• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrestlemania XXX Week |OT| We are all legit shook

Are you legit shook?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Courage

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more we should have seen that "Eat, Sleep, Break the Streak" shirt as being an indicator that Lesnar would maybe be the guy. Why print a shirt that's meaningless after two weeks?
If you asked me before the match, I'd say because they knew the match had no buildup at all and were scraping at the bottom of the barrel.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
The Undertaker’s match against Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania was meant to make it 22-0. The Phenom would conquer The Beast — although he’d suffer a tremendous beating in the process— and he’d return at WrestleMania 31 to do it all over again.

However, stories don’t always end the way we want them to. And numbers never lie.

On April 6, 2014, Brock Lesnar did the very thing his T-shirt promised he would do: He beat The Streak.

It took a long time for The Undertaker to make that long walk up the ramp as every step literally took him further away from a WWE Universe that thought he’d always been there.

And then he was gone.

A Streak had been broken, yes, but the legend lived on.

:D from the wwe.com site they even mention brocks t shirt aswell

RK9039

Ugh. Honestly, I don't know what would happen if Brock goes after the WWEWHC now. Common sense would say they aren't going to give the title to a guy who they can only put on limited appearances, but they also just gave him the streak after a terrible buildup.

They gave The Rock that chance.

strobogo

Banned
iKabhhyDKat1W.gif

Vylash

Ugh. Honestly, I don't know what would happen if Brock goes after the WWEWHC now. Common sense would say they aren't going to give the title to a guy who they can only put on limited appearances, but they also just gave him the streak after a terrible buildup.

the_rock_bio_20130107.png

RK9039

Like I said, I'm okay with it ending. But they way it ended was awful.

Huh?

Rock was simply a transitional champ from Punk to Cena.

He was still a 'part-timer'.

TBH I do not think Lesnar can go back to MMA, doesn't he have some sort of problem where he cannot legit fight anymore? Like he almost died or something?

Nah he already recovered before his last match in the UFC. He can pretty much go back there whenever he wants.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Defeating Taker now isn't a good enough reset button?

I guess, since nobody talks about Cena/Lesnar, and HHH is a heel so they're not going to mention that lost.

I'm completely convinced this wasn't the long-term plan. Taker just realized that his body was shot and wanted to job on the way out.

Yeah, I agree. I think he's done, and if he does have one more match in him, I think he'll lose that one too.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I keep hearing about how it was obvious Taker was 'in no shape to compete' this year. Am I crazy? He looked fine, did less insane shit but looked fine to me.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Maybe Cena was going to beat Taker next year and Taker saw the end of Wyatt/Cena and told Brock, 'fuck it, pin me please.'

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
xpac talking sense ?

Sean Waltman: “With all due respect, that should have been saved for a Roman Reigns or someone else to build towards the future.”

hlhbk

That's lame shit on the part of Jericho.

This match was the way it was, pace-wise, by design. If people didn't find it entertaining, fine; but it's clear that the intent was to begin the sendoff of Taker. It wasn't a fun match, but lets not act like Taker can't perform well.

Taker hasn't been able to perform well in years.

iMax

So what happens with Undertaker moving forward? And Sting? I was just waiting for him to show up and kick a man whilst he was down. Would've been the icing on the cake.

Sephzilla

I keep hearing about how it was obvious Taker was 'in no shape to compete' this year. Am I crazy? He looked fine, did less insane shit but looked fine to me.

Yeah, he looked fine to me. The match was just shit. If it was supposed to be intentionally shit for story purposes, that just makes the match look worse because it ended up making both wrestlers look bad.

strobogo

Banned

He looked old, fragile, slow, and in no condition to put on a match. He was blown up minutes in and looked in pain the entire match. It was a bummer.

ib23cvpw6Cz4D0.gif

RyudBoy

I don't have an issue with Lesnar beating Taker. I'm just somewhat bitter that it happened during a match where I was giving zero fucks about. They better have some major plans for Lesnar moving forward. Some continuity with him wanting the title would be a good start. As someone had already mentioned, maybe a tease with him and DBry tomorrow that would culminate at SummerSlam. A rematch with Cena (where Lesnar goes over) would also be OK.

Alucard

Banned
Nailed it.

Eventually (if not already), Taker's Wrestlemania matches were going to start feeling like a cheap shtick. It would have become impossible to draw reactions from the crowd from near-falls and 'close, but not quites' when the expected result ends up as the end result anyway. So, were we actually interested in the match, or were we just waiting for Taker to win?

In the end, the streak isn't as important as a fan's ability to buy into a match, so to speak.

I didn't buy into their match because the story going into it was so weakly told. Heyman did his best, but the booking of making Brock look like a frightened child made no sense. I get trying to "swerve" your audience, but everyone already expects Taker to win, so any win over him would have been a swerve. I actually wouldn't have minded Brock going over Taker if they'd actually played up the angle of the young, hungry, powerful monster against the fading legend. But they didn't do that. They made Brock look scared, but still put him over despite that.

Sephzilla

So can anyone explain to me why the fuck Batista wasn't trying to get Bryan or Orton back into the ring and pin one of them? He could have pinned both of them for a combined 30-count after the RKO spot. That took me right out of that match.

It's what makes the most sense. Brock beats Bryan, then Reigns beats Brock.

It makes zero sense. What makes sense is Cesaro and the midcard being built up more to carry on the business. It's never been hinted at more after tonight. The taker ending was for shock value only. I highly doubt they have any plans for brock to feud with bryan.

Where is this talk about Brock going for the title coming from? They gave him the taker streak cause he's a part time guy...

Before the Taker feud he Heyman was crawing about how Lesnar deserves a title shot. In work logic, beating the Undertaker at fugging Wrestlemania pretty much qualifies Brock for a shot. Plus it would make sense for HHH, now with his worst fears realized (Bryan as champ) would go with the best choice possible to end his reign as quickly as possible, hence why we're likely getting Bryan vs. Lesnar at Extreme Rules.

Sephzilla

I didn't buy into their match because the story going into it was so weakly told. Heyman did his best, but the booking of making Brock look like a frightened child made no sense. I get trying to "swerve" your audience, but everyone already expects Taker to win, so any win over him would have been a swerve. I actually wouldn't have minded Brock going over Taker if they'd actually played up the angle of the young, hungry, powerful monster against the fading legend. But they didn't do that. They made Brock look scared, but still put him over despite that.

Exactly. If they booked Brock as "The guy who fucking slaughtered Big Show a month ago, remember that?" instead of "the former UFC guy who's scared of a 49 year old man" then it would have made sense to give him the streak. Brock couldn't even fucking touch Undertaker until Paul distracted Taker for him. On top of that, they did nothing to make it look like Undertaker was actually run down or losing steam leading up to it.

The build up for that moment was absolutely fucking awful.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
SUNNY MAC
GIMMETHEMTHOUGHTS

Alrighty.

Rybaxel were robbed, Usos suck.
Triple H actually kinda made me bored. I don't know what it was.
Andre Battle Royale was a beautiful thing but a clusterfuck at the start
Shield squashing NAO was merciful
Cena vs Wyatt was good but...it didn't end well. Good thing Wyatt doesn't need wins or losses.
Taker getting pinned had me legit shook, no lie
Divas Battle Royale was fun but not a good ending. AJ suxxx. Where's Eva Marie's win?
Bryan did a Kurt Angle Stretcher spot before robbing Bateaster of what he deserved. Randy looked like he got hurt to fuck. Really fun match though. Wish Bryan hadn't been "limited" by his shoulder at the start.

Overall grade: B

Before the Taker feud he Heyman was crawing about how Lesnar deserves a title shot. In work logic, beating the Undertaker at fugging Wrestlemania pretty much qualifies Brock for a shot. Plus it would make sense for HHH, now with his worst fears realized (Bryan as champ) would go with the best choice possible to end his reign as quickly as possible, hence why we're likely getting Bryan vs. Lesnar at Extreme Rules.
No way. That means Bryan or Lesnar lose at Extreme Rules. Neither can lose one month after a push to the moon.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
its aslo telling that taker never did old school, he attempted it but brock counters, but its always something taker has done recently and is mostly countered once then hit the second time

Valentus

Its not the same silence from indiference than silence from legit shock.

The people (not the plants) could not believe it. I can say that is the only crowd silence that Vince enjoyed with all his heart.

Saying that, reading the posts, one could believe that the streak was more a burden of the weight of the One Ring, than the ultime reward in the world of professional wrestling.

Thinking that way, giving the streak to lesnar was the right call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom