• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
That's like. Not explained nowhere at all. And I skimmed through the manual.

Gameplz.

I'm pretty sure It was explained in the game early on that you can use powerful stuff for 1k and revive for 3k.

R.D.Blax

Every monster in Sylvalum is nightmare fuel, there's this floating monster that looks like a final boss but he's just a regular monster. Then there's the horrific huge purple winged creatures that pretend they're statues and then there's the occasional mist that limits your vision.

Nope City
Population: not me

There is a NPC along the way who tell us that Sylvalum is on another scale compared to the other continent, and I was like 'Bitch pls, I managed to survive the 3 other continent just fine !"... until I met The guardian deity distant relative and all these big monster who try to trick by being part of the scenery...

Zomba13

I need to find a spherical EM motor for a quest and I feel like throwing myself off a building. I've looked online and it seems it's not even in the area you were told to look!

This is the weakest part of the game I think. Getting told to find a collectable thing but not being told where it really is. Like when you need to find a drop from an enemy but not told where the enemies are. Like we have this great map on the pad, why not highlight the hex the thing is in? I get it you might not want to hold our hand all the time (yet you still give us mr follow orb) but it suuuuucks. Even when you look up where the item should be in the collectipedia or beastiary it's still random if you get the item or not.

That and not being able to switch party members on the fly are the worst bits so far. Especially when you need fewer people or certain people for a affinity quest thing and it doesn't just let you swap them in.

EDIT: And as per Zomba tradition, as soon as I complain about something I get it within a minute.

neoemonk

Just got to NLA but so far I love the atmosphere, music, setting, everything. I've read about the complex and layered systems and it just feels like this game was tailor made for me.

Right now I'm playing the disc version without the data packs. I bought one of the recommended hard drives but it took a little extra time to ship from Amazon so I haven't gotten it yet. It's something I've been meaning to do for my Wii U for a while, but this game just gave me the final push.

On a side note, I only recently found out about this: https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod150204

I bought a launch Wii U, and my gamepad only holds a charge for about two hours now. This advertises eight hours, so I think I'm going to pick it up for those long weekend sessions I'm expecting over the next month or two.

On a side note, I only recently found out about this: https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod150204

I bought a launch Wii U, and my gamepad only holds a charge for about two hours now. This advertises eight hours, so I think I'm going to pick it up for those long weekend sessions I'm expecting over the next month or two.

Yeah I'd definitely recommend the official bigger Gamepad battery. I got once when Splatoon came out and it made long gaming sessions much more bearable.

69wpm

Holy crap, Noctilum (I think I was there) has some nope territory. I was exploring yesterday when I entered what looked like a huge spider nest. Creepy music started, I saw my path blocked by lvl. 50+ monsters and I ran outta there.

"Press L+A to unlock the Monado!" lol why do people keep spamming stuff like this?

So you add them as favourites.

Does the "strongest" gear option actually work right? I feel like it's often switching my weapons to what are not actually the best weapons, and I can't figure out why for the life of me.

aravuus

Does the "strongest" gear option actually work right? I feel like it's often switching my weapons to what are not actually the best weapons, and I can't figure out why for the life of me.

It doesn't seem to acknowledge the augments at all... Which are pretty much the reason why you'd ever change gear, anyway. Gives you gear that has best base stat.

Not sure why the option even exists.

OmegaDL50

I love the game so far.

The only thing that seems to be an issue is the wonky target button.

I could be standing directly next to an enemy and hit R to target them and it will target some other enemy that is like 20 feet away.

Wouldn't a simple target the closest targetable enemy make more sense in this case?

Qurupeke

I had no idea Oskar is infamous. I met him when I first got into Oblivious, got rekt despite being 4 levels more and then forgot him. I should try to Skell him.

the 'choices' not actually being choices is pretty disappointing

game: do you want to do XYZ? yes or no?
me: no
game: when you say "no", do you actually mean "yes"?

and being unable to do certain things (eg. fast travel) whithout the gamepad is inconvenient

my first impression is that reviving allies requiring the full 3 morale bars isn't better than the previous game, as it seems to overemphasize the QTE stuff.

switching weapons to avoid reloading guns might be an option, but i don't know if it's an oversight or intended balance.

but the engine upgrade relative to the previous game is quite nice though. i don't miss the short draw distances and pop-in, but it lacks a lot that the previous game could get through dolphin emulator enhancements

marmoka

Banned
Am I the only one who thinks that the size of the letters in the screen is very small? I can't read some of the stuff unless I get too close to the screen.

Otherwise, this game rocks!!

Klyka

Banned

and being unable to do certain things (eg. fast travel) whithout the gamepad is inconvenient

my first impression is that reviving allies requiring the full 3 morale bars isn't better than the previous game, as it seems to overemphasize the QTE stuff.

switching weapons to avoid reloading guns might be an option, but i don't know if it's an oversight or intended balance.

but the engine upgrade relative to the previous game is quite nice though. i don't miss the short draw distances and pop-in, but it lacks a lot that the previous game could get through dolphin emulator enhancements

There are choices in the game that affect normal and affinity quests.

But your example is the main quest. It's literally asking you "do you want to be part of BLADE" which OF COURSE you have to be for the actual story/game to make any kind of sense.

You can't answer "no" and then it plays the credits and shows you as a civilian working on containers. It's not that kind of game.

wrowa

Reviving allies doesn't require three morale bars, but 3,000 TP.

Vishnu

Holy crap, Noctilum (I think I was there) has some nope territory. I was exploring yesterday when I entered what looked like a huge spider nest. Creepy music started, I saw my path blocked by lvl. 50+ monsters and I ran outta there.

So you add them as favourites.

Yeah I dont get this either, what do they gain if you favorite them?
Cause it's really a spamfest with that nonsense

Bruh the more time I've spent with this game, the cooler my character has gotten. Dude is just trill as fuck.
12339113_462931497242535_4447270990717346733_o.jpg

zakujanai

Why isn't fashion gear ever explained. I stumbled upon it by accident but it's great because now I can have Lao in full swimwear without gimping his defence

TheMoon

If I wanted to start a new Character, what options do I have?

Also, How do I join a GAF Group? Is it based upon the ones in the friends list?

If by new character you mean a new game file, you either start over by overwriting your current one or create a new user on the system.

Is there a printable Version of the manual? I'm 15 hours in but there's still so much stuff I don't quite get.

PDF link is in the OP

Am I the only one who thinks that the size of the letters in the screen is very small? I can't read some of the stuff unless I get too close to the screen.

Otherwise, this game rocks!!

you're only the 2390838th post complaining about this :)

Why isn't fashion gear ever explained. I stumbled upon it by accident but it's great because now I can have Lao in full swimwear without gimping his defence

because it was an option added via DLC in Japan.

aravuus

So what does everyone think?

Of the game?

I've never had this many complaints with a single game before. It does so many things wrong, or stupidly, or just doesn't do them at all even though they were done well in XB. It's baffling how much weird and simple stuff it gets wrong after XB.

And that said, it's still fucking amazing. I always thought XB was just solid, not a game of the generation or anything like that, so I'm honestly surprised just how much fun I'm having with the game. Maybe not "10/10 perfect new favorite JRPG", but unless I've completely forgotten some gem, a very likely GOTY for me and, honestly, probably my favorite game of this generation (PS4, Xbone, Wii U) so far.

Freeman76

Think this could be my game of the year. Reminds me so much of one of my favourite games of all time, in fact it feels almost like an evolution of it. 10/10

I haven't done much with the Skell yet but a question. Do you lose your Skell if it's destroyed? D:

not lost forever... but you need to pay to get it back (repair cost). new skells will come with insurance, but can't remember how many times the insurance will cover the repair costs

OmegaDL50

So what are the purpose of Busted equipment.

Stuff like Busted Legwear for example.

Because their sell value seems so miniscule it's not worth carrying them. Some even having a Sell value of 0.

Is there any use for them. Can I break them down into useful components? Or should I just junk them so they don't clutter up my inventory.

tizaffy

Neo Member

completely useless once you start getting mats for augments. Personally (dont know if im doing it right) but i go for gear with slots and good resistances for armour. ill then augment in soul voice augments / potential augments.

For weapons i go for the weapon with the best base accuracy and balance of damage and augment in melee dmg (as im going melee).

aravuus

completely useless once you start getting mats for augments. Personally (dont know if im doing it right) but i go for gear with slots and good resistances for armour. ill then augment in soul voice augments / potential augments.

For weapons i go for the weapon with the best base accuracy and balance of damage and augment in melee dmg (as im going melee).

I don't think there are simple rights or wrongs with the augment system. I'm personally focusing on dealing melee damage, so both my sword and gun has melee boost augments, and almost every armor piece has something that contributes toward dealing damage - max tp boost for more frequent overdrives, melee accuracy boosts etc

For other party members, I've gone with augments that hopefully keep them alive longer and if not, at least heal them more if they get revived (reinvigorate)

I initially really disliked the way the game handles equipment, but now I'm really starting to like it. Think I might farm some augment materials today.

Mupod

anyone know where the hell to find research probes? I have mining probes out the ass from exploring the first 3 continents somewhat extensively. I have a few G8-G10 even.

My best research probe is G3 and I only have one, and only a handful of G1s. In one of the continents I just linked a probe chain full of places with scenic viewpoints and high resource production so I really want to find some research probes.

jorgejjvr

anyone know where the hell to find research probes? I have mining probes out the ass from exploring the first 3 continents somewhat extensively. I have a few G8-G10 even.

My best research probe is G3 and I only have one, and only a handful of G1s. In one of the continents I just linked a probe chain full of places with scenic viewpoints and high resource production so I really want to find some research probes.
I've also been baffled as to how to get a hold of research probes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom