• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nightii

Banned
Just watched Erased ep 1 and yep, this is what I was looking for after MGX drugged me, even if it's not even the same genre at all lol.

Off the top of my head, I still haven't watched any space operas. I'd rather avoid long-running shows if possible, but would give one a try if it's good enough (which I believe most don't, since long-running series tend to get stale in order to drag the story out as much as possible).

Guess I'll check Haikyuu out later, then. I'm actually not as interested in the show being about sports per se, just a narrative that's character-driven. I was mentioning it as an example because I've gotten to watch several shows in genres I don't usually enjoy merely because of how I liked the characters and the way they're explored and developed.

For other character driven series, I would also suggest M3 (very character driven, dark, and emotional and sticks with you once its done, theres not that many anime out there that can do that), and also glasslip and nagiasu.

If DTL ever succeeds in getting someone to watch M3 or Glasslip I will laugh.

I keep saying Iron Blooded Orphans is my first Okada show but I watched like 6 episodes of M3 and promptly forgot it existed.

e_i

hopefully this weeks Dagashi Kashi is better than the last

bPTIdCu.gif

If DTL ever succeeds in getting someone to watch M3 or Glasslip I will laugh.

I keep saying Iron Blooded Orphans is my first Okada show but I watched like 6 episodes of M3 and promptly forgot it existed.

Watch Nagi no Asukara. Okada's writing goes to shit as usual towards the end but the visuals and OST are quite something.

Listen to this! Makes for a very nice atmosphere.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I remembered why I got into DanMachi and it's because of this clip:
This is what GrimGar lacks and Konobusa has in spades, which makes it tolerable despite it looking off model every frame.

Haly

Haly

Also these medieval JRPG settings all seem to have incredible standards of hygiene.

Also these medieval JRPG settings all seem to have incredible standards of hygiene.

I want my fantasy anime to have this disgusting village filled with like people suffering from the black plague, horse shit everywhere, drunks barfing on the streets and picking fights with every person they see. Just the worst of humanity.

And the knights? I want them to be as douchey as many knights actually were. Just this group of murdering cocky nobles who had their way with everything and everyone.

I want my fantasy anime to have this disgusting village filled with like people suffering from the black plague, horse shit everywhere, drunks barfing on the streets and picking fights with every person they see. Just the worst of humanity.

And the knights? I want them to be as douchey as many knights actually were. Just this group of murdering cocky nobles who had their way with everything and everyone.

Sounds like you want Garo the Animation then.

Quasar

So...GoT then. Or maybe Flesh+Blood.

The new Garo movie is nearly here.
Save me original anime cast! Save me from Crimson Moon! ;_;

Speaking of Crimson Moon. You know, despite being a big fan of the original Garo anime, I don't know that much about the franchise.

But I also have a sneaking suspicious that the people in charge of Crimson Moon don't either because well...

duckroll

Things I need to watch:
- Mononoke
- Trapez
- The rest of Mushishi S2
- Finish Kekkai Sensen
- Finish Yatterman Night
- Finish Garo S1

Feels like a lot. Thinking of giving up on anime again. :(

Cornbread78

Rozen Maiden 6-END
Wel, I finally finished the show a week late, but oh well. The final battle ended a little different from the way I thought it would, but it was a decent conclusion to the story. Overall, the show wasn't bad, but it was extremely average with unique characters. I'm not sure who's rec this was for a Let's Watch, but, I'm not sure who I could recommend this to unless someone was looking for a unique SoL anime with some shounen battles.

Just T

Shoujo-tachi wa Kouya wo Mezasu: 1-2

This has been alright so far. The first two episodes basically were just getting the team together, which obviously didn’t take long at all. From what was shown so far I like them, some quirks here and there but they are entertaining to watch and chuckled a few times during some scenes. Interested in how this will play out once they start actual work on the game. But this was a fun start.

Ojisan and Marshmallow: 2

Lol that reaction was funny.

blurr

BokuMachi 02

Wow, that was so beautiful.
I like that Satoru's first step to fix the future is 'empathy' and starting a relationship.

Rozen Maiden 6-END
Wel, I finally finished the show a week late, but oh well. The final battle ended a little different from the way I thought it would, but it was a decent conclusion to the story. Overall, the show wasn't bad, but it was extremely average with unique characters. I'm not sure who's rec this was for a Let's Watch, but, I'm not sure who I could recommend this to unless someone was looking for a unique SoL anime with some shounen battles.

That's because you watched the wrong Rozen Maiden after being told a dozen times.

I used to have a huge backlog list, then I realized I didn't feel like watching josei or shojo because the tropes got to me. So now I only have like LOGH, and that Google Glass anime.

I also had Kaiba but it was too weird.

sonicmj1

Rozen Maiden 6-END

I'm pretty sure everyone recommended you watch the 2013 season, and you went and watched the mediocre older season instead.

Rozen Maiden 6-END

You only have yourself to blame here.

I used to have a huge backlog list, then I realized I didn't feel like watching josei or shojo because the tropes got to me. So now I only have like LOGH, and that Google Glass anime.

I also had Kaiba but it was too weird.

You really are a bad person, aren't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom