• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm |OT| of Who the hell is Deathwing, anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sebulon3k said:
Got my collectors edition pre ordered, too bad I'm gonna lose all my achievements from my main, peace out Invincible, it was fun riding you :lol

Re rolling new mains sucks :(
Why are you rolling a new main?

Magnus

Dos questions:

1. Outside of combat, are there any limitations to Worgen characters remaining human or worgen for as long as they please? I figure I might race-change just to have the option to look how I want outside of dungeons. :D And let's face it, the transformation looks cool, and I'm already human now on my main. But man, I don't wanna give up the rep gain boost on humans. I hate rep so much, I want to minimize that pain as much as possible.

2. What happened to racials being boosted/changed for all the other races? :(

Can't wait! I have my shit installed and ready. The Collector's Edition stuff is nice. There's clearly a lot of new Cataclysm music missing off the soundtrack CD, but whatever. The DVD menus are kind of garbage, and a few things are missing, like some of the content patch trailers from WotlK (no 3.1 or 3.2 to be seen :(), but the content's good otherwise.

Why oh why did Metzen insist on being the voice of Deathwing. Thrall 3.0. He has to stop being major story characters, no matter how good his voice is. It's fucking distracting.

Evlar

Banned
dave is ok said:
The lost continent of Southrend!
Don't laugh: If you take the Pandaren lore seriously there's at least one more continent/island we haven't encountered. Not southerly, though... presumably west of Kalimdor.
Magnus said:
Why oh why did Metzen insist on being the voice of Deathwing. Thrall 3.0. He has to stop being major story characters, no matter how good his voice is. It's fucking distracting.
Metzen doesn't voice Deathwing, per a Blizzcon panel Q&A.

Einbroch

Banned
Sebulon3k said:
Got my collectors edition pre ordered, too bad I'm gonna lose all my achievements from my main, peace out Invincible, it was fun riding you :lol

Re rolling new mains sucks :(
Why not just do a race/faction/whatever transfer?

so umm I accidently bought two copies of the Collector's Edition. Should I just hang on to one and ebay it in like a year for big bucks? Or try and sell it early on or just return it. hmm.

Takuan

MrPing1000 said:
so umm I accidently bought two copies of the Collector's Edition. Should I just hang on to one and ebay it in like a year for big bucks? Or try and sell it early on or just return it. hmm.
They're all but guaranteed to rise in value, but I don't know what your definition of "big bucks" is. If you're looking for a 100% return, you'll probably be waiting a while. Even then, I don't know who actually buys the BC/WOTLK CEs selling at ridiculous prices on eBay.

MrPing1000 said:
hold onto it for two or three years and make bux

JWong said:
No. Haven't been since Burning Crusade.

The only rare CE is the original, which I shelled out $600 for.
You're shitting me! The original CE is worth $600?!

I've had a copy since day one and would be "complete" with exception of the redeemed pet on my account and the CD-ROM install discs, I loaned them to a college buddy and never got them back.

Evlar

Banned
Won said:
"He sounds like me! Awesome! Let's hire that guy!"
That was exactly the thought going through my head at the time. :lol
Reluctant-Hero said:
You're shitting me! The original CE is worth $600?!

I've had a copy since day one and would be "complete" with exception of the redeemed pet on my account and the CD-ROM install discs, I loaned them to a college buddy and never got them back.
I think the pets are at least two-thirds of the value. Harder to "impress" complete strangers with a nice box and art book collecting dust on your shelf.

Takuan said:
They're all but guaranteed to rise in value, but I don't know what your definition of "big bucks" is. If you're looking for a 100% return, you'll probably be waiting a while. Even then, I don't know who actually buys the BC/WOTLK CEs selling at ridiculous prices on eBay.

there are insane pet collectors that will pay any price for those stupid noncombat pets. Made 1.5k gold selling that baby raptor out of ZG.

Takuan said:
I'd actually like to pic up the BC & LK collector sets just so I have all four boxes. I'm fine with buying then used as long as their complete and in great shape.

Aesthet1c

Are people honestly paying big money for CE's that have already been opened, and the cd key used? If that's the case, I got my Vanilla CE just chilling in my closet that I wouldn't mind making a few hundred bucks off of :D

Phenomic

The first major part of the WoW evolution that I won't be apart of and needless to say I have mixed feelings about that. I really want to see Azeroth in all it's new splendor but I can't justify spending like 800 bucks to build a nice computer to get it up and running. Rated BG's seem like fun too alas, oh well.

Im looking to sell a TBC CE sealed at a reasonable price if anyone is looking for one. Bought 2 by accident at launch (don't ask) and just recently found it lying around.

Phenomic said:
The first major part of the WoW evolution that I won't be apart of and needless to say I have mixed feelings about that. I really want to see Azeroth in all it's new splendor but I can't justify spending like 800 bucks to build a nice computer to get it up and running. Rated BG's seem like fun too alas, oh well.

Why would you need to spend this much?
There wasn't really any minimum requirement upgrades to Cata.
Just a higher high setting.

Aesthet1c said:
Are people honestly paying big money for CE's that have already been opened, and the cd key used? If that's the case, I got my Vanilla CE just chilling in my closet that I wouldn't mind making a few hundred bucks off of :D
Jazzy Network said:
Im looking to sell a TBC CE sealed at a reasonable price if anyone is looking for one. Bought 2 by accident at launch (don't ask) and just recently found it lying around.
I'd pay $30 just for the art books :D

J-Rzez

So, after busting my balls about the dance studio, and how no one cares about dances, there's links to each race's dance vids? :p

Great job on the OT though!

notworksafe said:
The dance vids are just for you, actually. :D

Awwww... :*)

notworksafe

J-Rzez said:
So, after busting my balls about the dance studio, and how no one cares about dances, there's links to each race's dance vids? :p

Great job on the OT though!
The dance vids are just for you, actually. :D

Is anyone willing to part with their WotLK CE mousepad for a reasonable sum? Mine is lost and I lose my fucking mind every time I look at my CE's and think about that one missing piece. :mad:

Magnus said:
Dos questions:

1. Outside of combat, are there any limitations to Worgen characters remaining human or worgen for as long as they please? I figure I might race-change just to have the option to look how I want outside of dungeons. :D And let's face it, the transformation looks cool, and I'm already human now on my main. But man, I don't wanna give up the rep gain boost on humans. I hate rep so much, I want to minimize that pain as much as possible.

You can be human outside of combat, as far as rep you don't get the human racials just because you're in human form. You're still going to have Worgen racials...so rep grinding...welcome to it.

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
Anyone encounter problems with their digital purchase for cataclysm? I've tried 3 times on battle.net and it says it encounters a problem.

Tamanon

Banned
mikespit1200 said:
Anyone encounter problems with their digital purchase for cataclysm? I've tried 3 times on battle.net and it says it encounters a problem.

Just upgraded last night and it went through rather seamlessly.

Soule

mikespit1200 said:
I did, it turned out it was my card though even though my online banking showed ok. Just transferred more money onto it and it went through fine like an hour or 2 later.

Phenomic said:

Rated BGs sound damn fun to me, too. Guild's SUPAH pumped for that, was a major reason a number return who left because of Wrath.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Ferrio said:
-Emerald dream.
-Titan stuff could (and should!) be a whole expansion
great sea? perhaps the kingdom of pandera and surrounding islands.

GDJustin said:
If someone wants to send me a scroll of resurrection, my email is gdjustin at gmail.com. I have a WotLK account which isn't supposed to work, but others are reporting it DID work on their LK account.

So worth a shot, at least.
i'm still on a LK account and it worked for me.

ultron87 said:
When you're in the first Outland zone and the ground starts shaking you should run away. Just a tip.
godzilla?
reaver?

DSN2K

decided go for a stroll round Stormwind this morning while its quiet...My last hurrah before I delete the trial...game looks like a bloody Painting at times...I love Blizzard but Im done with WoW for one lifetime. :D

WoW-2010-12-04-07-52-16-59.jpg

WoW-2010-12-04-07-53-41-93.jpg

WoW-2010-12-04-07-55-44-61.jpg

Arsin

While this is not about Cataclysm content, patch 4.0.3a, I felt like it should be said here so anyone who is still on the fence about picking this up can see it. I just got done questing through Silverpine Froest and I have to say that was some of the most fun I have ever had playing WoW, or any story driven game. It is crazy to see just how much Blizzard has grown as a developer in these past few years. Everything has been worked out so well in this zone the player is able to experience the content without having any kind of tedium involved. Quests are grouped extremely well, some will even update without the player having to go back into town. Also, the zone truly makes the player feel like a hero. When a a player first enters the zone he/she hears about the Banshee Queen and how she is actually fighting at the front lines. The player is rewarded for finishing quests by being introduced to Sylvanas and from there the player works hand in hand with her to secure Silverpine. All that to say, this is by far some of the best story telling I have ever experienced. Blizzard has out done themselves and I can not wait to see what lies in store for my high level characters. I hope to see you all flying around Azeroth. :D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
DSN2K, why bro?

Swag

The Lamonster said:
Why are you rolling a new main?

I kinda wanna play a new class / and also wanna do Goblin, don't have the mindset to MT again in Cata like I did in WOTLK. Doing something a bit easier like Priest.

However it's going to be hard to throw away all those mounts / achievements. Maybe I'll revisit it later

Sai-kun

Banned
Arsin said:
While this is not about Cataclysm content, patch 4.0.3a, I felt like it should be said here so anyone who is still on the fence about picking this up can see it. I just got done questing through Silverpine Froest and I have to say that was some of the most fun I have ever had playing WoW, or any story driven game. It is crazy to see just how much Blizzard has grown as a developer in these past few years. Everything has been worked out so well in this zone the player is able to experience the content without having any kind of tedium involved. Quests are grouped extremely well, some will even update without the player having to go back into town. Also, the zone truly makes the player feel like a hero. When a a player first enters the zone he/she hears about the Banshee Queen and how she is actually fighting at the front lines. The player is rewarded for finishing quests by being introduced to Sylvanas and from there the player works hand in hand with her to secure Silverpine. All that to say, this is by far some of the best story telling I have ever experienced. Blizzard has out done themselves and I can not wait to see what lies in store for my high level characters. I hope to see you all flying around Azeroth. :D

Questing flows SO much better now. I asked my guild a couple time where I should go next, but then realized the last couple quests would guide me to the correct quest hub. So it's pretty seamless going from one area to the next. No boring long walks to MAYBE find a new questing hub.

Abylim

I cant wait to get back into it. I am the only rogue in my raiding guild(for some reason rogues have really dropped in popularity) and I'm loving the new atmosphere.

Looking forward to getting to 85 and seeing what it's in store. I quit off and on, been playing since early '05. I just always seem to come back to it! I don't get how some people (my brother in law, for example) can play this game 10 hours a day for 5 years hehe. He skips work to play this, STILL!

Oddly enough, he took a week off when WotLK hit. I didnt. I beat him to 80 anyways =P

SUPARSTARX

Sebulon3k said:
I kinda wanna play a new class / and also wanna do Goblin, don't have the mindset to MT again in Cata like I did in WOTLK. Doing something a bit easier like Priest.

However it's going to be hard to throw away all those mounts / achievements. Maybe I'll revisit it later
Play a paladin!

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Anyone have a list of recommended Mods to use? I'm going to start playing again for the first time in four years.

I'm not sure whether I want to play a hunter again or play another class.

Raide

Trojita said:
Anyone have a list of recommended Mods to use? I'm going to start playing again for the first time in four years.

Titan Bar and Recount as a starter, Deadly Boss Mods if you are going raiding. With so many patches currently, some of these add-ons get outdated really quickly, so bare that in mind.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Trojita said:

i use bartender, recount, bagon, quartz, tiptac and ace3

I'd also suggest Rating's Buster.
It's much more detailed than the in game system.
It'll tell you what you're gaining/losing on an item, including with enchants and gems.
X-Perl is a great unit frame add on, and Tidy Plates makes visible health bars much cleaner.
Omen is also a nice mod, especially if you're a tank or DPS.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Still leveling my feral Druid and having fun. Will start a goblin hunter day one so we'll have to see how feral holds up to hunter for excitement. Troll Druid is only 30 so it wouldn't be tragic to shelf him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom