• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrestlemania XXX Week |OT| We are all legit shook

Are you legit shook?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The ending of the Taker match justified the whole thing to me. I could be reading too much into it, but the whole point of the match was just to say "The man isn't magic, he is old, and he can't do it anymore." That match would have been terrible if Taker won. But to me, the ending just made the match retroactively good.

Agree with this. Ending made the psychology of the match make so much more sense.

chogidogs

How bad would a Sting/Taker match actually be at this point? Undertaker is straight up done judging by tonight and Sting has looked like shit for years.

I love Sting, I do want him see in the WWE and get the Hall of Fame rub but that match would be awful.

He obviously wants it to happen. Taker probably wants it too. Sure they're old guys but they have one year to prepare. I'm sure they'll come up with something interesting atleast. Seriously, if you knew this was your last match, against someone who probably thinks it's his last match as well. Given all the time and promos they need to prep. It makes me very very very vey excited. Nothing to lose!

Sephzilla

Beating the Undertaker does not give you a 'rub'. It gives you an albatross for the rest of your wrestling career. An albatross that a part-timer who will probably go back to UFC can carry. Then Daniel Bryan can beat him and 'avenge' The Undertaker.

No one would have gained anything from pinning hte Undertaker. Brock is the closest thing they've got because he's got that transitional ability, and he's used to people hating him.

If you aren't going to give The Streak to anyone who can do something with it, then don't end the streak at all. Giving The Streak to a part-timer who will likely bolt again for UFC demeans the streak a lot if you ask me.

what relationship does kane have with undertaker in the story at the minute? I'm a dirty casual who only watches the three biggest ppvs and raw after wrestlemania so wouldn't know.

thought he might've come out to 'console' taker after the match or something thay.

Hasney

I said it during the match and I still say it now. Brock and Taker both need guys that can carry them and make them look like monsters. This is why booking Taker against HHH, HBK, and CM Punk worked. Brock Vs Taker was never going to be good unless this was Taker from the 90's.

Brock's still great on his own merits, he just couldn't bring his usual intensity to Taker without breaking him.

hlhbk

Someone put the long version gif up

NewPhenomLesnar.gif

Based on Paul's reactions I don't think he knew the finish.

I'm still legit shook.

Taker losing to Brock makes absolutely no sense to me. It makes no sense to have Taker lose to a part-timer who's lost more matches than he's won pretty much since coming back. Brock wasn't built up at all to be a threat to Undertaker, and Undertaker's moment afterwards wasn't thought out or designed well at all.

Brock gets nothing from beating the Streak and all it ultimately does is damage Undertaker. Honestly, if I was Sting I'd reconsider signing with WWE now since his requested last match has now been made completely pointless. The Streak should have gone to someone who deserved the rub.

Won't say it didn't do anything for Lesnar, his stock just rose in WWE value. Wonder if he will use that in negotiations "I just beat Taker, you need me more than I need you." to Vince $$$$. Vince can't let him walk to any MMA promotion.

hlhbk

Brock's still great on his own merits, he just couldn't bring his usual intensity to Taker without breaking him.

I 100% disagree. Before he left and now that he is back I have never been impressed with Lesnar. Yeah he is a great athlete, yeah he has a good look, but if you stick him in there with someone as good as him or worse he can't carry anyone to a good match.

TAP OUT BATISTA
TAP OUT BATISTA
MIRACLE ON BOURBON STREET

Cole working on those soundbites lol.
Great ending. Bryan and Orton are gonna have a hard time moving tomorrow.

Hasney

Based on Paul's reactions I don't think he knew the finish.

Paul's great at what he does, so I'm still 50/50 on him knowing, but the outstretched arms after he hits the F5 kind of makes me think he didn't. It's like he's getting ready to grimace when Taker kicks out.

Sephzilla

And I know I've said this a few times but I need to continue saying it. Orton, Batista, and Bryan should all legitimately be pissed off because of the Brock/Taker match. Bryan's entire gimmick is having the crowd behind him, and they had to know that the end of the Taker match was going to absolutely murder the crowd the rest of the night.

Toki767

And I know I've said this a few times but I need to continue saying it. Orton, Batista, and Bryan should all legitimately be pissed off because of the Brock/Taker match. Bryan's entire gimmick is having the crowd behind him, and they had to know that the end of the Taker match was going to absolutely murder the crowd the rest of the night.

Unless they didn't know.

Ithil

I'm still legit shook.

Taker losing to Brock makes absolutely no sense to me. It makes no sense to have Taker lose to a part-timer who's lost more matches than he's won pretty much since coming back. Brock wasn't built up at all to be a threat to Undertaker, and Undertaker's moment afterwards wasn't thought out or designed well at all.

Brock gets nothing from beating the Streak and all it ultimately does is damage Undertaker. Honestly, if I was Sting I'd reconsider signing with WWE now since his requested last match has now been made completely pointless. The Streak should have gone to someone who deserved the rub.

Brock has lost two matches, won five.

Also, if you were Sting, you would give up presumably the WM payday, the introduction to the WWE fanbase, a HOF spot and a Legends contract, because you aren't guaranteed to lose your only WWE match ever? Sting would never have broken the Streak, but now that there is no Streak, what is stopping a match with Taker (a dream match for fans) happening and being on equal footing?

Orton has to be legit hurt after that bump. His back was bleeding a bit so he did hit the monitor. Give the guy some time off have him comeback later

RK9039

I 100% disagree. Before he left and now that he is back I have never been impressed with Lesnar. Yeah he is a great athlete, yeah he has a good look, but if you stick him in there with someone as good as him or worse he can't carry anyone to a good match.

He carried the match with Cena when he came back. The stuff this guy does, for his size, still amazes me. He's really quick.

This match was slow because Taker would literally snap in half. Bork had to take it easy on him.

What does Kane have anything to do with it? You just brought him up randomly. And how did Punk achieve more? Are you talking about championships? Wins? Who gives a shit about that? It's a fake sport. In terms of real matters (dollars), Kane likely drew more, like I said, that has more to do with him being in the AE than him being Kane.

The hell does Kane have to do with it?

Like I said friend I don't care much about Punk. However I couldn't just stand by with you besmirching his name whilst preaching the doctrine of that libertarian numpty Kane. Since we're basing this on literally nothing why don't you point out the time where Kane's merch sold as much as Punks with official stats, why don't you point out when crowds were constantly cheering for Kanes return when he had nothing to do with the match which was going on. Only I'm guessing you can't do this because Kane has always been X-pacs tag partner and nothing more.

Lothars

If you aren't going to give The Streak to anyone who can do something with it, then don't end the streak at all. Giving The Streak to a part-timer who will likely bolt again for UFC demeans the streak a lot if you ask me.
Yup it demeans the whole streak and it makes it worst. Giving it to Brock lesner is the opposite of sense. He's going to bolt and be the normal moron he is.

Bowser

The Bella Twins @nicoleandbri
I'm sooo proud of my fiancé! Sooo well deserved! Wow! Wish I could of went out to celebrate, but wasn't allowed. Love the #YesMovement

lolololol

hlhbk

It's Paul. His reactions could be acting or genuine, he's that good. Reading something on a script is one thing, witnessing it is another.

I love Paul, and have since I used to watch ECW in the 90's. He was silent during that moment, and Paul is never silent.

BFIB

I'm still shocked over Taker/Brock. On the one hand, I do think it was time for Taker to put over someone for WM. On the other hand, why Brock?

Brock is already established. As much as he's been booked and lost over the past few years, him losing would not have hurt Brock.

So....why not Punk?

Brock physically cannot compete in MMA anymore. His body won't let him. He couldn't even beat Mir at this point.

That would be the best. Get a nice 4 month build going with no physical contact before then.
I'm not sure what Brock does from here until then though. Maybe he kills rvd in a paul Heyman feud.

Bryans going to feud with Orton definitely. He wasn't beaten and he's hhhs personal suckup.

But you can't have Bryan or Lesnar losing a month after this night so a feud with each other makes no sense for now.

hlhbk

He carried the match with Cena when he came back. The stuff this guy does, for his size, still amazes me. He's really quick.

This match was slow because Taker would literally snap in half. Bork had to take it easy on him.

Punk, HHH, and HBK didn't have to take it easy on Taker.

I don't think Bryan is going to last as champion by the next PPV. I expect him to get the same treatment Christian got after winning the title at TLC. Book it.

Brock has lost two matches, won five.

Also, if you were Sting, you would give up presumably the WM payday, the introduction to the WWE fanbase, a HOF spot and a Legends contract, because you aren't guaranteed to lose your only WWE match ever? Sting would never have broken the Streak, but now that there is no Streak, what is stopping a match with Taker (a dream match for fans) happening and being on equal footing?

It being absolute shit?

Seriously, it would have been a dream match 15 years ago when Sting started the Crow gimmick, even 10. Now, it would be two old guys who can barely move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom