• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Is there any way to buy storage probes ? I need storage probe my Miranium limit is 15k and in 1 tick I mine way more than that.

You get more storage probes as rewards for quests, I've noticed. Also finding treasures out int he field, the mash A kind of treasures, almost always have a probe in them of some kind.

So to answer your question, no you can't buy them:
1. Complete quests
2. Find treasure boxes out in the field

Not really "talking" but running by people with the yellow speech bubbles.

Was information like this given for the super hidden item for the Skell mission in Oblivia? Because that was absurd.

Has there been a good online FAQ or something for this game for help finding out specific things for quests, outside of the official strategy guide?

Could you take a screenshot of the map, please ?
I tried to hunt them down the other day but I couldn't find the exact area and ending playing MGS with the mobs, lol

I'm too lazy to set up the imgur thing with wii U. Here's the map I found on google

UN4ac51.jpg

The circle area has a fast travel point, so you can fast travel to it and look around the poison swamp and the grassy area right behind you, just avoid the high level mobs

Early morning+rain is the best option but if you can't get it to rain at that spot specifically early morning is just fine (for both of them). The acorns are a bit rarer but should still spawn decently fast.

If someone knows a good spot for getting ajira melons I appreciate it. I understand they're raririty 1 but if there's a spot that you're likely to get them I'll go there.

Same for Sanelac pearls. Guide says rocky areas but they're super fucking rare there I haven't gotten a single one in multiple runs in rocky cave.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
So what exactly should I be doing as a curator, what should I concentrate on?

Honestly, nothing. Go about your business. The division only matters to other people in your online squad, they get the bonus that you signed up for if they find your avatar out in the field, talk to them, and they select "Get support".

That's my understanding. So if you see another "player" (they stand still and look like a NPC) out in the field, run up to them and talk to them and ask for their "support" and you'll get their division bonus. They also show up as a dot on the mini map, I think a green dot.

aravuus

Is this game fucking with me? Trying to do a level 13 affinity quest that ends in a level 15 boss group, and it spawns a instantly aggroed level 65 tyrant next to the fucking boss fight

I think it might have been a repeating bug, cause that shit is STUPID. Managed to kill the boss after a couple of tries tho, thankfully.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Is this game fucking with me? Trying to do a level 13 affinity quest that ends in a level 15 boss group, and it spawns a instantly aggroed level 55 tyrant next to the fucking boss fight

I think it might have been a repeating bug, cause that shit is STUPID. Managed to kill the boss after a couple of tries tho, thankfully.

I haven't tried this yet, but I think you can start a fight with a monster - shoot them with the gun- then press B and run away... and lure them into a space away from other monsters. Then reengage the fight.

I think that's what you're supposed to do, I don't know. Havent tried it yet myself.

Squishy3

I have Squad Mission hit list turned off my on my UI. If I see the Squad icon (green circle) above a monster's head, I'll go out of my way to kill it - otherwise I don't see the point. The game would be helpful if it let you know where the monsters/items were on your Squad hit list... but yeah. I read that people are supposed to send Squad messages when they've found a monster, but I haven't seen it.
People would rather just spam "L+A to unlock your Skell" bullshit instead.

Diffense

So what exactly should I be doing as a curator, what should I concentrate on?

I think curators get boosted division points when they add items to the collectopedia. There is another condition, because all divisions have two, but I don't remember. It could be recovering White Whale wreckage (like Reclaimers) because that would fit but I'm not sure.

You don't have to exclusively do those things but obviously if you're in a division that boosts the things you like to do in the game then your BLADE level will go up more effortlessly early on. I don't think it's a huge deal though.

Rnr1224

I'm on the Chapter 7 boss
Almandal Mech
and I'm having trouble. I know I could just get the difficulty lowered but I'm wondering if the battle is easier or if you are supposed use a skell to make it more manageable. I've only tried without one so far.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
People would rather just spam "L+A to unlock your Skell" bullshit instead.

I know we have a NNID spreadsheet on the OP, but maybe we should just organize a weekly GAF night and try to all get online at the same time to do nothing but kill stuff.

People need to be sure to include their GAF username and their "welcome greeting", I always like to know if I just played with someone on GAF so I can shoot them a PM and say Hi.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Also, don't forget the Potential stat increases the healing done by ability, the healing done by soul voice, and the power of TP consuming moves.

El Odio

Banned
So does anyone else get annoyed when you engage a fight and then start running towards the enemy only to get stopped by it triggering that flinch effect? I was the one who started the fight, I should get taken back when the thing decides to attack back.

Cob32

i havent touched online yet but for those that have how is it?

Seems pretty good from what I've played. I've only played easy stuff that we stream rolled. It will be interesting to take on some tricky stuff and see how important different classes are e.t.c.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So does anyone else get annoyed when you engage a fight and then start running towards the enemy only to get stopped by it triggering that flinch effect? I was the one who started the fight, I should get taken back when the thing decides to attack back.

Did you shoot it first? :p Gotta hit it first

Ventara

I've been playing offline so far. What have I been missing out on? Any significant rewards for playing online?

Edit: Also, I can't seem to find the probe site in the northeast. (the second one from the right). Is it hidden or something?

Diffense

I have Squad Mission hit list turned off my on my UI. If I see the Squad icon (green circle) above a monster's head, I'll go out of my way to kill it - otherwise I don't see the point. The game would be helpful if it let you know where the monsters/items were on your Squad hit list... but yeah. I read that people are supposed to send Squad messages when they've found a monster, but I haven't seen it.

I don't know if you know this because I spent a day wondering how you could see the actual names of the monsters you're supposed to hunt in squad missions. If you hold R then tap L you can cycle through the monster names. I say "tap L" beause it's a bit finicky. Once you know the monster names, I suppose you could check the Enemy Index if you'd encountered them before.

As for the squad messages. I saw a really dumb one as soon as I joined a squad and I just went into settings and turned them off.
Maybe when I get into some dedicated multiplayer squads I'll turn it back on to communicate.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I've been playing offline so far. What have I been missing out on? Any significant rewards for playing online?

Press L+A to play online

Other players spawn in your world and you can invite them to your party or get their divisions passive bonus if you chose the second option when you talk to them

Okay, I re-read the Multiplayer explanation stuff. After 10 hours in, it makes sense to re-read the "tutorials" since NOW you know the terminology and vocabulary being used.

So has anyone tried the Squad Missions yet? I'm curious how that works.

And also when sending out Squad messages, those aren't real-time or anything right? So if you find a monster that's on the Squad kill list - you send out a message "The monster is located over here by X, hurry up and come kill it!" - it's not like people are going to see that in real-time, right?

I tried out a few squad quests with my brother. They were pretty fun. The ones I played were mostly taking out waves of enemies together followed by a boss. Soul voice works great between human players.

And my impression is that the only reason it's not real time is because it might get delayed if someone is in a menu or something. I don't see why it wouldn't be real time for those available to read it.

I hadn't thought of sending out reports regarding the squad kill list, but I'll be sure to try that out now.

random25

It's 3am wtf lol. Finally managed to finish some of the missions and explore Primordia to 30%.

And I'm still at chapter 3 lol.

If somebody wanna add me my NNID is random25. Kinda lazy to put it on spreadsheet (might place it later) so add me up guys! I'll stop goofing around and do story-related stuff by tomorrow.

Dineren

Banned
Is this game fucking with me? Trying to do a level 13 affinity quest that ends in a level 15 boss group, and it spawns a instantly aggroed level 65 tyrant next to the fucking boss fight

Was it the one in Oblivia? I eventually gave that one up, the tyrant didn't spawn next to me, but was running around in a big circle and kept pathing over the fight. He runs so fast that he kept reaching me before they were all dead even when I tried attacking right after he passed by. I might go back and try it again, I was pretty low level last time.

Mupod

I'm trying to build my character around Overclock and I think I sort of understand it now. So you want to use as many either melee or ranged attacks in a row to build the hit count, then use a debuff/aura to change the colour, then use the rest of your attacks?
So I'd want to do this for example (I don't remember names for shit):

Flame grenade
Furious shooty thing
Offensive stance or power dive
That one melee attack that knocks people down
Tornado slash
The one you use after you taunt guys

etc.

The only thing I'm not sure about is whether my Duelist debuffs count as melee or not - their icons are purple, but they include a melee attack when they apply the debuff. So what do they count as?

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| Metal Gear Solid 6

best open world stealth game I've played this year

Diffense

I tried out a few squad quests with my brother. They were pretty fun. The ones I played were mostly taking out waves of enemies together followed by a boss. Soul voice works great between human players.

And my impression is that the only reason it's not real time is because it might get delayed if someone is in a menu or something. I don't see why it wouldn't be real time for those available to read it.

I hadn't thought of sending out reports regarding the squad kill list, but I'll be sure to try that out now.

Someone else told me that they were chatting back and forth with a squadmate so I guess it can be realtime. The game is compatible with a USB keyboard too BTW.

R0ckman

For Japanese importers, was L a victim of localization? He seems a bit weird in contrast to how he looks. He seems TOO whimsical. Still damn funny though, it's just a great contrast to his look. Was he like this in the Japan version?

Ventara

Anyone know the results to that quests where you have to either kill a few piglets or let HQ know you can't? I would've just killed them, but then Doug brought up the morality thing, so now I don't know.

Also, anyone no able to find the probe site to the northeast of Primordia (second one from the right)?

Press L+A to play online

Other players spawn in your world and you can invite them to your party or get their divisions passive bonus if you chose the second option when you talk to them

Thanks!

Teknoman

Someone else told me that they were chatting back and forth with a squadmate so I guess it can be realtime. The game is compatible with a USB keyboard too BTW.

Would that be during an actual 4p mission online? Or those things that just involve the 32p?

charpunk

Best Buy had a copy of the CE just sitting on the shelf. Picked up and realized the game inside is still sealed, so returned it since I picked the regular up there the other day.

GameStop is holding a CE guide for me too. Today is a good day.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Would that be during an actual 4p mission online? Or those things that just involve the 32p?

I would guess the former. I'm pretty sure I read maybe in the digital manual, the 32 player squad messages are saved on the server, and the ones that are +1 are then sent to everyone in the squad.

I'm going to clear out my Friends List and only add people playing this game from GAF, that way I always get in a Squad with a GAFer!

Correct, the 4 player squad quests, not the 32 player passive squads.

For Japanese importers, was L a victim of localization? He seems a bit weird in contrast to how he looks. He seems TOO whimsical. Still damn funny though, it's just a great contrast to his look. Was he like this in the Japan version?

From what I recall of the Japanese previews L was even more exaggerated in the Japanese version. I like this version of him much better.

Lamptramp

Barely dipped my toe into the game, chapter 3 and 10 hours or so, but its taken me away from Fallout 4 in that short time like I wouldn't have believed this time last week.

Spent ages adding Gaffers to friends list but have literally no idea how squads work, I suspect I need an evening with the ludicrously large guidebook which arrived today.

Any EU/Germany gaffers, I have a Collectors edition from Amazon.FR spare that Im more than happy to pass on cost before I send it back if anyone wants it.

Jolkien

Is there a list somewhere that tells you the levels or enemies of each chapter ? I finished chapter 5 and I'm level 24. I just don't wanna over level the main story and end up being unchallenged. Chapter 5 was a complete cakewalk.

Dineren

Banned
Anyone know the results to that quests where you have to either kill a few piglets or let HQ know you can't? I would've just killed them, but then Doug brought up the morality thing, so now I don't know.

Also, anyone no able to find the probe site to the northeast of Primordia (second one from the right)?

Thanks!

I spared them and Doug just said he understands and someone else would figure out what to do with them. No idea what happens if you kill them, I doubt it changes much.

Diffense

I'm not sure TBH. I know he did an actual 4-player squad mission so I have to assume that's when he did the realtime chat. But the reddit link that explains the multiplayer said Japanese players used squad messages to tell mates where the squad task targets were. They would have to be delivered in a reasonable time for that to work.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Is there a list somewhere that tells you the levels or enemies of each chapter ? I finished chapter 5 and I'm level 24. I just don't wanna over level the main story and end up being unchallenged. Chapter 5 was a complete cakewalk.

Don't worry about it, you are better off being a little OP compared to bosses. If anything just avoid using aguments if you want to avoid being really OP

aravuus

Was it the one in Oblivia? I eventually gave that one up, the tyrant didn't spawn next to me, but was running around in a big circle and kept pathing over the fight. He runs so fast that he kept reaching me before they were all dead even when I tried attacking right after he passed by. I might go back and try it again, I was pretty low level last time.

Yeah. It was ridiculous, the only reason I had any chance to win was because I'm almost level 40 so the enemies really didn't take many hits to take down

Trying to get 30% survey rate on Oblivia for a quest and I'm stuck at 29.97%

Incredible lmao

cyba89

That Lvl19 Vigent you have to defeat in the affinity mission before chapter 6 is wrecking me even though I'm 3 levels higher than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom