• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibyea

Banned
Erased - 4
What a heartwarming episode. Glad to see Hinazuki happy.
That ending though, ouch.
Overall I like the episode even if not as good as the previous three. So far this show has been fantastic, it better keep it up!

My soulmate

Erased 4

Im still kind of unsure how saving Hinazuki will effect saving Satoru's mom in the future? I know its implied that the killer is the same but thats just speculation. Also we still don't the guy seen walking out of the apartment was the killer at all.

I guess time jump next episode? Time to open the Steins Gate?

No future episode spoilers, just guessing:
Revival brings him back to the exact moment before something bad happens. This time he went that far back, and the major event at the the time that COULD change history is the whole thing with Kayo. He's just assuming that it'll work.

Erased 4

Man my heart sunk at the end. What the heck. Other than that, episode was excellent as always.

I'll admit though, I can barely wait for next Thursday.

A3bn2NA.jpg

This is my favorite flag.

Phatmac

It'll be hard to beat this show as the best of the season so far with how well direct the whole show is. I knew something was wrong with how happy everything was for the whole episode. I just love the cute moments between Satoru and Hinazuki. Someone save this girl. ;__;

Qurupeke

Inb4 Spring Season is worse than Winter.

Okay, zero chance. Still, I'm not sure if we'll have something like Erased. And I really don't want to jinx it.

Erased Episode 4

The red eyes again? I actually rolled my eyes when I saw them this time. It's getting overbearing now, probably the biggest downfall out of an amazing show.

Now moving on to my thoughts of the episode. I liked it. Satoru is a smooth operator. A smooooooooooooooooooooth operator. I laughed when
he reminded himself again that he's a 29 year old man and shouldn't get embarassed over remarks like those. And the slips of what he was thinking were fantastic. There's definitely something connecting his memory of events to his slips of what he's thinking and remembering events that shouldn't have happened or didn't change much. Ending was ominous but I don't expect it'll be QUITE as bad as they'd want you to think or they would have been more obvious like showing you a body.

No matter what, they can't really
advance the relationship much from Satoru's side, because they have the issue that he's a 29 year old. So they'll probably have her fall in love with him and then he goes back to an alternate timeline.

I don't have much more to say, I just finished an emotionally draining time travel drama series in Life is Strange right now so I can't geek out over how amazing this series is right now or give the episode a fair critique. But 4/4 so far which means 4 episode rule has been beaten, when my friend comes to visit in 2 weeks it'll be halfway done so I'll watch it with him then.

phaze

Inb4 Spring Season is worse than Winter.

Okay, zero chance.

For me, this is like the best season since Spring 2014 so the bolded wouldn't really surprise me at all. But maybe Sakamato, Joker Game and maybe Flying Witch will end up surprising me as Erased, Dimension W did.

Yes, the Spring season does look hype.

But on the other hand, it is also giving us another season of Terra Formars.

From the storyboarder of Shigurui IIRC so art tier show confirmed.

I still need to watch S1 to complete my journey through Hamasaki directed shows.
ip2gaw8upjlu.gif

Super Lovers is the only anime we need.

i just read the description of this BL story
While spending summer with his mother, Haru meets Ren, a boy newly adopted by his mother. Getting along with Ren isn't easy as Haru's goal is to "civilize" him by the time summer ends. Their relationship slowly improves as Haru spends more time with Ren and in return Ren steadily warms up to him. Can they really become a "family" at the end of summer!?
And the older brother is 18 and the younger one 8? Christ.

pbayne

Stride 4

Great character episode for Hinazuki and megami-kun. Visually the races still look really dynamic. Cool stuff.

Best boy hinazuki really mans up. Wins the race then immediately sprints to help his friend. What a guy.

Osomatsu 16

With Gintama being all serious this has kinda taken its place for me. Episode will make fujoshi's happy, holy shit they couldn't have been more blatant about it..

lonely

Erased 4
Haven't really posted here for awhile but just wanted to chime in some thoughts on this episode.
Spoilers/speculation
In the ending there is hamster in a wheel which transition into a shot of Satoru. So my theory is that he is stuck in a loop and all those fragments of memories he saw throughout this episode are from where he has tried to save Hinazuki before and failed.

Aside from Bones action My Hero Academia is going to be average since the source material is meh.

I think people are overselling the series so much and building up too much false hope for it, the best moments for the anime may not even come until people have already dropped it for being too samey.

Not showing Kaminari character design or even Todoroki's yet speaks volumes as to the quality of the anime thus far.

pbayne

Erased 4
Haven't really posted here for awhile but just wanted to chime in some thoughts on this episode.
Spoilers/speculation
In the ending there is hamster in a wheel which transition into a shot of Satoru. So my theory is that he is stuck in a loop and all those fragments of memories he saw throughout this episode are from where he has tried to save Hinazuki before and failed.

So basically the exact same as Steins Gate? Kind of

Jojo, Concrete Revolutio, Garo movie, Phoenix Wright...

E2MkT.gif

Oh and the Asterisk War is returning...
21390-6gyCO116hB1s.jpg

I look forward to more erotic head patting.
Not really.

Mature

I think people are overselling the series so much and building up too much false hope for it, the best moments for the anime may not even come until people have already dropped it for being too samey.
I find this to be be pretty typical of people vouching for source material ITT— like there's a level of personal ownership to it. Though I've seen the full gamut of outcomes in terms of the consensus, so I've learned to pretty much play it by ear regardless.

Cornbread78

Evangelion ep.7
Pretty damn intense moments in this episode as Misato tried to stop
the SSDF's nuclear mecha creation that was out of control
. They are doing a good job focusing on developing the characters around Shinji and his relationships with him at the moment.

Jintor

I find this to be be pretty typical of people vouching for source material ITT— like there's a level of personal ownership to it. Though I've seen the full gamut of outcomes in terms of the consensus, so I've learned to pretty much play it by ear regardless.

yeah but on the other hand you gotta apply the dtl filter

duckroll

Lord of the Rings is over 1000 pages. Adapted into 3 longass movies.

The Hobbit is about 300 pages. Adapted into 3 longass movies.

Noragami adapted 3 volumes of manga in 10 episodes.

Blood Blockade Battlefront adapted 5 volumes of manga in 10 episodes.

Blast of Tempest adapted 10 volumes of manga in 24 episodes.

Adaptation is not an exact science!

Working!!! 14 END

It's really incredible that a sitcom/romcom like this managed to get a very satisfactory and conclusive ending wrapping up all the ongoing plot threads and tying it off in a nice little bow. This whole third season was pretty much a love letter to series fans. Thanks, Aniplex!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Yotsubato adapted into 0 episodes of anime.

Lord of the Rings is over 1000 pages. Adapted into 3 longass movies.

The Hobbit is about 300 pages. Adapted into 3 longass movies.

Noragami adapted 3 volumes of manga in 10 episodes.

Blood Blockade Battlefront adapted 5 volumes of manga in 10 episodes.

Blast of Tempest adapted 10 volumes of manga in 24 episodes.

Adaptation is not an exact science!

Blood Blockade Battlefront ending is pretty lame though.

Cornbread78

Evangelion ep.8
Lol, best funny moment so far is when cap boy got rekt for seeing Asuka's panties and got his "viewing fee" Typical anime, U know, however, his response was epic. "What, you think that was worth it? Here take a look at mine" and he really drops his drawers! Too funny!

Anyhow, we have a new girl, Asuka, who is also an Eva pilot, so Rei, Asuka and Shinji are the triple team I assume? Maybe a little love triangle action coming up?

Good battle in the episode as well.

One Outs 25 (End)

So this ended up actually being just Akagi playing baseball. Pretty good, but I guess now I have to read the manga to finish the story.

Jintor

Evangelion ep.8
Lol, best funny moment so far is when cap boy got rekt for seeing Asuka's panties and got his "viewing fee" Typical anime, U know, however, his response was epic. "What, you think that was worth it? Here take a look at mine" and he really drops his drawers! Too funny!

Anyhow, we have a new girl, Asuka, who is also an Eva pilot, so Rei, Asuka and Shinji are the triple team I assume? Maybe a little love triangle action coming up?

Good battle in the episode as well.

asuka's legit.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Phantasy Star Online 2 - 4

Am I the only one here who's still watching this?

Anyway, I think most people expected a decent episode, since the game's producer stated multiple times that the anime will get "even more" interesting from episode 4.
Ties to the game's newest update were expected, but this week's show completely failed to deliver in that regard.

Only thing related to the current game's story was one of the characters briefly mentioning
rumors about unmanned cars (which are one of the new enemies in the game)
. Given how the new story in the game is basically
characters from the game warping to the real world to deal with monsters which start appearing (in this world PSO2 exists as a game)
, I expected a bit more. At least we got a shot of
a character from the game killing an enemy off screen
, which makes me believe that the real anime - game connection will hopefully start next week.

Disappointment aside, this week's episode focused on showing how much fun the PSO2 offline event happening every few months is. To be honest, I was already thinking about going to the next one when it's in Tokyo and this might've convince me even further.

All in all, people expecting anything exciting will be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom