• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Russ T

Banned
Though latter one is like reading 4chan's copypasta.

lol

It reads like a 4chan copypasta because Grimgar is catering to the 4chan type of audience, which loves and embraces all sorts of sexist bullshit. It's clearly an exaggerated take on what the author/director is thinking.

Mob Psycho 100 PV: Tachikawa x Kameda x BONES. Looks way better than One Punch Man; Madhouse can go cry in the corner.

Holy. Shit.

This is gonna be so fucking good.

jbug617

Banned
Key visual for Keijo
Cax_6evUUAAjiBa.jpg

I want the last girl they fight in the anime to be a girl that looks like she's straight out of Senran Kagura with the assets to match.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I thought Keijo was about hometowns?

The key visual is missing the point of the series quite hard.
Life and hometown.
Xebec is the only studio that can be trusted to draw large asses.
Truth.

Osomatsu-san 18
Woaah, this is probably osomatsu-san best episode yet. This episode is a parody of wacky races/the great race. Iyami dick slipping out of his pant is one odd random detail. This episode is pure chaos and hilarious. And then the bump in animation... holy shit, so many sakuga moment.

Schwarzesmarken 05

See these are the best episodes. Any episode they're fighting BETA and not mindfucking themselves over if the Statsi is spying on them is a good episode.

phaze

What's a good action comedy anime? Doesn't have to be from this season or recent. I've ready done

Hunter x Hunter
Naruto
One piece
Gintama

I want a decent amount of action but definitely a great amount of comedy

Yozakura Quartet would seem to fit the bill. It's comedy may not be the greatest but I'd say the same about your first 3 entries so ....
Soultaker 01

2Shinbo5mich

It was pretty funny to see such overt Mary&Jesus imagery right on the heels of Erased 05. Shame that the story that seemed somewhat interesting at the beginning slid into genericness with its
protagonist having hidden super hyper inner demon power.

pbayne

Soultaker 01

2Shinbo5mich

It was pretty funny to see such overt Mary&Jesus imagery right on the heels of Erased 05. Shame that the story that seemed somewhat interesting at the beginning slid into genericness with its
protagonist having hidden super hyper inner demon power.

That show is supposed to have some tentative link to AOTS Nurse Witch Komugi so I should eventually check it out to. Looks stylish from those screens.

What's a good action comedy anime? Doesn't have to be from this season or recent. I've ready done

Hunter x Hunter
Naruto
One piece
Gintama

I want a decent amount of action but definitely a great amount of comedy

One Punch Man?

Level E as a comedy is great, but not a lot of action there.

Exalted

Is that seriously the reason why youre going to watch it?
Of course not, i will be watching it for the thought provoking story and the deep character progression , seeing these athletes striving to be the best , and the hurdles they will face on the way of realizing their dreams.

Actually i don't know what Ass Gatling is even supposed to mean, but i like the way it sounds.

Puruzi

Banned
Of course not, i will be watching it for the thought provoking story and the deep character progression , seeing these athletes striving to be the best , and the hurdles they will face on the way of realizing their dreams.

Actually i don't know what Ass Gatling is even supposed to mean, but i like the way it sounds.

think punch barrages but with ass instead of fists

Cornbread78

Secret finishing move is a devastating twerk attack.

blurr

Maria the Virgin Witch 07-12 END

This was quite a juicy show, it gave me lots to ponder and understand while being funny and charming at times. I appreciate that about it. The messages and ideas it tried to tackle relate to human conflict. This pertains to a single context - medieval Europe, war between France and England, governed by the Catholic church and under the assumption that people war *just* because it is a means of living. This works if you only intend to invoke thoughts of the viewers but it doesn't really address the issue completely which is fine in this case. Trying to address the entire issue in a single context would indeed be overly ambitious.

To provide some context for what I'm about to say:
Maria's attempts to stop people from waging wars was interfered by heaven citing that it is against the natural order and that there are things that humans can't comprehend. They threaten to kill her or take away her powers.

At episode 3 I said: I don't know how this will end "well" and as it turns out, it didn't end well (in more than one way). However there were some interesting moments here and there.
The priest was an interesting character, his epiphany over Maria's comments on the existence of God drove him mad but his obsession towards guiding humanity was what I felt, noteworthy as a distinct character.
A chaotic desire but interesting nonetheless. Secondly,
Joseph's opinion about Maria was what I felt the peak of the show in its message: "everyone wants to have peace but no one makes the effort except for a few like Maria"(not exact words). I wish they concluded it with that message.

I was already warned that the ending will be let down but it still managed to leave a bad after taste considering all of which it offered me over the course of 11 episodes. I can only imagine how it could've been for people who watched it as it aired. A lot of meaningful questions and thoughts came to a close through something underwhelming. As it turns out,
Maria and people like her have been under natural law all along, heaven realizes and acknowledges it in the final episode, further they will continue to stop her if she attempts to prevent humans from waging war
It felt really jarring that it tried to handle religious beliefs realistically (as per real world beliefs) through out the show but towards the end it retracts to its own form of fiction, blatant Deus Ex Machina. Moreover,
nothing about Maria has changed at all, she is the same as she was before.
which is fine inherently but doesn't justify the end.

Considering the ending as it is: does it mean that
everyone who tries to go against the natural order is a part of it already?
if that's the case, it still doesn't excuse it from its misstep.

Overall, this has been worthwhile, I've made it clear why right in the first line. I can see myself recommending this to others.

Also,
Ezekiel chooses to be born to Maria and Joseph. Oh my. That reference.
which btw would've been cool if it weren't for the way it ended.

Oh btw, that said, the Grimgar discussion in here is 1000x better than 2ch, because in 2ch, there are some spear fans arguing why no one use spear and keep saying how spear is best weapon ever.

30-50% of every Grimgar thread replies(in 2ch, people need to open new thread when current thread hit 1001 replies, so 30-50%=300-500 replies) is about spear lol.

Reminds me of Skyrim threads where people would ask where spears are since they were OP in Morrowind.

Mob Psycho 100 PV: Tachikawa x Kameda x BONES. Looks way better than One Punch Man; Madhouse can go cry in the corner.

This looks excellent.

Those faces look fucking awful holy shit.

As expected of Slice "refuses to watch Ping Pong for dumb reasons" Sabre

pbayne

Rakugo 4-5

Great attention to detail in the characters expressions over these episodes. Its like the Rakugo performances are spilling over into their everyday conversations at times.

Bon and the geisha girl's conversations were especially good. You can tell everything thats happening between them just through their physical actions and the framing. Definitely the strongest direction of a show this season.

phaze

That show is supposed to have some tentative link to AOTS Nurse Witch Komugi so I should eventually check it out to. Looks stylish from those screens.

Ohhh I think I've seen the "nurse" already.

Sekkou Boys 02-05
Ehh, after the first decent episode, this more in the miss,miss,miss&hit territory for me. Not sure if I'll tune in for more.

Ajin 01

Despite few really bad moments, CG in this seems more bearable than the one in Knights of Sidonia. Episode itself was passable even if the premise seems generic. Will rule of 3 it.
Soultaker 2
014420i8kra.jpg
0144519sqcu.jpg
014424dljxm.jpg
014425p8ksv.jpg

Someone watched too much Angel's Egg.

RIP
Senjougahara.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom