• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterok

Majikoi: Oh! Samurai Girls 1

Picked this at random to watch. Well there's a million characters I can't get get a read on and I barely understand what's going on, but there's a lot of fighting, so I might as well see this through.

KonoSuba is great

1ojs93.jpg

You sound like a broken record!

Divine Gate Eng Dub Episode 1

Fantastic dub for a fantastic anime. Everyone is perfectly cast, especially Aoto and Akane. I cant wait for a few others to speak.

Heavy Object Episode 12 & 13 EngDub

The scene with Qwenthur helping Frolaytia getting out of her situation with the first in line was very funny dubbed. I was waiting for that.

Havias moments being all epic on the dam was greatly written too.

Best moment was Qwenthur and Havia and the fire ants, hilarious moment when Qwenthur reached to get in Havia's pants.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
I watched Kyosogiga 1. I did not understand a thing but I doubt I was supposed to, I'll try another one.

I also watched Silver Spoon 1-2 which was alright. Kinda resonates with me since I was in the army and also worked on a chicken farm and a zoo for a bit-- so there's a lot to relate to.

Well, I probably wouldn't either if I was really given truth serum about it.

I just really didn't like the show, and I tend to sometimes get rather extreme with my opinions on certain things. I think it's probably more fair to say that I had a more negative personal reaction to the show than I did almost anything else (aside from tri), not that it's actually the worst anime. (Similarly, I can recognize that Man of Steel probably isn't actually the worst movie of all time, but if someone was to ask me what movie I hated more than anything else it would probably be the first thing I said)

At least you watched TTGL all the way through, so you have every right to criticize it.

I still say Eureka Seven is the worst anime ever and I know people disagree with that.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Oshiete Galko-chan 6
lol, everyone is so pure. Sex scene in a movie is always awkward to watch.

Sekko Boys 6

Damn, MLM? That's definitely worse than scandal.

Rakugo 6
There were some interesting moments in this episode, visually speaking.

Cool framing.

It can't be seen here, but the protagonist was about to cry, and then they switch to the "tear" of the teapot.

An interesting "Shinji Ikari" moment of isolation.

The facial acting is well reflected by the artists.

This doesn't happen when his friend does rakugo: we have glimpses of the fictional story.

The protagonist turns into one with the stage.

Heavy Object Episode 17 & 18 The Coal Mine Littered with Stacks of Money - The Kamchatka Peninsula Nighttime Blitz I & II
tumblr_o233wlHlJR1qa94xto1_540.jpg

Qwenthur with the funny lines lol.

Finally we get an arc giving us more time with everyone else in the unit but then
all but three survive, I was only sad for Charles though, he was so homesick and frightened and had to be killed like that :( Nutsley is aweful

Also how much power must it take to lift up these multiton objects. The Object was flying like it was the lightest thing ever.

blurr

A normie just found a gif of toothbrush scene in Nisemonogatari.

I had a feeling it was that or something anime related before I even clicked the link because he went "dafaq" over it.

why

sonicmj1

Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju 6

I can't tell if the show has hit its stride at this point, or if I've just gotten used to its rhythm. Either way, I'm really enjoying it now. I love how the framing and montage here really draw us into the psychology of the characters. Turin Turambar stole one of the screencaps I wanted to use, but not both of them!

6Yh7bsQ.png

When Sukeroku first mentions how he loved making people happy with his rakugo, we see the soldiers he entertained in Manchuria. When that gets recalled again, we see the actors at the afterparty, with many of the same expressions. The point is made without being stated.

It's nice seeing Kikuhiko find himself. The episode does a good job demonstrating the inferiority complex he'd been carrying around most of his life, even before his injury. Finally, before this performance, he's able to draw himself out of the destructive thought patterns that kept comparing him to Sukeroku and focus on what he does best. You can even see in how he presents his story how he focuses on the scenes he can demonstrate well, and skips through the scenes that don't suit his strengths.

Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju 6

I can't tell if the show has hit its stride at this point, or if I've just gotten used to its rhythm. Either way, I'm really enjoying it now.

Except for the first episode having been edited down to half the length of the full version, I feel the series has been completely consistent in quality.

On a storyboarder note, it's interesting to see that episode 6 was storyboarded by Naomi Nakayama, an ex-Madhouse person who was assistant director on Casshern Sins.

blurr

Except for the first episode having been edited down to half the length of the full version, I feel the series has been completely consistent in quality.

On a storyboarder note, it's interesting to see that episode 6 was storyboarded by Naomi Nakayama, an ex-Madhouse person who was assistant director on Casshern Sins.

where do you find the names of the staff for each and every episode?

Yep, it's a series that can be liked more or less, but it's being very consistent in quality, tone and directing. There are no weird jumps with the quality going up or down.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Ooya-san wa Shishunki!

re2uLfg.gif

So I had it on good authority this was a good show to watch this season and thus I gave it a shot (it's a short so it didn't take long to catchup).

Yeah, I'd book this as one of the top shows this season.

Qurupeke

The Tatami Galaxy 7-8

Okay, the whole story in episodes 6-7-8 was great. An amazing love story, if I could even call it one. Especially the story with Kaori, I lost it at his fantasies. lol The intensity of episode 6 can't be topped though. And I love the way everything so far is connected by tiny details. Three episodes left only, life is truly unfair.

phaze

Somewhat related, theTatami Galaxy fortuneteller is real apparently.

Ajin 05
Well this really escalated quickly. The edge is strong with this one but I can't say I dislike it, in particular I like how the hat guy, who seemed like the usual old mentor trope, is as manipulative and cold blooded as normal humans and stops at nothing to try to bend the protagonist his will. The gunfight scene was really well done and the gimmick of chopping of your limb and then offing yourself, all just to negate the tranquilliser darts was both inventive and pretty shocking to see. Bit disappointed that the torture scenes were both short and pretty much bloodless, TG at least had the decency to throw some gore my way !

Joe Molotov

Ooya-san wa Shishunki!

re2uLfg.gif

So I had it on good authority this was a good show to watch this season and thus I gave it a shot (it's a short so it didn't take long to catchup).

Yeah, I'd book this as one of the top shows this season.

You've done good.

duckroll

Did you know episode 6 of Tatami Galaxy was directed and storyboard by Shingo Natsume who would go on to eventually direct Space Dandy and One Punch Man?

Line_HTX

I just realized that Kizumonogatari and Anime Matsuri are on the same weekend on the 27th here in Houston...

Fuck, I don't know what to do. I already bought Kizu tickets...

suicide.gif
suicide.gif

phaze

^I forgot I still have to check that out !

Rakugo 06
r1p7z9b.jpg
r2n7bnq.jpg
r13w9qje.jpg
r11b2qfr.jpg

Genuinely lol'd at "I can't swim."

I'm still a bit miffed that this flashback will in likelihood cover entire cour and in effect axing the two character,s I've already grown to care about in episode 1 but not withstanding this might just be my favourite episode yet.(And Rakugo performance) Very lovely culmination point of Kukihiko's story arc. Really liked the bit where he seemed to fell prey to his fears again and retreated a bit back into shadow, only to step firmly into the light just after that.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Watched up to episode 6 of Silver Spoon. It's nice and chill, though I don't see the point in making it a highschool since it seems so fancy.

But man, this really isn't a show to see if you're vegetarian or vegan! Makes me hungry at times. I like how one of the points is that they basically have no time off, ever.

I'm assuming the rest of the characters are gonna get stronger characterizations, I hope it's not just the baseball guy and the love interest. I'd also like it if they take the romance further and not just do a last-episode kiss scene or whatever, but as this is anime I highly doubt it.

Jex

The Soultaker 10-11

This was like; the greatest and most bizarre thing ever or at least since Shin Mazinger Z turned into Baron Ashura's Tale.

Glad to see another human being tacking part in the experience that is The Soultaker. It's quite something, huh?

pbayne

Paniponi Dash 15

If I had a million guesses I never would have said this scene would be parodied in an anime ever.

That Sharon Stone scene from Basic Instinct. Like how? Why? Who? Obviously its censored and not a full replication(that probably would have killed SHAFT) but I still can't believe it was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom