• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today on "Falling Deeper into Idol Hell"

Love Live! School Idol Festival 01

Don't judge me.

I'm coming at this as a curiosity, as in I'm curious how this is the most popular Sunrise series since Code Geass. Now as far as I can tell, a lot of Idol shows (besides Aikatsu) don't really sway away from depicting the Idol industry as hard to break into and somewhat sleazy, some go further then others (and then there is Yakuza 5) but this seems about as happy-go-lucky as you can get. Like "Huh, I wonder what our school full of hot girls with idol-like qualities and professional voice actresses should do. LET'S BECOME IDOLS"

But that's fine, I'm not going to really knock it for being upbeat. I dunno if I'll keep watching but at least I can kind of understand it now. Maybe.

don't you mean....

hen-tai? :D

QG5YlW8.gif

what.

chill fam.

Look at me, man. Look at me. I need your help. I'm a man in need.

ibyea

Banned
Erased - 1
I really liked it! Suspenseful first episode, and hey, turns out it's
a murder mystery too! And I love murder mysteries.

Something Something Rakugo Something - 1
That was quiet long, but in the end I liked it. It's a decent introduction to all the characters, and they straight up showed what Rakugo was about with that 10-15 minutes segment. While I can't say Rakugo appeals to me that much, especially since reading subtitles is really not the optimal way to experience this, I can appreciate it. Must have been one heck of a work for the voice actors! Only thing I didn't like about it is that it feels like it sort of jumps from one scene to another in a way that feels aimless.

Something Something Rakugo Something - 1
That was quiet long, but in the end I liked it. It's a decent introduction to all the characters, and they straight up showed what Rakugo was about with that 10-15 minutes segment. While I can't say Rakugo appeals to me that much, especially since reading subtitles is really not the optimal way to experience this, I can appreciate it. Must have been one heck of a work for the voice actors! Only thing I didn't like about it is that it feels like it sort of jumps from one scene to another in a way that feels aimless.

I thought the episode flowed logically enough from scene to scene, but it does cut down the material from 2 OADs which are each the length of this first TV episode, so there is a lot of material it couldn't include.

ibyea

Banned
I thought the episode flowed logically enough from scene to scene, but it does cut down the material from 2 OADs which are each the length of this first TV episode, so there is a lot of material it couldn't include.

Maybe it was all the math I was reading getting to my head :p

In all seriousness though, for some reason I just had to go back multiple times for me to get how things got there.

Firemind

??

They look pretty young in the videos I've watched and remind me of kids back in high school in my AP courses when I took them. That's how we dressed, if not for metal shirts.
i didn't care about a band's looks since i was a sophomore

anyway, their best album is probably kimi tsunagi five m or sol-fa

EDs are generally meant to wind down emotionally from the episode you've just watched, so they usually have music and animation that's lower energy than a typical OP.

i didn't care about a band's looks since i was a sophomore

anyway, their best album is probably kimi tsunagi five m or sol-fa

It was more of a comment that in my narrow view of japanese music, largely from this thread and any band that might catch my eye, they tend to be dress like the equivalent of Lady Gaga or like idols/maids. Similar to boy bands here, but anime tends to really follow idols so that's what I'm used to I guess. It was nice to find a band that didn't need to go crazy with outfits or hairdos.

But I'm not really that into the japanese music scene, any music in japanese I have (Great Teacher Onizuka OP 2 excluded which I bought separately) tends to come from any OST of a game or anime.

Firemind

It was more of a comment that in my narrow view of japanese music, largely from this thread and any band that might catch my eye, they tend to be dress like the equivalent of Lady Gaga or like idols/maids. Similar to boy bands here, but anime tends to really follow idols so that's what I'm used to I guess. It was nice to find a band that didn't need to go crazy with outfits or hairdos.

But I'm not really that into the japanese music scene, any music in japanese I have (Great Teacher Onizuka OP 2 excluded which I bought separately) tends to come from any OST of a game or anime.
well in that case you should watch furi kuri

My ability to determine whether other people realize I'm joking or not is getting destroyed by this thread. xD

I need to rewatch the original Utawarerumono, but I don't have time for it. Sigh..

Mokoi

Banned
Today on "Falling Deeper into Idol Hell"

Love Live! School Idol Festival 01
shit prints money. enjoy the ride bruh.

erased
solid first episode, and lol that pizza bike. Of the few stuff i watched yesterday this seems to be the only decent one. Looks forward to how it plays out.

Line_HTX

What am I looking at? What are you people doing?

O_O

Also, yay for a Houston location for Kizumonogatari just 30 minutes away from my house. I always liked Alamo Drafthouse's strict rules over the regular theaters plus I can eat whatever food I want.

What am I looking at? What are you people doing?

O_O

Also, yay for a Houston location for Kizumonogatari just 30 minutes away from my house. I always liked Alamo Drafthouse's strict rules over the regular theaters plus I can eat whatever food I want.

everytime I go to Alamo I do heavy dieting around it so I can eat like a pig. They have downright the best popcorn and delicious pizza/food.

sonicmj1

shit prints money. enjoy the ride bruh.

erased
solid first episode, and lol that pizza bike. Of the few stuff i watched yesterday this seems to be the only decent one. Looks forward to how it plays out.

Pizza places in Japan tend to deliver on those kinds of mopeds. They make an anachronistic appearance on the streets of Demon New York in Blood Blockade Battlefront too.

everytime I go to Alamo I do heavy dieting around it so I can eat like a pig. They have downright the best popcorn and delicious pizza/food.

Dieting probably hurts more than it helps. If you eat a steady diet, and then have a day where you eat way more, it'll boost your metabolism. Opposingly, if you have a steady diet, then lower your calorie count, your body will feel like it needs to store more of the calories on the day you binge as fat reserves.

Not telling you how to live your life, just spreading my knowledge as a part-time personal trainer while I work through college. :p

So did I miss something in this last page or so? Thread kinda went off the rails after Undertale talk.

I derailed it further as I haven't played Undertale yet and couldn't participate.

Cornbread78

Bahamut ep.1
Well, this is definitely an LN trash look-alike, or a straight up Infinite Stratos clone, but oh well, it was interesting enough. I just don't know if I can handle two trash shows in the same season..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom