• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WipEout Omega Collection |OT| Out of CoLD SToRAGE

kromeo

My TV's gone up to max backlight automatically so I'm guessing the game has always on HDR? there's no mention of it in options

Rellik

My copy from ShopTo arrived :D

A nice surprise when I got home, since it was showing as not dispatched late last night and I don't remember seeing a dispatch email, so I wasn't expecting it until tomorrow at the earliest.

The steelbook is great and I love the slipcase. Just finished my first race and it looks amazing - I can't believe how well they've done with the 2048 content to get it looking this good in 4K, really great job by the teams.

Has anyone who ordered from ShopTo received the themes DLC? I checked the DLC/Codes section of my account on the site and they aren't listed there. I assume maybe they're only sending the code on launch day which is officially tomorrow.

I haven't got the themes yet either. I'm under the same assumption and expecting them tomorrow.

DirtyLarry

My copy is on it's way from Amazon.
I am ready. One of my favorite series ever pretty much. In fact I am kind of regretting not just getting it digitally, but that $8 off was too much to pass on especially since it is only $40 to begin with.
Looking forward to taking a break from BOTW, it is all I have played since I got my Switch, and Wipeout is a perfect game to do so.

EDIT - I know it is not ShopTo, but I did get my code for the themes from Amazon early this morning.

Daffy Duck

I am ready.....

iUmf0QU.jpg

robotrock

Banned
Goddamn this remaster is top notch. Just played a whole lot of the HD campaign and it looks so so good. Playing on a standard PS4 and the improvements are incredibly noticeable as someone who still has a PS3 hooked up to play Wipeout.

The motion blur looks fresh as heck. Also love the sound changes they've made.

What's the difference between two versions of ships in Wipeout HD. Stats are obvious one, is there anything else besides that? Will AI race the oldschool ones as well if I choose one or do I handicap myself by doing so? Sorry, last Wipeout I played was 3 and it was a long time ago :)

Curufinwe

My TV's gone up to max backlight automatically so I'm guessing the game has always on HDR? there's no mention of it in options

It does have HDR, yes. On my Sony X900E, when you are watching a source using HDR and you go into the Picture Options there is a little HDR box in the top right corner. And, of course, the brightness goes up to max.

Unknown?

- 2160 Checker Board resolution with Motion Blur set to on
- Native 4K resolution with Motion Blur set to off

So these are the differences? I know CB looks almost exactly like native and it's hard to tell a difference side by side. Has anyone tested out these two modes to see which one looks better? I'd imagine the motion blur would help it appear much faster.

Curufinwe

There is a trophy for getting eliminated in a race on Novice difficulty but when I just crashed into the walls to blow myself up it didn't pop.

There is a trophy for getting eliminated in a race on Novice difficulty but when I just crashed into the walls to blow myself up it didn't pop.

This post made me laugh haha

I guess they need you to be skilled enough to get killed by an actual opponent and not your environment lol

JamboGT

I guess to start with use an Icaras, use up all your health on lap 1 then try to let them kill you over the next two laps!

Shin-Ra

Are the games completely separate or can I say select a track from the entire list when playing multiplayer all in one place/menu etc?
In a multiplayer lobby, the 'host' can change the track to any of the full HD FURY and 2048 selection.

I was surprised to get the normal case, just expected the steelbook and slip case

DDD1AF5B-0CC8-47EC-9F79-3521C62EC88C_zps090ang3j.jpg
I'd be more surprised if they made separate SKUs with and without the PSone card slipcase.

robotrock

Banned
So these are the differences? I know CB looks almost exactly like native and it's hard to tell a difference side by side. Has anyone tested out these two modes to see which one looks better? I'd imagine the motion blur would help it appear much faster.

I reaaaaaaaaaallly like the motion blur.

oldmario

I'd hope so, the PS3 version was one of the first games I played with a robust photomode, and I think pretty much set the precedent for a lot of games with it since.

Btw does the collection have the awesome intro from Wipeout 2048? I know Louder isn't in the soundtrack so it's probably a long shot... but seeing that on a big tv with surround sound would be so cool.

Edit: Also has anyone confirmed if you still get the music playback tweaks from tunnels, damage, and drops when using Spotify? I know Media Player was confirmed already, but I never saw an answer about Spotify.

have been using media player whilst in the game, music doesn't do anything that reacts with the game

Deimo5

I'm 6th in the world for Syncopia zone mode, it's all downhill from here lol. Benefits of early time zones.
Btw they definitely changed the colour palettes for the zones now.

Tomeru

So first place on campaign HD in zone on vkay is 80zones, while no2 is 54. Are glitches back or is getting 80 possible on vkay? Can't remember how it used to be...

The Feisar theme with black text drop shadow is dope, the logo reminds me of GAF too. Only complaint is the kinda ugly orange-yellow color when navigating sub-menus. Gonna go run some errands then finally play.

comatsu

Not sure if this is the right place - but anyone still have their ps3 hooked up and want to go for the bling brigade trophy?

We would need 8 people who already have the shiny campaign skins.

pm me if you're interested

My omega has not even shipped yet from amazon.co.uk - don't they usually ship them out a few days before release?

Weirdly, my ShopTo order has shipped, but the email invoice doesn't show a shipping charge even though it's supposed to be seven pounds to ship to Canada. Expected?

That photo of the retro sleeve on top of a 20th Anniversary PS4 is sweet.

Koopatrol

So first place on campaign HD in zone on vkay is 80zones, while no2 is 54. Are glitches back or is getting 80 possible on vkay? Can't remember how it used to be...

On Vineta K? If his name is feisar2097, I'll believe it. I've seen some videos of him on YouTube and he's super good at Wipeout.

jacobs34

I'd love to pick this up, but I'm not sure I can justify $40 on a remaster. If I had a 4K TV I would be all over this though. Hopefully this shows up on PS+ before the end of the year.

Top Bottom