• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Im gonna have to watch E7 one day just to get a definite stance.

You should do just that, there are some glaring flaws in the story flow and construction, but provided a very satisfying conclusion.

Welcome to the best Gundam story by far.

It's my first Gundam ever, so I'm going in very blind here..

Don't watch AO just watch the first series.

And don't watchthe first 6 episodes of AO before you watch E7, like I screwed up doing.

G Gundam ep.1
gAXCgVQ.gif

So, the time has come. I finally started this one off o break this afternoon and will continue watching it for awhile. Right of the back you can tell this is pretty old from the narration, to the OP and ED, then the VAs almost echo when they give their lines; it's all very early 90's style anime/cartoons. Looking back, it's amazing how far they have come when watching Kare Kano and now this. All I gotta say is at least the dude got his pizza by the end of the episode, because he deserved it saving that kid multiple times and not completely destroying their city. The MC is going to be a little crazy, isn't he?

Good. At last.

Finally you'll see what I was talking about. :)

I still don't know anything about Gundam X. It is a mystery to me.

This was how I went into Gundam X and I heavily regretted it.

Make sure to watch the movie first!

Jarmel stop, we need to get more people to like Eureka Seven in here!

Aki-at

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 - 1

You know you've watched too many kaiju films when every earthquake makes you think "Godzillaaaaaaa!" (No seriously, why isn't there at least a Godzilla anime yet?!?)

Mirai seems like your typical angry teenager whilst Yuuki is the dotting younger brother. Interesting to see where the series goes from episode 1 onwards since I'm not sure how a series can last, I've got very minimal information on it so I'm going in pretty fresh to this experience.

Cornbread78

Bahamut ep.8
WTF happened there at the end? Poor Phi is
turning into a demon?
Was nor expecting that at all. Hopefully, Lux can come save the day next week.

JulianImp

Apart from Erased, Grimgar and Konosuba what series is worth watching that started airing this season?

MetroidPrimeRib's right on the money. Rakugo's actually my AOTS due to how good and novel it's been so far, unlike KonoSuba which is a fun but still trashy show (more like a guilty pleasure, I guess) and Erased has some good things, but mysteries with time travel tread a fine line that might lead to the show crashing and burning if time travel is used in particularily unfair and/or random ways.

Durarara's been decent as well, but it's been several seasons already so you might need to do quite some catching up to get up to speed, and Gundam IBO has been decent so far.

Galko's definitely the best short show this season too. It manages to be comically lewd and is short enough to avoid overstaying its welcome.

Koyomimonogatari's good if you're into the series, and Phantom World as well if you want a trashy show with fanservice and good animation.

duckroll

Playing the games?

I asked how I can survive, not what the quickest way to kill myself was. :p

is it going to be 13 or so minutes like OrecaBattle/DragonCollection or a full 23 minutes?

It should be a full length 4-cours series. FujiTV is betting big on it along with Capcom, and it will be on a brand new day time anime slot they'll be creating for it - I believe the first since One Piece.

pbayne

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 - 1

You know you've watched too many kaiju films when every earthquake makes you think "Godzillaaaaaaa!" (No seriously, why isn't there at least a Godzilla anime yet?!?)

Mirai seems like your typical angry teenager whilst Yuuki is the dotting younger brother. Interesting to see where the series goes from episode 1 onwards since I'm not sure how a series can last, I've got very minimal information on it so I'm going in pretty fresh to this experience.

There were a few american made Godzilla cartoons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbfmC7_CdK4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom