• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE Backlash 2017 |OT| This PPV Brought To You By India

NastyBook

Straight from the mother fucker.
andersonofih.gif
What a counter.

I don't watch Smackdown, but it makes zero sense to me that he doesn't have a Canadian Championship belt. He should really just be fucking around with the whole thing.
Well the whole gimmick is that he's the New Face of America. So it's less entirely 'Canada is superior' but more the US belt can only be greatly represented by a Canadian.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Dillinger vs English is a match worthy of opening an NXT taping, which it probably did a couple of years ago.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I don't get why people like Ty Dillinger. I guess because they just like yelling ten.

MrChom

Ambrose has a DDT for a finisher lol

Bayley has a belly to belly which is even worse (probably the worst in WWE), but a DDT is still a garbage ass finisher.

This is the kind of thing that bad booking has fostered. I hate to go all Cornette but any time the DDT is used it should either be a finisher, a really close 2, or require the person taking it to leave the ring.

Straight from the mother fucker.
andersonofih.gif

Arn genuinely looked like he could kill with his DDT, it was amazing, and it's nice that Scott Dawson is borrowing more and more of his style.

As for the show itself: I generally only watch the PPVs for WWE (along with NXT, 205, and UK Championship stuff). This looks...like an In Your House show from many years ago...and not one of the good ones.

Jinder Mahal vs Randy Orton - Won't even bother to watch this. I'm not a fan of Orton (he doesn't work as a face at all in my eyes), and I'm sceptical of Jinder. Unless someone says tomorrow "Oh yeah, MotY" it's a miss for me.

AJ vs KO - The real main event. Should be great, basically carrying all my hopes for the show.

Nakamura vs Ziggler - King of Strong Style vs a man who can make any move look like he's been shot with a cannon. Glorified Squash but it should help a wider audience find out about Nakamura. Basically this is a match designed so we have to wait for further matches with Sami and AJ.

6 Woman Tag - Not a great use of anyone here. It'll be acceptable but this looks like "Divas" level booking. Hopefully Naomi won't use those terrible alternating kicks.... There's enough talent here to make something entertaining if it gets enough time, though.

Breezango vs The Usos - It feels like GoD vs Roppongi vice. Should be decent. It's nice to see Breezango doing something of note at last. p.s. if the Ascension aren't doing anything it might be worth putting them on NXT again for a while.

Sami vs Baron Corbin - Sami alone makes a match worth watching, never seen what he's like with Corbin but it probably won't be terrible?

Luke Harper vs Erick Rowan - There are no words for how little I want to see this match. Maybe their beards will entangle and they'll have to fight as one person thereafter? I agree with others...why is this on the show and not literally any Tye Dillinger match?

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
tye is gonna be nothing for the next year

smackdown's midcard is big enough with guys like sami, corbin and kevin owens for him to really do much

He and Sami occupy the same spot. Dillinger can always go heel again, which got him over in the first place.

I like Tye.
There's nothing wrong with him, I don't get the hate for him (or Balor either) but he does need a bit more fleshing out in terms of character.

ReiGun

I don't get why people like Ty Dillinger. I guess because they just like yelling ten.
He's a likeable guy with a fun gimmick. Really not that hard to understand.

tye is gonna be nothing for the next year

smackdown's midcard is big enough with guys like sami, corbin and kevin owens for him to really do much

He'll be this year's Baron Corbin. Have some nothing feuds with low card guys for a while, regular Talking Smack appearances, then suddenly, he's in matches with Owens et. al and no one is really questioning it.

He'll be this year's Baron Corbin. Have some nothing feuds with low card guys for a while, regular Talking Smack appearances, then suddenly, he's in matches with Owens et. al and no one is really questioning it.
That'd be good for him but that's still a lot of time to do nothing.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh lol he changed the Tye Breaker because of AJ I guess.

Top Bottom