• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Random question: what are the chances of a complete Space Dandy collection releasing? Instead of being separated out as seasons one and two, like the current releases.

I really want to re-watch this show on Blu-ray but can't decide whether to pull the trigger on the two separate sets or wait for an inevitable complete set (if there will ever be one).

Surely they'll be some sort of Anime Classics release way down the line.

Cornbread78

Steins Gate ep.1
That was an interesting opening to the series. I am completely los in anything that is going on, but I'm guessing that is normal. Interesting cast so far, but from the ED, (which is really good btw) there are more characters to come including the girl that was
killed, but is now not killed

JulianImp

Erased #5 was okay-ish, but as others have just said it felt pretty nonsensical that Satoru would go on the run rather than explaining things to anyone. Then the worst possible thing happens and
the girl gets a message from the murderer posing as Satoru and possibly dies in the fire by opening the door when there's smoke on the other side (seriously, who the heck would even open a door to a room that's most likely on fire?!) before she could actually reply or leave some sort of statement/message behind that could help clear Satoru's name. As it is right now she'll most likely end up dead and the cops will find the message somehow, further pinning Satoru down as the murderer because of all these overly contrived and pretty unbelievable plot points.

Seriously, for all the relative down-to-earth-ness this show has had characterization-wise during the flashbacks, the characters have apparently made up for all that by doing more and more things that feel overly railroaded and make little to no sense.

e_i

Animax? Isn't there a dub for that being done by Aniplex?

I remember Animax also having a dub of Fairy Tail that was completley separate from Funimation's dub.

That's why I said "possible." The actors sound too good to be from an Animax dub (which usually sound like early ADV dubs). Also, NISA is doing the dub, not Aniplex. Also, NISA has a history of putting Americanisms in dubs.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Possible Love Live dub trailer It's a cam and contains "awesomesauce." Watch at your own risk. I think it's a commercial for Animax.

PFp2GSS.png

Ah yes, a real trailer with real review from real sites like Fake Anime News.

Cornbread78

Heavy Object ep.17
Well, it's official, this is the worst
situation Quenthar has ever been in! There's no way he is dead though! How did that kid sneak through the school as an enemy and go on the mission, just to kill them all and ensure Baby Magnum would be destroyed since it was a limited window of success.
Man these damn cliffhangers.... Next week cannot come soon enough for one of the best series of the season!

Clov

Animax? Isn't there a dub for that being done by Aniplex as well? Or are they just broadcasting Aniplex's dub?

I remember Animax also having a dub of Fairy Tail that was completley separate from Funimation's dub.

I don't think Aniplex is involved with Love Live in North America. That's handled by NISA here.

Dagashi Kashi 05

Probably the best episode so far since none of the skits felt dragged out and it portrayed Hotaru and Coconuts' dad as junkies trying to get their fix

+ megane Hotaru and outfit change. Good show

e_i

A fake trailer? Come on, NIS release the real trailer, please. We are a week away from the release. What the hell is the problem?

blurr

Steins Gate ep.1
That was an interesting opening to the series. I am completely los in anything that is going on, but I'm guessing that is normal. Interesting cast so far, but from the ED, (which is really good btw) there are more characters to come including the girl that was
killed, but is now not killed

Did the first episode have the ED by Yui Sakakibara? (or was it after the first).

Regardless, the one by Yui Sakakibara - Toki tsukasa doru juuni no meiyaku ; the fact that I remember this long-ass name speaks a lot about the song. It's one of the best ED songs I've heard. It goes really well with the events of the show.

JulianImp

Konosuba is way funnier and better than it has any right to be.

Seriously. I thought the show was going to be some of the same old tryhard isekai JRPG world stuff we've been seeing a lot of as of late, but was pleasantly surprised by how KonoSuba didn't take itself seriously for a change.

Ascheroth

Active Raid - 05

That was a fun episode. I'm starting to think this show is a lot better when they don't have suit fights, but use them in other ways. And I like the character interactions.
I also wonder if the fact that the one girl from the first episode continues to show up each episode as a background character is going to have any significance.

Heavy Object - 17

Huh, bunch of new characters. It's pretty impressive how consistently fun this has been so far.

brawly

Finished Part 1 of Hokuto no Ken (ep 22). Does it get better/worse from here?

Thought it was alright but could easily drop it if it doesn't get better. Feel like the story is done.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Please tell me, Galko-chan, why is Erased SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT

Seriously. I thought the show was going to be some of the same old tryhard isekai JRPG world stuff we've been seeing a lot of as of late, but was pleasantly surprised by how KonoSuba didn't take itself seriously for a change.

I can't describe it well, but pretty much the jokes just consistently land and hit the mark. It just makes me laugh out loud which to be frank is hard for a lot of Japanese shows as the humor I normally find associated with it is the type that makes you smile and not bark with laughter.

Heavy Object 17

Heavy Object just keeps consistently getting better and better. Jesus. These last couple episodes have been some of the best of the series. Ohohoho~ arc was fantastic and this new one finally introduces some of the new people in the OP!

If it retains this level of quality to the end of the 2nd cour I think my Anime of the Year vote was underselling this show a lot. Probably woulda been my top 3 if it all happened in 2015

I'm finding the shorts super boring and I've already dropped all 3 I was watching. I dunno, I didn't find them funny or cute. They ain't no...whatever that one funny short I watched was. The jRPG one where half of it takes place in jail

phaze

It's a very slow build up, but 13 onwards is when the show actually gets really good (which is a tough sell for a lot of people but I personally believe it's worth it). Animation quality and fight choreography improves as well.

I don't think I'll manage to stick with for that long. Especially since I watched episode 16 or 17 ( the one with the great animated fight) and I think I both remember more or less where things will go and at same time, I'm not particularly excited about that direction.

Evangelion ep.25-END
WTF did I just watch and what did any of it even fucking mean? There was no ending here, just a mental monolog about nothing. No answers, no discoveries, no conclusion only increased confusion on what any of it even meant. What a waste. Talk about bad episodes, this was 100,000,000,000 X worse than anything seen in Erased today.

Ok, now tell me how brilliant and amazing this was supposed to be because obviously I missed the boat somewhere...

As someone who feels similarly about that ending, I'd recommend watching the movie. EoE gives closure to many characters and gives you some answers. It's still trippy as hell and you probably won't like where it ends all that much either but I dare say you'll still enjoy it much more than tv one.

Ugh, CG mecha.

Watch Yatterman !

The Kizuna System, which allows Katsuhira to share his wounds

wut

Garo 06
The village episode made me doubt myself for a bit but nah, the Horror of the week episodes in this show are utter tripe. It's funny how Mononoke, out of similar premise, manages to create something that is eons above what you can see here. (Even taking into account the much shorter time available here.)

Ascheroth

I can't describe it well, but pretty much the jokes just consistently land and hit the mark. It just makes me laugh out loud which to be frank is hard for a lot of Japanese shows as the humor I normally find associated with it is the type that makes you smile and not bark with laughter.

Heavy Object 17

Heavy Object just keeps consistently getting better and better. Jesus. These last couple episodes have been some of the best of the series. Ohohoho~ arc was fantastic and this new one finally introduces some of the new people in the OP!

If it retains this level of quality to the end of the 2nd cour I think my Anime of the Year vote was underselling this show a lot. Probably woulda been my top 3 if it all happened in 2015

I'm finding the shorts super boring and I've already dropped all 3 I was watching. I dunno, I didn't find them funny or cute. They ain't no...whatever that one funny short I watched was. The jRPG one where half of it takes place in jail

Senyuu?
Yeah, that one was fun.

Jarmel

Banned
Btw unlike IBO, Okada is supposedly writing all the episodes for Kiznaiver. She's been on record saying,
This show is 50% painful, 30% bittersweet, 20% exciting.

It's going to be edgy as fuuuuuuckk.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Time to rewatch a childhood movie for me.
Howl's moving castle, years ago since I watched it.

Hope it won't dissapoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom