• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrestlemania XXX Week |OT| We are all legit shook

Are you legit shook?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chogidogs

I'm actually glad he ended the streak. It puts no pressure on Sting. Perfect scenario on this is Taker announces his retirement on raw and Sting says he needs to do one more match with him. Win or lose we get a historic match not pressured by any external factors.

Edit: ending the streak with Brock is fine. That just means a win against Brock on Mania would mean alot more since he's the one that is carrying all the cards now. Seriously, a win against a monster Brock would mean a lot more than an old Taker

tumblr_n3n3mgdHJ31rjnkkoo1_400.png

Funny thing is, I was gonna order the WWE network and cancel that shit for it being shitty. This getting free WM but I didn't feel like it.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Bryan chasing the title was getting stupid though. I'm glad it is over because it dragged on for at least a couple of months too long.

Box ticked, time to move on now, most likely with him taking on Cena again. Remember, you can only fight Cena when you have beaten Cena and since Bryan won last time he has earned the right to get buried.

Doing anything besides Bryan vs Lesnar is a bad call. That's amazing feud with amazing matches waiting to happen. Let Cena stay in the mid card for a bit.

Hex

Banned
Just a thing, I am really REALLY hoping that they do not use it...
but because of ring positioning Batista's foot was technically under the ropes a bit.
Just throwing it out there, because he actually kicked the rope slightly and had to pull back a bit.

I doubt anyone other than the McMahons and the agent for the match knew the finish. You don't want that one getting out anywhere.

Plus it seems a lot more likely that he wanted to give the honor to one guy who had the guts to walk out in a way of sticking it to the recent guy who had the guts to walk out.

FyreWulff

The important thing is Lesnar can now give the rub of someone beating the guy that ended the streak. He's trustworthy and ain't afraid of jobbing.

Hasney

I'm kind of glad it gets the streak monkey off Manias back though.

If they have signed Sting, I wonder what he's going to do. I never got why he should face Taker anyway, so I'm curious to see who they have him against.

Ithil

I'm actually glad he ended the streak. It puts no pressure on Sting. Perfect scenario on this is Taker announces his retirement on raw and Sting says he needs to do one more match with him. Win or lose we get a historic match not pressured by any external factors.

That would be interesting, alright. You wouldn't know who would win that match, given it's Taker's last match, but also Sting's ONLY match in WWE.

If you have to end the streak it sort of makes sense giving it to someone who it's not going to damage. If you give it to say, Reigns next year, there's a strong chance the fan just turns on him. Ofc, you don't have to end the streak though.

I don't see fans turning on Lesnar. In fact, I think this gives him a bit of a pop. It's an honour to be the man to end the streak.

I'm just shock that it ended up being Brock but it's the best way it could have happened. Not to someone who would have had a legit chance but to someone we all thought was going to lose.

Agent X

I'll give a rundown of Mania:

Pre-show Tag Team match - It took a little while to gain steam, but the last half was pretty awesome especially the Cesaro babyface turn.
Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H - Easily the match of the night. Great match overall.
Shield vs. Old Guys - It sucked outside of the final Outlaw spot with the Shield. I'm kind of glad it was a squash though cause I hate seeing old guys like this taking up any airtime.
Battle Royale - Had some good spots, but was meh overall and I don't like this as a yearly event. Cesaro getting the win was great, though.
Wyatt vs. Cena - Despite being rather limited I thought this match on a psychology level and storytelling level was fantastic, then Cena won the match...
Undertaker vs. Lesnar - Honestly, this match sucked and is probably the worst of the matches on the entire show outside of the short Shield match. At least the Diva's match had a cool spot. However on a storytelling level, the end was just so shocking and will go down forever in wrestling history as one of the most shocking moments ever. For that I will say it deserves that credit, plus the match being awful was more Undertaker not being able to go than Brock being gassed out, so it's understandable why Undertaker decided to end his career here.
Diva's match - Had some cool spots I guess so it wasn't that bad. I just rather have had this be a real one-on-one match with some type of build. The Andre Battle Royale had more build than this crap.
Orton vs. Batistia vs. Bryan - Kind of started out badly cause of how dead the crowd was about Taker, but picked up steam once Triple H got involved. It actually turned out to be one of the best matches on the show, and you could even argue that on a level of storytelling and having iconic moments, this is just as good if not better than Triple H vs. Daniel Bryan. Overall, great moment for Daniel Bryan.

I kind of feel a lot of stuff here is rubbing salt in CM Punk's wound, but I'm ok with that, because this Mania was overall a great show outside of the lack of a real Shield match and Cenawinslol. Great stuff.

I generally agree with this assessment. Just a few thoughts that I'd to add:

1. I wish The Shield had a better match to showcase their skills on "the grandest stage of them all".

2. Great night for both Daniel Bryan and Cesaro. I liked what they were doing with Bryan vs. Triple H, and Cesaro's victory in the battle royale (tossing out Big Show) was fitting with the theme, in that it kind of evoked Hogan vs. Andre at WrestleMania 3.

3. Bray Wyatt vs. John Cena: I definitely enjoyed the storytelling in this match. One of my friends called me on the phone to say how he thought the match sucked, but I liked the direction they went with Wyatt egging on Cena, and Cena toeing the line of doing something villainous. A bit reminiscent of Kane with "embrace the hate" a couple of years ago.

4. The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar...oh, man. I could go on for a while here. This was clearly one of the most surprising and shocking things I have ever witnessed in almost three decades of watching wres...I mean, "sports entertainment". After the initial shock subsided, I came to the conclusion that I don't really have a problem with The Undertaker's winning streak coming to an end. I can accept that. I just really wish that it occurred with a "better" match.

There were definitely some high points and some low points, but overall I enjoyed it.

Mengetsu

Retire now?

WWE.com is reporting that Billy Gunn sustained hemoptysis after taking the powerbomb from The Shield at WrestleMania tonight. WWE physician Dr. Chris Amann said that Gunn will be monitored closely tonight, and they will provide more updates as they become available.
"At the very end of the match, Billy sustained a powerbomb maneuver," said Amann. "After that maneuver, he started to develop hemoptysis, which is the medical term for coughing up blood.

"We brought him back and evaluated him immediately, checked his oxygen, his blood pressure … everything was stable," Amann continued. "We got some X-rays of his chest, which did not show any evidence of a collapsed lung, so our diagnosis right now is that he most likely ruptured a small blood vessel that caused bleeding to the airways and, subsequently, coughing up blood."

If Taker knew it was his last go I wish he would have done it against someone who could use the rub. I mean, I don't get losing to Brock, I just don't.
It's pretty clear I think undertaker hand picked Brock to lose to. The loss was rumored tears ago but just happened now. Who knows why he picked Brockbut vince wwasn't going to say no. Probably because Taker is a huge mma fan.

hlhbk

I sure hope when HHH comes out tomorrow he gets a "you still got it" chant. The dude hasn't wrestled in over a year and was really great tonight.

Chamber

love on your sleeve

How bad would a Sting/Taker match actually be at this point? Undertaker is straight up done judging by tonight and Sting has looked like shit for years.

I love Sting, I do want him see in the WWE and get the Hall of Fame rub but that match would be awful.

This was best case scenario. If sting would've went into a match with him while he held the streak then there was a 100% chance of him losing probably his only match in wwe. (If he does show up tomorrow)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The Undertaker match being so poor is entirely on Undertaker, and it's his fault and the WWE's fault. He should have went out years ago in a blaze of glory. Instead, they kept putting him out there. And every year he got worse until it finally got to the point that it was too late, and you got that quality of a match.

Looked like Brock was beating up his grandpa.

Sephzilla

I'm still legit shook.

Taker losing to Brock makes absolutely no sense to me. It makes no sense to have Taker lose to a part-timer who's lost more matches than he's won pretty much since coming back. Brock wasn't built up at all to be a threat to Undertaker, and Undertaker's moment afterwards wasn't thought out or designed well at all.

Brock gets nothing from beating the Streak and all it ultimately does is damage Undertaker. Honestly, if I was Sting I'd reconsider signing with WWE now since his requested last match has now been made completely pointless. The Streak should have gone to someone who deserved the rub.

How bad would a Sting/Taker match actually be at this point? Undertaker is straight up done judging by tonight and Sting has looked like shit for years.

If they were fighting for the streak? Pretty damn bad.

But now? They could just put on a nice match, hit all their spots and leave the crowd happy.

XenoRaven

The ending of the Taker match justified the whole thing to me. I could be reading too much into it, but the whole point of the match was just to say "The man isn't magic, he is old, and he can't do it anymore." That match would have been terrible if Taker won. But to me, the ending just made the match retroactively good.

Anth0ny

Lesnar's record since comeback:

LOSS to John Cena in first match back
WIN against HHH at summer slam
LOSS to HHH at wrestlemania
WIN against HHH at b-ppv
WIN against CM Punk at summer slam
WIN nothing match against big shoe

BREAK THE FUCKING STREAK

Hasney

Edit: ending the streak with Brock is fine. That just means a win against Brock on Mania would mean alot more since he's the one that is carrying all the cards now. Seriously, a win against a monster Brock would mean a lot more than an old Taker

No, that is not in any way a perfect scenario. Have you seen Sting and Takers last matches? It would end up like Bret V Vince a year from now.

Toki767

I'm still legit shook.

Taker losing to Brock makes absolutely no sense to me. It makes no sense to have Taker lose to a part-timer who's lost more matches than he's won pretty much since coming back. Brock wasn't built up at all to be a threat to Undertaker, and Undertaker's moment afterwards wasn't thought out or designed well at all.

Brock gets nothing from beating the Streak and all it ultimately does is damage Undertaker. Honestly, if I was Sting I'd reconsider signing with WWE now since his requested last match has now been made completely pointless. The Streak should have gone to someone who deserved the rub.

The only other choices this year were Bryan, who Undertaker requested, and Reigns, who probably would have gotten nuclear heat and the hardcore fans would reject him from here on out.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm still legit shook.

Beating the Undertaker does not give you a 'rub'. It gives you an albatross for the rest of your wrestling career. An albatross that a part-timer who will probably go back to UFC can carry. Then Daniel Bryan can beat him and 'avenge' The Undertaker.

No one would have gained anything from pinning hte Undertaker. Brock is the closest thing they've got because he's got that transitional ability, and he's used to people hating him.

Predictions for tomorrow night:

1. Bray Wyatt becomes this year's Daniel Bryan/Fandango, as the fans do the "Whole world in his hands thing" all night.

2. Daniel Bryan gets his celebration, only for HHH to come out and ask him "What have you really won?", before announcing Lesnar as the new #1 contender who gets the shot at Extreme Rules, who then proceeds to beat the shit out of Bryan.

3. Undertaker gets his Ric Flair and HBK "Leave the memories alone" moment, as he breaks character, says his name is Mark Calloway, and announces his retirement, and that while the streak is dead and his career is over, the legacy of the Undertaker will never die.

I don't think Sting will make his debut tomorrow. With all the fallout from tonight, shoehorning him in there just doesn't make any sense.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
I'm still legit shook.

Beating the streak destroys the first bit to pieces.

It makes him the biggest monster heel that he should be.

hlhbk

The Undertaker match being so poor is entirely on Undertaker, and it's his fault and the WWE's fault. He should have went out years ago in a blaze of glory. Instead, they kept putting him out there. And every year he got worse until it finally got to the point that it was too late, and you got that quality of a match.

Looked like Brock was beating up his grandpa.

I said it during the match and I still say it now. Brock and Taker both need guys that can carry them and make them look like monsters. This is why booking Taker against HHH, HBK, and CM Punk worked. Brock Vs Taker was never going to be good unless this was Taker from the 90's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom