• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Durarara 2x Ketsu 1
Bunch of character preparing for something to happen. There's dollar group, Izaya group, Celty group, and Shizuo in police custody. Shinra dad is hilarious. So Shinra and Celty already did H... alrighty then.

Clov

Nurse Witch KOMUGI R is actually just the best show of the season, in case anyone was wondering. I'm being more serious than I would like. At one point they shoot a laser that turns things into more embarrassing things - it misses the target, hits a poster, and transforms it into a Yatterman Night poster. Fantastic.

That's actually pretty funny! Maybe if this one has Nabeshin in it like the original did, I'll give it a watch at some point.

Jaxec

I find myself going back to Sekkou Boys and replaying Sugita saying Dragon Slayer. It brings me great joy and I don't know why.

Neon Gensis Evangelion 12-21

I actually like Shinji a lot. After watching more of these episodes I really can't see how anyone can call him weak, cowardly, or annoying. The only time throughout these episodes that he decides against piloting an EVA is because his douchebag of a father nearly had his friend killed. So yeah, Shinji's cool and Gendo continues being a dick. Also Asuka is kinda annoying, but only when she's a a jerk.

I might know a guy who knows a guy who a link to a quickly done fansub if someone was too impatient to wait for.. Official fansubs. ._.

Clov

Just finished going through Wakako Zake. What a pleasant anime! Like having a nice snack. I was in the perfect mood for something like this too; something short but relaxing. I hope there's another season!

Thoraxes

I claim this post in the name of Mei-tan!

2016-01-1001.23.31pqs4b.jpg

Clov

I think I've seen a Pony Canyon USA release only once at a con, so maybe you can help refresh my memory; exactly how big are those cases? Around the size of one of NISA's old LE boxes, or a little smaller than that?

Thoraxes

I think I've seen a Pony Canyon USA release only once at a con, so maybe you can help refresh my memory; exactly how big are those cases? Around the size of one of NISA's old LE boxes, or a little smaller than that?

Just a smidge shorter, and a smidge thinner than NISA sets. The NISA sets are overall just a little bigger in every way.

For the width of it (the front and back covers from left to right), it's about exactly the same size.

2016-01-1001.35.53zusm7.jpg

Clov

Just a smidge shorter, and a smidge thinner than NISA sets. The NISA sets are overall just a little bigger in every way.

For the width of it (the front and back covers from left to right), it's about exactly the same size.

2016-01-1001.35.53zusm7.jpg

Thanks! I have a much better idea of how big these releases are now. Should be ready for whenever Pony Canyon decides to release the Euphonium BDs here.

Which reminds me, I still need to find a way that I can buy those at a reasonable price. The only place that I can think of that stocks Pony Canyon's BDs is RightStuf, which I'm not willing to buy from given how awful the CAD to USD exchange rate is right now. On second thought, I'm fine if Pony Canyon takes their time with Euphonium.

Thoraxes

Thanks! I have a much better idea of how big these releases are now. Should be ready for whenever Pony Canyon decides to release the Euphonium BDs here.

Which reminds me, I still need to find a way that I can buy those at a reasonable price. The only place that I can think of that stocks Pony Canyon's BDs is RightStuf, which I'm not willing to buy from given how awful the CAD to USD exchange rate is right now. On second thought, I'm fine if Pony Canyon takes their time with Euphonium.

Ah, I forgot you have to deal with the exchange rates. I just hope a Eupho release is happening this year though, heh. I'm dying to get my hands on the blurays.

Clov

Ah, I forgot you have to deal with the exchange rates. I just hope a Eupho release is happening this year though, heh. I'm dying to get my hands on the blurays.

They'd be crazy to sit on it for too long. It's probably the most popular title Pony Canyon USA has right now!

Cornbread78

Oh wow, lol.

holy shit i just watched Erased's first episode, it was completely amazing keanuwoah.gif

Yes it was. Hopefully, it stays good.

Also, obligitory:
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1167141

I claim this post in the name of Mei-tan!

Very nice, the show doesn't get enough love.

Still no Konosuba news. Would be a shame if nobody picks it up in NA. Aussi's will get all the love with Animelab.

http://konosuba.com

So I rarely pay attention to who the writers in regards to anime. I take note of the really big names, but I can't hold onto names well. Been a problem my whole life. So little names in the industry that people rarely talk about don't stick with me.
But if an anime really grabs me I'll look up whose in charge. Case in point, I looked up who wrote Concrete Revolutio. I noticed one name, but I couldn't tell from where. Sho Aikawa.

Then I realized, Sho worked on such beloved classics and contemporary masterpieces such as Eureka Seven: AO (head writer), Chaos Dragon (co-writer), and Garo The Crimson Moon (co-writer).

This guy has been a source of so much of my suffering. But maybe he's apologizing with Concrete Revolutio.

Or maybe he's planning to twist the knife even more.

What is this Rakugo show and why is ep1 45 mins long? Someone sell me on it.

It's 45 minutes because from the start it's a work done for people who doesn't have a short attention span. I mean, it's a show about rakugo in the shouwa era. Someone who wants action and fast paced stuff will drop the show anyways.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
It's 45 minutes because from the start it's a work done for people who doesn't have a short attention span. I mean, it's a show about rakugo in the shouwa era. Someone who wants action and fast paced stuff will drop the show anyways.

Luck & Logic is just down the hall on the left stuffed in the locker.

phaze

Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu 01
After all Aqua's duds (<3) it's shocking to see such a sustained shilling campaign actually deliver. :p Well for now at least.

It did drag for me in a moment or two and one spot was tad over melodramatic for my tastes but other than that, it was pretty great. Nice cast of characters, good dialogue and unique subject matter. And it looked pretty good too. I hope that doesn't change once it goes past the OAD stuff.

duckroll's ys topic inspired me to buy a second copy... because I only had digital and need to free space.

Ontopic: That Marshmellow show was weird. Thankfully it's 3 minutes so giving a damn will be easy.

Quasar

That said its kind of impressive to get a big timeslot for a show like that. I remember how that other show last year got its final episode delayed because it ran long.

Seems doomed to crater like Aku no Hana.

Jarmel

Banned
I suppose I should talk a bit about why I love the new Haikyuu OP so much. The first thing is how the OP opens with these booming vocals and this fantastic shot of all three running for the ball.
It immediately captures the audience's attention unlike many OPs that warm up to many such sequences. It also perfectly nails that moment of the ball being in the air and going for it with all that you have. I play tennis and that moment when you see the ball in the air ready for an overhead smash, it feels like time slows down and you're waiting for just the right moment to hit it with everything you have. It also encapsulates a theme with Hinata, which is speed. The opening is in slow motion but at the end, it's all super fast. I wouldn't be surprised if parts of this OP was animated in 1s.
This sequence was cool in that the background visualizes Hinata being blocked and his earlier limitations as a player with his eyes closed. As Hinata becomes like his idol, the Little Giant, he can visualize the blocks more hence them becoming clearer and in color. His growth as a player has made these faceless walls into something he can see and beat.
cff0a6e.jpg

d0ae9e2.jpg

Great use of super low camera angles to exaggerate Hinata's jump capabilities.
The OP is centered around Hinata and so the opening bit is from his perception while near the ending is from everybody else's perspective. It not only reinforces his decoy status but also the improvements of his teammates. It's the training finally paying off. If the matches come close to looking this good on a character animation standpoint then oh boy!
This bit is probably the best realization I've seen in the franchise in how quick Hinata is moving at times. I had to literally step through the frames in the sequence as he was moving so fast.
These shots where it's just him, the ball, and the net are such a great visual insight into Hinata's mind. He's always being singular in his focus when playing and everything in the background being whited out is how he views the world in those moments. Oh and the music choice is topnotch.

Qurupeke

Koyomimonogatari 1
fb0VSxW.png

Those cat ears. lol

That was pretty nice. The best thing about Koyomimonogatari is that we'll finally see characters that haven't appeared in a long time, like Oshino Meme. Anyway, the story was a classic example of Araragi's
bad memory
. Looking forward to more of this.

The ED was pretty cute, I liked it. The openings I guess will be the same as before, but still there are a ton of Monogatari OPs, so it's bound to change all the time. This episode is April, so probably the next one is a May story, meaning it will likely be during Bake. Hopefully the next story will have Senjougahara with Staple Stable then.

JMTHEFOX

Komugi R Episode 1

Great first episode. The MC has a nice personality and there's some cool Tatsunoko references like that Yatterman Night cutout.

Also, Koharu's voice actor sounds so different.

Dragon Ball Super Episode 26

Okay episode, even though the face expressions during the fight scenes are a little too much for me. The new ED sounds a lot catchy too.

Natsu no Arashi 1-26

I really enjoyed this for some reason. It basically ended on a cliffhanger but I wasn't even salty about it. It was lighthearted enough to never take itself too seriously.

Dem scovilles also.

Thoraxes

They'd be crazy to sit on it for too long. It's probably the most popular title Pony Canyon USA has right now!
Man, I even bought two genga collections (hopefully I can somehow get the other ones) and a Tuba-kun mug in the meantime. I just want it so bad.
Very nice, the show doesn't get enough love.
I think cajun was the only other person I knew that was also buying the show. The sales in Japan were quite poor too, so i'm happy that it got a release over here. I really enjoyed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom