• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.
more proof that mechs ruin everything.

KJpFw.jpg

Did you see the trailer? It looks like it's going to implement Kirby's traditional copy-abilities feature with the robot pretty well!

duckroll

Debating whether I should drop Erased. It's going to be like a year to possibly two before I see a conclusion to this.

I don't think you need to be worried. There will be a conclusion. The anime in on track to adapt all the best parts of the manga, and by the time it concludes you will:

- know for certain who the killer is
- the motivations and backstory of the killer
- the price Satoru pays for changing the future so drastically

It is conclusive and exciting. Think of it like the Usagi Drop ending. Except instead of stopping for good, they will likely finish this story off in a film where you will finally get to discover:

- can an adult and a teenage girl find true love

/anime

I don't think you need to be worried. There will be a conclusion. The anime in on track to adapt all the best parts of the manga, and by the time it concludes you will:

It is conclusive and exciting. Think of it like the Usagi Drop ending. Except instead of stopping for good, they will likely finish this story off in a film where you will finally get to discover:

/anime

Oh joy. But shouldn't we say "/manga" here?

ibyea

Banned

/anime

I don't like this scenario you put at the end. D:

Looks AND sounds great.

"Sorry. but the truth is in another basement."

Perfection.

/anime

Last point is no bueno. But I bet it'll happen. Bet he'll "wait" for her.

Erased Episode 9

Fantastic ending to the Kayo arc, to be honest I thought
their goodbye would be more emotional but I guess the apparent feelings of love were largely misunderstood from Satoru's side,
Kayo probably only considered him a close friend who saved her.

And now the logic of the show as to why he was so obsessed with Kayo and ignoring the other two makes sense. The logic of the show was the killer wouldn't consider the other two until after Kayo was dead, so
now that she's safe
, he's going to attempt to save the other two.

If this does end with a movie announcement we're fucked in the West. We'll be waiting like 1.5 year from ending to blu-ray release lol

Tuck

Erased - 9
Lol @ Erased's attempts to make the evil mom a tragic figure. Might not have fallen flat had she not been so stupidly evil up till now.

Guess that answers that regarding why Satoru hadn't been focusing on the other two victims. Rest of the episode was fine. Aside from that last scene at the end, that was dumb.

Hunter X Hunter (1999) 20

On one level, this anime-original "bonus stage" is a little out of place with the rest of the Hunter Exam - primarily in that everyone is cooperating with each other here instead of working against each other. On another level, I really liked the atmosphere of the abandoned ship and the storm, and there was a great deal of tension which really pulled me in. The animation in 19 and 20 is probably the best it's been all series as well.

It's interesting that with this episode the show has decided to foreshadow
Hisoka's sidekick's true appearance
before the official reveal.

duckroll

Next week's Erased is going to be hilarious. It's going to be packed with great moments. I can't wait to see how they end the episode.

Next week's Erased is going to be hilarious. It's going to be packed with great moments. I can't wait to see how they end the episode.

In this community when people say "hilarious" in a drama I expect so bad it's good. So hoping I'm reading too much into this.

So im probably just going to read the erased manga finale instead of waiting for it because i'll lose interest.

oh no

I might consider it too, then watch the movie just because the directing for the most part has apparently improved on the source material.

duckroll

Do you remember the opening scene in Terror in Resonance where they steal the nuke with all the motorcycle action? That was Shikama.

And guess what?

That's not happening in Erased next week. Lolololol. :p

Do you remember the opening scene in Terror in Resonance where they steal the nuke with all the motorcycle action? That was Shikama.

And guess what?

Gee, thanks for the spoilers.

From this I can indirectly infer what's actually happening, you jerk.

duckroll

Gee, thanks for the spoilers.

From this I can indirectly infer what's actually happening, you jerk.

Sorry. But since I already spoiled it, here's more.

Remember scene at the end of ep1 of Rage of Bahamut Genesis where the demon girl goes musou on the big demon? That was Shikama.

Guess what?

That's also not happening in Erased next week! Loooooooool.

Erased 09

Great way to finish the arc. Now we have 2 more kids to save, and the whole situation in the present. I'm guessing we'll be getting one episode for each of these to get resolved, since we only have 3 more to go.

As for the candy scene, yeah. Totally obvious.

Clov

If this does end with a movie announcement we're fucked in the West. We'll be waiting like 1.5 year from ending to blu-ray release lol

If there is a movie, since the series is handled by Aniplex of America you might get to see it in theaters!

Unless you are Canadian, and the movie is Kizumonogatari. :(

And guess what?

You really had me excited for a second. :(

TrueBlue

So FunimationNow in the UK is going to have neither Dragon Ball nor One Piece, according to their Facebook page.

That's really disappointing. I was certainly hoping to catch up with the dub of One Piece, which is one of my favourite dubs.

Plus, I ain't watched OP for nearly a year and a half. Gotta get back on it asap.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Durarara latest
Man, the animation took another hit. It's choppy and that scene at shinra house are simply lol. I still like the way the plot going.

Cornbread78

G Gundam ep.4-6
So the first two battles were with France and Russia and both were short battles that ended in ties essentially. However, episode 6 finally gave some background information on how he became a Gundam pilot and what his motivation is. From those scenes during the test, Rain is like a childhood friend of his?

duckroll

I dunno what your problem is here, but it looks fine. It is clearly sharper than the blown up DVD source, which is about as good as you can expect from most of these upscales. Trying to make a big deal out of it when it doesn't look terrible or have real serious issues just shows that you're more interested in making low effort drive-bys than actually substantially contributing to the community. It is disappointing how your post quality has completely gone downhill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom