• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Vert boil

For some reason, Hue has gone away again. Signs are it'll be back again on the 30th.

Looking back, the 23rd was the original date but Curve delayed it a week. Guess MS didn't update things.

-----
Nightmares from the Deep: The Siren’s Call will be coming out August 26th.

Site - Trailer

-----
Star Hammer: The Vanguard Prophecy will be coming out August 26th.

Site - Trailer

-----
Hack, Slash & Backstab will be coming out August 31st.

Site - Trailer

Montresor

Artifex Mundi is crazy. One of the best most delightful devs making games for Xbox One. The Nightmares From The Deep sequel is going to be the fifth (!!!) point-and-click adventure from them on the system.

I hope they keep them coming. Their games are really, really good.

Valley looks awesome. I always used to have dreams where I was jumping high across the landscape just like the game has. $20 just seems a littttttttttle bit steep for it though. I'll wait for a sale.

Montresor

I'm curious what you guys think of these three games that released in the past 1.5 months:

Grow Up
Song of the Deep
Dreamals: Dream Quest

I'm trying to play Song of the Deep at the moment but it feels so clunky and slow.

I don't think it's good game.

Thanks for the post. Well... shame to hear about that about Song Of The Deep. I don't know. Sometimes I say to myself that I really like Metroidvania games, but at the same time the only ones I've played are Dust An Elysian Tail and Symphony of the Night (loved them both) and Super Metroid (which I found very boring). Teslagrad is a metroidvania/puzzle game hybrid - don't know if that counts but I actually liked that game.

I have Ori & The Blind Forest in my backlog so I'll play that one day and probably just skip Song Of The Deep entirely.

Thanks for the post. Well... shame to hear about that about Song Of The Deep. I don't know. Sometimes I say to myself that I really like Metroidvania games, but at the same time the only ones I've played are Dust An Elysian Tail and Symphony of the Night (loved them both) and Super Metroid (which I found very boring). Teslagrad is a metroidvania/puzzle game hybrid - don't know if that counts but I actually liked that game.

I have Ori & The Blind Forest in my backlog so I'll play that one day and probably just skip Song Of The Deep entirely.

Ori is phenomenal. Not quite as Metroidvania as I'd hoped, but excellent all the same.

Recore out soon too.

Vert boil

Released today,

2009kskk.png
19qqs9s.png

Nightmares from the Deep 2: The Siren's Call - 9$ (will rise to 10$), 1.16GB.
(Trial available. No time limit, unlocks achievements.)

Obliteracers - 14$, 1.51GB.
(Trial available. 15 mins, unlocks achievements.)

Solar Shifter EX - 10$, 4.78GB.

Star Hammer: The Vanguard Prophecy - 20$, 1.84GB.

New Pre-Orders,

FreezeME - 10$
(site - trailer)

King Oddball - 4.50$ (will rise to 5$)
(site - trailer)

-----
Verdun has been delayed, no new date yet.

-----
Stories of Bethem: Full Moon will be coming out September 2nd.

Site - Trailer

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
And People talked about "Rivals of Aether" sounding "generic"... "FreezeME" sounds as shovelware, identity-less as possible... but the trailer was fairly nice.

As dirivitive as much of it looks, a title like "Super Sunshine Maria 64 Makafushigi Galaxy" might have made more sense, lol. Looks pretty solid for a $10 game.

jesu

Was going to buy Obliterators anyway, might as well try the trial first.
If it's at least as good as Beach Buggy Racing I'll get it.

FreezeME, might have to get that too.
Not up in the UK yet though.

Was going to buy Obliterators anyway, might as well try the trial first.
If it's at least as good as Beach Buggy Racing I'll get it.

FreezeME, might have to get that too.
Not up in the UK yet though

Hmmm, might this be a US store jobby?Damn localisation.

jesu

Obliteracers is more car combat than racing so I'm a bit disappointed but I bought it anyway.
It's decent so far, multiplayer is probably where it's at though.

I had no idea Wreckfest was coming, had my fingers crossed it would but never really expected it.
Might pre-order the $20 version now....

£15.68 in UK money, bought it.

I just pre-ordered my first digital game on Xbox One with FreezeMe! I gotta support 3D platformers on the console and in general.

Definitely interested in picking up Virginia; the description couldn't sound more acutely appealing to me. I'm curious about how much that will cost. I might pick up Dear Esther: Landmark Edition on sale at some point.

Montresor

Nightmares from the Deep: The Siren's Call is some good puzzle-adventure fun.

I'm only a few minutes in and already there are some fun puzzles in there.

I love that the first room in the game has a reference/callback to Enigmatis (another Artifex Mundi puzzle game).

eastx

Anybody got a UK store link for Attack on Titan? And maybe a way to share the link without it getting mangled by the message board?

maxcriden

Welcome to the Xbox club, Max!

Thanks man. I hope to join y'all soon. As soon as Amazon sends my XB. Which I don't know at this point if they really will be doing since it seems like they're not restocking the Gears bundle I got as part of the Prime Day DOTD, but we shall see....

It's finally here!! After a lot of ordeal.

I called them again and they could not cancel it. They reduced the item order to $0 so if it ever comes it will be free since I was never charged for this part of the bundle.

I never realized I wasn't charged, so given that my profit (besides the free XB if it ever comes) is $150 ($50 Amazon GC + $13 surplus refund + $40 controller sale + $22 and $15 digital game sales + $10 credit). So, I wanted to buy an XB1 with this money.... got one in great shape on BST for $182. Yay for the $32 XB1!!!!

It's updating now. It's shiny and white. 😁

eastx

MonoGame is a set of developer tools that allow games developed with XNA to be ported to other platformers. The first MonoGame Xbox One title is likely to be Axiom Verge, announced at GDC.

I interviewed Tom Spilman, head of MonoGame, about MonoGame itself, the Xbox One indie situation, upcoming MonoGame indies for Xbox One, and more. Please check out the story and watch the video for even more interesting discussion:

How MonoGame is bringing more indie developers to Xbox One

Also, here's my Attack on Titan review. Already out in the UK and comes to North America on Tuesday, August 30.

Montresor

I finished the 1000/1000 in Nightmares from the Deep 2 this weekend. That was pretty fun. It's another good addition to my XB1 library.

So if anyone likes point-and-click puzzle/adventures games, I highly recommend Artifex Mundi's puzzle games.

They released their first game "Nightmares from the Deep 1" on September 2015. And less than one year later they already have 5 total games in this genre released on the system.

Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart
Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink
Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek
Grim Legends: The Forsaken Bride
Nightmares from the Deep 2: The Siren's Call

If you're on the fence, do this:

1) Download the trial for one of the above games (I think they all have free trials).
2) If you like the game, then start playing that game on CASUAL/EASY (not Expert) for your first ever Artifex Mundi playthrough. Use hints if you want. Don't worry about missing out on gamerscore - it's really easy to finish gamerscore on subsequent playthroughs.
3) Then, once you've done your first playthrough on CASUAL/EASY and you know how these games work, you can start playing the other games on Expert moving forward (using no Hints).

They're all pretty much the same game. Some people would find that to be a problem. But if you're like me and you love their games and you just want more and more, it's pretty god damn awesome to have 5 of these games being released in quick succession on the system.

I was kind of trudging through it at the beginning, but The Banner Saga (the first one) has gotten insanely good. I'm really appreciating it for the small vignettes and decisions you have to make as you traverse these massive lands. The battle system isn't fantastic but I'm starting to really enjoy the passive moments of the game, and love the art. I'm nearing the end and already can't wait to jump into the sequel.

Montresor

Thanks so much for continuing to do this every week, vert.

This is a crazy day. The Turing Test and Resident Evil 4 are definite purchases. 140 and Hue are also good choices but I need to see some more game play footage / reviews for them. They seem right up my alley though. Potentially 4 new purchases for me on one release day.

Top Bottom