• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout Omega Collection |OT| Out of CoLD SToRAGE

For the last several months, my almost 2 year old has been fascinated with the PS4 controller. He'd carry it around the living room. I usually don't play until he's in bed, so he didn't really know what to do with it. Except to hold it against his head like it's a phone. He woke up 40 minutes early this morning. Instead of putting on Sesame Street for the too-manyith time, I fired up the PS4 Pro to show him what the controller was for. It's been too long since I've played a Wipeout, so I wasn't very good, but Miles was entranced. He sat in my lap drinking milk and alternating between the screen, the controller, and me with the biggest smile on his face. I let him have a lap, but it didn't go too well. I think he's in.

Kids: An excuse to buy all the new consoles!

kromeo

Did anyone ever get the team themes from shopto? I got the game from them already but never got any code or anything

theyturkerjurbs

Neo Member
So does the 2048 campaign hold up visually to HD and Fury? Its the only one I've not played and hoping for some fresh eye candy; or does it look like a vita game?

For the last several months, my almost 2 year old has been fascinated with the PS4 controller. He'd carry it around the living room. I usually don't play until he's in bed, so he didn't really know what to do with it. Except to hold it against his head like it's a phone. He woke up 40 minutes early this morning. Instead of putting on Sesame Street for the too-manyith time, I fired up the PS4 Pro to show him what the controller was for. It's been too long since I've played a Wipeout, so I wasn't very good, but Miles was entranced. He sat in my lap drinking milk and alternating between the screen, the controller, and me with the biggest smile on his face. I let him have a lap, but it didn't go too well. I think he's in.

Daughter is 4 and is the same with my Xbox One controller and Switch. Sorted Mario Kart for her and she loved it. Recommended for the auto Steer

That's super cool. I don't have kids, but it's always awesome to watch them when they first get to experience these foundational games and experiences and get mesmerized. Sat with my SO's young cousin to play LBP3 the other day, she had a blast.

It's always a nice reminder of how magical these things - things that we almost take for granted - can be.

That's wonderful; I've got a big grin on my face just reading this. Wipeout was a bit of a gateway drug for me as well when I was a little one, so I'm happy to see that legacy persist :)

Tizoc

you dissin on sesame street?

Looks really good

Yeah, I came here to say I'm BLOWN AWAY by how much of an INCREDIBLE job the team have done in remastering these games. They look fucking gorgeous and I've had a huge grin on my face just looking at all the little details on the ships, admiring all the previously obscured side details in track previews ('Oh cool, there's a volcano billowing smoke in the background of Vineta K!' etc). Just. Amazing job, I couldn't be happier.

Has anyone else had a chance to look at the digital art book? Because two questions:

1: Who do I have to pay to make that storyboarded cinematic a reality, and how much?

2: Why didn't they include the Pulse intro?

Also we seriously need an option for no HUD, this game is such a looker.

Rated-G

Is there a photo mode in this game?

I'd hope so, the PS3 version was one of the first games I played with a robust photomode, and I think pretty much set the precedent for a lot of games with it since.

Btw does the collection have the awesome intro from Wipeout 2048? I know Louder isn't in the soundtrack so it's probably a long shot... but seeing that on a big tv with surround sound would be so cool.

Edit: Also has anyone confirmed if you still get the music playback tweaks from tunnels, damage, and drops when using Spotify? I know Media Player was confirmed already, but I never saw an answer about Spotify.

There is, at least, I noticed at the end of the race. But weirdly enough, I can't figure out how to hide the UI elements (trackpad only seems to get rid of some).

Same, and - unless I missed something - it seems like there are far fewer image tweaking options than in PS3 HD/Fury. Maybe a limitation due to the resolution or 2048 content.

I'd hope so, the PS3 version was one of the first games I played with a robust photomode, and I think pretty much set the precedent for a lot of games with it since.

Btw does the collection have the awesome intro from Wipeout 2048? I know Louder isn't in the soundtrack so it's probably a long shot... but seeing that on a big tv with surround sound would be so cool.

Edit: Also has anyone confirmed if you still get the music playback tweaks from tunnels, damage, and drops when using Spotify? I know Media Player was confirmed already, but I never saw an answer about Spotify.

Photo mode is there, intro of 2048 isn't (I know :( ) but it DOES appear in the digital edition's 'art book' along with Pure's. If that's any consolation :p My friend said he was only getting this if he could play Louder when he was racing, so he's using the media player haha.

I'll check if sound FX are present with Spotify, I doubt it though.

EDIT: Spotify music does NOT get altered, no.

Greenymac

The real question is whether the song and intro video to 2048 are still in the game. That was my fave intro out of almost any game I can remember!

Edit: Didn't realize someone just mentioned this a couple posts previous!

Rated-G

Photo mode is there, intro of 2048 isn't (I know :( ) but it DOES appear in the digital edition's 'art book' along with Pure's. If that's any consolation :p My friend said he was only getting this if he could play Louder when he was racing, so he's using the media player haha.

I'll check if sound FX are present with Spotify, I doubt it though.

Or at the very least, track visualization FX in Zone mode. Thank you!

Edit: Damn, that's pretty lame... not surprising I guess. The PS3 version had some incredible custom soundtrack integration. Guess I'll be going strictly media player.

Also I highly recommend playing Inner Universe by Origa while playing Zone. I've done it since Pure and it makes me completely zone out and I usually get my highest scores this way, YMMV obviously, but that song definitely gets me into a zen like state. Especially on Anulpha Pass and Moa Therma.

Is Spotify the only way to play custom music? This is the first PS4 game where I've wanted to. Not paying for Spotify, though, I'm invested in the Google ecosystem.

angelic

Banned
Is Spotify the only way to play custom music? This is the first PS4 game where I've wanted to. Not paying for Spotify, though, I'm invested in the Google ecosystem.

spotifys free and built in to the ps button menu, you just get an ad every 15-20 minutes.

Daffy Duck

I need to make a custom playlist for this game on Spotify as a wipeout game for me (as a fan of 1 and 2097) will require the instrumental version of Firestarter

BeeDog

Anyone else order from Game UK? I ordered the steekbook, but they seem to have removed all references to it from the site?

Yeah, waiting for my copy to arrive. Noticed the same thing, so sent a support ticket to GAME yesterday just to make sure. Still haven't received an answer.

nemisis0

Did anyone ever get the team themes from shopto? I got the game from them already but never got any code or anything

Order removed the dlc part from my invoice so it seems like they are not doing them and decided to leave it to the last minute when it was clearly advertised in the game page on the site and email. Really disappointed

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Forgot you have to manually set the campaign difficulty to Elite in HD. Glad I caught that early so I only had to redo the 1st set of events.

Yes. It does not have traditional mp3 custom playlist like the ps3 version had so you have to use Spotify. I'm just gonna try to set up my phone in front of the tv to play music, but for now I'm still not tired of the vanilla music tracks that come with the game.

It's not plain at all its actually shiney and looks really cool

Not only that but its even reversible for those who want one without the console logo.

Feels so good to play wipeout again. It looks and plays amazing. Best 40 dollars spent in awhile

Preach. This game is better than pizza and thats saying a lot.

Are we putting together a AG Pilot Union for PSN? I like the idea of a comprehensive list of gaf pilots, ship and region for organising online play.

PaulLFC

My copy from ShopTo arrived :D

A nice surprise when I got home, since it was showing as not dispatched late last night and I don't remember seeing a dispatch email, so I wasn't expecting it until tomorrow at the earliest.

The steelbook is great and I love the slipcase. Just finished my first race and it looks amazing - I can't believe how well they've done with the 2048 content to get it looking this good in 4K, really great job by the teams.

Has anyone who ordered from ShopTo received the themes DLC? I checked the DLC/Codes section of my account on the site and they aren't listed there. I assume maybe they're only sending the code on launch day which is officially tomorrow.

Extra info on the PS4 Pro enhancements.

5agHIPz.png

Was going to wait awhile until it went on sale, because I have so much to play right now. Went to Best Buy to get Beauty and the Beast Steelbook (shut up), and saw it and it broke my will. Can't wait to play this shit tonight.

So does the 2048 campaign hold up visually to HD and Fury? Its the only one I've not played and hoping for some fresh eye candy; or does it look like a vita game?

They've certainly added a lot of polish and sparkle, and it's great to see it at 60fps. I think the Vita roots definitely show though, particularly in the trackside geometry. Unfortunately that was the only part that had downloaded last night before I had to hit the hay, so will be able to do a more valid comparison tonight.

Ernest

Banned
Was gonna get it digitally, but that steelbook is too sexy to pass up.

Is the steelbook exclusive or something, or can I buy it at any store?

Top Bottom