• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrestlemania XXX Week |OT| We are all legit shook

Are you legit shook?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

strobogo

Banned
No one boos her or cheers her because she gets no reaction since no one knows who she is and she's in short, unimportant matches. She's a ringer for Total Divas and that's it.

RK9039

Real talk: Eva Marie is a pretty girl they hired for a reality show WWE does called Total Divas, it's a show build around the Bella's, Natalya, The Funkadactyls, Eva Marie and Summer Rae. Eva Marie is a stereotypical dumb bimbo in every sense of the way and can't wrestle for shit, which isn't that odd since she's been a "wrestler" for less than a year and has had no training of any kind before then. She wasn't a wrestling fan before either, so she knows nothing of ring psychology, selling moves, etc. Also, she slaps like a pussy.

All in all she's pretty terrible, which makes her great for reality TV and terrible for main WWE.

Oh, makes sense now. I was wondering why she keeps getting booed all the time.

D-Stubbs

Does anyone know if Wrestlemania will be available to watch right away after the show is done on the network? I can't catch it live because of work and was hoping to just watch it when I get home.

They have been very fast in making it available right after shows, so unless there is some deal involving PPV, I'd expect it should be up less than 30 min after.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If Punk vs. Austin becomes a reality and Sting shows up tomorrow, damn skippy one thread isn't enough.

lol you still believing that stupid-ass dream of Punk coming back

so sad. I pity you. I don't hate you, but I pity you.

NO PUNK.

Food for tonight guys?

I know I'll be having wings and beer

Fried chicken, but I am totally jealous about your wings!

Hours away guys...

My predictions

Real Americans - I am a total homer for the team, so I may be a bit biased. However, I think that they could have a good strong run and they can postpone the breakup fued that will further establish Cesaro for at least a few months.

Shield - This one is pretty obvious, the WWE gets a lot of slack from the IWC for being out of touch, but even the most stereotypical IWC'er isn't cynical enough to think that wrestlers 10-15 years out of the prime respectively are going to beat a trio of young guns who have been heavily pushed the past year.

Ziggler - The battle royal can go any way...well...any way as any of Cesaro, Show, Rusev, and Ziggler at least. I'm hoping for Zigs here, but I would be just as happy with Cesaro.

Bray - Bray can use this far more than Cena. Sure, the Wyatts have been booked to be stronger during the feud, but a mania moment can go a long way for Bray and his followers in further cementing them as the major force in the WWE well after the Shield finally breaks up. Cena can get a W and needed revenge at the next PPV.

Taker - I expect a great match. Even better than last year, which was good, but I think tends to be overrated by some in the IWC because it involved Punk. These two have great chemistry and it should be a brutal match. No way does a part time worker, even one as huge as Brock, break the streak though...

AJ Lee - Most talented Diva on the roster by a wide margin, well...unless Kharma returns to shut her up, but that is just a dream...

Daniel Bryan - This should be match of the night. Both men have brought their A games over the length of the feud, and we have no reason to expect otherwise for this match. HHH does the job, and the IWC makes obvious jokes about him leaving his shovel at home.

Daniel Bryan again - 75k led in a "Yes" chant, an amazing mania moment.

El-Suave

Does anyone know if Wrestlemania will be available to watch right away after the show is done on the network? I can't catch it live because of work and was hoping to just watch it when I get home.

Can't say for sure of course, but so far everything was click- and watchable right away if you browse the day's schedule and pick a broadcast that has is already over.

Real talk: Eva Marie is a pretty girl they hired for a reality show WWE does called Total Divas, it's a show build around the Bella's, Natalya, The Funkadactyls, Eva Marie and Summer Rae. Eva Marie is a stereotypical dumb bimbo in every sense of the way and can't wrestle for shit, which isn't that odd since she's been a "wrestler" for less than a year and has had no training of any kind before then. She wasn't a wrestling fan before either, so she knows nothing of ring psychology, selling moves, etc. Also, she slaps like a pussy.

All in all she's pretty terrible, which makes her great for reality TV and terrible for main WWE.

I don't know Eva Marie is already more over than girls who have been there for years. That one time they tried to teach Eva Marie a lesson by throwing her out there to fail, But she isn't even THAT bad the other divas should be embarrassed. Somebody like her could come in and actually be blend in and be more over than the rest of them, except for some. You actually kinda want to watch her matches because she may fail hard or just be a regular divas match

Rapstah

Oh, makes sense now. I was wondering why she keeps getting booed all the time.

Her finisher, the Schoolgirl, is just so powerful people don't like it when she ends matches with it and boo it like Daniel Bryan's running knee or the Tombstone Piledriver. It's one of the things we have to live with now that everyone's a disgusting smart mark.

dream

I don't get the appeal of Sting vs Undertaker. There is no way in hell the Undertaker will job to Sting. No point to the match really. Hopefully they do something else that is more interesting.

I don't think there's any real appeal to it either. It's just something dumb wrestling fans worked themselves because of a couple of ambiguous Undertaker vignettes. Stinger becoming a mark for what is essentially fan fiction is so baffling to me.

Chopper

Are you guys making a new thread for wrestlemania itself? I dunno if you have to. just curious.
If it stays in this thread, can we avoid changing the thread title based on the results? I'm in the UK, so have to watch PPVs a day late, and try to avoid results like the plague on a Monday. I was instantly made aware of the Royal Rumble result thanks to a leading title change to the thread, which was sitting in my Subscriptions list. I swear, if someone adds a #YES or #NO to the thread title tonight, I will quit gaf.

I don't think Taker should face an old guy that everyone knows he is going to beat. They need to add a sense of doubt, maybe have him face Bryan next year or Reigns if he has risen the way people think he will. Even if Taker still wins, the outcome would at least be in doubt. Tonight there is no doubt about the outcome.

Also, are people expecting Bray to win? I find it highly unlikely and honestly I don't think its the worst thing if he loses, but I know how people get about lolcenawins around here.

NastyBook

Still does superplex from time to time, but damn he has trouble doing the Scorpion Deathlock these days.
sting-deathlock-o.gif
Oh, dear. There is no middle ground to that move whatsoever. I don't know which one is sadder, his ass in the air, or him just going "fuck it" and sitting on the dude.

I just watched a video of him doing some Stinger Splashes on like 6 dudes stacked on top of each other, and he looked like he was in complete auto pilot. Can't wait till they start putting up more Nitros on the network. I got cable around the time he went Wolfpack. I want to see Crow Sting from the very beginning.

They should do Sting/Taker at Summerslam or Survivor Series or something. Those two a bit old to be going one on one at WM. Let taker wrestle guys who are still in their prime at WM.

Ithil

If Sting knows he's going to have a main event match one year from now, which will be both a dream match for fans and also his final match, I'm sure he'll work to get into the best shape possible over the course of the year.

lol you still believing that stupid-ass dream of Punk coming back

so sad. I pity you. I don't hate you, but I pity you.

NO PUNK.

The only reason I give a damn about Punk coming back is this weird, almost butthurt, reaction of "I don't want him back, he disrespected the business!!" - I just think it'd be funny if the whole thing turned out to be a work, if Punk needed time off and they came up with an interesting storyline way of letting him do that.

Also, if Punk comes back tonight or tomorrow, Beef has to wear an avatar of my choosing.

Aiii

So not worth it
What would cause a bigger meltdown from Aiii:

AJ losing her title to Eva Marie or Daniel Bryan losing to HHH?

AJ losing her title isn't important to me, believe it or not. She's had it for a long time and I hope that once it's gone they're gonna be forced to actually put her in a storyline again instead of 3 minute non-title matches. So yeah, Daniel Bryan losing would be a hard thing to swallow.

But real talk: I think a state of apathy would be closer than anger.

Kusagari

I don't get the appeal of Sting vs Undertaker. There is no way in hell the Undertaker will job to Sting. No point to the match really. Hopefully they do something else that is more interesting.

I personally think the storyline of the biggest wrestler to never be in the WWE signing with them solely to be the one to finally break the streak is a great storyline, even if the end result is obvious.

D-Stubbs

They have been very fast in making it available right after shows, so unless there is some deal involving PPV, I'd expect it should be up less than 30 min after.

Pretty sure they said it would be. Who knows though

Can't say for sure of course, but so far everything was click- and watchable right away if you browse the day's schedule and pick a broadcast that has is already over.
Thanks guys. Yeah I don't get home until an hour after the show is over so hopefully it's up barring any issues.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The only reason I give a damn about Punk coming back is this weird, almost butthurt, reaction of "I don't want him back, he disrespected the business!!" - I just think it'd be funny if the whole thing turned out to be a work, if Punk needed time off and they came up with an interesting storyline way of letting him do that.

Also, if Punk comes back tonight or tomorrow, Beef has to wear an avatar of my choosing.

What happens if you lose? Okada dressed as Sonic?

I personally think the storyline of the biggest wrestler to never be in the WWE signing with them solely to be the one to finally break the streak is a great storyline, even if the end result is obvious.

Yup.

WWE broke WCW, so Sting is here to break WWE's most fabled legacy - The Undertaker's Streak.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If we see Sting which Sting do we get?!

CROW STING?
SUPERIOR SURFER STING?
WOLFPAC STING?
JOKER STING?
STEVE BORDEN?
BLADE RUNNERS STING?

Bye bye Vickie

This is supposedly Vickie Guerrero's final day with the company. There is a chance she may work this week's TV tapings to finish up. She's been taking college classes and plans to begin a business venture outside of wrestling.

Hasney

Completely forgot that the man that trained Lesnar trained Vader & Mr. Perfect too. I don't think he was a bad trainer at all.

Oh, JBL too.

Bye bye Vickie

No doubt one of the face Divas will win and humiliate Vickie in some way to give her a proper WWE send off.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That reminds me, Vickie wins the Divas Invitational, takes the belt, walks away, Divas division dissolved. Storybook ending.

Hasney

Streams just beginning to get a few hiccups on PS4 again now. Think I'm going to have to switch to PC to try and stay as safe as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom