• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrestlemania XXX Week |OT| We are all legit shook

Are you legit shook?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anth0ny

ihikBSKWB3Hb.gif

the crowd reaction to this was fucking flawless.

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

This was some of the most fun I've had watching anything, so much hype and so many great moments. This isn't why I started watching wrestling, but it's definitely what kept me watching.

strobogo

Banned
On second watch, Bray/Cena made no sense because Cena has done way worse to dudes with not nearly as compelling of an angle and not felt bad or conflicted at all. Dude tried to murder JBL and Batista without a second thought. And did some pretty fucked up shit to the Nexus guys with no confliction.

ibye1XlYMQ3O3x.gif

iWcmuumZACHHx.gif

ibx2J5r7L3nHZd.gif

izZ6QzGeWsV3S.gif

iV8BsCZqFgNGK.gif

Best part of the night was Kid Rock getting bumped from the show.

kirblar

If Sting/UT is happening next year, it's almost certainly a double retirement match, and in that case, ending the Streak now makes a lot of sense.

I love Cesaro because you can trust him to hit his spot. Real strength that wows regular human beings. Fiiiiiinally he is gonna get the recognition he deserves, crowd has caught on and they're already behind him.

Stuff Reigns, Cesaro you can bank on.

"So you gonna scoopslam him... out of the ring? The Big Show? :\"

"Yea no worries. :)"

I love it.

Reave

I'm convinced Vince had someone bet a shit ton of money on Brock, and he, Brock and Taker are all laughing to the bank. +850 is huge and anyone with insider knowledge could have made bankkkkkkk,

Well, according to what we're hearing, swap bank out for hospital.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
okay guys I missed all of Wrestlemania because of moving.

Is it worth watching?

Is the replay up on the network? May or may not subscribe.

okay guys I missed all of Wrestlemania because of moving.

Is it worth watching?

Is the replay up on the network? May or may not subscribe.

Main event's great, as is hhh/bryan
There's a good spot at the end of the royale

uh

that's about it. do you know the results? may want to EJECT EJECT EJECT now if not

McNei1y

Dbry victory overshadowed by taker loss? Is this serious? We [the people] finally get a Dbry victory - at a Wrestlemania main event at that - and people are still complaining? What the hell.

Bray: Hit me with a chair when I am defenceless John!
John: *pulls angry face* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Because John Cena would never hit a defenceless guy with a chair, because that would be something a he-

buriediku27.gif

strobogo

Banned
Dbry victory overshadowed by taker loss? Is this serious? We [the people] finally get a Dbry victory - at a Wrestlemania main event at that - and people are still complaining? What the hell.

I didn't say over shadowed, but the fans left celebrating Bryan, not mourning over Taker.

DMczaf

People won't be happy until Daniel Bryan wins the title at a PPV named WWE YES, where the only match on the card is Daniel Bryan.

Because IF the streak was to be broken - and that's a debate in and of itself - it should have been a legend like HBK, or an up-and-comer the wwf had invested itself in, like reigns or cesaro.

Not a god damn part timer who'll be gone again in a few weeks. People should have been leaving wxxx talking about bryan. A lot of them are talking about taker. Some of them never even saw the main event because they turned off/walked out in disgust - horrific booking

Oh, and cena and hhh beat brock recently, so really they beat the streak!

Chamber

love on your sleeve

Yeah, Bryan fans need to just take this victory. Dude went over HHH, Orton and Batista in one night and walked out of a milestone Wrestlemania as WWE Champion. You can't really be put over anymore than that.

McNei1y

Then that's their loss. Seriously. We can't be so fucking picky here. We [the people] have begged for Bryan to get a push/victory/title reign and he finally does. But since Undertaker lost his streak to an (objectively) "unwanted" opponent means we can't enjoy the Dbry victory? I mean that's something everyone's wanted in years and we finally got it.... but now it's wasted because Brock won? Give me a break.

TXTqUKB.jpg

Here here Danny Boy.

Let's hope history's kind to you. You're still the star of the show no matter how butthurt those Canucks over at the LAW said nothing about you.

It was really the LAW that just soured me about the whole thing. Fuck em I ain't letting them take that away from me!

So.... how do we think the crowd will react to Brock tomorrow night?

At first: Loud boos.
After he beats Bryan for the title: LEGENDARY BOOS

Funniest thing looking over the card is all the young talent the older stars put over

HHH & Batista put over Bryan
Show put over Cesaro
Outlaws put over the Shield

And of course, we also had Taker put over the part timer, and Cena put over NOPE NOPE NOPE

Because IF the streak was to be broken - and that's a debate in and of itself - it should have been a legend like HBK, or an up-and-comer the wwf had invested itself in, like reigns or cesaro.

Not a god damn part timer who'll be gone again in a few weeks. People should have been leaving wxxx talking about bryan. A lot of them are talking about taker. Some of them never even saw the main event because they turned off/walked out in disgust - horrific booking
Taker probably should have hung it up after WM28, but losing to Brock isn't really bad, the problem here is that the build up and match itself were underwhelming. Reigns and Cesaro aren't ready to beat Taker now, and forcing that burden on them before they are ready is a disaster waiting to happen. Brock isn't walking away in a few weeks, as much as the WWE fucks things up, even they will plan to utilize this in the near future. And this is hardly the first time a lower-card match has stolen the show, especially a Taker match, it's pretty normal really.

Oh, and cena and hhh beat brock recently, so really they beat the streak!
That's not really how it works in this business.

Anth0ny

apcbvy3cmaa2g55mmsvp.jpg

hindsight being 20/20 (heh), taker should have definitely retired right here. 20-0. awesome match, awesome visual at the end.

What? It's clearly being overshadowed by the taker loss. It's too bad, but that's simply the truth.

I love D-Bry, I'm happy about his performance tonight, and we'll look back at this Mania as possibly the greatest moment of his career, but right now, the biggest angle in wrasslin history just ended, and it ended in a fucking awful manner.

I just listened to 3 hours of the LAW, and not ONE person called in about D-Bry. It was all about Taker and the streak. What's everyone talking about after the show ended?

D-Bry's win has been absolutely overshadowed.

Taker probably should have hung it up after WM28, but losing to Brock isn't really bad, the problem here is that the build up and match itself were underwhelming. Reigns and Cesaro aren't ready to beat Taker now, and forcing that burden on them before they are ready is a disaster waiting to happen. Brock isn't walking away in a few weeks, as much as the WWE fucks things up, even they will plan to utilize this in the near future.

I know they're not ready this year. But he didn't need to lose this year.

I'm sure they've paid brock to do more for the next year - I wouln't be surprised if he was champion somewhere down the line - but I'd be shocked if he had anywhere close to a full schedule.

I guess the only bright side to this is more Heyman

That's not really how it works in this business.

it was a joke

I know they're not ready this year. But he didn't need to lose this year.

I'm sure they've paid brock to do more for the next year - I wouln't be surprised if he was champion somewhere down the line - but I'd be shocked if he had anywhere close to a full schedule.

I guess the only bright side to this is more Heyman

Next year might have worked, but does Taker have enough left to do it then? He was awful tonight and looked like dead weight. I think he already overstayed his welcome for main events like this.

Why are people putting stock in what Dan The Mouth Lovranski et al are chatting about.

I mean it wasn't just him, the whole show was revolved around Taker. Was a bit shortsighted but could you blame them?

I find complaining about Bryan being overshadowed is a completely valid point. Those guys need to fued at Summerslam and have Heyman rip Bryan apart about that very fact. Unfortunately Lesnar would have to put over Bryan but ultimately it would be the right thing to do. Lesnar keeps the title until Mania against whatever. Preferably Bryan. Because look at my avatar.

EDIT: WOW the replay is already up. The Network is something else. Bravo server monkeys!!

So I thought Cena has said (countless times now) that he's willing to put people over...

...so why didn't he do that tonight when everyone else did?

Why don't people call him on this shit more? I know the smarks do, but why don't more of the live audience? Boo this crap.

Funniest thing looking over the card is all the young talent the older stars put over

HHH & Batista put over Bryan
Show put over Cesaro
Outlaws put over the Shield

And of course, we also had Taker put over the part timer, and Cena put over NOPE NOPE NOPE
Bro, CENAS LEGACY! ITS THE NEW STREAK!

Next year might have worked, but does Taker have enough left to do it then? He was awful tonight and looked like dead weight. I think he already overstayed his welcome for main events like this.

That's a good point, although they both weigh less then brock (cesaro by quite a bit), so maybe taker wouldn't have blown up so easily.

wonder how much he actually trained for this?

apcbvy3cmaa2g55mmsvp.jpg

hindsight being 20/20 (heh), taker should have definitely retired right here. 20-0. awesome match, awesome visual at the end.

What? It's clearly being overshadowed by the taker loss. It's too bad, but that's simply the truth.

I love D-Bry, I'm happy about his performance tonight, and we'll look back at this Mania as possibly the greatest moment of his career, but right now, the biggest angle in wrasslin history just ended, and it ended in a fucking awful manner.

I just listened to 3 hours of the LAW, and not ONE person called in about D-Bry. It was all about Taker and the streak. What's everyone talking about after the show ended?

D-Bry's win has been absolutely overshadowed.

The Cerebral Assassin lost the battle but won the war.

That's a good point, although they both weigh less then brock (cesaro by quite a bit), so maybe taker wouldn't have blown up so easily.

wonder how much he actually trained for this?

Taker looked noticeably thinner, so who knows. He also gets hurt after every match now. He must have signed off on this, so maybe he knew his body wouldn't last.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom