• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narag

Perfect Insider 4

I was under the impression this was about two people talking to each another in just one room but there's actually multiple people and multiple rooms thus I leave disappointed.

Futari wa Precure 02
The part where they did some super heroics not directly related to punching the monster was nice, most of the bystanders in these shows usually just disappear or have an in universe reason for not being involved, seeing some old fashioned saving civilians was nice.

Yuki Yuna is a Hero 02
LELLn1C.png
Uh

Uhhhh...

something something anime

It's probably for the best that for all the magical super strength they have, she doesn't get use of her legs back. It would be pretty messed up to do that then take it away when things go back to normal.

Anyway, fantasy magic guns can't compare in coolness to the real things.

tumblr_inline_mpeq3xgIeM1qeppj3.gif

Rakugo 1

Pretty good, I can see why it gets a lot of praise. I can appreciate the long rakugo sections, but am not personally too keen on them though.

Bahamut 1

I might've enjoyed this, if only for the Orange CG, but not when there are partially armored CG people.

Aokana 1

Seems ok. I hope the CG doesn't stay obvious.

Dagashi 1

What a guy.

A little late, and I still haven't seen much of the new season yet, but here are my thoughts so far:

Musaigen no phantom World 1

This show reminds me of a mix of Digimon and Baka to Test. Has potential and is pretty funny. Will give it a few more episodes to see what it evolves into.

Dimension W 1

I thought this was very Darker than Black-like after seeing the opening, and then I looked it up and found it was the same manga author. Definitely will watch since I liked Darker than Black back in the day.

Dagashi Kaishi 1

This shows has potential. I like the premise. Wasn't as funny as the best comedies out there, but I could see this growing on me.

Erased 1

Definitely seems good so far. Looking forward to what this show becomes. We don't get enough of this genre anymore.

Hai to Gensou no Grimgar 1

Kinda checked this out on a whim, and to my surprise it seems good so far. I really like how the backgrounds are water colored. But this show could go in a million different directions, and most of them are probably bad.

Still have a few more I want to check out, but just haven't gotten around to it yet.

White Album 2 has to be my favorite Romance/Drama anime -- and I hated White Album 1, which is nothing at all like 2 (in case some people here haven't seen 2 yet and hated 1).

What romance/drama anime is as good as White Album 2? Any recommendations? I've already seen Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien (and I liked it).

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Arpiel Online is the maiden project from Ngine Studios, located in South Korea. In this game, players assume the roles of students from a beastmen school, trying to save the world from breaking apart.
players assume the roles of students from a beastmen school, trying to save the world
students from a beastmen school
surprise.gif

Quasar

White Album 2 has to be my favorite Romance/Drama anime -- and I hated White Album 1, which is nothing at all like 2 (in case some people here haven't seen 2 yet and hated 1).

What romance/drama anime is as good as White Album 2? Any recommendations? I've already seen Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien (and I liked it).

I liked it too. Just bummed the last part never got animated. I thought it might have as a ova, but that never happened.

duckroll

Burbank 1

As far as CG anime goes, this is some damn good art direction. Gives me Fire Emblem vibes.

Like I said yesterday, it seems that CG brings out the best in Kozaki's designs and captures them very accurately. Traditional animation can't seem to consistently get his sharp designs to flow as well.

Burbank had a really cool first episode and also loving the designs.

Schwarzesmarken tho man wtf is with the mouths on the aliens. It didnt grab me all that much but ill give it the 3 episode test.

Garo the Animation 3
[Ema] I hope she's really a recurring character as she seems to be at this point, because I like her.

Leon has the best chest hair. I hope I get to see more of that.

Ema is great and will be recurring, unfortunately not as much as I would've liked.
As for chest hair I assume you mean German? If my memory serves me well, there's even a full episode of it to look forward to!

I miss S1 Garo

pbayne

Ema is great and will be recurring, unfortunately not as much as I would've liked.
As for chest hair I assume you mean German? If my memory serves me well, there's even a full episode of it to look forward to!

I miss S1 Garo

Yep miss it big time too.

I made it to 12 of this season though and I just can't watch it anymore. Every week I say "now it'll get good" but it never does.

Oh well at least I have the movie sequel of season 1 to look forward to.

duckroll

Just watched all the clean OP/EDs of the original FMA series from my Complete Best DVD. So fucking good. The EDs in particular are masterclasses in editing and framing. The way the visuals fit not just the flow of the songs but the exact tempo of the music is really impressive. Norimitsu Suzuki da gawd.

Try watching ef?

Quasar

Snow White 2.01 - Nice to be back. Intrigue ahoy. Though it would be nice to see some plots that aren't about kidnapping Shirayuki.

Cornbread78

If you haven't seen Clannad yet and like a good drama start there. Other, shorter, series that are pretty good romance/drama:

- Ef-A Tale of Memories is the closest
- The Pet Girl of Sakurasou
- Ano Natsu de Matteru

duckroll

Snow White with the Red Hair S2 - Episode 1

Damn that was a pretty strong return. The episode felt very dense as it reintroduced the characters while building on a new storyline which seems to be bringing a number of past elements together for a more complex plot. I really liked a lot of the visual composition in the episode, especially with the heavy use of camera close ups to create a more narrow sense of space and closeness. Even the scene with Ryu climbing the tree was really well directed, and him under the table too. The silly faces Zen and Shirayuki made later on were priceless.

Not particularly fond of the OP or the ED, but the ED does have some really nice artwork. I'm pretty intrigued by where they seem to be taking the plot in this season. Feels like they're setting up something which could be more climatic for this season. Anyone up to speed on the manga? Any hints of what's going to happen?

Good enough.

Right. Posting at 1 AM can lead to silly mistakes.

I miss S1 Garo

The difference between the two Garo anime seasons certainly shows the difference between having a strong artistic vision and having a muddled one.

I dropped Garo S2 and nothing anyone has posted about it since has made me regret my decision and that is disappointing in and of itself.

Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Episode 31

Instructor Chrono duel was actually interesting. I didnt like the ancient gears in the games and such but here he made them really nice.

Looking forward to whenever Manjoume duels. But first Kaiser.

Defuser

Dagashi Kashi ep 1
Disappointed they cut out a few segments but instead made a weaker segment to compliment it. Ayana Taketatsu is amazing to keep up being a wack for Dagashi while maintaining the ojou sama tone.

HOTARU IS LOVE HOTARU IS LIFE.

If Garo S1 is to Garo S2 like Psycho-Pass S1 was to Psycho-Pass S2, let's hope the Garo movie is like the Psycho-Pass movie!

The Garo movie is the staff of Garo S1 whereas Garo S2 is an almost completely different staff (monaca on music aside), so in that sense it's already like the Psychopass movie.

Gurrry

So my sister needed a dvd player so I brought one to her house that I never really used before. Honestly, im not even sure where we got it.

Anyways, I turn it on and hit eject to make sure there is nothing in there... but there was.

It was a movie called Summer Wars. I had no idea what it was until I looked it up and it seems to be an anime movie that has pretty good reviews. Again, I have never seen it and have no clue where this came from. Im gonna check it out when I have some time. Maybe this will be my gateway drug to the anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom