• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout Omega Collection |OT| Out of CoLD SToRAGE

I've never played any of these (Omega Collection) games, but played the shit out of the N64 / PSX games.

Where should I start? Chronologically with HD?

Shaneus

If I buy this it's only to get my name up on Shaneus' leaderboards. :D I was pretty much done with HD/Fury and didn't really like 2048 that much so hadn't even thought about this.

Now what I would give for a Wipeout 2097 and Wip3out remaster...
Aw, come on,
qSStNl.gif

Bumhead

Banned
I've had the PS4 since launch, but tonight is the first time I feel like I have a PlayStation again.

To some this will sound daft but I absolutely agree with you.

Would anyone take a Wipeout Alpha collection With Wipeout, 2097 and Wip3out SE?

That would be my dream at this point!

What do I need to do to make this happen? I'll do it.

14 broadcasts and 4 pages here :(

The game isn't out tomorrow in the UK and Europe, where I believe this series has always been the most popular.

yurinka

Would anyone take a Wipeout Alpha collection With Wipeout, 2097 and Wip3out SE?

That would be my dream at this point!
Me. But please add Wipeout Pure, Pulse and their DLC there too -we can forget Wipeout Fusion- :)

Pack them with an emulator, add some trophies and online, render them at 4K 60fps. No need to remake all models, lighting or textures if it's too much work. In this case I'd make an effort to keep the original music tracks, but if not with new ones would be ok.

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
[Redacted as the member no longer wishes to be associated with this website, and the reputational damage and distress caused by association with this website. In addition, the user considers that the action of the management, and the nature of the site and members of its community, renders the original terms and conditions of this site void, and it unconscionable for either side to be bound to them. The user reasserts their IP rights in all content and does not give any authority for its continued usage on this website. Despite requesting that the user's account be deleted, in accordance with data protection rules which apply to this website over multiple jurisdictions, the admin team have failed to delete this account, requiring the user to take its own steps to ensure the valid deletion of data.]

yurinka

Thanks,

Here is the whole soundtrack for anyone else interested.

https://coldstorage.bandcamp.com/album/slipstream-volume-one

I think this music album deserves to be in the OP, next to Neogaf music album. Both must be played as custom tracklist while playing in this game.

It's better to start with Omega Collection. Having this doesn't make sense to play inferior versions that were the original (Wipeout HD, Fury and 2048).

After that I'd go to play Wipeout Pure and Pulse in PSP or Vita. Includes some tracks and ships from Omega Collection but many other new ones, slightly different gameplay, other awesome OST plus very cool extra game modes and free DLC with more tracks and ships.

In the PS1 (Wipeout, Wipeout 2098/XL, Wip3out / Wip3out Special Edition), and PS2 (Wipeout Fusion) games, the gameplay may feel outdated especially for new players, but the PSP titles still feel fresh and awesome today.

JamboGT

I have just switched to 2560x1440 monitors in work and really need some new WipEout wallpapers, had been using nice clean team name ones, hopefully some more will appear soon!

Catphish

Oh how I wish I had the day off.

I only had a half hour to play it so far and now i'm off to work but, holy cow, this game is friggin awesome.

So gorgeous. 👍

Shaneus

in case its not been posted, the "retro cover" is a cardboard sleeve, not a true new case.
Really? I thought it was a full plastic cover or something. Does anyone have any photos beyond the promo stuff that's been going around? Like close-ups?

That's one of my favourite old WO images, used it for years!
Same! Used to be my work desktop wallpaper when it could scale/stretch without looking ugly.

@OP: HDR support in games is available on both PS4 and PS4pro. It's not some Pro-specific or 4K-only enhancement (though only games with Pro support seem to get it patched in and only 4K TVs can display it).

That's a pretty important distinction as HDR is a bigger visual improvement than most stuff the Pro brings to the table (in particular if it's just the usual resolution bump).

Marcoos

Mine just arrived from Shopto, I ordered the Steelbook and got that, disc came in the normal case with the retro slip. So ended up with all the cases and covers :)

Greenymac

Mine just arrived from Shopto, I ordered the Steelbook and got that, disc came in the normal case with the retro slip. So ended up with all the cases and covers :)

Going to pick mine up in a couple hours, but I'm in the US so we got shit on with the cool collectibles...

Massaki

Neo Member
I've never played any of these (Omega Collection) games, but played the shit out of the N64 / PSX games.

You should watch Return of The Jedi>Attack of The Clones>Clone Wars>MGS 3>Frieza Saga then play Wipeout HD.

RodzTF

Dang it. Caved. First time I've ever pre-ordered a digital title.

Can't wait to jump back into this, mega fun.

repeater

2048 was the first game I got on my Vita and I played a shit ton of it, looking forward to having it in 60fps with better loading times.

Curufinwe

@OP: HDR support in games is available on both PS4 and PS4pro. It's not some Pro-specific or 4K-only enhancement (though only games with Pro support seem to get it patched in and only 4K TVs can display it).

That's a pretty important distinction as HDR is a bigger visual improvement than most stuff the Pro brings to the table (in particular if it's just the usual resolution bump).

I'd much rather have the resolution and effects bump, than HDR. Fortunately, I get both.

KaidoRacer7

I misunterstood and thought that Omega Collection was going to have only one "new" team, but there is Van Uber and Tigron. One is a pre-order dlc, but Tigron? Is an unlockable or separate DLC?

ironmang

Just ordered this from Best Buy. Had a blast with the Vita version and haven't touched the others so I'm expecting this to be a nice side-game for quite a while.

Really wish they'd allow you to bring the 3 different HUD options from HD into 2048. It's pretty annoying when you're switching between the campaigns and stuff like the health bar is in a completely different spot. It's one of the few things that makes the game feel ununified.

Croash

Time to compete for the top Anulpha Pass Zone leaderboards, again. I have a 248,000 Score to beat. Can't believe it's been 8 years. Eight. Years. WHAT.

I got a Vita for 2048 last July. When they announced Omega I dropped Vita 2048 instantly (had finished the campaign but was still trying to fully complete it from time to time). No regrets because I love my Vita, what they achieved on it was incredible, but looking at it now on PS4... Man, this will be good. Sol <3 <3 <3

No, skip HD/Fury/2048 and just play this one.

It's better to start with Omega Collection. Having this doesn't make sense to play inferior versions that were the original (Wipeout HD, Fury and 2048).

Thank you. But I wasn't clear enough. I'm taking about the remasters within the Omega Collection. I'm of the understanding the campaigns are fairly separate within the overall package. So not knowing these three games, within the Omega Collection package, which should I play first?

It's a dumb question anyway. It's just I get put off by walls of content.

Wow...so many ships are locked.

The whole Van Uber fleet is available, but Tigron is locked.

A few of the HD teams are also locked - Mirage, Auricom, Harimau and Icaras. I recall you need to complete 4 campaigns to unlock them back in WipEout HD. I wonder if it's still the same here.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
wUwzFuy.jpg

Golded all the 2048 events. I don't know if there's a trophy for Golding everything but may as well. I played tons of HD/Fury but the Vita game is all new to me and I have to say I really like it.

Just a heads up, the event circled in red is easy to beat but was randomly hard to get gold in. Either its a difficulty spike or there is a shortcut I was missing.

What is with the blue turbo pads blending into the blue tracks in 2048? who decided that was a good visual design decision? I literally can't see some of them before my ship goes zoom lol

Top Bottom