• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

blurr

Ika Musume 11

The first short was a horror themed so they switched the usual washed out but peppy color palette to something dull to add to the atmosphere. Yea, this show is great. Just one more episode left.

John Blade

Yes, that's why I'm watching it, lol.

It's been on my backlog for a while now, and I was in the mood for some good old fantasy anime with mecha.

Hope you like the show as it's one of the few show I still like even today. Also, the soundtrack for this show is great to listen to outside of the show.

Active Raid Episode 4 – Holding Airspace

Okay this anime is really good now, Sena Kuroki is the best pairing I mean team. Their whole thing together is hilarious and they actually work well together. The Airplane Bomb is one of the best event thus far in the anime.

Cant wait for more.

Defuser

Kono suba ep 3
Jesus, 3 episodes in and the animation is still horribly inconsistent what the fucking fuck Deen.

And 5 points for a party trick? Truely the most useless person ever.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Kono suba ep 3
Jesus, 3 episodes in and the animation is still horribly inconsistent what the fucking fuck Deen.

And 5 points for a party trick? Truely the most useless person ever.

I don't know.
That's a free water source right there. Useful for long raid or adventuring...when they has the chance to do it (lol)

ghXKGBC.jpg

I, personally, can't wait for Door Punch.

Cornbread78

Erased ep.4:

Hinazuki was actually happy for an episode and it was beautiful. Sataru's mom is best mom by far.

"Well, if it was for a date, I would have given you the money for it" then she
stopped Hinazuki's mom from hitting her/him.... so good..

No, No, No, WTF? It was going so good there,
Sataru did it, but no, he just delayed the inevitable by an extra day.
Fuck.

I hate it when everything goes the right way for once,
but in the end it is all for nothing.

Chindogg

Considering I've only seen Edge of Tomorrow, I'm interested in All You Need is Kill.

Otherwise I'm kinda bummed about Spring so far.

JulianImp

Blood Blockade Battlefront #5

I liked how the party got to use their special abilities to achieve their objective but it wasn't the actual focus of the episode, but rather a really turnabout way to have Leo muster up the courage to go and ask a girl out for a date. I still can't empathize with the characters too well, but the way the two cuddled at the end was sweet.

Still, it's weird how Libra gets to do whatever it wants in the city. They got their building sliced in half in ep1, walked past the police to battle vampires and walked out without even being stopped for questioning or getting acknowledged by the authorities, and now they've caused absurd amounts of collateral damage when they stopped a literal monster truck. I was expecting the local authorities or whatever to have at least a minor part in the show, but so far it looks like it's more about shutting your brain off and going with the flow.

Qurupeke

Erased 4

Another great episode, but I couldn't stop feeling uneasy. And sadly, that ending seems to indicate the worse, maybe.
I have a feeling she's late in order to maker the present for Satoru, and I certainly hope I'm right.
Things are always calm before the storm though. :(

Also, what was that short scene with the teacher and the pole? The Polar bear from the North Pole ate the teacher. Do we know which student wrote that?
I wonder if it's Kenya...

And Satoru's mom is the best. That scene at the start was so cool.

Considering I've only seen Edge of Tomorrow, I'm interested in All You Need is Kill.

Otherwise I'm kinda bummed about Spring so far.

People who know the list is fake: "Man, I wish this list was real!"

People who think the list is real: "Man, I wish this list was fake!"

I guess it's true what they say.

So while I like Dimension W, and find myself looking forward the next episode, is it weird that I feel like it's a miss opportunity that Loser isn't the main character?

I mean, Kyouma is cool, but we haven't seen him do a nine hit combo yet while talking about being more flamboyant.

Posted my AOTY 2015.

1. Shirobako
2. Non Non Biyori Repeat
3. SNAFU S2
4. Rokka
5. Yona of the Dawn
6. Euphonium
7. Shokugeki no Soma
8. Haikyuu!! S2
9. My Love Story
10. Your Lie in April (only because of the OST)

If Shirobako isn't #1 I'm gonna riot

So while I like Dimension W, and find myself looking forward the next episode, is it weird that I feel like it's a miss opportunity that Loser isn't the main character?

I mean, Kyouma is cool, but we haven't seen him do a nine hit combo yet while talking about being more flamboyant.

I initially read that as "shit combo". Yeah this dude is cool. I'm sure we'll see a lot more of him.

Posted my AOTY 2015.

1. Shirobako
2. Non Non Biyori Repeat
3. SNAFU S2
4. Rokka
5. Yona of the Dawn
6. Euphonium
7. Shokugeki no Soma
8. Haikyuu!! S2
9. My Love Story
10. Your Lie in April (only because of the OST)

If Shirobako isn't #1 I'm gonna riot

I think 4 and 9 should be swapped, but I agree with most everything else. :p Did you not watch Owari or did it just not make it on to your list?

I think 4 and 9 should be swapped, but I agree with most everything else. :p Did you not watch Owari or did it just not make it on to your list?

Owarimonogatari? I havent seen any of the monogatari shows yet unfortunately. Have to fix that someday.

Unless you meant another show.

phaze

People who know the list is fake: "Man, I wish this list was real!"

People who think the list is real: "Man, I wish this list was fake!"

I guess it's true what they say.

Not true, I knew its fake and I hope it will remain just that.

Erased 04

I was waiting for the entire episode for something to go wrong and I guess I got it.
If that ending sticks then it really didn't go the way I thought it would.

The mechanics of this "revival" thing confuse me. Is Satoru condemned to reliving next ~20 years or does he think he'll somehow jump forward in time again if he resolves the murder case ? I'd be freaking out a bit more when faced with the first possibility.

Qurupeke

The mechanics of this "revival" thing confuse me. Is Satoru condemned to reliving next ~20 years or does he think he'll somehow jump forward in time again if he resolves the murder case ? I'd be freaking out a bit more when faced with the first possibility.

Yeah, this hasn't been disclosed afaik. If I had to guess, I'd say the second scenario seems more possible, but Satoru hasn't mentioned anything. I really doubt that he'll have to pass 20 years like that. I mean whether he saves Hinazuki or not, he has already changed the future with his 29 years of knowledge. I don't think they'll leave it unanswered though, but probably it's too early for us to know. They obviously focused on Hinazuki and Satoru. Things should start being different now.

Owarimonogatari? I havent seen any of the monogatari shows yet unfortunately. Have to fix that someday.

Unless you meant another show.

Nope, that's what I meant. :p If you watch them, you should post your impressions here. I'm always looking forward to seeing how people see the series the first time through.

JCG

Active Raid - 4

Despite the lack of any actual combat and less comedy (or, some might say, precisely because of the latter), I liked this more than the previous episode. Stopping a plane from blowing up is easier to accept as a credible (if typical) threat that would require police intervention. Again, it's still very much sticking with familiar genre material and personal enjoyment of such conventions will always remain an issue.

Similarly, the two dudes got more screen time than anyone else this time, which is either good or bad depending on how you feel about treading through known buddy cop territory. The military side of things also looks like a potentially more promising rival/antagonist faction than Mr. Hacker, who is kind of amusing yet otherwise unremarkable so far. It certainly seems like that's where the show wants to go (it'll probably become a free-for-all struggle over technology). That said, the series did continue to remind everyone that IMS is working on the regular art and animation, with entirely expected results.

pbayne

Season 2 of space bros? I know fake list and all but didn't it get near 100 episodes? Is there still more to adapt or are people just desperate for more?

Haven't seen it so genuinely don't know.

Nope, that's what I meant. :p If you watch them, you should post your impressions here. I'm always looking forward to seeing how people see the series the first time through.

Which order should they be watched? I have a decent backlog but I've been meaning to start this series.

Gvitor

Kuroko no Basket S2/S3 (END)

Just finished it. Some of my early problems got fixed by the end, even if they tried too hard in some parts. After Kiyoshi re-entered the team and they developed Hyuga more, Izuki was the only random guy on the team. But sure enough he got a little bit of development near the end that made up for it. It still ain't nowhere near Haikyu's level of character development, but it was nice having a team you can actually care, instead of just the 2 main characters. That's about the 5 main players, because even though I liked that in the last match everyone got a chance to play, it would be way better if these other characters weren't just a bunch of nobodies.

Another thing I would've liked more it's time management. It gets really ridiculous later on. I feel conflicted, because while I do like that we have other players as recurring characters narrating the game, I feel the omniscient narrator Hunter x Hunter uses, for instance, would help the timing issues. (I know people aren't too fond of that kind of narration, but it fits better for a 10-page analysis of a 2 second play than a hivemind of players talking -- it gets really weird when one player across the court gives continuation to a thought the other started, even more so when it has very specific wording that one of them couldn't possiblly know right then).

Anyway, those are pet peeves and I'm overanalyzing it. The best thing this show does, it does right up until the end: hyping and delivering. There are so many fun matches, like Touou x Kaijo, Touou x Seirin 2 and Seirin x Kaijo 2, that kept me on the edge of my seat. It borders more on the supernatural than I thought it would while starting it, but it didn't hinder my enjoyment and I still recommend it regardless. Anyone waiting for the next episode of Haikyuu that still hasn't seen this should give it a shot. It isn't as great, imo, but it is damn good.

[Assassination Classroom S2] - 04

The RC tank in the first part was awesome.

I didn't like the translations of the code names in the secod part. =/
ギャルゲーの主人公 != "Dating Sim Emo Character"
I guess it was the translators having fun...

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Erased Episode 4:

So in the end the future refused to change, which makes sense from a format standpoint as it is way too early in the narrative for everything to go right. Still, even with that in mind they made the still last days of Kayo Hinazuki rather warm and emotionally resonant and Satoru was improving his own life as well. Indeed they were hinting at it a few times in the episode of Satoru is currently trapped in a causality loop though this one is a bit different then normal as while some shit remained the same her clearly changed some shit, you don't see that often and I wonder how this is going to play out?

JulianImp

The manga is still ongoing and yes, there is more to adapt.

Oh, that's nice to hear. It'd be cool to get another 99 episode batch someday, but I guess there's always the manga (even though I don't remember it being available in CR).

It's a really unique show, so yeah, I'd definitely recommend that you check it out sometime. It's a very dialog-heavy show, but the way it's structured and the visuals give it lots of dynamism.

Jarmel

Banned
So decided to read the translated prologue and first chapter of Youjo Senki. Its got some fat on it that could be trimmed off if a good director and scriptwriter works on it but it has potential. One thing that stuck out though:

When Lehrgen asked the instructors how she was doing in school, they told him that when she was explaining the guidelines as a Phase One cadet to Phase Two cadets, she declared that she would purge the incompetent from the military. For the spirited Phase One cadets, such shouts were nothing surprising; even the instructors laughed when they heard that, thinking she was really driven. However, her actions matched her words so closely it made the instructors turn green.

During a certain field maneuver exercise, a Phase Two cadet who caused some minute disturbance not only ignored Phase One cadet Tanya Degurechaff’s orders, he even mocked her age and appearance. His actions were nothing short of foolish. At this moment, Major Lehrgen witnessed her will to carry out her duty as a commander, as she prepared to execute the offender according to military law.

For Major Lehrgen, this was the incident that made him remember the dangerous existence of Tanya Degurechaff, out of all the Mage officers in the Empire.

It was true that the cadet who disobeyed orders needed to be disciplined harshly. Discipline and training were the foundation of the Empire; these principles on which the army was built on would collapse if there was any lapses. Since this was a fundamental problem, the resolute attitude of the commander was correct. Truthfully speaking and considering historical facts, an officer’s pistol was a tool to execute deserters and soldiers falling out of line. The obligation of the officers in commanding their subordinates was that important; there was no need to explain further.

However—shouting “Since this blockhead forgets my orders, I will have to split his skull open and jam them directly into his brain!” and then proceeding to tie the cadet up while deploying her magic knife — that was too much. When the instructors intervened, she was seriously about to slash him, Lehrgen saw this with his own eyes. If no one had stopped her, she definitely would have slashed him.

Oh fuck this girl is hardcore.

I, personally, can't wait for Door Punch.

After looking on a real chart for the Spring season I realize that Tsutomu Mizushima and Okada are doing an anime original show with Mayoiga.

30 young men and women who came together on a shady bus tour. The tour's destination: an illusive, possibly nonexistent village called Nanakimura. In Nanakimura, one can lead a utopian existence, free of the world's obstacles … or so it was rumored, like an urban legend.

"In despair over the real world ... wanting to escape the tedious daily life … wanting to restart your life from scratch …"

The bus headed deep into the mountains, carrying 30 people each harboring their own expectations and wounds in their hearts…

And so, the place these 30 arrived at, was an uninhabited village with the lingering faint scents of life, even though it was falling apart.

What is the truth of Nanakimura facing the 30? You can't miss even one episode!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ma-anohana-okada-make-mayoiga-tv-anime/.97011

This can only end as masterpiece...

JulianImp

It may not be available in your territory, but Crunchyroll has the Space Brothers manga, at least in the US.

Nevermind, just checked and it was there. I very rarely visit the manga portion of CR, so I must've missed it. I wish there was a way to add manga to your queue like with anime, since having to manually browse to them is a pain, and I sometimes forget which volume/chapter I was at.

Which chapter should I start with to pick up from where the anime left off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom