• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Yes, finally.

Are you going to join in?

Don't forget to post over there if so.

Yeah, I could go for mononoke.

Very nice.

Don't forget to post over there if so.

I'd recommend watching the mononoke special that was a part of an over-all package if you can. The one called like "the cat" or something of the sort. It was fantastic.

I'll look it up when we're done.

I'd try to help but pasting and resizing things is the extent of my graphic skills ...
If you want something with more integrated and visible title you can just go with the title card from the Opening.

I ended up just using both, LOL. Why not, right?

Ascheroth

Bibika Bobonki - Episode 1

Time for some real impressions of this totally real anime. It's fucking -real-. Reminds me of Gainax TV anime back in the gangsta dayz where they were so coolz and indie hardcore. Just shit happenings, the screen visual explodings, make it pop like anime shadings. So real man, so real. Badass boys, badass girls. Long swords, big guns. It's party like the 90s with backdrops like those dope ass OVA things. Brother, I think I'm drunk on 3DCG. I wonder where the sister is.

I'm really looking forward to see how Ajin will hold up on that front.

Sterok

Shirayukihime 13

Why does half the world want Shirayuki? Red hair is nice, but is it really worth that much? Obi and Ryu were cute.

Qurupeke

What are those lists? I cannot read Japanese...

Code:
Males:

Koyomi Araragi	
Mikazuki Augus
Saitama	
Oshino Meme	
Archer
Gintoki Sakata
Karamatsu	
Kaiki Deishuu	
Osomatsu	
Choromatsu

Females:

Kiss-shot Acerola-orion Heart-under-blade
Hanekawa Tsubasa
Saber
Kudelia Aina Bernstein	
Hachikuji Mayoi	
Senjougahara Hitagi
Oshino Ougi
Chino	
Yotsugi Ononoki
Sheryl Nome

Top 10 most popular anime:

Monogatari series
Osomatsu-san
Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans
Gochuumon wa Usagi desu ka??
One Punch Man
The iDOLM@STER Cinderella Girls
K: Return of Kings
Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus
Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works
Girls und Panzer der Film

all the ladies (and the genos) want Saitama

sEfOYe9.png

sex personified

Jaxec

Ok so I just finished episode 24 of Evangelion and I have some question about what to do next. Should I watch episodes 25 and 26 or go straight to EoE? I heard that EoE replaces the last two episodes so I'm kinda confused. Also do I have to watch Death and Rebirth?

Qurupeke

Ok so I just finished episode 24 of Evangelion and I have some question about what to do next. Should I watch episodes 25 and 26 or go straight to EoE? I heard that EoE replaces the last two episodes so I'm kinda confused. Also do I have to watch Death and Rebirth?

Watch 25 and 26, then EoE. No need to watch anything else.

pbayne

No to Death and Rebirth.

Watch 25 and 26 first then EoE. They are both great conclusions to the series and i don't think either of them is considered 'the' official ending. Heck even the manga has a different conclusion.

EoE is >>>>>>>> 25&25 though

Jaxec

Watch 25 and 26, then EoE. No need to watch anything else.

No to Death and Rebirth.

Watch 25 and 26 first then EoE. They are both great conclusions to the series and i don't think either of them is considered 'the' official ending. Heck even the manga has a different conclusion.

EoE is >>>>>>>> 25&25 though

Ok thanks. Wait, so don't watch the Rebuild movies?

Qurupeke

Ok thanks. Wait, so don't watch the Rebuild movies?

I never watched them, they're basically movies that retell the same story. Maybe with better animation and additional scenes, I have no idea. If you really want to watch them, it's better to do so after the rest.

Squishy3

Just wait until Rebuild is done and marathon them, that way you'll have had a good long break between the original and the new stuff

Qurupeke

You can if you want. 1st is a retelling, 2nd has a twist, 3rd just fucks with you.

Okay, this made me curious. lol How different are they, are they good and are they crazier than EoE? People told me to wait to watch them until they're complete but I basically dismissed the movies because I thought they're the same as the series more or less.

Squalor

Yikes, Divine Gate episode one is terrible. Sasuke Uchiha protagonist with even more angst and trauma, yet somehow even less personality.

I'm not sure which one was more generic, Active Raid or Divine Gate, but they were both so bad.

Suppose I'll try this season's stuck-in-the-game (likely awful and cliché) anime next.

Okay, this made me curious. lol How different are they, are they good and are they crazier than EoE? People told me to wait to watch them until they're complete but I basically dismissed the movies because I thought they're the same as the series more or less.

1st rebuild sticks with the series, but adds in some details that might make you think something is different. 2nd is the same, but the differences start becoming more pronounced, and the ending goes off into its own thing.

The 3rd movie is straight up brand new whatthefuckishappeningthiswasntinthescript territory. As such, the third movie is divisive (to put it very mildly).

Clov

They're not "crazier" than EoE or anything. They're much more action focused, though. There's some great animation and battle scenes to be found in the Rebuild series. Amazing soundtrack too! The third is an absolute mess, though. Fun fight scenes, but a very muddled script.

If you want to watch them, don't go in expecting classic NGE. Though to be fair, the first Rebuild (which essentially is a retelling of part of the series) is the closest in tone.

Yikes, Divine Gate episode one is terrible. Sasuke Uchiha protagonist with even more angst and trauma, yet somehow even less personality.

I'm not sure which one was more generic, Active Raid or Divine Gate, but they were both so bad.

Suppose I'll try this season's stuck-in-the-game (likely awful and cliché) anime next.

You'll absolutely love the very progressive portrayal of women in this.

Qurupeke

1st rebuild sticks with the series, but adds in some details that might make you think something is different. 2nd is the same, but the differences start becoming more pronounced, and the ending goes off into its own thing.

The 3rd movie is straight up brand new whatthefuckishappeningthiswasntinthescript territory. As such, the third movie is divisive (to put it very mildly).

They're not "crazier" than EoE or anything. They're much more action focused, though. There's some great animation and battle scenes to be found in the Rebuild series. Amazing soundtrack too! The third is an absolute mess, though. Fun fight scenes, but a very muddled script.

If you want to watch them, don't go in expecting classic NGE. Though to be fair, the first Rebuild (which essentially is a retelling of part of the series) is the closest in tone.

It sounds good, thanks. NGE with more action should be fine. The EVAs designs are probably the best "giant robots" in any anime I've seen, they were my favourite part of it. I didn't like neither the original ending, nor EoE, but I really want to give the series another chance. It seems that the 4th movie has an unannounced date though, I wonder if I can wait till then.

JCG

I didn't like neither the original ending, nor EoE, but I really want to give the series another chance.

I am curious. Did you ever have the will or inclination to watch RahXephon?

Sometimes people who had issues with either ending of Eva seem to like that one.

Shirayukihime 13

Why does half the world want Shirayuki? Red hair is nice, but is it really worth that much? Obi and Ryu were cute.

The weirdest thing is that almost everyone makes a big deal out of her red hair but meanwhile Zen has someone with blue hair walking around in his crew!

Like, he has to be some weird mutant to have that as a natural hair colour but nobody wants to kidnap him, what gives!?

Qurupeke

I am curious. Did you ever have the will or inclination to watch RahXephon?

Sometimes people who had issues with either ending of Eva seem to like that one.

Nope, the mecha animes I've watched are basically TTGL, Code Geass and NGE. It's like the first time I hear this one. If this is true, I may have to give it a try. I googled it a bit and it gives a vibe similar to NGE, but with older protagonists, which is far better.

Jex

As much as I hate the focus on "worldbuilding" in western fantasy and fantasy games, I see this fauxRPG trend as the opposite extreme, where writers just eschew worldbuilding entirely in favor of Capitalized Class Names and familiar J/MMORPG systems (loot, parties, bosses).

In effect they're saying "us gamers right? let's move on to the character drama then", except the character drama is never anything special, with the exception of works like Maoyuu. What sets Maoyuu apart is that the writer used the energy saved by not worldbuilding to give economics lessons, effectively trading one responsibility for another. I think that's fine. I don't like it when writers stretch themselves thin trying to cover everything *COUGHGRRMCOUGH*, but the recent string of fauxRPG LNs is just deplorably lazy.

/endrant
But Haly, what about Log Horizon???

T-Rex.

Banned
I wanna watch Bakemonogatari cos everyone raves about the series but then I browsed for it on Hulu and there's like 6 different shows. I wish it was just listed as S1, S2, S3 etc. Would make it a lot easier for someone like me :lol

TUSR

Banned
I wanna watch Bakemonogatari cos everyone raves about the series but then I browsed for it on Hulu and there's like 6 different shows. I wish it was just listed as S1, S2, S3 etc. Would make it a lot easier for someone like me :lol

just watch bakemonogatari

bake
nise
neko
second season
hana
tsukihi
owari
kizu
koyomi

JCG

I absolutely love both series.

I liked both of them myself. It's certainly not a mutually exclusive proposition, but there is something of a tendency to prefer one over the other.

Nope, the mecha animes I've watched are basically TTGL, Code Geass and NGE. It's like the first time I hear this one. If this is true, I may have to give it a try. I googled it a bit and it gives a vibe similar to NGE, but with older protagonists, which is far better.

Hopefully you will check it out, especially since the wait for the last of the Rebuild films is hard to estimate.

Qurupeke

Bake(12 eps+3 ONAs, watch them) -> Nise -> Neko (Kuro) -> Monogatari Series Second Season->Hana->Tsuki->Owari and then you can watch Koyomimonogatari and wait for Kizu with us. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom