• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans Episode 14:

Holy fuck, whomever made the choice to change all of the music into this sludge needs to be fired and blackballed right away. Outside of that a really strong episode as shit is getting fucking real.

Defuser

Gundam Iron Blooded Orphans ep 14

fm41679e8oem.jpg
I was wondering when a necessary mask character will appear and next week answers it lol.
Shit is getting real and ramping up. Are they gonna the trend of every crew member's family relationship is a bad guy?
Kudelia blushing the whole time,so innocent. New OP and ED is a downgrade imo.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Utawarerumono-long ass Japanese name episode 1
Don't know what this is, for some reason I have this nagging feeling that this is based on a game of some kind, either way I liked the atmosphere of the first episode, kuon is cute

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I feel like I'm missing out by not having watched any Monogatari past the initial Bakemonogatari TV run or sports anime.

Jintor

is there more food anime that isn't about iron chef competitions out there? more relaxing wakokozake style stuff? or just like... information about food anime?

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
is there more food anime that isn't about iron chef competitions out there? more relaxing wakokozake style stuff? or just like... information about food anime?

Koufuku Grafitti

There's Cooking Papa and Oishinbo, but i don't know if there's sub for both of those show.

It's been a busy weekend for me so far. Today for sure I am gonna catch up to you guys. I feel like I need to check Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu since it's getting as much praise as Erased. Dimension W and Grimgar should be dropping today too right? I still have to watch the new Haikyuu and Gundam IBO episodes as well. Man what a pile that I've got in my hands lol. Luckily I don't leave work so late today.

What is this Rakugo show and why is ep1 45 mins long? Someone sell me on it.

The first episode is double-length because it's a recut of 2 OADs that were released last year. The OADs were each about the length of the first TV episode, so a lot was left on the cutting room floor.

Is this a Shaft anime?!

The director is ex-Shaft. But his direction is quite subtle and restrained here; there's practically none of the eye-catching gimmicks he used in Sankarea and Rozen Maiden. That is a little disappointing to me, actually, but I can see why the material he's dealing with here would motivate him to go with this approach.

duckroll

The first episode is double-length because it's a recut of 2 OADs that were released last year. The OADs were each about the length of the first TV episode, so a lot was left on the cutting room floor.

Oh that's interesting. Is the entire show double length or just the first episode?

The director is ex-Shaft. But his direction is quite subtle and restrained here; there's practically none of the eye-catching gimmicks he used in Sankarea and Rozen Maiden. That is a little disappointing to me, actually, but I can see why the material he's dealing with here would motivate him to go with this approach.

Lol. That was actually just a throwaway dig at the fact that a 10 minute uncut rakugo sequence would basically be an unanimated still. But hey, what a coincidence! :p

Oh that's interesting. Is the entire show double length or just the first episode?

Just the first episode. The remaining 12 episodes should be regular half-hour length.

Lol. That was actually just a throwaway dig at the fact that a 10 minute uncut rakugo sequence would basically be an unanimated still. But hey, what a coincidence! :p

Well, it's not an unanimated still here.

Ascheroth

You couldn't be further from the truth :p
I hope we get some other full length Rakugo sequences during the show, because Yotaros performance there was probably one of my favorite parts of the episode. Some great character animation there.
It feels kind of unreal that it was basically half a normal episode and yet it went by in flash.

TUSR

Banned
Koyomimonogatari 1

Meme is in this, i've been waiting so long for his return. This will tide me over until Kizu.

I still have no idea why Araragi's memory is so shit.

I wonder if they will reintegrate part of the cut footage into the next episodes, somehow.

Episode 2 is moving on to a flashback, so that seems unlikely.

Also worth noting is that, judging by the work list of Wanpack (a subcontracting studio), all of Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu was animated during the first half of 2015. Episode 13 was done in June 2015.

Haikyuu has been on point with all the OPs

Id have to disagree. None of the songs used have really been that good and the visuals havent really been that memorable. PIG seems to have consistently given then better ops to kurobas instead.

The better spyair song was left to being cd only as well. It would have been a better choice. The new song is forgettable for this season same as the first op of this season.

dan2026

Just recently rewatched the 3rd Berserk movie. I know the reaction to the movies has been mixed at best.
And actually quite enjoyed it. Its defiantly the best of the 3.
The animation was very good, the CGI wasn't overbearing and also it is super gory as it should be.
I felt it told the ending of the Golden Age arc as well as they could in a movie length.
Certainly better than the tv series.

Skipping Wyald for the 2nd time is unforgivable though....

Cautiously optimistic for whatever the new Berserk animation is.

Koyomimonogatari 01

It's Monogatari but shorter which is okay. Arragi continues being a dummy and Hanekaway continues being awesome. Seeing Oshino again was great though.

pbayne

Skipping Wyald for the 2nd time is unforgivable though....

Cautiously optimistic for whatever the new Berserk animation is.

Its decent foreshadowing but I can understand why Wyald got cut. Its not really necessary.

Haykuu 14

ED>OP

Liking the extended emphasis on Tsukki. Obviously with such a large team you can't really develop too many of them that much but I like that they've branched out from just Hinata and kageyama.

I take its gonna be back to back games from here to the end. Its gonna be torture waiting for this every week.

Episode 2 is moving on to a flashback, so that seems unlikely.

Also worth noting is that, judging by the work list of Wanpack (a subcontracting studio), all of Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu was animated during the first half of 2015. Episode 13 was done in June 2015.

Hah hah, I almost would have preferred to not know it came from a longer ova, now I'm wondering what I lost in scenes like these ones:

Ignorance is bliss I suppose.

edit: and the original manga is entirely untranslated of course.

Episode 14

Ok it is a official we full gundam show now.

Also highly disappointed Biscuit's older brother's name isn't a bakery food and the fact he's clearly going to end up dead like the last sibling this group found. New OP and ED suck tho.

pbayne

Gundam IBO 14

So the preview implies that McGillis is the man in the mask? Okay I guess...i hope the reason he gets it isn't stupid.

I can't wait for him to be more prominent because the only thing that I find lacking is a threatening antagonist for Tekkadan. McGillis definitely fits that Char mold of suave, intelligent pilot that Mikazaki had to run from before.

Also I want Kudelia to do something. I get that her arc is her wanting to find something that she can contribute to and it looks like she'll get her chance with the uprising but fuck I hope it dosen't end up up like the similarish princess form Aldonah Zero.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Bubuki Buranki 1
The CG looks uneven in several place. Sometime it looks good, sometime i looks bad... Story seem to be your standard a bunch of teenager collecting parts to get super power.

Bubuki Buranki makes it feel like the CG version of Chaos Dragon. Several elements seem similar IMO. Hopefully it has storytelling that is as tight as Chaos Dragon if it does it will be pretty rewarding in the end.

phaze

Koyomimononogatari

Arararararagi
must have got himself a lobotomy in Kizu, the fucker is grade A amnesiac.

---
Dimension W has a girl with robotic tail nice looking OP&ED.

Utawarerumono-long ass Japanese name episode 1
Don't know what this is, for some reason I have this nagging feeling that this is based on a game of some kind, either way I liked the atmosphere of the first episode, kuon is cute

It is. As a warning, the first 12 episodes are almost completely a SoL with character introductions and cameos from characters of the first anime series. It was pretty awesome since I watched the first, but most people's opinion was that it was the slowest thing this side of Galapagos.

i still dont understand yuru yuri

but i love it

Akari~n

I kept making jokes about not being able to see GAF-chan in the last thread and no one got it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom