• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What kind of fanservice could they even add to Ancient Magus Bride? Shit wouldn't even make sense.

Man like I said earlier in the thread I would want KyoAni to animate it.

Scene of Chise bathing.

Shouta

Got around to finishing the last 3 episodes of Comet Lucifer and hmm, really rushed, lol. The concept and the story in the end isn't bad but the overall pacing and composition of it was super sloppy. If they had spent time building some of it early on along with the slow/fun stuff, it would have worked better.

Cornbread78

Got around to finishing the last 3 episodes of Comet Lucifer and hmm, really rushed, lol. The concept and the story in the end isn't bad but the overall pacing and composition of it was super sloppy. If they had spent time building some of it early on along with the slow/fun stuff, it would have worked better.

It definitely suffered from the same thing that limited Charlotte, where they shoved 24 episodes of material into 12-13. Good stories and concepts, but rushed pacing and missed opportunities.

Just T

Bubuki Buranki- 1

This was dope, a nice surprise. I think they did a really good job with the first half, showing bits and pieces of the world, taking the time to get a little bit familiar with the characters, and eased in a very little bit of info about Buranki, it all flowed at a nice pace in my opinion. As for the latter half, it was alright, not as good as the first part but still decent. Besides an older Azuma, some new characters were introduced and aside from the boy that appears a bit obnoxious, I have no issue with them so far. They got some action in and it wasn’t bad either, the Bubuki are some interesting weapons. Then the ending made me curious enough to look forward to the next episode.

As for the visuals, the CGI was done well in my opinion, they were a few instances where the characters were a bit janky and the obnoxious boy lips were moving a few seconds before he started talking but other than that it was straight. The environments are looking good as well, the greenery in the beginning with them going through the forest, the Buranki walking through the trees looked a bit mystical and the buildings in the latter half. The music is also fitting well for the most part. So I think this was a nice start and it has potential, just hope it doesn’t go to complete shit; that would be disappointing.

Think I’ll check out Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu next.

e_i

Nurse Witch Komugi R episode 1

Attack of the 90's. Ouch at the Yaterman Night slam. Also, blondie is a girl?

Dimension W 01

I dig the OP, it reminds me of Gangsta. Pretty sure it's the same band. I really dig this visual effect that they use once in a while with the backgrounds aha.

Love the setting, premise is interesting and I like the cast already. Definitely gonna keep watching this one.

I'm just now watching Redline for the first time and I've come up with some words to describe how I feel about it. I've hidden them in the spoiler below.

HOLLLLEEEEE SHIIIIT THIS IS COOL

TUSR

Banned
I'm just now watching Redline for the first time and I've come up with some words to describe how I feel about it. I've hidden them in the spoiler below.

HOLLLLEEEEE SHIIIIT THIS IS COOL
Watched it twice (including the first time) over Christmas break.

Redline is rad. Stop posting and finish it.

jgminto

Prince of Stride: Alternative 1
Not sure if I'll watch the whole thing. The male characters seem interesting
and cute
but the sport aspect of the show seems extremely thin, perhaps even more so than Free. It is the first episode of course, and perhaps they'll develop it more once they reach the competition but if I'm not watching if for the high paced action, I'm watching it for the sexual tension between the boys and if they focus on their relationships with the Mary Sue character instead, ala UtaPri, I won't have much reason to continue watching aside from ogling Hozumi's pinned fringe.

trejo

Myriad Colors Phantom World 01

At first I was gonna make this a post about how despite not being the biggest fan of KyoAni around I still considered them to be at least above this kind of fanservicey trash but then I remembered they're responsible for Chuuni, Kyokai no Kanata and Amagi Park and was like, nope, this shit seems to be right up their alley after all. I don't know what's more embarrasing, the activation of superpowers by self fondling or the timing of the boob bounce to win at limbo but the cringe was definitely all too real. It's pretty-looking trash but trash nonetheless.

Will definitely keep watching. #hatewatch #partoftheproblem

I don't know what's more embarrasing, the activation of superpowers by self fondling or the timing of the boob bounce to win at limbo but the cringe was definitely all too real. It's pretty-looking trash but trash nonetheless.

Sexuality is disgusting and you should be ashamed.

Hai to Gensou no Grimgar 01

First of all this one is quite gorgeous. And it seems like one of the best SAO clones ooff the bat. The characters are more grounded, and so seem to be the rules in this world. I'm interested in watching more. Oh and this guy:
j6SqcBi.jpg
He's hilarious.

mdubs

Banned
Cross Game END - Hey, this show was really good. Maybe a little predictable, but all the characters are generally likable. Also had an entirely acceptable representation of the game of baseball. I think this might be my favorite genre in anime, not straight sports, not straight romance, but a health mix of the two. I really enjoy Baby Steps, Suzuka was pretty good, Chihayafuru was amongst my favorites. Apparently "H2" and "Touch" were both written by the same person, but those are much older, not sure how they hold up.

Cross Game and Baby Steps are the goats, sports romance is my favourite genre bar none when it's done well.

I still need to watch Chihayafuru

Hiya guys. Got a friend who was looking to watch some slice of life anime that was very down to earth and not cutesy but I couldn't think of any that met those specifications. So I wanted to ask here and see if any of y'all could help me with that by giving me some recommendations to any good ones that would meet those specifications

Joe Molotov

Hiya guys. Got a friend who was looking to watch some slice of life anime that was very down to earth and not cutesy but I couldn't think of any that met those specifications. So I wanted to ask here and see if any of y'all could help me with that by giving me some recommendations to any good ones that would meet those specifications

Silver Spoon?

Cornbread78

Barakamon right now. Although Naru is cute, it's an adult story.

Nope. But I just wanted to remind Woofington where he is on the TOTEM POLE.

One of these days I'll find out what shitty anime you like. He who woofs last, woofs the hardest

Silver Spoon definitely. If not that, Barakamon. If comedy is an option in it, then maybe School Rumble. Does he want slice of life in general or does he want a comedy, or a drama? Because light hearted I guess means comedy.

TUSR

Banned
Shove K-On down your friends throat.

Prince of Stride: Alternative 1
Not sure if I'll watch the whole thing. The male characters seem interesting
and cute
but the sport aspect of the show seems extremely thin, perhaps even more so than Free. It is the first episode of course, and perhaps they'll develop it more once they reach the competition but if I'm not watching if for the high paced action, I'm watching it for the sexual tension between the boys and if they focus on their relationships with the Mary Sue character instead, ala UtaPri, I won't have much reason to continue watching aside from ogling Hozumi's pinned fringe.

Much of the first episode was devoted to Stride, including a really well directed race at the end. The OP featured several rival teams at the end. Plus, people who have played the game say that it focuses more on sport than romance (and the anime is going to depart from the game story anyway, hence the "Alternative").

Probably Silver Spoon.

Kimi to Boku
Daily Lives of High School Boys

Dragon Ball Z: Episode of Bardock

banner_1817.jpg

I prefer DBZ abridged's reason for why he's a Super Saiyan, mostly cause there is one.

You know, they really should have ended Bardock's story with his death in the special because this should not exist.

I'm not going to lie, this one was a real turd. It's bad enough that it completely misses the point of Bardock's character but everything about this OVA has no real rhyme or reason behind it. Why did Frieza's death ball send Bardock thousands of years into the past instead of killing him? Why did it send him back to the exact same time Frieza's ancestor decided to conquer the planet? Where did Bardock's psychic powers go? Did the death ball erase that alongside planet Vegeta? Why did Bardock feel some sort of connection with the purple people despite only having like 3 unnoteworthy moments with them? Why is Bardock the Legendary Super Saiyan? My guess is that because the writers needed a reason to shoehorn Frieza's dialogue about the Legendary Super Saiyan in the beginning.

This just sucked. Nothing about this was any good, save for its animation and mercyfully short run time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom