• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diffense

Can quests disappear from the quest board if you don't take them?
I'm pretty sure I had a quest to take down a tyrant at the beach in Primordia named
Torteau, The Delectable, or something like that
I didn't take it right away and after I did some other quests and went back I couldn't find it.

Chaos17

I'm too lazy to set up the imgur thing with wii U. Here's the map I found on google

Early morning+rain is the best option but if you can't get it to rain at that spot specifically early morning is just fine (for both of them). The acorns are a bit rarer but should still spawn decently fast.

If someone knows a good spot for getting ajira melons I appreciate it. I understand they're raririty 1 but if there's a spot that you're likely to get them I'll go there.

Same for Sanelac pearls. Guide says rocky areas but they're super fucking rare there I haven't gotten a single one in multiple runs in rocky cave.

Thanks!

R.D.Blax

HQZlyRD.jpg

Finally, all of my team have skell now. Time to run over every little monster of the game

Thanks a lot. It was a moleworm paradise. lol

No problem, and I will thanks Xane too because I don't I would found this place anytime soon !

massoluk

Banned
I'm really not sure how Overdrive work here, even after reading the manual.
Basically just keep using the same color actions when you activate Overdrive to rack up the counter? Is there someway to extend it like using neutral skill in original Xenoblade?

Mupod

Yeah. It was ridiculous, the only reason I had any chance to win was because I'm almost level 40 so the enemies really didn't take many hits to take down

Trying to get 30% survey rate on Oblivia for a quest and I'm stuck at 29.97%

Incredible lmao

I got the chapter 6 requirement (20% noctilum) and that quest mixed up in my head so I ran around oblivia at level 20-ish raising it. Actually ended up well above 30%, although I facepalmed hard when I got back to town.

I'm really not sure how Overdrive work here, even after reading the manual.
Basically just keep using the same color actions when you activate Overdrive to rack up the counter? Is there someway to extend it like using neutral skill in original Xenoblade?

see my previous post on the last page for what I THINK is how it works. I ran out of weekend before I could test it.

Searched everywhere for this affinity mission "the matchmaker" to continue on to chapter 8 but no luck. Anyone found it and could point me in the right direction?

Also I've been having really bad luck with my Skells lol. Where can you renew the insurance or whatever? Keep wasting money repairing it.

Edit: Finally found the matchmaker in the commercial district.

All right just got one of my AMs to level 4. All the rest are level 3. Progression seems to be

Lvl 1: Light armor and any weapons they have
Lvl 2: Medium armor and maybe other weapon unlocks
Lvl 3: Heavy armor, possibly skell uniform, and maybe weapons
Lvl 4: R&D upgrade, which basically means all of their store stuff is made better w/ bonuses
Lvl 5: Haven't reached this yet but someone here said it was unlocked skell armor. Won't be for a while until I can confirm for sure, but should be this.

aravuus

I think someone asked here where to find sludge caecuses in Noctilum - did you ever find it? Need to find them for a quest

Glix

Listen, I'm trying to stay spoiler free, and finish up Xenoblade before I start this and I just wanted some friendly ears to understand that SWIMMING IS HORRIBLE. I hate the fucking Sea zone and I hate swimming.

kaioshade

Welp, USPS lost my collectors edition.

After "attempting" delivery (bullshit), now they seemingly have not attempted to redeliver, and have no idea where the package is.

Lovely.

ivysaur12

Banned
So what is the trade off of Heavy Armor vs. Medium vs. Light? Do you lose some mobility or something? Speed seems to be more tied to weapons than armor?

I've been playing offline so far. What have I been missing out on? Any significant rewards for playing online?

Edit: Also, I can't seem to find the probe site in the northeast. (the second one from the right). Is it hidden or something?

You're missing out on reward tickets I believe. I use them to buy items for those annoying affinity fetch quests.

Nightbird

I think I spoiled the Identity of the final boss to me while I was looking for the Locations of the other Party Members in the Wiki.

And here I thought I was finally able to play a game without being spoiled in any way again

giphy.gif

pablito

Spent a good chunk of time playing since after work on Friday. Haven't even gotten fully past chapter 5. I love being distracted in this game so much. Can't wait to get home to play, but my GF has been fighting me for the Wii U to play Mario 3D world
I let her play every single time

Vena

So what is the trade off of Heavy Armor vs. Medium vs. Light? Do you lose some mobility or something? Speed seems to be more tied to weapons than armor?

Resistances. Heavy is good against physical but will get your shit kicked in against anything else.

Medium is balanced.

Light/Skell is high resistance, no armor.

wheapon

So uh... What do the L and A buttons actually do?

I feel like I'm missing out since my wife and I have a no buying stuff for ourselves during Christmas to avoid gift collision thing.

Klyka

Banned

Light armor allows more upgrades of augments/battle traits than heavy armor.

Like my heavy armor on Lin allows me to upgrade her "max hp" 1 time but my light armor on Elma allows me to upgrade her "Melee Attack" 3 times.

Vena

Light armor allows more upgrades of augments/battle traits than heavy armor.

Like my heavy armor on Lin allows me to upgrade her "max hp" 1 time but my light armor on Elma allows me to upgrade her "Melee Attack" 3 times.

Thats just random drop properties. All armors can have 5 slots.

Mupod

All right just got one of my AMs to level 4. All the rest are level 3. Progression seems to be

Lvl 1: Light armor and any weapons they have
Lvl 2: Medium armor and maybe other weapon unlocks
Lvl 3: Heavy armor, possibly skell uniform, and maybe weapons
Lvl 4: R&D upgrade, which basically means all of their store stuff is made better w/ bonuses
Lvl 5: Haven't reached this yet but someone here said it was unlocked skell armor. Won't be for a while until I can confirm for sure, but should be this.

I've got Sakuraba as far as it can go and the last upgrade I got turned the quality/rarity of all their store items from blue to yellow.

Leiru

how the hell do you defeat the tainted sphinx? i did so well my first time and now im struggling super hard. andctheres this other sphinx that comes out of nowhere too

Insaniac

so the game has no real "open world' multi where i can just run around killing things with an actual multiplayer comrade right?

aravuus

so the game has no real "open world' multi where i can just run around killing things with an actual multiplayer comrade right?

Nope

And don't talk about it, just makes me realize what we're missing. Being able to fully coop this game would be... Insane

Man

Some day

At least Dark Souls 3 is coming out soon to satisfy my coop needs

Diffense

Nope. Squad missions are the closest thing to that since they take place in the same world AFAIK and you do them in realtime with other human players. But I don't think you are allowed to go too far off the mission path during those. I haven't done one though, so my experience is very limited.

Luigi87

>Start game
>Make character
>Immediately reset game and remake character after deciding wanting to change appearance

I'm off to a great start, lol

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I sort of miss how the map was in Xenoblade where you went around filling in the map, so you knew where you hadn't been---the new system doesn't give me as good of an idea of what areas I haven't been too.

Also is there any in-game list that tracks the landmarks you've found?

Insaniac

>Start game
>Make character
>Immediately reset game and remake character after deciding wanting to change appearance

I'm off to a great start, lol

from what I hear you can change you appeaerance afterwards so if you're unhappy with it you'll be able to change it, at some point

TrueBlue

I gotta admit, putting Adam Howden as my voice and hearing him shout "Back Slash!" and "I'm really feeling it!" put the cheesiest grin on my face.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom