• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just T

Dimension W: 7

Finally got Kyouma’s backstory and I think it was worth the wait. The outcome wasn’t unexpected for the most part but I liked how they showed his relationship with Miyabi and why he joined Grendel. Can see why he hates coil too and you can’t really blame him for holding a grudge towards them after seeing that display. Guessing Mira might have come from that, though who knows.

Gintama: 311

Good episode, nice balance of good humor and action.

ibyea

Banned
Mononoke: 8,9
This story is more mystery oriented than the deep personal drama that the previous stories had. It's still really good and the twist in the second episode was pretty good. As always, the horror stuff remains impressive.

JCG

Do you care a lot about Muv-Luv and are open to watching everything related to it?

If yes, then maybe you'll enjoy it. Otherwise, probably not.

jonjonaug

Guys, I have a question. Schwarzesmarken, worth a watch or trash? Go!

Muv Luv spinoffs are usually trash but this one is surprisingly pretty good. The first two epsiodes aren't, but it picks up a lot starting with the third one onward.

The condensing of the plot has started to become a little obvious in the past couple of episodes though. I've not read the original work, but apparently some characters have become more simplified in the anime, and some arcs are being merged into one to move things along.

TUSR

Banned
Koyomimonogatari 7

oh HELL YES
lCRsGSG.gif

RBLAhIw.gif

lCRsGSG.gif

pbayne

Mushishi 8-12

(snip)

Very nicely written comparison between Kino and Mushishi. It is easy to miss a lot of the character moments that Ginko has as they are very subtle.

Id agree that doing a write-up for every individual episode is a bit difficult I guess since a lot of the episodes somewhat bleed into each other in terms of having similar themes or story beats.

Netflix is producing a new original anime, Perfect Bones, to be directed by Kazuto Nakazawa at Production IG.

Cross fingers and hope it does well.

Instro

If it were up to me, I would take the words "Netflix", "anime", "BONES", and "Nakazawa", and rearrange them in a way which would sound much better. *cough*

Pro-tip: Putting the words "directed by" next to "Kazuto Nakazawa" is the wrong use of his talents. :(

Netflix bones Nakazawa....anime.

Line_HTX

Myriad ASS Pandering World 08

I've seen many eps of this kind before, but never have I seen one reach this level that affects me so much.

God damn, I need to lie down.

Great faces on closeup. I think I finally found a new ava.

This was essentially Likitung the Episode.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I have actually watched Phantom beyond the first episode, but maybe I'll check out this latest episode just to see what all the hoo-ha is about.

Ascheroth

Hai to Gensou no Grimgar 7

Alright episode. The insert song was not used as badly as most of the insert songs so far. I'm glad to hear it's the last one.

On something of a tangent, I hate how Yume talks. Whenever she speaks more than two sentences in a row, the way she ends every one of them with "na" (and drifts into third person on occasion) makes her sound like she's eight years old or something. That's probably the point, but it gives me a headache.

Yeah, that annoys me to no end too. I remember one scene where she talked A LOT and always ~na, ~na,~na at the end. Ughh.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Pre-Shippuden Naruto.
Chobits
Cardcaptor Sakura
Chobits again

You've found a time warp that'll take you back to the 90s. Get in there, for sure.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I wanted to make a joke that that was the remains of the Anime Superstore, but when I went to get the YouTube link to the old promo I found the video is now private! OH NO!

blurr

Kiki's Delivery Service

So Tombo is basically Miyazaki in anime form.

Love this movie.

Dimension W 07

Kyouma's back story was a welcome change from what I had to watch in the previous episode, it's a simple little sob story that answers things to an extent but still.

Most importantly, we find out Dimension W
is every possibility that hasn't occurred.
Ridiculous but it makes you think at least.

Mira really resembles Miyabi in terms of her personality - straaange coincidence.

One notable thing I liked is that Kyouma isn't entirely stubborn to not use a coil driven vehicle.

The whole build up to easter Island was hit and miss for me. There's enough sense of eeriness to easter island on account of its history
and the revelation of an aberration
but in terms of the tone of the whole episode, I couldn't feel it as strongly.

Sweetness and Lightning Manga Gets TV Anime in July
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-lightning-manga-gets-tv-anime-in-july/.99072

Having lost his wife, math teacher Kouhei Inuzuka is doing his best to raise his young daughter Tsumugi as a single father. He's pretty bad at cooking and doesn't have a huge appetite to begin with, but chance brings his little family and one of his students, Kotori Iida, together for homemade adventures. With those three cooks in the kitchen, it's no wonder this dinner table drama is so delicious.
Sounds sweet.

Jex

[Phantom World] - 8

If we accept the premise that all stories in anime are terrible, shallow, garbage etc and the only thing worth discussing is, therefore, animation then by sheer force of logic this is the best show of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom