• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mailbox

How do you know the animes wont have a conclusion? What would you imagine the conclusion for this anime to even be?

because the vast majority of anime don't have endings or end with way too many loose ends.

The only studio that actually alts material to give an original ending is Bones.

Edit: its a valid concern. People were really worried about ERASED until we were told that it would have a proper end.

because the vast majority of anime don't have endings or end with way too many loose ends.

The only studio that actually alts material to give an original ending is Bones.

Uh, no, plenty of anime adaptations have anime-original endings. Despite the "Bones ending" meme, they don't have a monopoly on that.

People generally don't like being left hanging with no hope for a continuation. It doesn't bother me for a new manga or one that will be ongoing for a while but one that will end weeks after the anime does will -probably- take the winds out of the sails. That's why I'm hoping for an OVA at least.

Edit: its a valid concern. People were really worried about ERASED until we were told that it would have a proper end.

When has that stopped people from having anime that didnt fully adapt the original material be in categories of what they consider to be great anime though?

When has that stopped people from having anime that didnt fully adapt the original material be in categories of what they consider to be great anime though?

I only said I was worried it wouldn't cover the full conclusion so close to the end, not that it would be a total failure if it didn't...

Japanese Anime Fans Pick Their Ideal Marriage Partner

Kosaki Onodera (Nisekoi)
Ui Hirasawa (K-ON!)
Asuna (Sword Art Online)
Tsubasa Hanekawa (Monogatari Series)
Yukino Yukinoshita (My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU)
Hinata Hyūga (Naruto)
Yukina Himeragi (Strike the Blood)
Eru Chitanda (Hyōka)
Nagisa Furukawa (CLANNAD)
Haruka Minami (Minami-ke)

Kōshi Sugawara (Haikyu!!)
Gintoki Sakata (Gintama)
Makoto Tachibana (Free!)
Sōta Takanashi (Wagnaria!!)
Shirō Emiya (Fate/stay night)
Reiji Kotobuki (Utano☆Princesama Revolutions)
Tōshirō Hijikata (Gintama)
Seijūrō Akashi (Kuroko's Basketball)
Hozuki (Hozuki's Coolheadedness)
Miyuki Kazuya (Ace of Diamond)

smh at this taste for the girls except #4. And Sugawara is the high q on the list really

Jarmel

Banned
Thunderbolt-2
kpSVyEk.jpg
I wasn't overly impressed with the first one. I was with this one. The intro sections were really great at establishing the backgrounds for each lead character and the losses they both suffered with minimal dialogue and just music. The contrast in music choices also served to highlight the personality differences and later the sound mixing comes in to play to audibly demonstrate the power gaps.
cHhsnYM.jpg

Great way of showing how narcissistic he is.
The storyboarding on Daryl's side focusing on body parts such as legs or hands reinforced his loss on an emotional level. It's not just the loss of functionality for him but he's also losing that connection he had with his family members. There were some cool minor things like his legs and right arm only being in color in one of the flashback shots which accentuate his past loss and probably serve as foreshadowing for his future ones. There were some good transitions as well in either motion or objects.
I would love to see a 0079 remake with this level of quality.

KonoSuba 01

So uhhhhh I dunno what I was supposed to get from this because it was decindingly bland and average on every level. This is a comedy right? Those things that are supposed to be funny?

It's still low-brow humor and only 1-2 bits per episode made me laugh. But that in itself is decent already. As I said though, was about to drop it if the end of episode 5 wasn't as good. Will likely drop it soon anyways unless it manages that again.

The real question is though, if you consider this bland and everage on every level then why the fuck are you still watching Dagashi Kashi which is about as dull as it gets.

Japanese Anime Fans Pick Their Ideal Marriage Partner

smh at this taste for the girls except #4. And Sugawara is the high q on the list really

Reiji Kotobuki? Wow thats a surprising pick for UtaPri. I thought someone in Starish would be chosen. Id pick Ai Mikaze probably.

Miyuki for Ace of Diamond? Decent choice. But not choosing an actual "Ace" is odd, Kuramochi senpai or Itsuki Tadano would have been my choice.

The real question is though, if you consider this bland and everage on every level then why the fuck are you still watching Dagashi Kashi which is about as dull as it gets.

Isn't it amazing that I care more about bullshit candy facts and cracked out candy junkies then RPG settings now

Also, because I like the manga.

Yeah I watched episode 2 of KonoSuba and I don't think I'll feel bad dropping this one.

Quasar

How has the noitaminA block been doing for the past year or so? Kind of stopped paying attention to it around when Psycho-Pass 2 was airing.

Well...it got cut back. Though the claimed reason was more movies.

The block still has some shows I like. Just no josei shows anymore.

Cardfight!! Vanguard G GIRS Crisis Episode 11 (EngDub)
tumblr_nznt4otaa61rfp5pbo7_540.png
tumblr_nznt4otaa61rfp5pbo9_540.png

Best Cfvanguard episode in years. Kamui's Training Regime made a glorious return here except instead of it being Morikawa, its Trinity Dragon and Chrono. I liked the visualize it for Cray as finally everyone could see what Kamui and others had seen before, that Cray is real and they need to level up there skills in order to imagine it and use that power to better there own skills.

Beyond that the duel was awesome, Kamui use his Beast Deity deck meaning the return of Ethics Buster...Ultimate Beast Deity Ethics Buster Catastrophe was the MVP card for me. Awesome.

Hidamari Sketch x Honeycomb 12

The sunrise scene came off more limply than it should have thanks to the barrenness of the art. Even the sunrise in Perfect Insider was better, and that show certainly doesn't have good art.

Cornbread78

Hello Cornbread78
I know you're busy of watching anime but do try to go watch A Little Princess Sara. Heard good thing about this show and might want to jump in to watch it if anyone want to jump in with me.

Are you referring to this series from the 1980's?

http://myanimelist.net/anime/2547/Princess_Sara

Steins Gate ep.10-11
Oh $hit, I was right. They are going to
kill Mayuri!
that was a picture from the future of her
mangled body that SERN sent him, right?
. Seriously, that is some messed up shit. How is he going to counteract this using D mail? If not that, are they going to attempt the
memory transfer
process? This is sone messed up stuff....

JulianImp

There might be a little new material, as is not uncommon for recap films. But the true sequel is the second season airing this summer.

I didn't know a second season was coming, so I thought the movie would be picking up from where the show left off when I saw the poster minutes ago. More Euphonium sounds good in my book.

Lautaro

Rabbit's had a hard life. I can understand why she wants to burn the empire to the ground.

Yeah, also she's one of the few characters trying to play the real game
of thrones
instead of being anime cliches like the MC and his harem. GATE is pretty amusing but also feels like a wasted opportunity, I would like to see this world invaded by other powers and more chaos/clash of civilizations.

Man, this season is so lacking terms of terms of action animation.
I'm considering looking at AJIN to see if it has anything to offer in that regard.

But I will not watch Phantom World, because no.

Narag

I'm considering looking at AJIN to see if it has anything to offer in that regard.

What's funny is the action might be the most compelling part of Phantom World.

Until next ep.

Erigu

Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju
[...]
My one worry is that this won't cover the entire manga which ends this year
I'm pretty sure the idea always was to adapt the second arc (since the first arc had already been done as OADs and then compiled as the first episode). The third (and final, I believe?) arc will have to wait.

You know Ajin is really ugly CG, right? No animation highlights to be found there. Out of currently airing things, the best spots to get good action animation are Dimension W and, if volleyball action counts, Haikyuu.

Spring season has lots of possibilities for good action animation though. My Hero Academia, Concrete Revolutio, and Kabaneri should have some, and there might be some in Diamond is Unbreakable, Joker Game, Bungou Stray Dogs, and maybe Ushio and Tora as well.

You know Ajin is really ugly CG, right? No animation highlights to be found there. Out of currently airing things, the best spots to get good action animation are Dimension W and, if volleyball action counts, Haikyuu.

Spring season has lots of possibilities for good action animation though. My Hero Academia, Concrete Revolutio, and Kabaneri should have some, and there might be some in Diamond is Unbreakable, Joker Game, Bungou Stray Dogs, and maybe Ushio and Tora as well.

Considering the fact that Ushio and Tora S2 is supposed to include the show's big endgame IIRC, I'll be very disappointed if there isn't some good action animation to be found there.

Squishy3

There'll absolutely be some good cuts in Jojo's, and part 4 especially has some scenes that if sakuga's poured into them it'll look amazing. I imagine it'll be a lot easier for them to do some impressive animation with the new character designs as well.

One of the best cuts in Part 3 was the Anubis episode where the camera swings around from Jotaro's shoulder to behind Polnareff's and then he breaks through the 4th wall a bit and cuts through the reaction shot of the character's eyes. This is specifically in the 2nd episode of Anubis. I don't think anyone ever made a webm of it, for some reason.

This was a really good one too, albeit more for the fact it's a good continuous shot

It was like a cumulative 5 minutes with maybe 1 of that being a fight scene, which is what I figured Hellwarden meant. That's not long, and also the only one with any kind of presence over half the full season.

It's true. Dimension W is not really giving me the type of action scenes I crave.
What is there is nice, but there's just not enough.

BTW, all the fights in Crimson Moon still end in one or two hits.

Goddammit fuck Crimson Moon so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom