• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

This show came up on twitter last night and Mature was surprised to learn I hadn't watched it yet so he took a page from duckroll's book. Twitter DMCA takedown fearmongering is real.

QtPy7TX.png

So withourt further ado:
Soredemo 1

Thankfully he's in tune with my tastes and some hardcore battle shounen sounds good.

This show came up on twitter last night and Mature was surprised to learn I hadn't watched it yet so he took a page from duckroll's book. Twitter DMCA takedown fearmongering is real.

So withourt further ado:
Soredemo 1

Thankfully he's in tune with my tastes and some hardcore battle shounen sounds good.

You have made an excellent decision.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I don't think I'll manage to stick with for that long. Especially since I watched episode 16 or 17 ( the one with the great animated fight) and I think I both remember more or less where things will go and at same time, I'm not particularly excited about that direction.

Your still missing the massive build up to that fight (which is the whole point of that fact and there's still another 5 episodes after it), and why would you do that anyway, I can't possibly imagine why you'd spoil such a fight late into an anime unless you had no intention of actually watching said anime. Quickest way to kill interest in any anime even if you would otherwise have enjoyed it.

Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu 5

Between these past two episodes and the episode he did for Black Butler Book of Circus, Mamoru Hatakeyama/Shinichi Omata has shown himself to be a master of refined erotic direction. He uses a good balance of close-up shots such as the one above, proportioning them out to build sexual tension between two characters. It reminds me of the sort of direction Yamauchi has used in an episode such as From the New World 5, only Hatakeyama executes it much better because he actually has a sense of logical flow. It's such a welcome change from the garish, in-your-face kind of sexual content that is most common in anime, from directors such as Imaishi. That kind of juvenile treatment of eroticism turns me off, but Hatakeyama's mature eroticism draws me in.

Damn are people ripping Erased to shreds lol. I mean I'm all for criticism but there's a point when it's a bit exaggerated.

Oh well I'm all set considering I've kept my expectations in check. So I won't be destroyed in the long run.

Diamond is Unbreakable will save you

Hopefully either Jojo or D.Gray-Man saves me from this emptiness. :)

Dagashi Kashi Episode 5

Why don't we have that sour grape candy? That candy sounds fucking amazing.

Also, pretty good episode.
Also, candy addiction is a real condition show. You should handle it with more grace. I used to be addicted to Mini Reeses.
3400047020.jpg

Nearly killed me after the third heart attack, but I cut back.

Now I'm only a bag every other six hours kind of guy.

jgminto

Rakugo 1-5
Absolutely brilliant. The visual direction, the voice performances, the soundtrack, it's all executed so well. Each time they have a character performing Rakugo, it feels unique and you get a genuine sense of their current technique and emotions, they are incredibly engaging.

Hoping this is a suitable question, as it relates to my purchasing of imported anime-goods. For those who use Amazon Japan, are you having issues viewing product descriptions in English? Just cleared up my browser history, cookies, and cache and now can no longer find a working option for English browsing. I simply get this following error.

Amazon.co.jpを装ったサイトやメールを利用してお客様の情報を不正に取得しようとする悪質な詐欺が発生しています。身に覚えのないEメールが届いた場合は、絶対に添付ファイルやリンクを開かないでください。 Amazon.co.jp からのEメールかどうかの識別について詳しくは、こちらをご覧ください。(2月1日 20時30分)

EDIT: I guess all I needed to do was sign-in and reset my account preferences.

Yona of the Dawn 11

I liked how this episode explored Ki-ja's feelings of inadequacy as well as the developing dynamic among Yona's group. This series has done a good job so far of fleshing out all the major characters.

Mature

QtPy7TX.png

So withourt further ado:
Soredemo 1

My words seemed to have changed, but if it gets SoreMachi involved so be it.

reminder that crunchyroll has the soredemo manga & p. much everyone should read it
Yes, this. The anime is as good as it is in part because the manga is so great and there's plenty more where the show left off.

Yona of the Dawn 11

I liked how this episode explored Ki-ja's feelings of inadequacy as well as the developing dynamic among Yona's group. This series has done a good job so far of fleshing out all the major characters.

I dont know, I think I came away from that anime feeling like some characters really deserved more time for development than the anime allowed.

Cornbread78

Steins Gate ep.2
Now that was a weird experiment result with the banana. What the hell is really going on? Sooo many word things with physics and time. Oh, the "mad scientist" is a friitcake lol.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes 006

Yang Wen-Li misses his own Fleet's coronation because he slept in late. Then he remembers a story about the time he almost choked to death on a sandwich.

Yang Wen-Li is the realest dude.

Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash Episode 4 Sky Dancing with Ash

How did the editor allow the writer to write something so terrible?! 15 minutes of crying is not what I wanted to do on this Friday night. When Haruhiro got all emotional, I couldnt handle it. It was just, I was too immersed.

Stay strong Ranta, Haruhiro and take delight in the future.

I love the use of the drawings and the vocal insert songs. It makes this one of the better experiences in sound and drama.

Majin Bone - 2

I really like how slow and steady things are going with the way things are being introduced in this show. Nothing about this feels rushed at all. The way they foreshadow Shougo's strength is making me wonder what kind of crazy things he's going to pull off in later episodes, and I love it when shows do that.

This Boy is a Professional Wizard Episode 1
tumblr_o23erzZBa01thug2po2_540.gif

Soubi Yamamoto does another great anime. Toyohi is an awesome random freeter, and Kashima is a great hardworking over achiever. Putting both together leads to wonderful interaction, and their quick close friendship, fretting over replys to each other, and that confession makes this one of the best BL anime in months. I love love at first sight animes and boys blushing at each other.
tumblr_o237lgF9JC1skr27to1_540.png
tumblr_o237lgF9JC1skr27to3_540.png

I love the little random things that happen (Light bulb popping up when Toyohi got an idea) for example.

Erased 05

You guys hyped these episode's badness up so hard and it wasn't even that bad unless you're putting too much faith in anime. The only part I can really say I was disappointed in was what happened right after the trash bag scene.

jbug617

Banned
Seeing people posting on Twitter that the anime companies (Funimation etc) hired a firm to send out dmca messages to anyone who posted screenshots of their anime on Twitter.

Broank

I feel like I kinda ruined Gate by reading ahead in the manga. Noticing all the little changes for no reason (and the lack of blood and gore) kinda jars me. lol

Also thank God Sekkou boys exsists and that I started watching it for some reason.

Seeing people posting on Twitter that the anime companies (Funimation etc) hired a firm to send out dmca messages to anyone who posted screenshots of their anime on Twitter.

I thought people have been having for months their anime screenshots tweets sometime get the DMCA notices. Its always been either a mistake and also very highly inconsistent (Ive never been flagged for it, meanwhile one person I follow has).

Chindogg

I feel like I kinda ruined Gate by reading ahead in the manga. Noticing all the little changes for no reason (and the lack of blood and gore) kinda jars me. lol

I'm ok with them shying a bit away from the blood and gore. It's better to focus on the interactions between characters than to make another version of Beserk.

Broank

I'm ok with them shying a bit away from the blood and gore. It's better to focus on the interactions between characters than to make another version of Beserk.

The no gore is understandable considering, I can take it or leave it but I feel like they cut out some of the better parts
The dragon getting scared during the fight, most of the back and forth with Giselle along with her "so this is the power of itami" or something along those lines while they are bombarding the dragon hatchlings. That along with some other little differences.

Edit: Also Rory attacking Giselle and getting picked up by Itami instead of dark elf girl (along with her 10000 lb axe!), cutting out how the sdf got there, the dragon flying in instead of sneaking up on them etc. etc.

Erased - 05

I enjoyed the episode but I do recognize it is a bit subpar compared to the previous 4 episodes to which begs the question is the director fucking up or is it the source material of the manga? Any manga readers care to answer?

Anime be anime-ing, while the majority of duds I can overlook the backstory of Airi was just stupid. I enjoy her character but the backstory was just weird and unnecessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom