• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aki-at

This is the problem I've always had. One of his best bros gets murdered too and his only about line about him has been. "He probably got killed cause he sorta looks like a girl." I just don't get the importance of Kayo why does he think preventing her death will stop everything else?

Holy shit Satoru is a shitty fucking friend.

This has been bothering me since the second or third episode.

Though he probably is a shitty friend, his only friend in the present is a 16 year old girl after all :p

Majin Bone - 21

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Oh man those Iron Bone transformation sequences were so good. And the fight that followed was just as spectacular. Though as hyped up as I am because of these powerups, I can't shake the feeling that this: "the more you endure the stronger you get" system also applies to the villains as well. That'll definitely make things even more interesting.

Also oh man that ending.

There's gonna be a conversation between two Bones?

I don't know how Erased is handling its cliffhangers, but this show has examples of cliffhangers done right. Everything's transitioning into the next episode so seemlessly and everything has proper build-up so it feels natural.

Man this show is so good.

Fantastic Children 10

Sucks to be Cooks. Saw that coming.

I wonder what Gherta recognized in Dumas/Damian. It isn't immediately clear why his appearance would freak her out so much, unless he appeared in historical photographs with Rugen.

Defuser

Gate ep 20

*Middle age guy gets taken away*

Sugawara : "kthxbye lol"

*Sherry gets taken away*

Sugawara : "AWW HELL NAW, NOT MAH WAIFU LOLI"

Majin Bone - 21

I don't know how Erased is handling its cliffhangers, but this show has examples of cliffhangers done right. Everything's transitioning into the next episode so seemlessly and everything has proper build-up so it feels natural.

Man this show is so good.

Majin Bone is strongly serialized, and does a good job of constantly developing the narrative and characters in each episode as well as connecting every event to the next in a smooth, logical fashion. I have to commend Uda and Murayama for their supervisory work.

TUSR

Banned
PogChamp.png

Majin Bone is strongly serialized, and does a good job of constantly developing the narrative and characters in each episode as well as connecting every event to the next in a smooth, logical fashion. I have to commend Uda and Murayama for their supervisory work.

Definitely. I love it when shows do that. I just finished episode 22 right now, and I'm almost stunned at the fact that I'm not even halfway through yet.

I can't wait to see how far things escalate in the show by the time I reach the last stretch.

You must be run into premature ejection often I see?

what does this even mean.

blurr

I saw one supposedly funny sequence from KonoSuba on twitter, didn't feel it.

Edit: New avatar - Izaya

I've really come to understand and appreciate Izaya's ideology on humans. Observing and studying humans is actually very interesting.

zulux21

GATE 20

If Sherry wasn't such a great character I would be creeped out on the relationship but it just works for some reason.

I really don't get the complaints/creepiness factor at all.

12 year old girl gets a nice gift from a guy ends up "falling" for him and fantasizes about marrying him (something 12 year olds are prone to doing) claiming as much out loud. older guy doesn't respond to these feelings at all.

older guy sees people about to take the girl away to likely be raped and then killed. In the moment claims the girl's fantasies are true in order to try to save her.

at no point was there shown a real intent from his words, he merely said what he did to try to save her. The other people there just going with it to save her as well.

I really feel like people are trying to force in intentions that are not present at all. If they were actually there, then sure it would be creepy, but they aren't... not even a little. At best you could say he has shown that he might care about her like a little sister or daughter but not remotely in a romantic way.

In a completely different completely random thought.... why are they called rice balls when they are commonly made into triangles and not balls?

GATE 20

If Sherry wasn't such a great character I would be creeped out on the relationship but it just works for some reason.

I'm not sure how I feel about it myself. On one hand, the entire relationship aspect is creepy and I wish it was changed to something more innocent. On the other hand, Sugawara has shown time and time again to be a "by the books" character who on multiple occasions made references of attempting to distance himself from her. I mean until
she started screaming because the cleaners were dragging her away while making creepy remarks, he was perfectly willing to leave her alone.

That said, what was he suppose to do? Going off of what we know the empire does to its prisoners, if he left her alone, she would have been taken away, possibly raped and tortured, and then killed for treason. Compare that to him telling a little white lie of "Hands off my future wife" because that's the story she has been telling everyone around her while at the palace, and gave the guard reason to step in and help her run to the embassy

I think I may be too invested in this series

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon 2: Sword of Destiny

With a middling script, lackluster combat, a single interesting character, and some really shoddy fx, this has all the hallmarks of a bioware rpg.
I'm glad at least one of us got to make a Jade Empire joke today.

Ascheroth

Definitely. I love it when shows do that. I just finished episode 22 right now, and I'm almost stunned at the fact that I'm not even halfway through yet.

I can't wait to see how far things escalate in the show by the time I reach the last stretch.

I was planning to watch a couple episodes a day, but then I ended up binging 30 in half a week. No regrets.

Erased 01

After not having kept up with current anime I thought I'd try my hand at something that everyone keeps telling me to watch and god damn were they right. Everything about this from the unique narrative to the movie quality animation is superb. 10/10

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

In a completely different completely random thought.... why are they called rice balls when they are commonly made into triangles and not balls?

Probably because is far more common for it to be in oval/balls shape when someone translate the words?
If someone were to translate it now, it's probably going to be shaped rice or something.

duckroll

Gods of Egypt

This mismash of Saint Seiya, Zone of the Enders, God of War, and Clash of the Titans is a huge turd. Unfortunately it isn't even the sort of massive turd that breaks the floor and descents into legendary irony. It's just a very mediocre production with some really weird/funny ideas, executed with poor direction and performances. Two hour long lamer of a film with pretty awesome mecha armor suit design.

Would not recommend.

Gods of Egypt

This mismash of Saint Seiya, Zone of the Enders, God of War, and Clash of the Titans is a huge turd. Unfortunately it isn't even the sort of massive turd that breaks the floor and descents into legendary irony. It's just a very mediocre production with some really weird/funny ideas, executed with poor direction and performances. Two hour long lamer of a film with pretty awesome mecha armor suit design.

Would not recommend.

Proyas has just gotten worse and worse. What a shame. Maybe he should have aped Oshii some more.

Narag

Gods of Egypt

Would not recommend.

Will wait for rental.

duckroll

Proyas has just gotten worse and worse. What a shame. Maybe he should have aped Oshii some more.

It's funny because (SPOILER WARNING) the funniest scene in the entire film was when Proyas paid homage to his greatest achievement ever, by having a long zoom out pan in space of the Earth revealing it as a huge flat disc shaped landmass. Lol.

:(

Chindogg

12 year old girl gets a nice gift from a guy ends up "falling" for him and fantasizes about marrying him (something 12 year olds are prone to doing) claiming as much out loud. older guy doesn't respond to these feelings at all.

older guy sees people about to take the girl away to likely be raped and then killed. In the moment claims the girl's fantasies are true in order to try to save her.

at no point was there shown a real intent from his words, he merely said what he did to try to save her. The other people there just going with it to save her as well.

I really feel like people are trying to force in intentions that are not present at all. If they were actually there, then sure it would be creepy, but they aren't... not even a little. At best you could say he has shown that he might care about her like a little sister or daughter but not remotely in a romantic way.

I'm not sure how I feel about it myself. On one hand, the entire relationship aspect is creepy and I wish it was changed to something more innocent. On the other hand, Sugawara has shown time and time again to be a "by the books" character who on multiple occasions made references of attempting to distance himself from her. I mean until
she started screaming because the cleaners were dragging her away while making creepy remarks, he was perfectly willing to leave her alone.

That said, what was he suppose to do? Going off of what we know the empire does to its prisoners, if he left her alone, she would have been taken away, possibly raped and tortured, and then killed for treason. Compare that to him telling a little white lie of "Hands off my future wife" because that's the story she has been telling everyone around her while at the palace, and gave the guard reason to step in and help her run to the embassy

I think I may be too invested in this series

I took it as completely innocent as well and I think that woman with him was proud of those actions.

I pretty much agree on all fronts. I didn't see it as creepy at all but as a guy trying to save a little girl from
being raped and tortured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom