• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE All Stars |OT| No Yukes allowed

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Pretty sure when I was playing last night I heard King say, "Someone call the amber lamps!"

RBH

Found this on another board:

There's a decent amount of grapples per character (10 front and 4 back), and that's not taking into account the unique grapples that open up during strike combos and reversals.

Ultimate Warrior, for example:

Quick Grab
X - Body Slam
O - Side Slam
Square - Bear Hug
Triangle - Shoulder Thrust

Waist Lock (Quick Grab RS)
X - German Suplex
O - High Angle German Suplex
Square - Forearm Smash
Triangle - Back Drop

Strong Grab
X - Shoulder Breaker
O - Oklahoma Slam
Square - Jumping Piledriver
Triangle - Military Press Gut Buster

Headlock (Strong Grab RS)
X/Square - Headlock Takeover
O/Triangle - Bulldog

http://wfigs.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=wvg&action=display&thread=200978&page=42

komarkaze

DoctorWho said:
Any impressions on what you played of the full game?
I only played one exhibition match that lasted 5 minutes as Undertaker against CPU Jake Roberts. Graphics looked good for the characters. I was basically mashing buttons since I don't know how the controls work yet. Though midway through the match the CPU started reversing me, so I learned to hit RB button to reverse back but it would reverse me nonstop til it won out. I did like how I was able to reverse mid air strikes successfully. I waited til I had a full meter to use my finishing move by holding RB and LB together but it didn't work. Don't know what I did wrong but the match ended when the CPU hit his finisher. UT was pretty slow but it may have to do w/ the character class.

Overall it seems decent but I need to try the other characters and styles to give better impressions.

JdFoX187

Banned
I think I'm the only one around here that bought the TNA iMPACT! game a couple years ago, but this is developed by those same guys and you can see a lot of that game's features in this. I love being able to reverse, reverse reversals and so forth. There's a fluidity to the game that's not in the SvR series with its canned animations. This game just feels much more smoother, and dare I say, more fun, than SvR and I'm one of the few that used to defend it constantly on here. I'm really debating about trading that in to get this.

DrDogg

shaowebb said:
It's cartoonish but fun...but you won't find a large amount of moves in this game. In fact, I ran through my entire moves list several times before ending a single match easily.

I bolded that for the lazy to get the main point. It's fun, but theres no depth. Its not too fast, and not too slow and its not clunky like smackdown is with its mechanics because it doesn't really have a lot of positional mechanics that it starts from.

Countering is prompted, but not in an irritating way. The prompt tells you what button to hit and to hit a direction during certain frames of a grapple. If you did it at the right time and had enough meter (and possibly hit the appropriate direction...not sure if they took it that far) you counter and these can chain because your opponent often gets counter prompts to combat your own.

Its a fun mechanic, if not unoriginal. However this did make me feel like my counters hitting or failing were actually a result of my own skill and not just some kind of random thing like in many other wrestling titles. This was good so I enjoyed it. Not as cumbersome and distracting as the old legends of wrestling meter you had to time, but it made you feel like you had about that much command over counters without being distracting enough to take you out of the match.

Not bad.

However the biggest flaws here are the roster, the graphics, and the depth.

I won't discuss any of your personal preferences with the game because you clearly stated your wrestling bias. However, before you comment on the depth and mechanics of the game, you should probably play more than just the demo. Or if you're going to limit yourself to only playing the demo, at least get some additional information before commenting.

Check out the preview of the strategy guide:

RBH said:

You'll see that Mysterio has 25 different branching combos, in addition to his basic moveset (that most wrestlers share). Compare that to SvR 2011 and you'll find that wrestlers in All Stars have far more attacks and overall variety. In fact, while I don't claim to know everything about every wrestling game, I can't think of any wrestling game that has more unique attacks/combos than All Stars.

The reversal and counter system is also far deeper than you know. There's a lot more to it than just, "press the button when you see the icon".

This will be my first wrestling game purchase since No Mercy, it's just so damn fun.

My only gripe is not being able to direct an irish whip (unless i'm doing something wrong)

I'm hoping for a decent CAW, but it's not a huge deal since the roster is pretty great.

Memles said:
I have to admit that I'm looking for something that allows me to "recreate" the classic matchups they're offering instead of seeing them play out in hyper-stylized form.
I'm in the same boat but this is fun enough in its own way to earn my purchase.

Played a few times now and, once I figured out a couple of things, I had a good time beating the ever-loving crap out of Mysterio. I kinda dug the report card at the end of the matches too.

I do wish that the entrances were part of the match and not just cut-scenes. I forget which one it was, but one of the Xbox games got it right with the entrances being part of the match so you could interact with a wrestler as they came to the ring.

canadian crowe said:
I'm hoping the reversal window will be tweaked in the final game. Why display the button after it's too late to reverse it?

I think it's more of a teaching tool. If it was possible to execute a reverse while seeing the prompt the matches would be reverse-fests.

betweenthewheels said:
I think it's more of a teaching tool. If it was possible to execute a reverse while seeing the prompt the matches would be reverse-fests.

That makes sense, it is just a little frustrating for newcomers. I just need to retrain myself to watch the animations instead if the HUD.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
JdFoX187 said:
I think I'm the only one around here that bought the TNA iMPACT! game a couple years ago, but this is developed by those same guys and you can see a lot of that game's features in this. I love being able to reverse, reverse reversals and so forth. There's a fluidity to the game that's not in the SvR series with its canned animations. This game just feels much more smoother, and dare I say, more fun, than SvR and I'm one of the few that used to defend it constantly on here. I'm really debating about trading that in to get this.

You are not only one that bought TNA IMPACT. I bought one for 360, and I love the game because the computers is very challenge in the story mode. They actually cheat but it's more fun to beat that way. :)

I think their story mode is pretty impressive for first game.

shaowebb

DoctorWho said:
Any impressions on what you played of the full game?

Read my post. Thats what I played and NOT the demo. I go into everything that matters and I even highlighted stuff in case it's too long to cover my main thoughts.

Fatalah said:
Leveraging past superstars = awesome.

Just like Marvel and Capcom, the WWE has a full cast of characters to work with. Nobody wants to play with those cheesy new Marvel characters! We want Wolverine and Spiderman! Same goes for the WWE, we want Ricky Steamboat and Razor Ramon! For my money, they ought to add everybody!

Yeah i felt the same when playing around on this and seeing what it was like. Who the hell wants to play as The Miz when you Matcho Man sittin over there. Razor Ramon is a better dream match. Or even if you're staying even remotely later 90's they could have at least tossed guys like him and Kofi and boring hhh bro Sheamus out for some more memorable legends.

Seriously...Jack Swagger? Gimmie Ken Shamrock instead. Kofi? heh...no. Gimmie one of the Von Erik's....oh wait I said 90's...okay then gimmie Terry Funk, or flair or someone. Too bad most of the replacements I'd swap out current wwe non wrestler, no acting all bodybuilder cast for are off getting retirement home checks in TNA.

IntelliHeath said:
You are not only one that bought TNA IMPACT. I bought one for 360, and I love the game because the computers is very challenge in the story mode. They actually cheat but it's more fun to beat that way. :)

I think their story mode is pretty impressive for first game.

Love the reversal system in TNA Impact. Fantastic stuff. Too bad the move set for the characters was lacking. Give me a sim version of that engine, with a fleshed out moveset and plenty of match variation and you might finally have a No Mercy killer.

Read my post. Thats what I played and NOT the demo. I go into everything that matters and I even highlighted stuff in case it's too long to cover my main thoughts.

Thought it was the demo you played. Will read.

shaowebb

DrDogg said:
I won't discuss any of your personal preferences with the game because you clearly stated your wrestling bias. However, before you comment on the depth and mechanics of the game, you should probably play more than just the demo. Or if you're going to limit yourself to only playing the demo, at least get some additional information before commenting.

I never played nor said I played the Demo. I played the full length at best buy for a pretty damned long time.

What I reviewed was it's final version. I don't know how you got the idea I hadn't.
I played Macho Man vs Jake the Snake
Warrior vs Hogan
and Piper vs Sheamus ( to beat the shit outta the guy with a real Mick! Im quite irish but I prefer my Irishmen canadian and entertaining in the ring)

You'll see that Mysterio has 25 different branching combos, in addition to his basic moveset (that most wrestlers share). Compare that to SvR 2011 and you'll find that wrestlers in All Stars have far more attacks and overall variety. In fact, while I don't claim to know everything about every wrestling game, I can't think of any wrestling game that has more unique attacks/combos than All Stars.

The reversal and counter system is also far deeper than you know. There's a lot more to it than just, "press the button when you see the icon".

Now you've said something that is worthwhile. I'll look into this strategy guide and see what it says about the games depth. Like I said it was fun and I enjoyed it, but unless I was somehow completely doing it wrong there weren't a lot of moves.

I'm going to run through this guide and see if perhaps there are situationals to setup or some such hidden area of moves I could have missed. I'll report back later from best buy.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Depth isn't a well defined term, but I do know that a lengthy movelist is neither sufficient nor necessary for depth in a fighting game. I think you start to see depth when players have the tools they need to build skill and develop distinct strategies. If move A can be substituted for move B in every situation without changing the outcome then they're functionally redundant and don't add any extra depth.

SapientWolf said:
Depth isn't a well defined term, but I do know that a lengthy movelist is neither sufficient nor necessary for depth in a fighting game. I think you start to see depth when players have the tools they need to build skill and develop distinct strategies. If move A can be substituted for move B in every situation without changing the outcome then they're functionally redundant and don't add any extra depth.

Fire Pro comes to mind. I love how the moveset opens up as you continue to play the game. There's a ton of strategy involved.

Is there location damage in this game? Can I just focus in on an arm or leg?

TxdoHawk

Played the demo last night. Much better than I expected! I will say this: If you come in expecting a "real" wrestling game, you won't like this. But on its own merits, a very interesting experiment in turning a wrestling game into a fighting game.

Played the demo multiplayer some more today, this time with my Day of Reckoning friend and i've got a good feeling about this game.
I don't expect it to replace No Mercy, SD: HCTP and DoR as far as the best WWE games go but It should hopefully come close to matching them. And its about time too, I don't know how much more I could take of the SD Vs Raw engine.

I look forward to using Masked Kane in his 2000 attire.

shaowebb

SapientWolf said:

This is an arcadey wrestling game that, as I said, seems to allow easy strike blocks and counters in an effort to encourage more grappling, reversals, and chaining of positional setups from players.

As it should be.

This is by no means a fighter and the idea of "combos" in a game like this is sort of ridiculous given how easily you can strafe away from anything on a 360 plane and by how easy the block/ counter works.

It's arcadey and fun and more than a little silly, but I seriously hope my second look and play after the guide isn't just going to show me how to chain a punch into a grab. It's pretty freakin obvious when a guy is selling a punch in this game that he is open to be grappled.

Hopefully the real guide has more than that preview because I still only saw the same basic strikes and grapples I mentioned listed in the preview as I saw in the game. Which you can run through in it's entirety before a KO easily.

Unless I discover more grapples my verdict stands.

It's fun but it lacks depth and in a game whose combat revolves around grappling and setting up grapples and countering into grapples over any striking you do...well it just doesn't have enough variety of grapples.

Damn you smackdown for convincing players striking a lot is what a wrestling game should be about. Last I checked that was called brawling not wrestling. If I watched a real match between two wrestlers with as much striking and run away into running strikes as is in a Smackdown game I'd boo the jobbers out of the arena.

Seriously folks watch some Dragongate. Or for a real culture shock watch some ROH from their first year when guys like CM PUNK, Brian Danielson, Low ki, Christopher Daniels, Paul London, Brian Kendrick, and Matt Sydal really showed you how good they were because in the indies you cant get away with that spot match garbage the WWE forces them to do to protect the images of their older worn out, less athletic stars.

For the record those guys once they hit tv were:
Evan Bourne
Paul London (duh)
Christopher Daniels aka Curry Man aka occasionally Suicide
Kaval
Brian Kendrick (duh)
CM Punk ( who since going wwe has done nothing but emulate Kenta Kobayashi. Didn't even change the Go 2 Sleep move name. Seriously you should see his matches against Samoa Joe...who is also bullshit since leaving ROH and having the stiffest matches ever)

You know what...fuck it.

Just watch these guys and pray they don't water down Mistico now that he's finally made it up from AAA luchalibre and CMLL into the wwe under his Sin Cara gimmick or whatever he calls himself.

The Many incarnations of the wrestler Yoshitsune
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E234Y1yj3IA

Former Tag Team gods Naruki Doi and Masato Yoshino

Naruki Doi (the muscle part of the team)vs KENTA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP6w2IMSJ4g&feature=related

Masato Yoshino (Fastest wrestler I've ever seen)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_dEzFrG1xE

Rey Bucanero and Ultimo Guerrerro vs SpeedMuscle. A Vanilla match nothing big but still leagues better than whats on now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXMGxkcHz-0#t=01m00s

MISTICO (now Sin Cara in wwe Compare this later for watering down)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uzNYHOAvRk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCPWfCvKd_o

Full match with lots of good talent and other guys
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWCmeE_7mJ0&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YfMDcEWRxY&feature=fvwrel

BxB Hulk and Shingo Takagi vs KENTA and ISHIMORI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSQzdMsNSSQ&feature=related

PAC vs AJ Styles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD-GvKB4nms
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtjxSL1wPeQ&playnext=1&list=PL55C61D1C30A3DCFC
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iHOzGikp5c

Level up your wrestling standards before you come to me talking about striking and combos strategy guide. Wrestling is about speed and grapples and anyone who hasn't seen matches like these before need to stop allowing themselves to be spoonfed the wrestling slops they get on regular cable. Subscribe to fight network for Dragongate USA and pray we see a wrestling game similar to ITS standards of what wrestling is from now on. Seriously...raise your standards folks.

I'll still double check this game but without more grapples it's $20 title at best and casual occasional fun only.

@shaowebb-

I get how the game won't be for everybody, but people shouldn't be going in expecting a full featured wrestling sim. It's supposed to be a throwback to the arcade wrestling games of the 90's. With the amount of reversals and combos I can see how it would be easy to have an exciting and diverse match even with the limited grapples.

You're not entirely wrong about the lack of grapples, but the problem is less of a detriment to WWE All Stars than it would be to Smackdown (which is under par in the grapple department).

All I can say is that I've had more fun with the demo than any wrestling game in years.

DrDogg

shaowebb said:
I'll look into this strategy guide and see what it says about the games depth. Like I said it was fun and I enjoyed it, but unless I was somehow completely doing it wrong there weren't a lot of moves.

I'm going to run through this guide and see if perhaps there are situationals to setup or some such hidden area of moves I could have missed. I'll report back later from best buy.

WWE All Stars Strategy Guide Preview said:
The most notable difference between a normal chain combo and a grab chain combo is that most grab chain combos require strict timing to complete.

Taken from page 4 of the guide preview. Should help you find more attacks/combos.

DryvBy

I was a little "meh." about the demo. I still want this, but it's not chaotic enough. It just felt like faster play wrestling with arcade finishers. All hail, WWF Wrestlemania Arcade & WWF In Your House!

canadian crowe said:
All I can say is that I've had more fun with the demo than any wrestling game in years.

And that the beginning and end of it for me. I actually didnt mind TNA and Legends of Wrestlemania, but they were far from good. All the Smackdowns..... I cant stand.

My buddies and I, with our 360's and PS3's STILL play No Mercy. We dont even watch wrestling any more (for obvious reasons..... smh), but that game was and is so much fun. Now I dont know if this will have the legs that No Mercy had, probably not, but as canadian crowe said, its the most fun Ive had with a wrestling game in years..... and its only the demo.

The game's fun but is definitely NOT the second coming of No Mercy in fun factor (to me) or gameplay. I don't see it having the longevity of that game just due to the nature of the type of game it is. Should be fun in multiplayer, fun in spurts, but it isn't the huge "OMG every wrestling game should be like this" that some are making it out to be.

Still, it's a good time.

Messi said:
Hahaha typical hogan screw job at the end.

Looks like this game will be loads of fun in multiplayer.
Looks great. Too bad it's fatal three way rules. I'm sure it will be impossible to win against the AI.

RBH

canadian crowe said:
Looks great. Too bad it's fatal three way rules. I'm sure it will be impossible to win against the AI.
I believe you can also do triple threat (and fatal 4-way) matches using elimination rules as well.

Jube3

Are there double team moves (Double suplex, double DDT, Dudley Drop) in the game? I didn't see any in the triple threat video.

shaowebb

RBH said:
Triple Threat match with Hulk Hogan vs. The Rock vs. John Cena:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK30FubQ-nU

Lol at the Hogan screw job. Can't say I like the air juggles, though. Thats bad.

Like I said though this game is fun if not very deep. Play it and enjoy. I will, but I won't take it seriously because If I did I would wear it out in under a week. Its silly lighthearted fun and I like it for what it is.

Too bad that's not enough to make me buy it at launch but its probably the only wrestling title I'll pay money to own later once it plummets in price like all the rest.

Take that for what its worth and make your own call. In the meantime enjoy the wrestling I left you to watch.

MiniDitka said:
Didnt see this posted. Triple H vs Bret Hart - GRAPPLER FULL MATCH - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34ipIbtaW-g&feature=player_embedded

See now, THAT video makes me wish they led a 2 team assault with Yukes on the SvR franchise. The grapples chains, and fluid reversals into reversals are something the simulation games are desperately in need of. I mean damn even back in No Mercy I could chain strikes to a grapple to a floor move/pin and have it look slick as hell.

vixlar

That grapple into grapple combos are sweet.

Why that finisher counted as KO victory when it was a submission victory?

And no double graples until now is worrying me.

dreamfall

I went to Bestbuy today, and played the full version for nearly about an hour. The Path of A Champion mode really does seem awesome- some of the Paul Bearer introduction scenes (Undertaker route) gave me eerie nostalgia! That being said, the Triple Threat matches and Fatal Four ways seem ridiculously intense. They are single elimination (if an opponent gets K.O.'d or pinned, they are out and the fight continues with the others), but allowing the computer take one opponent out while building up your own Signature moves & preserving your life is both chaotic and fun.

I played a shit ton as Bret Hart and you can tell that the grappler style is unique for his moveset- he seems to be slower in initiating a strong grapple, and does some major damage from each successful move. Also, his chain attacks involved a number of light grapples into strong grapples. He felt unique, after spending so much time in the demo with Rey/Ultimate. I still think it's funny that a submission leads to a K.O. but it works. His Piledriver Signature move is awesome!

I also played three matches of Fantasy Warfare. Spoilers follow if you don't want matches Dream Feud matches ( X vs X) explained!
Truthfully, the intro videos of the wrestlers complete with narration felt like such a highpoint. Seeing old WWF footage really got me excited- explanations about each wrestler's ascent in the sport, followed by (nearly five minutes) highlights of each guy.

First, using Sheamus I took on Ultimate. As a brawler, his attacks seem to play out with necessary quick striking into unique punch combos- there was a quick, quick, strong strike into a light grapple that ended with flying DDT that I couldn't seem to pull off again. His signature Double Axe clothesline seems nearly unblockable- but it must be possible. When pressing A+B he struck Ultimate from across the ring into a frenzied flip. Surprisingly, ended with a five star technique and defense rating- very powerful fighter.

I also used Eddie against Rey. Eddie's got some similar high flying talent- running and bouncing off the ropes for hurricanranas and light strikes (two of 'em!) into a light grapple. His Tres amigos sig seemed neat, but that was the only move I seemed to consistently pull off with special meters (must discover more moves!). His finisher is funny in that in activating it, unlike taunting like other wrestlers he magically flips onto the nearest turnbuckle to ready a Frog splash.

In the final couple of minutes, I played as Kofi against Ricky Steamboat. Got a couple of neat kicks in, before handing over the controller to someone else who eagerly looked on.

I think this game will divide fighting fans. It's much faster paced than SvR, and the reversal system is pretty unique in that each defensive move seems to have a proper time to hit the button. It takes some patience in understanding the complexities of getting in a rhythm of reversing, but I felt as though outside of grapple & grapple sig moves (as opponent attempted to initiate grapple- not while in a grapple), I used the RB for almost every successful reversal.

I think the movesets do feel perhaps a bit basic, but playing as Sheamus really showed that each wrestler has tweaked offenses. His strike into grapple combinations were probably what Ultimate wished he had! It still doesn't play like No Mercy, but the unique juggle combos and chains add flavor. I'll probably try to get in some more matches in store, but couldn't wrestle as the Big Red Machine (must unlock him!). lovelovelove it!

Darvan

I tried the PS3 demo today I really enjoyed it but I did see a couple of things that was odd sometimes the wrestlers would go into the mat and vanish although they would reappear quickly it did take away from the experience of the game. Did anyone else have this issue ? I hope the full game doesn't have the same issues.

Played the demo some more, and watched the videos on this thread, and while Im still pretty damn excited for it, there are just two things so far thats nagging me.

- Is it possible to turn off KO's? Please make it possible. If it isn't, can they at least turn off the pin animation with 3-count AFTER the KO? Seems really weird, especially like after the Bret Hart video where he KO's someone with the sharpshooter, match ends, and then it shows Bret pinning the opponent and the ref counting to 3. Hate that.

- Speaking of submissions, why not have the submissions work like your getting pinned? If Bret puts the sharpshooter on you, wiggle and if you have enough power and your fast enough on the wiggle, you escape without tapping out (or KO'ing).

That said, it looks like everyone will be a blast. Grappling chains looks fun as hell, the reversal system looks fun and VERY fluid, high flyers are a blast to play, cant wait until Tuesday!

Murkas

played this last night, going to get it. It reminds me of Day of Reckoning 2 which was my favourite WWE game of all time.

Thing is, I haven't seen anyone talk about DoR2, everyones like "oh yeah No mercy was the best" but DoR2 had all of No Mercy's gameplay and improved upon :(

Darvan said:
I tried the PS3 demo today I really enjoyed it but I did see a couple of things that was odd sometimes the wrestlers would go into the mat and vanish although they would reappear quickly it did take away from the experience of the game. Did anyone else have this issue ? I hope the full game doesn't have the same issues.

Didn't see this on the 360 version of the demo at all.

Good Demo BTW. Love the grappling and reversal system but the KOs need to go. I'd rather the game let me play until a pinfall or submission instead of having the match end with a KO.

I really need to get the reversal timing down as well.

Murkas said:
played this last night, going to get it. It reminds me of Day of Reckoning 2 which was my favourite WWE game of all time.

Thing is, I haven't seen anyone talk about DoR2, everyones like "oh yeah No mercy was the best" but DoR2 had all of No Mercy's gameplay and improved upon :(

Loved the game. Still have it to play on my Gamecube.

Murkas

DoctorWho said:
Loved the game personally.

Loved the game. Still have it to play on my Gamecube.

Aye, it's a shame All stars didn't include the "finisher state" DoR had, was so funny seeing someone activate it then all the other players sprint out the ring time wasting. I prefer that so much more then only using your finisher once.

I only played the demo twice, can you make your opponent bleed and mess up their stamina?

MiniDitka

Murkas said:

I mentioned the same thing in another forum :D. DOR2 is probably my favorite wrestling game and imo All Stars plays like a juiced up version of it. Was playing DOR2 the other day and am still impressed by not only the gameplay but the graphics as well. Some HQ vid I recorded of DOR2 for those that might not have played it.

The Undertaker vs Triple H - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_TDpRSGyxs

Murkas

MiniDitka said:
I mentioned the same thing in another forum :D. DOR2 is probably my favorite wrestling game and imo All Stars plays like a juiced up version of it. Was playing DOR2 the other day and am still impressed by not only the gameplay but the graphics as well. Some HQ vid I recorded of DOR2 for those that might not have played it.

The Undertaker vs Triple H - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_TDpRSGyxs

Memories, I need to find a copy on ebay right now.

Murkas said:
Memories, I need to find a copy on ebay right now.

Grabbed mine for $20 in store. Sweet Keibler cover! I've been trying to get it working on Dlophin on PC as well but it stalls when you start a match. :(

vixlar

DOR2 was a great game. I had DOR and DOR2. Both were fun. But something didn't click with me.

You don't know how excited I was when I bought No Mercy. They didn't have it in the showcase. I asked, and that was the last one.

I played that game for years, until I sold my N64.

vixlar said:
DOR2 was a great game. I had DOR and DOR2. Both were fun. But something didn't click with me.

You don't know how excited I was when I bought No Mercy. They didn't have it in the showcase. I asked, and that was the last one.

I played that game for years, until I sold my N64.

Still have my N64 and a copy of No Mercy along with a copy of WCW vs. NWO Revenge for good measure.

No Mercy along with DoR2 are two wrestling games I will never get rid of. They will be sitting in my attic when I'm 90 years old.

RBH

I feel that Day of Reckoning 1 & 2 are easily the closest thing to No Mercy that we've gotten over the past decade.

It's an absolute shame that THQ/Yukes canned the DOR engine because I feel it's ALOT better than the Smackdown vs. Raw engine.

Top Bottom