• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XCOM 2 |OT| Be Aggressive! Be Be Aggressive!

Steel

Banned
Performance is very all over the place, granted I have everything turned up and am at 3440x1440. I'm on a 980 Ti with an i7-2600k @4.5, 16GB RAM, Win 10. In gameplay I get between 45 and 60, the action shots seem to drop to 30. Have to keep vsync off otherwise the game just locks to 30. FXAA alone uses a decent bit of performance. Dropping ambient occlusion to tiled give me a about 15 fps more.

Man this runs like shit, drops to ~20FPS on High on a 970 anytime there's a close up. Usually ~40FPS in normal gameplay, doesn't even look that good either.

Funny story, this is the first post in the PC performance thread:

First of all, it's fantastic that they are supporting real AA.

Secondly, I already foresee people running the game with 8xMSAA and complaining about the performance.

So is this everything ever wanted? Seems like the modding is very promising for any potential missing features. Anything glaringly flawed?

How are you guys feeling about the timed missions?

I always thought that Xenonauts was a "true" XCOM experience because it was so much more feature packed, but X2 seems like such a phenomenal true PC game

Its so awesome seeing both these games simply around.

Now if only we could see a Valkyria Chronicles sequel. Such a good time to be a fan of this genre

Lanrutcon

Game is absolutely crippling my system. The load times keep getting longer the more I play without restarting the game. CPU performance spikes and god help you if it hits 100%. I've had the game straight up stop during a loading sequence, then pause for 8 or so minutes while it sorts something out, then continue with crackling audio and pauses for loading every texture.

yeah, there's patching that needs to happen.

Edit: also, shadows. I've got them maxed in the options screen and I just entered a new mission where none are showing.

mlewis

Neo Member
I've hit a campaign stopping bug- after the third tutorial mission, on the map my tutorial just said there rather than moving the ship line I've seen on streams. Tried reloading three times now with no luck going to have to start again :-(

Tworak

I pull about 50-60 fps on my 770 with anti-aliasing and ambient occlusion off. also action cam off, as well.
what's an alternate to vyprvpn? it won't run on my comp
I think fsecure freedome *might* work. I'm not sure if they have a vpn in australia/new zealand or not.

Funny story, this is the first post in the PC performance thread:

Just like some dude took my post out of context, the game is auto selecting MSAAx8 on people, so the first thing they see on certain video cards is a 20 fps title screen. MSAAx8 should be an option...not the default setting. Not everyone is knowledgeable about what are the best settings to tweak. They expect the auto detect settings to make sense.

Just like some dude took my post out of context, the game is auto selecting MSAAx8 on people, so the first thing they see on certain video cards is a 20 fps title screen. MSAAx8 should be an option...not the default setting. Not everyone is knowledgeable about what are the best settings to tweak. They expect the auto detect settings to make sense.

You can turn off MSAAx8 right?
new to PC gaming

Yeah...not seeing any reason why this can't have controller support. I played XCOM: EU with nothing but the controller and having to use KB/M on this is kind of a drag. Also keeps me from throwing this on my flatscreen TV. Playing on the laptop monitor instead.

That said, now getting the groove of the gameplay...so good. This just needs a bit more fine tuning on the performance end. It's totally fine in the tactical view, just terribad everywhere else.

Patrick S.

Banned
Just got this for €29,49 from MMOGA.de, they have a -41% discount while stock lasts.

May only be available for purchase from Germany, because the offer seems to be tied to using Sofortueberweisung.de for payment, which is a site for making instant money transfers from supported German accounts. But I had the option of changing the payment method to PayPal without the price changing, so it might be possible to buy it at that price for non-German customers.

P.S. No, I don't work for MMOGA :p

samn

wasn't it 90 in EU as well?

It was definitely 90. I do remember a mod for 45 degree rotation, perhaps they installed it and forgot it was a mod. (Or maybe the new game has 180 degree rotation and people are getting the numbers confused? not heard anything about this though)

Taking position on a roof in concealment, waiting for a patrol to get just in the right spot, putting everyone in overwatch except for one unit who throws a grenade in the middle of the patrol, and then having the entire squad mop them up in rapid succession...pretty freaking great.

masterkajo

Just a quick question: I know how to assign Engineer to a work project but I can't seem to figure out how to assign a Scientist to a research project. It always says "Scientist available". Are all Scientists automatically assign to the current research project?

Erheller

First mission. Put everyone in cover behind a car, hunkering the guys that have LOS. Advent troopers take potshots. One of them blows up the car.

j2e8Alx.jpg

void666

Banned
Tried to unlock early with a vpn. But since my key is region locked to brazil it does not work. Oh well, more 7 hours

I await the PC performance thread before I buy this.

Considering the last one ran like shit on my more than capable rig, I'm keeping my expectations in check.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
you guys using the 3 mods readily available from the long war cats? I think Ill use all 3, they seem to add nice stuff to the game

one adds a new muton type, one adds SMGs to the game (which I believe there arent any?) and the last one adds a new specilization to classes, leadership, and you can only have 1 leader per squad.

It all sounds like stuff that should be in the game lol

Brakara

So what's the fucking point of pre-loading when there's another gigantic update when the game launches? (90 mins ++) And I'm on a 100mbs line.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So what's the fucking point of pre-loading when there's another gigantic update when the game launches? (90 mins ++) And I'm on a 100mbs line.

yeah was about to say that lol. not sure why I still preload, I would download the game faster tbh. Oh well I wasnt gonna play it, gotta go to work anyway

Top Bottom