• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrestlemania XXX Week |OT| We are all legit shook

Are you legit shook?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It takes like 20 seconds to make the graphic.

Eitherway, it went the way they wanted it.

I would think putting that together within 15 or so seconds and having it up and ready for TV isn't too easy to do.

It's basically impossible. All graphics you see are pre-made, even the basic match ones. They need time to render.

You used to wrassle brah? That could have been you!

The only thing I did was let that Cesaro fellow throw me all across a dingy arena in South Philly, nothing more :p

Cagey

Banned
Only reason people dislike the Taker/Lesnar match is because everyone went in thinking Taker wins no matter what, thus there was no tension. No excitement? No flow? No. You were bored because you assumed Taker Wins LOL.

It's the wrestling fan's fault for not liking the match because the wrestling fan thinks they have figured out booking with 100% certainty.

DiscoJon

Banned
itiRjm3UKyrq8.gif
tumblr_n3mwr3Ue671ru6e0oo1_400.gif
shocked-kid.gif
vkfXHsV.gif

Sephzilla

Only reason people dislike the Taler/Lesnar match is because everyone went in thinking Taker wins no matter what, thus there was no tension. No excitement? No flow? No. You were bored because you assumed Taker Wins LOL.

It's the wrestling fan's fault for not liking the match because the wrestling fan thinks they have figured out booking with 100% certainty.

The reason people disliked the match has been pretty clearly described multiple times by multiple people.

The build up to the match was bad and made Brock look pathetically weak compared to Taker. The actual match itself was pretty bad. The finish was bad.

Paracelsus

The problem wasn't that he lost but when. He should have lost last year to Punk. Paul Bearer should've been inducted last year, deliver the urn back to the sons, lose in a Buried Alive match for the very last time. You give up before you die in the ring, Punk gets his ego boost, huge heel heat.

OnPoint

It really depends on how the graphic is put together. If it's something like a pre-rendered AVI file then yeah, they can't throw it together super quick. But if it's put together like one of the wrestler name cards, those can be put together on demand.

But at the same time, I wouldn't doubt they'd have a 21-1 graphic made in the event of something happening.

Exactly. Maybe they had a 21-0-1 graphic ready too, just in case they somehow tied.

Courage

Only reason people dislike the Taker/Lesnar match is because everyone went in thinking Taker wins no matter what, thus there was no tension. No excitement? No flow? No. You were bored because you assumed Taker Wins LOL.

Even if Taker won it'd be a bad match from everything that preceded it. No buildup, followed by a mediocre match and a shocking result. It'd just be a typical Taker moment if he won, but him losing makes no sense. I'd be fine if there was some kind of threat towards the streak during the past few weeks, or some ambiguity leading up to the match, but other than the few encounters they had from February, I don't think Lesnar's win was justified.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The problem wasn't that he lost but when. He should have lost last year to Punk. Paul Bearer should've been inducted last year, deliver the urn back to the sons, lose in a Buried Alive match for the very last time. You give up before you die in the ring, Punk gets his ego boost, huge heel heat.

It's good he didn't give Punk the streak. Someone who is apt to walk out like a shitbrain shouldn't be given responsibility. I guess that's why he couldn't make it at Waffle House.

Sephzilla

It's good he didn't give Punk the streak. Someone who is apt to walk out like a shitbrain shouldn't be given responsibility. I guess that's why he couldn't make it at Waffle House.

Wait, didn't Brock leave WWE and make his last match dogshit because he didn't want to risk hurting his post-WWE career?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, didn't Brock leave WWE and make his last match dogshit because he didn't want to risk hurting his post-WWE career?

Nope. Brock left because of his dream. It was ironic, people calling him a sellout, because he was walking away from a HUGE amount of money to do what he loved.

Cagey

Banned
The reason people disliked the match has been pretty clearly described multiple times by multiple people.

The build up to the match was bad and made Brock look pathetically weak compared to Taker. The actual match itself was pretty bad. The finish was bad.

No, no, no.

Even if Taker won it'd be a bad match from everything that preceded it. No buildup, followed by a mediocre match and a shocking result. It'd just be a typical Taker moment if he won, but him losing makes no sense. I'd be fine if there was some kind of threat towards the streak during the past few weeks, or some ambiguity leading up to the match, but other than the few encounters they had from February, I don't think Lesnar's win was justified.

None of this is true. This is all because you assumed Taker couldn't possibly lose. Your biases and assumptions are the problem. Everyone cried about the build because Lesnar wasn't made to look like he could beat Taker and give the illusion of winning, but that criticism was only made under the assumption that Taker will obviously win and thus it's crucial to make us believe Lesnar had a chance of doing the impossible (which was impossible).

Now that your assumption was wrong, you're annoyed? smh.

XenoRaven

I forget, did they show the Make-a-Wish kid in the front row before the end of the Bray/Cena match? If so, that should have been our clue as to who was winning.

Sephzilla

No, no, no.

None of this is true. This is all because you assumed Taker couldn't possibly lose. Your biases and assumptions are the problem. Everyone cried about the build because Lesnar wasn't made to look like he could beat Taker and give the illusion of winning, but that criticism was only made under the assumption that Taker will obviously win and thus it's crucial to make us believe Lesnar had a chance of doing the impossible (which was impossible).

Now that your assumption was wrong, you're annoyed? smh.

Yes yes yes.

We assumed Taker couldn't possibly lose because it was built up as as Taker couldn't lose. All Brock (actually, Heyman) did was point at a t-shirt and say "This is what we'll do" but when it came to every actual physical confrontation Brock came off looking crazy scared of Undertaker. And the only time Brock even managed to one-up Taker at all required Taker being distracted by Heyman in order let Brock even have a chance.

This was bad booking 101, go look at post history before today and everybody was saying that it was a horrible build up before the match even happened.

Cagey

Banned
Yes yes yes.

We assumed Taker couldn't possibly lose because it was built up as as Taker couldn't lose. All Brock (actually, Heyman) did was point at a t-shirt and say "This is what we'll do" but when it came to every actual physical confrontation Brock came off looking crazy scared of Undertaker. And the only time Brock even managed to one-up Taker at all required Taker being distracted by Heyman in order let Brock even have a chance.

This was bad booking 101, go look at post history before today and everybody was saying that it was a horrible build up before the match even happened.

You're proving my point for me.

Everyone thought it was a horrible build because they assumed Taker winning was a 100% mortal lock, and thus the build had to create doubt for us to believe Lesnar could win to make a match with a totally obvious outcome have tension. Even then, there was nothing that could be done for the smark: Taker would win obv. Lesnar is a part timer! Taker has to fight Sting next year!

I was as stunned as anyone, but I love it. The internet can't handle not knowing everything beforehand, yet can bitch about not being surprised. It's fantastic cognitive dissonance.

Still, it's kinda've a shame that Bryan's moment is overshadowed by Taker's streak. Maybe it's the LAW, but yeah this is something even I can't defend.

Fuck Cena.

Undertaker deserved more, he deserved a proper build and proper decent zomg feud to go out on.

Bork did nothing, if someone told me I was beating the Undertaker at WM I'd be there EVERY FUCKING WEEK making sure everyone knew the match was a big deal.

Bork Laser couldn't even be bothered showing up, what, more than his usual 3 dates? Whether it was Undertakers wishes or not he should have been talked out of it, Vince should have come out and screw job finish "RING THE BELL" and made UT win.

No one cared about the match because it was terribly built up between two people who weren't there much made in a few weeks where most of the time it was just Bork getting beat up. I wish we had realised there was an actual 'threat' to the streak so UT could have got the respect he deserves.

TghktaI.gif

Sephzilla

Everyone thought it was a horrible build because they assumed Taker winning was a 100% mortal lock, and thus the build had to create doubt for us to believe Lesnar could win to make a match with a totally obvious outcome have tension. Even then, there was nothing that could be done for the smark: Taker would win obv. Lesnar is a part timer! Taker has to fight Sting next year!

I was as stunned as anyone, but I love it. The internet can't handle not knowing everything beforehand, yet can bitch about not being surprised. It's fantastic cognitive dissonance.

If you're going to do something as significant as end a streak that has built up over the course of 21 Wrestlemanias and has involved numerous hall of famers you have to build up the opponent as someone who is a legitimate threat to The Streak. Not book it like 1-2-3 Kid going over Razor Ramon on Monday Night Raw.

Booking Taker as the 100% invincible guy and making Brock look completely inept and then SWERVE BROCK WINS CLEAN is really awful booking. If you can't see that, then wow.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Just got in from the event. Drove out from Houston to NO. Worth it and I am not even a huge fan of wrestling. From crowd reaction to the glass breaking to clapping along with Bray Wyatts intro song, it was a really hype show.

Carnby

Show of hands, after Brock pinned Taker who else kept telling themselves that the decision will be reversed any second. Any second. ANY SECOND!

v0yce

What? No. It would have been a surprise regardless of how it was built up. The poor build was just poor storytelling which is a shame for the end of a legend.

dream

If you're going to do something as significant as end a streak that has built up over the course of 21 Wrestlemanias and has involved numerous hall of famers you have to build up the opponent as someone who is a legitimate threat to The Streak. Not book it like 1-2-3 Kid going over Razor Ramon on Monday Night Raw.

Booking Taker as the 100% invincible guy and making Brock look completely inept and then SWERVE BROCK WINS CLEAN is really awful booking. If you can't see that, then wow.

Does it really matter how they book Brock? Everyone knows that Brock is the only real guy in a company full of actors and acrobats. Why do you think Undertaker would handpick Brock as the guy to break the streak?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom