• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I keep going back and forth on getting this game. I could explain below the kind of games I like, etc. and those who have sunk some hours into it make a judgement on whether I would like it. - EDIT - sorry for the giant list...

- I have about 2-3 hours to play each night throughout the week and around 3-4 per night on weekend nights. (probably 20 hours per week total)

- I loved Phantasy Star Online, played a lot of World of Warcraft and enjoyed it.

- I love open world games of all kinds as long as what you DO in the world is fun and it keeps your attention.

- I LOVE exploration, finding hidden things, getting places I shouldn't go, but I always want to feel like I am at least accomplishing something.

- I hate grindy games, I don't have or want to spend hours grinding battles.

- I love RPG's but good combat and the world are critical. I typically go into every game expecting the story to be average at best so it's usually not a big factor for me.

- I have patience, I do not have ADD, and I love feeling like i've earned things in games.

- I DO plan to take advantage of the multiplayer to some extent and have read all about it.

- I love games with tons of loot, rare loot, stuff to find, etc.

You guys think this is for me or should I pass / wait for a sale?

Why don't you own this game already?

Kinsei

Banned
Okay, I keep going back and forth on getting this game. I could explain below the kind of games I like, etc. and those who have sunk some hours into it make a judgement on whether I would like it. - EDIT - sorry for the giant list...

- I have about 2-3 hours to play each night throughout the week and around 3-4 per night on weekend nights. (probably 20 hours per week total)

- I loved Phantasy Star Online, played a lot of World of Warcraft and enjoyed it.

- I love open world games of all kinds as long as what you DO in the world is fun and it keeps your attention.

- I LOVE exploration, finding hidden things, getting places I shouldn't go, but I always want to feel like I am at least accomplishing something.

- I love RPG's but good combat and the world are critical. I typically go into every game expecting the story to be average at best so it's usually not a big factor for me.

- I have patience, I do not have ADD, and I love feeling like i've earned things in games.

- I DO plan to take advantage of the multiplayer to some extent and have read all about it.

I think it's for you.

hoserx

For people who have the guide, is it worth it? Does the physical version have any more info than the e-guide?

Also, google is fucking creepy.

uh oh, you've reached the point in your life where you start googling websites instead of typing them into the url bar...... :)

Qurupeke

Qj69Vs6.jpg

What the hell is that hatch?

aravuus

I really hate this. Need to increase Lao's affinity to 1.

Yeah, wish I could give them gifts or something. Might even end up skipping some affinity quests if I have to raise the affinities to 4 or 5 hearts.

For people who have the guide, is it worth it? Does the physical version have any more info than the e-guide?

Also, google is fucking creepy.

Nope. Aside from finding where each collectible spawns (which is great), it's been more or less worthless

Done with chapter 5! I'm now one step closer to getting my first skell.

I just found out there's a limit on how many quests you can have active at one time. That's dumb.

And right after that you find a woman grieving for her husband that was "killed" out on the job.

the limit is only for the board quest. iinm the quest that you get from npc doesn't count in the limit

Jolkien

Probably your class, I think Galactic Knight arts hit harder and cooldown longer than most other classes, but I imagine you can eventually get them going way faster with Overdrive, and proper combos.

Yeah that's what I tought. If I use all my secondary melee cooldown it's an insane amount of burst in 3-4 seconds. And now I just learned and equipped a skill that when I trigger a melee cooldown one of my arts currently cooling down refresh 40% faster.

Oh that. Was that really that big of a deal for you? By the time you're fighting loads of mechon you can get anti-mechon weapons.

You fight a lot of mechon early in the game, and there's no real indication that that mechanic is going to be going away, so yeah it was a bit of a game breaker for me.

Venfayth

uh oh, you've reached the point in your life where you start googling websites instead of typing them into the url bar...... :)

Hehe, I admit it. It's mostly because whenever I open a new tab it goes straight to google and it's just the habit I'm in. I could click the address bar or hit f6 or whatever it is, but like I said it's a habit.

Jolkien

So for Elma's second heart to heart it says in the segment information Pet: Cat. I assume that comes in the story or something ?

Kinsei

Banned
You fight a lot of mechon early in the game, and there's no real indication that that mechanic is going to be going away, so yeah it was a bit of a game breaker for me.

You could have just toppled them. I don't think I ever really used enchant and instead always went with buster.

desu

I would say the eguide is ok, but not great. The paper version has like ~550 pages and I think they left quite some stuff out (it might just be buried in the awful navigation).

Worst part about the eguide for me is the horrible navigation, missing links connection certain topics/information and some really poor formating choices for some things that should be lists (but I guess its all optimized for mobile devices).

Exile20

- I loved Phantasy Star Online, played a lot of World of Warcraft and enjoyed it. Love the Elder Scrolls games, Rockstar games, Grandia 2, FF9 but don't play a lot of JRPG's these days.

Just buy the damn game and stop wasting time. :p

Running around Oblivia playing as a Blast Fencer...I am literally playing KOTOR...this is awesome. 24 hours in just finished chapter 5 taking my sweet time trying different classes. But man Blast Fencer is basically a Jedi...its so good @_@

Sylas

Could someone explain exactly what combos are in this?

I have an art that boosts damage when triggering a melee combo but I'm not sure if I'm doing a melee combo.

I have two arts that I think make a combo, one puts aggro on me and the other does more damage when enemies are targeting me, is this a melee combo or not?

Wondering this as well, actually!

Chapter 5 would have been a good spot to allow you to
edit your avatar

Something unlocks that allows you to do just that. You gotta hunt for it, though.

Exile20

I beat Hephaustus the Asconder(or something named like that). A HUGE electric manta ray, 25 level, Gold Crown. Solo, without a party. Without a mecha. With full health.

I was with the Skell and a team at first, I thought I coud take it down, but the monster took down my teammates in like 30 seconds and the mecha took 1/8 of its health and got destroyed really fast. I say, that's it, time to die. Then, for some reason, apparently I had some skill, not sure which one, that gave me an immunity on electricity. Basically, every attack it did, was 1HP of damage. It took 2 day ccles to beat it. Holy shit. Still, not sure what I had that gave me this immunity. I did like 10 overdrives.

Edit: Armor had Electric Res 100. Not sure if this is the reason.

Thanks for posting this.

I have an art that boosts damage when triggering a melee combo but I'm not sure if I'm doing a melee combo.

I have two arts that I think make a combo, one puts aggro on me and the other does more damage when enemies are targeting me, is this a melee combo or not?

basically it's using a certain type of art multiple times in a row. for melee combos you want to use a melee art, and then an art with a combo bonus like the one you're talking about. You'll know you hit it right because you'll see the spiky message bubble around the damage numbers, like when you land a directional attack in the right spot. These combo arts are pretty good in my experience.

I read somewhere in this thread that melee weapon and ranged weapon autoattack cooldowns are separate so while firing a ranged shot your melee weapon is simultaneously cooling down.

You can cooldown arts while using different weapons, but you have to use the same weapon in an art to charge its secondary cooldown. This, along with soul voices, encourages mixing it up and laying off your arts a little.

There are various combo triggers. For the melee combo, you have to use an art that uses your melee weapon, and then use the art that has the melee combo. You'll know it worked if the damage is in a spiky balloon.

javac

Apparently my package from Amazon.fr is lost lol...it was only 20 mins away.
Lost
We are sorry. Unfortunately, your package is lost during transport. Please contact Amazon.fr for next steps

Grampasso

- I loved Phantasy Star Online, played a lot of World of Warcraft and enjoyed it. Love the Elder Scrolls games, Rockstar games, Grandia 2, FF9 but don't play a lot of JRPG's these days.

So the only difference between you and me is that I own the game and I'm loving it
and you're probably one year older than me, if your nickname is a hint :p

BTW, how come I am BL 2 but I can't upgrade my Field Skill? The game (and the manual) told me I'm supposed to talk to Eleonora for that but she won't say anything different from any other named NPC. The Missions terminal next to her doesn't give me any clue either... do I have to clear Chapter 3 before I can do that? Or maybe field skills are upgraded somewhere else?

Kinsei

Banned
So the only difference between you and me is that I own the game and I'm loving it
and you're probably one year older than me, if your nickname is a hint :p

BTW, how come I am BL 2 but I can't upgrade my Field Skill? The game (and the manual) told me I'm supposed to talk to Eleonora for that but she won't say anything different from any other named NPC. The Missions terminal next to her doesn't give me any clue either... do I have to clear Chapter 3 before I can do that? Or maybe field skills are upgraded somewhere else?

You need to beat chapter 3 first.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I can finally explore this amazing world.

Running around at night time and I saw this level 92 thing. The thing you see earlier in the game that looks like a Brachiosaur with a flat head a spiked tail

I was curious and got close to it while it was drinking from the lake, just to get a get a better idea at the sale of this thing.

I'm not even larger than one of the toes on its tree trunk like legs.

I am definitely going to enjoy playing this game and experiencing all it has to offer.

I found him last night, My mouth was agape when he walked infront of me, I think he is bigger than even the other Brontosaurus types

Klyka

Banned
It also answered a question an earlier comment gave me when vandham said
they Wouldn't be there talking if the core had already been destroyed, which didn't make sense to me at first

My favorite thing was the one quest
Where you find Irina wounded and she says "Doug already took care of the proper repairs" when asked if she needs to be treated. I was all "Proper....repairs? I asked if you need first aid, wtf?"

desu

When you walk five minutes to a probe location only to see the beam of light on top of a huge ass mountain.

Then remembering that, playing through the whole game, getting a skell, progressing through the story and then getting the flight module to reach that place just to find out its requires field skill level 5 that you can not get yet ...

c261514fbfe9dbae99d100768cebf5f38865cc3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom