• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter Anime 2016 |OT| Celebrating the New Year and PSO2's release in the west!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Durarara x2 25

Realized I hadn't watched this yet. Glad it's back.

NxbRp8H.gif

Nikodemos

There isn't really any, unless I'm forgetting something. Certainly nothing like Shinmai Maou or Valkyrie Drive from last season.
Well, I'm not saying absolutely exactly like those, since the only thing close to Valkyrie Drive is Valkyrie Drive.

phaze

Kimi ni Todoke - 06

So it wasn't the one girl I originally expected, which makes sense since she seemed to be genuinely nice, but another one of those who had a crush on Shouta.

Otherwise I'll refrain on commenting further on this atrocity. I can also no longer trust Phaze's opinion since he made it up to episode 8, which is way too far! I'm out.

I'll take solace in the fact that KnK apparently wasn't bad enough to do that on its own. :p And if this is the end of the arc with the misunderstandings with the two female friends then I only made it to #7 !

Retry Toradora !

I need to know the most aggravating romantic anime that people have watched
I want to watch them
I'll slyly interpret that to be any anime with romance in it.
FS/N
Eureka 7
Kyoukai no Kanata: Mirai-hen
Kara no Kyoukai
Parasyte
Naruto: The Last

Watched the Tokyo Ghoul recreation, and honestly it was decently made can't even laugh outside of low budget.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jleW_C8AkjM

Reminds me I gotta buy some music off this band, liked their Psycho Pass song too. Shame this song was wasted on a shitty anime

in b4 psycho pass jab
That was terrible lol

I'll watch Psycho-pass just to be able to use that oats or whatever pic while being aware of the meaning of it !
gashikunFLCL;192235103 But the one I really like is this [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BU0f4YKNSYs" said:
Captain Tsubasa[/URL] one.
You're gentleman and a scholar.

Has anyone found any comparisons online for the finished yatterman last episode?

Sakugabooru has the blu-ray versions of the scenes.

Holy fuck is the Ending for Erased top tier. I would even go as far to say it's one of my top favorite.

Is there any Ending that's similar in style and uniqueness?
The aforementioned Shingo Yamashita did also ED for Naruto. Check it out if you want more of that specific, stylized art style from SSN's ED.
it's more that here we have this gritty setting with a bunch of old and generally not attractive characters. Even the attractive ones still look like they belong in a show attempting to show the underbelly of city ala steampunk or noir sci fi. Then we have a cute robot cat girl who does anime faces, slaps the lead because she thinks he's being ecchi, show keeps focusing on her butt, etc...

It's only been one episode so hard to say if I feel she'll bring down the show, but I wouldn't be surprised if she ultimately ends up being a variable in me dropping the show (aside of the show's quality dropping).

The crew the main guy works for doesn't look gritty at all and I think even the rest of the cast look pretty anim'ish. If they will succeed in getting her some clothes and unsticking the camera from her bottom I think she'll fit well enough.

Mononoke 04

There was a talking ghost fish playing a biwa yelling at people to say what they are afraid of and he was voiced by WAKAMOTO.

10/10

I knew you would like it. lol

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Litchi DE Hikari Club
So, i just recently finish reading Litchi Hikari Club, then i notice there's a parody anime for this, so i think to myself, why not?
A group of teen who act like they're gestapo doing fun things, there's robot and a girl too.
It's not that bad, but ii wish there's a proper anime adaptation of the manga.

Branduil

I'm currently going through Eureka 7 and it's pretty good but WTF at the metaphysical nonsense of
"too many intelligent people=exploding universe."
This kind of premise seems to require a little better elaboration than they've given so far.

duckroll

The fact that Boku Dake ga Inai Machi seems to be adapting an 8-9 volume story heavy manga in 12 episodes is just crazy.

This is a pretty big test for Taku Kishimoto. If he pulls it off without a hitch by the end, I think we'll have more than enough evidence that his adaptation work thus far is not just luck of the draw with picking good source material which could be seen as "easy to adapt". He's getting more and more work too, so I'm very excited to see how it plays out in these few seasons. Joker Game looks super interesting.

I'm currently going through Eureka 7 and it's pretty good but WTF at the metaphysical nonsense of
"too many intelligent people=exploding universe."
This kind of premise seems to require a little better elaboration than they've given so far.

I think it's pretty simple to understand. There's really no need for much elaboration because it's a hippy sort of theory which you either buy into or you don't. This is a show inspired by and celebrating hippy culture and trends of days gone by, so I don't think it's really out of place. Any physical space has a limit to the resources being able to support biological life, beyond this limit things can become extremely uncomfortable and eventually lethal. In the same sense, if you accept that consciousness is something that exists outside of physical reality, then it inhabits a different layer which might have its own rules. So applying the same theory, if there is too much sentience for this non-physical layer to support, it -could- implode. I mean this is all bullocks, but like I said... LOVE AND PEACE! :)

Hey guys Ajin movie subs are out, and i personally think the experience will be better than TV since it's ~100 minute from start to end.

So yeah don't think need to wait TV episode 1 release.

duckroll

Whatever this is, let's just hope he sticks with it all the way and not drop it three episodes in like he did with Aldnoah Zero.

He didn't "drop it" thought. That seems like a misunderstanding of his role in the project and how anime is made. He created the concept with the director and the producers, wrote the setting and stuff, and wrote the first 3 episodes to set the tone. That's his role in the project. He was not the story editor or a main writer on the show.

pbayne

Dagashi 2

To whoever is in charge of character designs: did Hotaru's chest expand between episodes? Anyone else notice that?

I enjoyed cocnuts getting flustered but i can't say the comedy hits the mark for me. It's a pleasant enough watch but its just kind of whatever at the minute.

Line_HTX

He didn't "drop it" thought. That seems like a misunderstanding of his role in the project and how anime is made. He created the concept with the director and the producers, wrote the setting and stuff, and wrote the first 3 episodes to set the tone. That's his role in the project. He was not the story editor or a main writer on the show.

I wonder how it would've went if Urobutchi's role was to write the whole show and not just lay the foundation for 3 episodes.

He was the scenario writer for Gunslinger Stratos the Animation right? I don't even remember what that was supposed to be about, haha

I wonder how it would've went if Urobutchi's role was to write the whole show and not just lay the foundation for 3 episodes.

He was the scenario writer for Gunslinger Stratos the Animation right? I don't even remember what that was supposed to be about, haha

Urobuchi came up with the concept for the original Gunslinger Stratos arcade game, but he was not involved in the anime.

Dagashi 2

To whoever is in charge of character designs: did Hotaru's chest expand between episodes? Anyone else notice that?

I enjoyed cocnuts getting flustered but i can't say the comedy hits the mark for me. It's a pleasant enough watch but its just kind of whatever at the minute.

Have only watched the first episode so far, but that's my feeling as well. Enjoyable enough, but didn't really give me much motivation to watch the second episode. Certainly not like Boku Dake where I was desperately trying to figure out how long I would have to wait for the second episode.

Divine Gate Episode 2
CYxMdeZWMAE8xFv.png
CYxN0fYWwAMEfID.png

I love the shows coloring. Definitely by far and away the best anime of the season. The action was great then the subconscious v conscious aspect to motivations to save someone or not to was rather thought provoking and compelling. Hopefully Aoto can confront his brother someday.

Additionally the Divine Gate stuff. Very interested in what characters will do once they gain the key and enter it.

Akane fire spells are the best, Aoto's water sword was cool too though not used extensively yet.
CYxO8NtWkAIcTZO.png
CYxO8RnWMAAHak1.png

Divine Gate Episode 2

I love the shows coloring. Definitely by far and away the best anime of the season. The action was great then the subconscious v conscious aspect to motivations to save someone or not to was rather thought provoking and compelling. Hopefully Aoto can confront his brother someday.

Sometimes I wonder if DTL is just in it for the long con. Secretly nonstop trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom