• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qurupeke

Golden Time 1-3

NdCxbz6.jpg
UcXM3Oy.jpg
fwRbd9a.png
I think I'm in love with this show. It was the most interesting out of the recommendations I got here for an anime that takes place in a university and I feel it captures the feeling of being a freshman perfectly. The fact that you want to live your life to the fullest, trying to meet as many new people as you can, the older students trying to recruit you and all those parties. I love the setting so much more than high school, characters seem a lot more mature and trying to be social or find a girlfriend has actually some weight. Also, it's nice to see the students actually consuming alcohol and not getting drunk on juice or whatever. I couldn't ask anything more for an anime about the fun side of uni.

Anyway, about the actual anime, I really like all the characters... except fucking Mitsuo. He is such a piece of trash. Koko is like the perfect girlfriend and easily the best character in the show, how can he avoid her? I really hope she'd end up dumping him, she's too good for him. She's really amazing and especially after that conversation she had with Banri, she seems a lot more human than the crazy girlfriends she seemed to be. It's easy to tell that her love for Mitsuo is genuine. Every scene she's in is just amazing. I especially liked the one with Mitsuo and Banri talking about her while she was casually sitting behind them. Her very first scene was also pure gold, maybe the main reason for watching this.

2D kun is also a character worthy to mention. Oh and the OP is so lovey dovey, I love it. Really great show so far.

Dimension W

Why is this so anime-generic.

The gruff MC who is old fashioned to a fault, who lives in a world which has left him behind, and fights with great physical prowess with knives and wires despite normal people use firearms.

His obviously tragic past.

The madam-like character as his contact in the business.

The big established corporation that are in the background as the bad guys and are hiding the ugly truth.

The grating 'modern' music in the OP and the MC doing a bit of breakdance.

The super cute petite robot-neko girl.

It's like a remix of the idea of a "cool anime" from 10-12 years ago. It reminds me of Samurai Champloo or Darker than Black. Which isn't good in my book.

So Qurupeke is watching Golden Time.

And I'm sitting here wondering if anyone should warn him of where that show goes, or if we should just ignore that candle that's too close to the drapes.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Reminder: You as the community collectively selected that as one of your top recommendations for the season.

But yeah, that's like a really really unfortunate aspect of what otherwise could be a fun 'n' silly little show that doesn't take itself seriously.

velox, we tend to avoid posting ecchi stuff in here as it has gotten others perma-banned and it's generally frowned upon. We try to make this place more welcoming to any lurkers or those that might pop by, and shit like that keeps the bad anime community image alive. That's why people aren't approving of it.

You're not really funny tbh

Just creepy...

Well, then take a look at the genre of entertainment you are posting in a thread about. It's a show that airs alongside every other show. It is pretty strange, maybe you should re-evaluate the medium.

It's an in-context screen from the anime in question. Just letting people know what they are getting into, and it's hardly any creepier than the DOA3 Ex thread on the top of the gaming thread.

velox, we tend to avoid posting ecchi stuff in here as it has gotten others perma-banned and it's generally frowned upon. We try to make this place more welcoming to any lurkers or those that might pop by, and shit like that keeps the bad anime community image alive. That's why people aren't approving of it.

I removed it, but it's a key aspect (and part of the lack of popularity) of anime. It's not like people make the complaint about Ecchi because it's not in every other show. If you watch anime, you'll inevitably run into it, so I don't really see the point of glossing over it.

pbayne

Golden Time 1-3

I think I'm in love with this show. It was the most interesting out of the recommendations I got here for an anime that takes place in a university and I feel it captures the feeling of being a freshman perfectly. The fact that you want to live your life to the fullest, trying to meet as many new people as you can, the older students trying to recruit you and all those parties. I love the setting so much more than high school, characters seem a lot more mature and trying to be social or find a girlfriend has actually some weight. Also, it's nice to see the students actually consuming alcohol and not getting drunk on juice or whatever. I couldn't ask anything more for an anime about the fun side of uni.

Anyway, about the actual anime, I really like all the characters... except fucking Mitsuo. He is such a piece of trash. Koko is like the perfect girlfriend and easily the best character in the show, how can he avoid her? I really hope she'd end up dumping him, she's too good for him. She's really amazing and especially after that conversation she had with Banri, she seems a lot more human than the crazy girlfriends she seemed to be. It's easy to tell that her love for Mitsuo is genuine. Every scene she's in is just amazing. I especially liked the one with Mitsuo and Banri talking about her while she was casually sitting behind them. Her very first scene was also pure gold, maybe the main reason for watching this.

2D kun is also a character worthy to mention. Oh and the OP is so lovey dovey, I love it. Really great show so far.

Hope you enjoy it. I share some of the same complaints about the show that others have but I still enjoyed the show overall. Plus Koko is strong enough of a character to carry the show a lot of the time.

If your after more anime about having fun at uni give Genshiken a try.

Jesus anything to de-rail this Pandora talk too.

Well, then take a look at the genre of entertainment you are posting in a thread about. It's a show that airs alongside every other show. It is pretty strange, maybe you should re-evaluate the medium.

It's an in-context screen from the anime in question. Just letting people know what they are getting into, and it's hardly any creepier than the DOA3 Ex thread on the top of the gaming thread.

Stop this baiting

Narag

It's far less that and more part of the larger trend of you posting dumb shit in this thread for attention.

It's removed. You're all still alive and the world has continued rotating. Anime is saved and everything that comes with that has been restored to its rightful place.

wonzo

Banned
let velostrix post all the gross shit he wants so he gets permd and i never have to see someone quote his terrible posts ever again

I already mentioned that she's largely in the background until the end. I mean if this is going to be such a big hang up for you, you should probably drop the series.

You particularly stated that it is also visible early on and after 8 episodes where it finds absolutely zero resemblance in her characterization I can refute that.

She's just one bad character, though. There's many more flaws that'll make me drop it in 2 episodes when I fulfilled my contract unless it miraculously takes a sharp turn now.

tuffy

Hope you enjoy it. I share some of the same complaints about the show that others have but I still enjoyed the show overall. Plus Koko is strong enough of a character to carry the show a lot of the time.
Koko is the best character in Golden Time; she puts up with a lot more crap than anybody could be expected to.

It's a flawed show to be sure, but nothing so terrible that I regret the time spent watching it.

Clov

I removed it, but it's a key aspect (and part of the lack of popularity) of anime. It's not like people make the complaint about Ecchi because it's not in every other show. If you watch anime, you'll inevitably run into it, so I don't really see the point of glossing over it.

Really? Since Pandora has such content, we need to reevaluate the entire medium? There's plenty of shows that aren't like that, I don't think it's shows like Pandora that define how good the medium can actually be.

Putting that aside, how does this justify you posting something like that in here? Do you really think what you did was alright? I didn't visit the DoA3 thread, but just because people were posting creepy things in there doesn't mean you should do that over here.

I'm really not sure if you honestly believe the things you're typing, or if you're some sort of DTL level troll.

Mailbox

You particularly stated that it is also visible early on and after 8 episodes where it finds absolutely zero resemblance in her characterization I can refute that.

She's just one bad character, though. There's many more flaws that'll make me drop it in 2 episodes when I fulfilled my contract unless it miraculously takes a sharp turn now.

I have this weird feeling that you just love hating shows for some reason...

To be fair, i have a few gripes about toradora as well, but nothing that would make me say the show is worth dropping

I also really liked anohana :/

Mailbox

Koko is the best character in Golden Time; she puts up with a lot more crap than anybody could be expected to.

It's a flawed show to be sure, but nothing so terrible that I regret the time spent watching it.

Yeah, i completely agree.
Ghost banri
is definitely very divisive, and for good reason.

Really? Since Pandora has such content, we need to reevaluate the entire medium? There's plenty of shows that aren't like that, I don't think it's shows like Pandora that define how good the medium can actually be.

Putting that aside, how does this justify you posting something like that in here? Do you really think what you did was alright? I didn't visit the DoA3 thread, but just because people were posting creepy things in there doesn't mean you should do that over here.

I'm really not sure if you honestly believe the things you're typing, or if you're some sort of DTL level troll.

I was exaggerating. The post apparently shouldn't have been made, despite the anime itself getting numerous people watching the exact same content and discussing it. I don't really get that - since to me it feels like glossing over one of the darker sides of the industry for the sake of making people think it doesn't exist and to even be a member of neoGAF you have to be an adult - but I can understand how people would get upset. Personally, I welcome the debate on ecchi within the genre.

I apologize to anyone who was offended. I misinterpreted the thread, and my intent wasn't to glorify the show but to mock it. I didn't convey that well, and then got a bit upset over what I perceived as exaggerated reactions to my post. I suppose the fact that I picked a little girl avatar in response to the "Creepiest avatar thread" didn't help anything.

As much as I "shitpost", I also like to think I contribute to the discussion as well at about a 50/50 rate, even if most people disagree with me.

Qurupeke

Seems I missed something, luckily. lol

So Qurupeke is watching Golden Time.

And I'm sitting here wondering if anyone should warn him of where that show goes, or if we should just ignore that candle that's too close to the drapes.

Man, I refuse to believe this will turn to something bad. It started so strongly for a romance and it didn't bore me at all.

I have this weird feeling that you just love hating shows for some reason...

To be fair, i have a few gripes about toradora as well, but nothing that would make me say the show is worth dropping

I also really liked anohana :/

In my, not quite thorough, MAL list I got 70 shows with 7+ rating which I'd all consider to be somewhat good overall and recommendable to some in the least.

107 if I include 5+ ratings, too, which are 'okay' but probably won't really recommend them.

That's a lot of shows I don't hate I'd say.

Clov

I was exaggerating. The post apparently shouldn't have been made, despite the anime itself getting numerous people watching the exact same content and discussing it. I don't really get that - since to me it feels like glossing over one of the darker sides of the industry for the sake of making people think it doesn't exist and to even be a member of neoGAF you have to be an adult - but I can understand how people would get upset. Personally, I welcome the debate on ecchi within the genre.

I apologize to anyone who was offended. I misinterpreted the thread, and my intent wasn't to glorify the show but to mock it. I didn't convey that well, and then got a bit upset over what I perceived as exaggerated reactions to my post.

As much as I "shitpost", I also like to think I contribute to the discussion as well at about a 50/50 rate, even if most people disagree with me.

Talking about these things is fine. Posting example images really isn't. Not here. I'm sure some other forums are okay with that, but this one isn't. People have gotten banned for doing similar things before. Beyond that, it gives our community a bit of a bad reputation; we'd like to welcome in new members here, not scare them off right away like that. Just keep that in mind.

Rhapsody

Banned

Man, I refuse to believe this will turn to something bad. It started so strongly for a romance and it didn't bore me at all.

The beginning is the usual romance LN story. A little bit later though... I guess you'll see?

Maybe you'll like it though.

Quasar

Well I liked it despite one element. Liked it more than Toradora...admittedly its hard to compare as I bailed on that after a few episodes.

John Blade

People....just keep it clean here or make another thread where you can talk about those stuff separate if you can. So many people have been banned here for silly reason and lost few people here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom