• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nevermind, just checked and it was there. I very rarely visit the manga portion of CR, so I must've missed it. I wish there was a way to add manga to your queue like with anime, since having to manually browse to them is a pain, and I sometimes forget which volume/chapter I was at.

Which chapter should I start with to pick up from where the anime left off?

Let's see... looks like the anime ended at chapter 187.

phaze

So decided to read the translated prologue and first chapter of Youjo Senki. Its got some fat on it that could be trimmed off if a good director and scriptwriter works on it but it has potential. One thing that stuck out though:

But why was a Russian loli even admitted into this Wehrmacht ripoff.

Disgusting lack of historical accuracy. I'll stick to Strike Witches.

AyanFaust

Banned
Ah yes, we're starting to get into the better part of the series imo(not that the earlier part was bad by any stretch of the imagination). Most of the episode was just adorable, especially with Hinazuki not finishing the present(almost got teary myself when they showed her eyes starting to tear up). Anyway super excited to see the next episode animated! Next week can't come quick enough!

Ascheroth

Erased - 04

Soooooooo good.
Satoru and Hinazuki are so cute together. I was waiting the entire episode for something bad to happen, and then it really did at the end. Thigs were just going to great for Satoru to be true. And lol at the Kenya-teacher fakeout, they were just talking about Satorus birthday party, haha.
Also, Satorus mom is great.

Active Raid - 04

Definitely the best episode so far. Was kinda refreshing seeing Unit 8 not fighting someone but just saving the day 'regularly'. The bickering and interactions between Sena and Kuroki are also gold. And it's also cool to see Sena acknowleding the newbie and asking Kuroki to help him get her up to track.
Getting some clues about the 'larger' story and villain goals was also nice.

Jarmel

Banned
But why was a Russian loli even admitted into this Wehrmacht ripoff.

Disgusting lack of historical accuracy. I'll stick to Strike Witches.

Well this wouldn't be the Wehrmacht but the German Empire. As long as she's not Polish I suppose it's fine.

Cornbread78

Ah yes, we're starting to get into the better part of the series imo(not that the earlier part was bad by any stretch of the imagination). Most of the episode was just adorable, especially with Hinazuki not finishing the present(almost got teary myself when they showed her eyes starting to tear up). Anyway super excited to see the next episode animated! Next week can't come quick enough!

Oh $hit, now this has me super interested and super pumped....

you should cross post that into the OT:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1167141

I'm sure peeps there would be super interested to hear that...

Nightii

Banned
Erased 04

Ok, I......I think I need spoilers dammit, will Kayo make it through this damn series?

Stupid animes making me feel worried and stuff...

Miss Monochrome S3 04

CZ1eFzRW0AEqBNL.jpg:large

Closest we'll ever get to Yotsuba anime

pbayne

Nisemonogatari 4

Im starting to see why some people are...slightly uncomfortable with this arc, like the fanservice is dialed up to 11. But ive heard others say its completely terrible and I just can't agree with that, at least so far.

One aspect that kind of irks me is that the show tries to play both sides by having a main relationship(senjoughara, who is kind of unlikable in this arc for some reason) and having the harem too.

Also holy shit what happened to Sengoku? She basically changes from a shy wallflower to trying to
rape Araragi
. And the scenes with Shinbou, I can get the general gist of the animosity between them but some of the context is still lost on me(I gather Kizu covers that?). Plus Kaiki is hella ominous.

But all in all still enjoyable. It weird that im watching an older SHAFT show currently, Paniponi Dash, and Monogatari is so much easier to follow and comprehend in comparison.

Qurupeke

Nisemonogatari 4

Also holy shit what happened to Sengoku? She basically changes from a shy wallflower to trying to
rape Araragi
. And the scenes with Shinbou, I can get the general gist of the animosity between them but some of the context is still lost on me(I gather Kizu covers that?). Plus Kaiki is hella ominous.

You think Sengoku changed a lot, eh?

The story with Shinobu is a bit weird without Kizu. You lose a lot of context of why she's like that, why she acts like that and why she eventually becomes more "playful". Season 2 covers a lot of those aspects though, so even without Kizu, you'll pretty much understand what's going on. She doesn't do much in Nise other than having a very cool scene and a very weird scene.

[Assassination Classroom S2] - 04

The RC tank in the first part was awesome.

I didn't like the translations of the code names in the second part. =/
ギャルゲーの主人公 != "Dating Sim Emo Character"
I guess it was the translators having fun...

I still chuckled at it though the I remember the manga translators used Adult Game Protagonist and someone used something else, I guess translators always wanna be different from someone else.

Assassination Classroom Episode 26 Spinning Time
tumblr_o1odarVe5G1qbxqfpo1_540.png

Itona is Terasaka's lol, he fits right in with his crew and I love it more than in the source. I still like how he looks in the manga more, his eyes make him look so nice and all in it.

Maehara and others with the RC though and that shadowing effect added to them for the scheme and their jobs, lol.

Jarmel

Banned
Erased-4
8Q6QVEG.jpg

This felt lazy.
Other than
the twist
this felt like a really substandard episode and I'm guessing was outsourced. Direction felt particularly halfassed at times and there were many shots of backgrounds that rather than seemed strategic, felt used to cover a lack of animation. Things like the birthday party montage seemed particularly flat, probably due to the lack of animation for something that should have been full of motion.

As for the plot itself, this episode did expand on some possible 'wrinkles'.
It seems like the timeline is either auto-adjusting in some weird fashion by correcting past events in Satoru's timeline or his mindset is again starting to bleed over/merge. This episode he blurted out what he was thinking more often and I wonder if that trend is going to increase. As for the whole Kayo deal I have no clue what to make of that. Does he need to do more drastic actions like burn down the school?

H0PMXEQ.png

Always some fun to look at and compare.

Grimgar at #2 is a joke. Konosuba is much better!

Hey I actually think their ranking is pretty nice but the lack of Haikyu is terrible! Also that was the ranking based on the second episode right? Makes even more sense since Grimgar ep.2 was quite good.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
  1. Nurse Witch Komugi-chan R
  2. Sekko Boys
  3. Pandora in the Crimson Shell
  4. Please Tell Me! Galko-chan
  5. Mahou Shoujo Nante Mouiidesukara
  6. Ojisan and Marshmallow
  7. There's other shows this season?

ERASED episode 4
download.png
download_1.png

If this series doesn't end on a happy note for this girl then FUCK EVERYTHING

Also I don't think Satoru is
stuck in a loop or anything. I think everything is happening as it did before, he just can't remember it. It's why he says things without meaning to. He can't change this for some reason.

Cornbread78

2. Sekko Boys

You are sick in the head, you know that?

My List:
1) Erased
2) Konosuba
3) Gate
4) Heavy Object
5) Snow White
6) Dimension W
7) Koyomimonogatari
8) Bahamut
9) Phantom
10) Marshmellow

something like that at least...

Ascheroth

I don't know about my top 10 this season on short notice, but top 5 (so far) is pretty easy:

1) Erased
2) Rakugo
3) Durararara
4) Konosuba
5) Dimension W

Joe Molotov

2. Sekko Boys

Galko-chan needs to be full-length episodes. I'm not getting my fix of cute-girls-doing-nothing SOL shows this season. I'm getting the shakes.

Erased 04

The mechanics of this "revival" thing confuse me. Is Satoru condemned to reliving next ~20 years or does he think he'll somehow jump forward in time again if he resolves the murder case ? I'd be freaking out a bit more when faced with the first possibility

Yeh I wondered about that as well. I don't really understand how this isn't a major concern for him, especially since he'd have plenty time to think about that.

Or even what the future might be if he does simply return to it but so many major pieces have changed, like his entire relationship with Hinazuki and would affect just about everything.

i'm glad i mustard the courage.

Crunchyroll gonna Crunchyroll.

Also I'm surprised to see people ranking Galko so high on their lists.

It's not a bad show, but it doesn't grab me either. The last episode where things got weirdly serious at the end felt out of place too.

Those of you who told me Ep 5 of Life is Strange 'shat the bed' weren't lying about the drop in quality. But maybe with the lowered expectations I didn't find it THAT bad, but it definitely had issues.

Those of you who told me Ep 5 of Life is Strange 'shat the bed' weren't lying about the drop in quality. But maybe with the lowered expectations I didn't find it THAT bad, but it definitely had issues.

I feel like they wanted to go crazy, but the budget wouldn't let them really. Also while the voice acting is pretty decent for life is strange, the facial animation is just not there, particularly in the final emotional scene.

Still not a bad game.

the witness is fucked up

Crunchyroll gonna Crunchyroll.

Also I'm surprised to see people ranking Galko so high on their lists.

It's not a bad show, but it doesn't grab me either. The last episode where things got weirdly serious at the end felt out of place too.

There's nothing else good this season

ok game, only nu point and click choice based meme game ive liked past the walking dead s1

Qurupeke

Golden Time 13-14

So... The two of them seem to date, there's an angry ghost thirsty for revenge and Koko is friendly with Okachinami. It's like a different show. lol And a beach episode is coming..

the witness is fucked up

There's nothing else good this season

ok game, only nu point and click choice based meme game ive liked past the walking dead s1

I really liked it, but I honestly enjoyed Tales from the Borderlands more. It decided to go the opposite direction of Telltale, and even this game, of dramatic adventure game and went for a fun hilarious adventure title. I never wanted to leave the characters in that game, while in this one the performances were more powerful but once you introduce its gimmick I felt like so much more could've been done with it.

pbayne

2. Sekko Boys

My soulmate

Erased 4

Im still kind of unsure how saving Hinazuki will effect saving Satoru's mom in the future? I know its implied that the killer is the same but thats just speculation. Also we still don't the guy seen walking out of the apartment was the killer at all.

I guess time jump next episode? Time to open the Steins Gate?

Erased Ep. 4

Animation and directing has yet to get to the level of perfection that occurred in Episode 2, unfortunately. It's not bad, just very average.

Past that, this episode had me making a ton of theories. I think this was the episode that gave the most insight into the plot and how the story will move forward, but it was all in such small details that everything I've came up with feels like I'm being forced to make giant assumptions. Also, the scene where Satoru is outside the house with the clock feels like a mystery piece. Unless it was just really poorly directed, that particular shot has to have some importance that I'm not putting together yet.

i haven't watched any anime this season O:
Erased is a good one to watch. KonoSuba is probably the most fun show of the season. Rakugo has lots of dialogue, if you are into that. Dimension W is the anime for everyone.

ViciousDS

Banned
Hunter x Hunter 90-91

Talk about emotion, I was in tears by the end of these two episodes. This anime has been amazing. The king is looking to be a fucked not to mess with. Can't wait to see how everything unfolds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom