• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrestlemania XXX Week |OT| We are all legit shook

Are you legit shook?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a disturbing sight

Triple H with chest hair?
H6FfUeW.jpg

I thought I'd never see the day.

okayfrog

Banned
Didn't really realize it until looking at the OP but the card is truly awful, almost UFC awful. Cluster fuck tag match on the pre-show, jobber battle royale, fatal 14-way diva match. Taker/Lesnar will follow the Undertaker Wrestlemania formula of each guy hitting their finish 3-4 times. John Cena at Wrestlemania is practically guaranteed to be awful unless his opponent's name is Shawn Michaels.

Hopefully, Bryan/HHH is given 30 mins because that's the only match worth anything.

I'm pretty optimistic about this Wrestlemania, weirdly enough.

Clusterfuck: Sucks that it's on the pre-show, but it'll be a solid match like the one two years ago, no doubt in my mind.
Battle Royale: Dude, Battle Royale's are always fun, even if Beeg is probably winning. My only big problem is that Big E isn't defending his title.
Diva match: Sucks that it's not one-on-one, but at least the damn title is being defended at Wrestlemania. Literally the first time ever.
Taker/Lesnar: Nothin' wrong with a good finisher-fest as they know how to do it right.
Cena/Wyatt: Wyatt's been putting on great matches for the past few months, and so has Cena. On paper, this looks like a good match. Plus Wyatt is going over, see: rule of reverse momentum.
Bryan/HHH: I can't see this being a good match due to HHH, and the same goes for the main event. But Bryan winning the title or HHH ending the title would both be great. And to be honest, I could see a crazy swerve where HHH gives Dickbutt one last screwjob and wins the HHH/Bryan match, but somehow Bryan is still put in the main event along with HHH and Bryan makes HHH tap then.

How about a US Title match? How about an Intercontinental Match? How about a tag match worth giving a damn about and putting it on the actual card?

Despite those problems I'm pretty excited for Cena vs Wyatt, D-Bry vs Trips and the Main Event if either Trips or D-Bry are in it.

Nothing else really interests me.

MG310

I think the card is fine though wish Cesaro had made the main card. Looked like they were starting something up with him vs. Swagger vs. Big E but that all got thrown out the window for the Battle Royal and keeping the Real Americans together.

Los Matadores even getting a match seems like a concession for Carlos Colon's HoF induction more than anything else.

I think Bray Wyatt wins his match. Absolutely no logical reason for Cena to go over him that I can see.

Yup, unless they simply want the "fan favourite" to win at WM. Bray needs a win and they should let this feud continue since it's working for both of them.

Rapstah

Basista was great at the press conference. So good it makes Randy Orton's "I'm going to cut a bad RAW promo but in front of journalists instead of thousands of wrestling fans" look embarassing.

Bogus

In all honesty though, I would watch the heck out of a final, "last one left in the tank" match between Kane and Undertaker at WrestleMania. Rebuild Kane for a year into the unstoppable killing machine we all know and love, and face him off against Taker in an inferno match for the ages. Both men go over the top rope at the same time, and the bout ends in a draw, thus preserving Taker's streak while leaving Kane as the wrestler that came closest to breaking it. The brothers embrace in the ring afterward and retire together. There wouldn't be a dry eye left in the building, I tells ya.

I'm all for HHH getting put into the main event and double poke of death on Bootista and Boreton. Reviving Evolution in the process. Flair comes running down to Lawler's "But who's side is he on?!" shtick. All embracing as orange confetti drops from the ceiling.

I'm all about this.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just remember, friends...it was a sure thing Booker would go over Triple H at Mania as well in their racist angle where Booker was set to finally get his revenge on Triple H.

Bryan's screwed.

How about a US Title match? How about an Intercontinental Match? How about a tag match worth giving a damn about and putting it on the actual card?

Despite those problems I'm pretty excited for Cena vs Wyatt, D-Bry vs Trips and the Main Event if either Trips or D-Bry are in it.

Every title should be up for defense at every PPV, it should be mandatory, WWE is fucking stupid when it comes to building feuds around their belts.

Rapstah

Just remember, friends...it was a sure thing Booker would go over Triple H at Mania as well in their racist angle where Booker was set to finally get his revenge on Triple H.

Bryan's screwed.

Triple H buried Booker T because Goldberg signed his contract late and they had to shuffle stuff around to make Triple H lose his belt to Goldberg instead of Booker T.

Goldberg was also in the buried video montage.

That 14 diva match would be better if it had all of NXT's divas in it. One of the nicest surprises about NXT is how solid their female wrestlers are.

I'm excited anyway. There's a nice variety of matches and the booking and promos have been solid leading into the main matches. I still think it was a mistake to make Money in the Bank it's own thing, but hey.

The main event... no one would care if not for the stipulation on Trips and D Bry, so they salvaged that. Whoever wins that match is going to make the main event worthy.

I wish tag was in a healthier place right now, but it almost never is. That's what you get for getting into wrestling during the peak of tag wrestling in the late 90s I guess. I think the last time I got hyped for a four way tag match was that ladder match that put Joey Mercury in hospital. That one delivered beyond my expectations. This one is just whatever on paper. At least it'll be easy to watch it on the network.

I might rewatch that Armageddon match to remember the last time that four legit tag teams (rather than random pairings) had a great four way match. And to cringe at that face destroying spot one more time.

That Diva's invitational is stupid booking. They should have setup a tournament leading up to Wrestlemania. That would have built up some fresh feuds and they could have thrown the NXT women into it as well.

Now the card has two large brawls on it. Neither of them will do an exceptionally job of showing off fresh talent.

Ithil

Yup, unless they simply want the "fan favourite" to win at WM. Bray needs a win and they should let this feud continue since it's working for both of them.

If Bryan is winning the title, then I think they might feel Cena can lose. The two top babyfaces losing isn't happening.

Sblargh

Banned
The Divas thing is too stupid to be true, it will be a skit or something with plenty of laughs, swerves and crazy spots. Or that's how I will choose to remember.

Into

No point in Cena winning, beating what is essentially Husky Harris. But they are doing the whole "they got in Cena's mind!" and "can he overcome the odds!?" which means:

Cena is winning. Makes no sense, but he will, then they will half haphazardly try to build up Bray by making him beat up Rey Mysterio or some shit and lose all momentum.

That Diva's invitational is stupid booking. They should have setup a tournament leading up to Wrestlemania. That would have built up some fresh feuds and they could have thrown the NXT women into it as well.

Now the card has two large brawls on it. Neither of them will do an exceptionally job of showing off fresh talent.

Is there even a storyline reason why Champ AJ is being treated so unfairly? I haven't seen anything on the weekly wrap up show, which is all I've been watching (that and NXT) to keep tabs on things.

Rapstah

Is there even a storyline reason why Champ AJ is being treated so unfairly? I haven't seen anything on the weekly wrap up show, which is all I've been watching (that and NXT) to keep tabs on things.

She talked shit about Total Divas once like seven months ago and isn't on Total Divas.

MC Safety

I predict Daniel Bryan will win, but Hunter Helmsley will still insert himself into the main event to make the match a fatal four-way. Helmsley will win the title at Wrestlemania, and maybe, just maybe, Bryan will win it the day after that.

Pavaloo

AJ's a heel who says she's better than the rest of the division every chance she gets

she also has feuded with Vickie Guerrero and talked shit to Steph McMahon before (both women I assume are kayfabe-in charge of women's division)

she is obviously a lone wolf, hanging out only with tamina

it makes sense why the division has it out for her

Showaddy

I think Bray Wyatt wins his match. Absolutely no logical reason for Cena to go over him that I can see.

Only way I see Bray jobbing is if the company is really fucking stupid and thinks just getting a match at Mania against Cena with Hogan in the corner is someone a huge honour that will give Bray a big push even if he get's made to look like a joke.

The announcers always tell us what a crazy wackjob she is, so I am assuming that makes her a heel? She's held the Diva belt longer than any Diva before, but loses almost every non title match she is in. Oh and she said cast members of the show Total Divas suck dicks.

The announcers always tell us what a crazy wackjob she is, so I am assuming that makes her a heel? She's held the Diva belt longer than any Diva before, but loses almost every non title match she is in. Oh and she said cast members of the show Total Divas suck dicks.

I mean more in kayfabe though. Because as a champ, to be put into a single pinfall match with 13 other wrestlers where your belt is on the line is serious punishment. I presume Vickie is still a heel, not that heels can't have personal grudges against other heels. It just seems like there should be a storyline that feeds into such a match.

Ithil

AJ's a heel who says she's better than the rest of the division every chance she gets

she also has feuded with Vickie Guerrero and talked shit to Steph McMahon before (both women I assume are kayfabe-in charge of women's division)

she is obviously a lone wolf, hanging out only with tamina

it makes sense why the division has it out for her

It doesn't make sense that all the Total Divas are some kind of face stable, when the entire show is about them not liking each other (and half of them are heels on the show). It certainly doesn't make sense why the non-Total Divas also apparently support the Total Divas because...watch Total Divas, now on E!.
Same goes for JBL, the heel commentator that rants for 10 minutes at a time about how righteous the heels are, when it comes to AJ, he just craps on her as well and shills Total Divas.

I mean more in kayfabe though. Because as a champ, to be put into a single pinfall match with 13 other wrestlers where your belt is on the line is serious punishment. I presume Vickie is still a heel, not that heels can't have personal grudges against other heels. It just seems like there should be a storyline that feeds into such a match.

I think that is all the kayfabe reasons, when S1 of TD premiered AJ cut a promo basically saying the case got where they are by sucking the right dicks, after that she has basically lost all 1v1 non title matches to the cast since then.

Kayfabe Vicki is a face now because I'm guessing she is on the side of cast of TD. I think AJ beat her up once like 4 months ago.

Pavaloo

It doesn't make sense that all the Total Divas are some kind of face stable, when the entire show is about them not liking each other (and half of them are heels on the show). It certainly doesn't make sense why the non-Total Divas also apparently support the Total Divas because...watch Total Divas, now on E!.
Same goes for JBL, the heel commentator that rants for 10 minutes at a time about how righteous the heels are, when it comes to AJ, he just craps on her as well and shills Total Divas.

But they all make up and show that there are more sides to them than their worst. They are likeable and have a growing face base which is why they're being treated like faces. Do Nikki and Brie honestly do heel things? Natalya is dumb, but is she really a heel? How does the involvement with other Divas not make sense? They're part of the division. Total Divas is making the division more popular and way more watched. Who cares that they go tell you to go watch it on E? What do you want them to do? Not say anything about it ever and forget it existed? Plus JBL is playing a slimy two-faced heel commentator why would you expect consistency? It's why Cole calls him out, the dude is supposed to be painted like a hypocrite who changes his opinion depending on his agenda.

JavyOO7

Hmm, even though I already chosen who I thought would win I feel even more pessimistic. I don't see Wyatt beating Cena. And I still think, for some reason Bryan won't win the title and might actually just lose against HHH in the end to have it as an "Evolution Main event!!!1111!!11". I feel if Wyatt and Bryan were to lose, would they ever be able to recover any momentum or is it game over?

Sblargh

Banned
Hum, I guess I'll get some of the indie iPPVs on demand after Wrestlemania week.

Personal Life Week is not giving me a Wrestlemania break. :(

Ithil

But they all make up and show that there are more sides to them than their worst. They are likeable and have a growing face base which is why they're being treated like faces. Do Nikki and Brie honestly do heel things? Natalya is dumb, but is she really a heel? How does the involvement with other Divas not make sense? They're part of the division. Total Divas is making the division more popular and way more watched. Who cares that they go tell you to go watch it on E? What do you want them to do? Not say anything about it ever and forget it existed? Plus JBL is playing a slimy two-faced heel commentator why would you expect consistency? It's why Cole calls him out, the dude is supposed to be painted like a hypocrite who changes his opinion depending on his agenda.
You must watch a different show.

Musolf815

I think originally they were gonna split the Shield up leading to a triple threat US title match (or knowing WWE, a one on one match with Roman vs. Dean with Roman squashing him easily to show how he's the greatest ever or something), but they turned them face so they were left with a six man. The US title hasn't been booked well for so long, I hate their method of a guy winning it then NEVER defending it until he loses it.

apart from the undertaker match this looks so weak. i remember the days when WM had interesting exciting characters and storylines, even freaking low mid carders :(

Pavaloo

Just look at their instagram and twitter followers, it's clear to see a fan base.

Like Nikki is vapid, but people like vapid celebrities all the time. Same with Cameron. Cameron's even painted as kind of dumb on the show.

Brie bitched out Summer I guess? I'm trying to think about what she does otherwise.

Ithil

apart from the undertaker match this looks so weak. i remember the days when WM had interesting exciting characters and storylines, even freaking low mid carders :(

The last three WM main events were Cena vs Miz, Cena vs Rock, Cena vs Rock. Bryan being in two matches including the main event is an automatic improvement.

Linkhero1

I hope HHH wins and saves wrestling. I'm sick of seeing the same people week after week after week. Bury Bryan and if possible interfere in Cesaro's match. Put them out for a few months and push the real stars.

strobogo

Banned
Bryan, Naomi, Sandra and Jon Uso are the only likable people on Total Divas. Cena is likable sometimes, but other times he comes off as a complete lunatic with a calm demeanor.

It's so weird to me that WWE pushes a worked reality show where the entire main cast (minus Naomi) comes off so poorly. And then try to push people as faces on the other worked show based on the worked reality show where everyone comes off as bitchy, insecure, selfish, jealous people that are not likable in the least.

Just the whole idea of how Total Divas is pushed on Raw is the weirdest shit. It's a worked reality show based on the inner workings of the mainline worked show, and then the main line worked show pushes the worked reality show as if it is real, which makes even less sense since the faked reality show goes out of its way to show that the worked mainline show is fake. Vince Russo must be suicidal he didn't come up with it. But in my mind, WCW 2000 was his version of Total Divas.

Ithil

It's so weird to me that WWE pushes a worked reality show where the entire main cast (minus Naomi) comes off so poorly. And then try to push people as faces on the other worked show based on the worked reality show where everyone comes off as bitchy, insecure, selfish, jealous people that are not likable in the least.

Just the whole idea of how Total Divas is pushed on Raw is the weirdest shit. It's a worked reality show based on the inner workings of the mainline worked show, and then the main line worked show pushes the worked reality show as if it is real, which makes even less sense since the faked reality show goes out of its way to show that the worked mainline show is fake. Vince Russo must be suicidal he didn't come up with it. But in my mind, WCW 2000 was his version of Total Divas.

Never mind that we had Summer vs Natalya on RAW, which was supposedly a grudge match stemming from Total Divas on Sunday, but Total Divas isn't a live show, hell in that same episode they showed the Christmas match, so they're just now having a HEATED GRUDGE MATCH over something that happened months ago but that was just aired?
And hell, now we're booking RAW based on Total Divas? They're going backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom