• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Insaniac

I was really hesitant on the combat when they first showed vids of this game, but man for some reason its really grown on me and I just love it. So satisfying to nail those soul voices and get the combos and hit for huge damage.

also, is there a way to run from combat if you accidentally aggro something

finally got my 1st skell... screw that bugflea thing lolB

I was really hesitant on the combat when they first showed vids of this game, but man for some reason its really grown on me and I just love it. So satisfying to nail those soul voices and get the combos and hit for huge damage.

run away and hope that it won't catch you

Raide

Without full knowledge of all of the combat mechanics, combat can seem really boring. The Manual is a 100% recommended read for all players but the game could do a far better job of explaining all that, or at least trickling it out at a pace that people can grasp.

There is a hell of a lot of stuff going on behind combat that you have to learn to stand a chance is even the most basic encounters.

I just press B and book it out of there. Run away far enough and they'll back off.

Regarding baegflea squashes, is there any way to control the weather? In the last Xenoblade you could just constantly change the time anywhere you wanted and it would cycle the weather. I tried that at a BC in Bolivia but it is always clear weather afterwards. Did I get unlucky? I wouldn't be surprised if it is always clear cuz how else can you escape electrical storms?

Raide

For these "Collect three thingies in Primordia" quests, am I supposed to know where the hell these things are or what?

Unless a Monster has a bit green mark over its head, its usually one of those Crystals on the floor deals. Not much you can do apart from grind around and collect them as they respawn...over and over and over.

Regarding baegflea squashes, is there any way to control the weather? In the last Xenoblade you could just constantly change the time anywhere you wanted and it would cycle the weather. I tried that at a BC in Bolivia but it is always clear weather afterwards. Did I get unlucky? I wouldn't be surprised if it is always clear cuz how else can you escape electrical storms?

You can sleep to change the time. Marked as a Clock on the map. I think the pause info screen also shows the weather, or at least that's what it looks like. :D

Insaniac

Without full knowledge of all of the combat mechanics, combat can seem really boring. The Manual is a 100% recommended read for all players but the game could do a far better job of explaining all that, or at least trickling it out at a pace that people can grasp.

There is a hell of a lot of stuff going on behind combat that you have to learn to stand a chance is even the most basic encounters.

Yeah, i'm really surprised there isn't even a tutorial for combat in the intro. I only just learned about range / melee combo triggers

don't think so... they limited the place where you can adjust the time so that trick most likely won't work...

Xane

For these "Collect three thingies in Primordia" quests, am I supposed to know where the hell these things are or what?

Most Gathering quests take items from your collectibles. So easiest is just stocking up on them as you play and do other things and only accept Gathering quests where you already have all the items collected.

There are also gathering quests that require you finding special quest items (they usually start with "Find XX" in the quest text). In these, you have a designated area where you need to find red collectibles. There are more than you need and they're randomized, but easy to find.

So I found a secret cave in Oblivia with like 20 - 30 blue collectibles inside and I've wondered if there are any more of these things in other regions? They're badass for Prospectors as every collectible give 3 Blade XP. Also, Collectapedia!

Curators get 5 BLADE points per blue collectible. I switched to this Division for that reason.

Raide

Yeah, i'm really surprised there isn't even a tutorial for combat in the intro. I only just learned about range / melee combo triggers

It feels like the whole BLADE thing should start with combat mechanics from the off and then you have to start doing missions. I guess it would be loads to deal with off the bat though. :D

Xane

Curators get 5 BLADE points per blue collectible. I switched to this Division for that reason.

What.

This is why we need a more in-depth Divisions guide. There's NO information about what exactly you get for each activity per Division.

So then. Do Prospectors even get BLADE XP for mining? And if so, how much? I haven't found anything on this yet. Cause if not, I'm-a switch to Curators as I usually skimm through the map collecting everything like having serious OCD.

OmegaDL50

aOs6S2c.jpg

I can finally explore this amazing world.

Running around at night time and I saw this level 92 thing. The thing you see earlier in the game that looks like a Brachiosaur with a flat head a spiked tail

I was curious and got close to it while it was drinking from the lake, just to get a get a better idea at the sale of this thing.

I'm not even larger than one of the toes on its tree trunk like legs.

I am definitely going to enjoy playing this game and experiencing all it has to offer.

hoserx

I am at work right now and this is horrible, I must return home to play! That being said, this time is giving me a good chance to catch up on the thread (and work of course...haha) and I've picked up a few pieces of great info. Thanks to all!

R.D.Blax

I can finally explore this amazing world.

Running around at night time and I saw this level 92 thing. The thing you see earlier in the game that looks like a Brachiosaur with a flat head a spiked tail

I was curious and got close to it while it was drinking from the lake, just to get a get a better idea at the sale of this thing.

I'm barely larger than one of the toes on it's tree trunk like legs.

I am definitely going to enjoy playing this game and experiencing all it has to offer.

This one is a nice guys, even you are in front of him, you are so tiny he don't even see you. And try to run through his leg, you are in for a surprise

Im surprised people in Japan didnt complain...unless it wasnt that small there. Gonna keep tweeting NOA and NOE in hopes that someone acknowledges and responds at some point. Both the text and icons in menus need to be bigger. subtitles are fine.
Remember Japan has such small living rooms that Microsoft distriuted tape measures so people can check if their rooms were big enough to use kinect.

Reviewers here didn't seem to complain because they are generally desk bound.

One noob question: Is there any penalty for switching Divisions? The game shows the subs in Spanish for me but the audio is in english (I need to see if I can put subs in english as well). While explaining Divisions the audio didn´t say anything about there being a penalty for switching, but the sub said that "other people may not like that you change Divisions".
I thought Elma said changing divisions "is frowned upon" (which gives the same tone those subtitles do). Changing divisions costs money and I think higher ranked ones in the daily leaderboard will cost a lot more to change to.

As for language. You have to change the system language (via system settings on the Wii menu) to English to get games into English. Since this updates the GamePad it can take several minutes.

That reminds me to ask.. I'm currently Mechanic lv4 but I've seen data points that needed lv5. But it is greyed out when I level up my BLADE. I assume I have to be of a specific BLADE level first to unlock the lv5?
I don't think field skill 4>5 is a BLADE level based thing. Makes sense when you consider max BLADE level is 10 and you start with each field skill at level 1. Those 9 levels can get you to 4 in each.

Xane

I don't think field skill 4>5 is a BLADE level based thing. Makes sense when you consider max BLADE level is 10 and you start with each field skill at level 1. Those 9 levels can get you to 4 in each.

Oooh... so wait, how do I get it to lv5 then!? My google-fu was not strong enough.

Insaniac

do I need to be concerned about how much BP I use? I've been experiementing with various classes but I don't want to not have enough BP to upgrade my main class

Every monster in Sylvalum is nightmare fuel, there's this floating monster that looks like a final boss but he's just a regular monster. Then there's the horrific huge purple winged creatures that pretend they're statues and then there's the occasional mist that limits your vision.

Nope City
Population: not me

aravuus

Every monster in Sylvalum is nightmare fuel, there's this floating monster that looks like a final boss but he's just a regular monster. Then there's the horrific huge purple winged creatures that pretend they're statues and then there's the occasional mist that limits your vision.

Nope City

Yeah, posted a pic of one of the monsters in that area earlier, now I have to repost it

http://i.imgur.com/OTZLm7v.jpg

Can't wait to reach level 60 and get some super skells and start laying the smackdown on these big fuckers

Kinsei

Banned

Nope City

Isn't it great? It really makes you feel like you're in a frozen wasteland where humans are not supposed to be. I can't wait to see what Cauldros is like.

Xane

I think it's from a quest, no idea which one. I'm also waiting on getting mechanical to lvl5.

Oh okay, well then, I have to look for that quest -v-

Also, one more thing. When one of your party NPCs dies, sometimes I can revive them but other times there is no prompt popping up to revive them when I positioned myself over them. What determines when you can and cannot revive a downed player!?

Raide

Also, one more thing. When one of your party NPCs dies, sometimes I can revive them but other times there is no prompt popping up to revive them when I positioned myself over them. What determines when you can and cannot revive a downed player!?

I think its having 1000 or 3000 TP in total. If a member of your squad has enough, they can revive you too (According to the manual)

Xane

Nope City

Holy shit did this give me a good laugh. +1

TP determines ability to revive. I believe it's 3000 but luckily it carries over in each battle unless that player dies.

Xane

I think its having 1000 or 3000 TP in total. If a member of your squad has enough, they can revive you too (According to the manual)

That's like. Not explained nowhere at all. And I skimmed through the manual.

Gameplz.

Got to Sylvalum last night. Reminds me of the feeling you first get when you arrive Eryth Sea in the first Xenoblade. Loving the flora and fauna there!

Quadraxis

I never had so much trouble paying attention at school. My mind constantly drifts off to what to do next in XCX. Send help pls D:

Nope City

Haha! Yup that thick mist is nerve wracking, you just know you're going to be ambushed.

Kinsei

Banned
I found a lobster

Also where do I find Alexa? Am I not able to have her as a party member after the first affinity mission? I'm level 18ish.

She's in the Industrial district. Look on your gamepad map for a "new" symbol and tap it. One of them will be Alexa.

I want to invest is cool armor how do you get those?

also does investing in companies that money away from buying Dolls?

The armors Lin and I are wearing are from investing in Meredith & Co. The armor Alma is wearing is from investing in Grenada. No clue as I don't have a Skell yet.

Insaniac

BACKSLASH!!! sogood.gif

edit:

do I need to be concerned about how much BP I use? I've been experiementing with various classes but I don't want to not have enough BP to upgrade my main class

anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom