• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinsei

Banned
Area Discovered: Vitriol Cesspool. Well doesn't that sound lovely. At least it's pretty!

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01k7r5k.jpg

Area Discovered: Vitriol Cesspool. Well doesn't that sound lovely. At least it's pretty!

Lololol you stopped to take a screenshot as your characters are literally melting away. Also, there is a secret cave right before the high lvl mobs, with an Archeological 3 treasure in it iirc. Requires running through the poison for a bit though.

Sölf

Question:
I played a pobe (ming probe 7 or 9 I think) in Oblivia. After that, everything, enemies and my whole party, took damage each second. Probe's fault or something specific I missed? Big Mob that throws DoTs around?

aravuus

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| Welcome to New L+A

This better be OT2's title if we ever get that far

Sölf;188251538 said:
Question:
I played a pobe (ming probe 7 or 9 I think) in Oblivia. After that, everything, enemies and my whole party, took damage each second. Probe's fault or something specific I missed? Big Mob that throws DoTs around?

Thunderstorm

e: electrical storm. WHATEVER it's weather anyway

Sölf

Bwahahah! xD
Yes, we need this!

Edit:
@above: Hm, I am pretty sure the sky was clear. It also went away pretty fast (like, 1 minute or so).

Edit 2:
@below: Well, okay then. Storm it is! xD

Klyka

Banned
Sölf;188251538 said:
Question:

Electrical Storm must have started

Also, biggest thing I miss from XBWii is the more detailed closeup map and the ability to fast travel to any landmark. That being said, I can't blame it for not being included this time considering the verticality of the maps. But lack of Landmark name inclusion on the map makes remembering where some more obscure places are really hard!

Ricker

Am I the only one who thinks that the size of the letters in the screen is very small? I can't read some of the stuff unless I get too close to the screen.

Otherwise, this game rocks!!

No,some people dont mind it but its very small...I dont know why they do this and let it go like that.

Xane

Am I the only one who thinks that the size of the letters in the screen is very small? I can't read some of the stuff unless I get too close to the screen.

Otherwise, this game rocks!!

I'm glad that I decided to play this on my PC monitor. <3

Also, biggest thing I miss from XBWii is the more detailed closeup map and the ability to fast travel to any landmark. That being said, I can't blame it for not being included this time considering the verticality of the maps. But lack of Landmark name inclusion on the map makes remembering where some more obscure places are really hard!
I agree, I'll never find the cave I entered at the beginning ever again.

Hellers

Regarding baegflea squashes, is there any way to control the weather? In the last Xenoblade you could just constantly change the time anywhere you wanted and it would cycle the weather. I tried that at a BC in Bolivia but it is always clear weather afterwards. Did I get unlucky? I wouldn't be surprised if it is always clear cuz how else can you escape electrical storms?

The guide is a little inaccurate there. Early morning in rain it says. Early morning is something like two in game hours. You can't do a full sweep of the area in that time especially give it's mostly water. I got all mine (And it took about 15 minutes of running around) during regular morning clear weather. Perhaps they drop more often when it's raining.

Kinsei

Banned
I can not for the life of me find any sea anemones in Noctilum. I even swam out to that speck of the western coast and while I found some treasure I didn't find any anemones and Google isn't helping. Anyone here know where they are.

Lololol you stopped to take a screenshot as your characters are literally melting away. Also, there is a secret cave right before the high lvl mobs, with an Archeological 3 treasure in it iirc. Requires running through the poison for a bit though.

That was the secret passage.

Mendrox

I've also been baffled as to how to get a hold of research probes...

Ahhh same here. I am a pathfinder level 19, but I discovered the first three continents to 20-30%... but research probes are fucking rare. I am a level 4 mechanic and loot every yellow dot that I find...

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
My playing time this weekend was quite limited, but even so, I stayed up last night until 2 in the morning playing this. I'm level 13 currently in the chapter 4, so I'm fully into Noctilum now. Shortly been there before and saw the natives levels so went back to Primordia pretty fast. But now I have to dive in deep. What a beautiful place in which any plant can jump on you and kill you. Really love the side ways, the tunnels and everything in there, though.

I think I like this game more than the original one. Sure, the story in the original is great and unmatched by this. but in X I feel much more immersed, it really feels like you're out there on an unknown planet trying to survive. And you and everything around you is developing to accomplish that.

And for whatever reason, I understood the battle system in X more than I ever understood it in the original. And I find it rewarding when I can use it in my advantage in a smart way.

And now I'm sitting at work, reading through 4 pages of this thread (which also made me learn some new things) and my mind is at getting back home to play more.

There is a NPC along the way who tell us that Sylvalum is on another scale compared to the other continent, and I was like 'Bitch pls, I managed to survive the 3 other continent just fine !"... until I met The guardian deity distant relative and all these big monster who try to trick by being part of the scenery...

THIS! I thought the guardian deity in Noctilum was just some kind of silly dead monster, but nooooo. Then I get to Sylvalum and they're floating around there like whatever as a normal monster. Too many feels! xD

1o5nh4i.gif

Xane

I'm only at the beginning of the game, but with no spoilers, can anyone explain what the Lifehold is again?

There is also the Lifehold CORE,
where the biological forms of everyone are stored.
This is explained in one of the very first missions.

I was so excited to finally get the skell that I didn't pay attention to whatever "registry" thing they were talking about.

Where do I go to find this new menu and what does it do exactly?

I finished chapter 5 last night, and I gotta say
that "twist" was clumsy as all hell. They clearly designed the cutscene with your arm getting ripped off and revealing the robotics to be shocking, only for the characters' explanation to just be "Oh yeah, we forgot to tell you about that, NBD."

Xane

I was so excited to finally get the skell that I didn't pay attention to whatever "registry" thing they were talking about.

In the BLADE Barracks. It's in the console right in front of you.

You don't need to register any Skells when you only have your first one, but it's nice to know where it is!
Registering Skells is a way to assign a Skell to a specific character.

In the BLADE Barracks. It's in the console right in front of you.

You don't need to register any Skells when you only have your first one, but it's nice to know where it is!
Registering Skells is a way to assign a Skell to a specific character.

Thanks dude!!!!!!

Hellers

The menu in the barracks that controls the colours and stuff. It's in there. It lets you assign skells to different characters (Eventually they can all have one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom