• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anfang

So when you get Skells and start fighting with them, does your class still gain levels or just the normal level only?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I have a question for those that own the game.
I read up about the whole mechs getting destroyed and paying to get them back thing.

Is the currency for them hard to come by? Is the currency finite?
I would hate to be in a position where I don't have a mech because I was killed too many times.

Myriadis

FREEDOME!

WVW69io9HNQOUQS0jh

Kinda unrelated, but what is it with the huge percentage number on the tower? I seem to have missed it, or does it get explained later? Chapter 3 for now.

Baliis

Kinda unrelated, but what is it with the huge percentage number on the tower? I seem to have missed it, or does it get explained later? Chapter 3 for now.

Keep playing

I have a question for those that own the game.
I read up about the whole mechs getting destroyed and paying to get them back thing.

Is the currency for them hard to come by? Is the currency finite?
I would hate to be in a position where I don't have a mech because I was killed too many times.

Infinite, you get revenue from the probes you place so you get a steady income as youre just out doing things. You might run out for a bit if you die a ton, but money seems pretty easy to come by.

brinstar

So what characters are you guys using. Last I played I had MC, Elma, Lin and Irina.

I've been swapping between Irina and Lao. When I'm doing side stuff I use a party made up of my friends' characters or Irina and Gwin.

I still haven't seen Doug hanging around anywhere lol

cand

I finished Chapter 5 now... HOLY SHIT! Why people don't like the story of this game. Until now everything is amazing. I love the affinity quests too.

finally an explanation for the dead eyes XD

Meant to fight 3 humanoid enemies, mission objective, i'm like 5 levels below them. Only option is to grind on enemies around there, but keep getting killed by them too lol.

You can actually beat enemies above your level, remember to spend battle points to upgrade arts and skills, it took me 10 hours till I noticed that :( . It helps cooldowns on skills a lot so you have skills ready for soul voices. Really crucial for combos also, i chose tge bottom classes and I get guaranteed criticals comboing into the spin flip which lets me activate soul voice. Buff heal is also a decent skill early because it is on demand healing whenever I need it (500 hp whenever I apply a buff).

Between Irina and Lao, I find that Lao meshes with my soul voice much better, since he seems to do a lot of melee skills. He also seems to talk to Lin after battles a lot, while Irina just asks Elma to go shopping.

Meant to fight 3 humanoid enemies, mission objective, i'm like 5 levels below them. Only option is to grind on enemies around there, but keep getting killed by them too lol.

Make sure you are picking the skills and leveling up the arts for you, and your teammates. I couldn't figure out how to level up arts for the longest time, and the first few ranks drastically lower the cooldown on your abilities.

Someone here said they had Hope and weren't sure how useful she is... Now I'm considering getting Frye for now. Seems like a decent damage dealing tank, which is what I'd need. But I'm really struggling. I think that what I might do is get Frye, get him to level 21, test things out with Hope and see which of the two works the best.

But I technically already have a tank that takes the attention from enemies. Uuuuuuuuuuuuuugh decisions. Fucking game forcing me to take Elma with me for basically everything.

what mission/chapter are you in?

Because if it was one of those question mark quests you can get around the world, those don't appear based on your level. I'm currently stuck with one of those missions (you can't remove them) because the last location for it requires you to fight TWO level 30+ enemies to get an item. I got this mission when I was like level 10. So it's been sitting there on my list taunting me

Jolkien

So I almost maxed my class I'm wondering should I level others or keep my battle points to push my arts higher levels... Any recommendations ?

Plum

I think I spoiled the Identity of the final boss to me while I was looking for the Locations of the other Party Members in the Wiki.

And here I thought I was finally able to play a game without being spoiled in any way again

Now you know to never look up anything about a game before you finish it, EVER, under ANY circumstance.

Youtube is especially bad for this, you'll just be looking up some gameplay or tips and "TATSU, TEDDY AND SCRAPPY DOO TAG TEAM FINAL BOSS" appears in the recommended videos.

The only place I feel relatively safe is here.

Anyone knows what drops a Beryl Aetrygon horn?

It says it's a level 1 gathering mission in oblivia but I don't see any enemy called like that.
If only there was a list of all the enemies and their locations somewhere out there :p
check the river running through Oblivia, and the hole that it empties out into
Was it the one in Oblivia? I eventually gave that one up, the tyrant didn't spawn next to me, but was running around in a big circle and kept pathing over the fight. He runs so fast that he kept reaching me before they were all dead even when I tried attacking right after he passed by. I might go back and try it again, I was pretty low level last time.
It only exists during the day, you can just change the time to night and he won't show up at all.
So what is the trade off of Heavy Armor vs. Medium vs. Light? Do you lose some mobility or something? Speed seems to be more tied to weapons than armor?
Armor classes have different numbers of enhancements available(for the affixes/"battle traits" that already exist on the equipment). Skell armor has the most, then light/BLADE, then medium, and heavy has the least.
btw, how's the probe app coming along? :v
Shhhh,
if nobody remembers I said anything, I won't feel bad about being lazy with it.
I spent most of the weekend working on the sheet, guess I should just hurry up with a barebones release of the probe thing and fix everything later :/

If only there was a list of all the enemies and their locations somewhere out there :p
check the river running through Oblivia, and the hole that it empties out into

It only exists during the day, you can just change the time to night and he won't show up at all.

Armor classes have different numbers of enhancements available(for the affixes/"battle traits" that already exist on the equipment). Skell armor has the most, then light/BLADE, then medium, and heavy has the least.

Shhhh,
I spent most of the weekend working on the sheet, guess I should just hurry up with a barebones release of the probe thing and fix everything later :/

damn dawg, thanks for the list. The guide is useless in this regard. It just says "Oblivia" when I found the enemy type. I mean I had already killed it by then but thanks.

sora87

Hmm you might be missing something, im 31 hours in didn't stop to grind once, it all happens while exploring doing sidequests do you beeline the story mission ?

I only found one side quest so far and it was to help some guy in a skell. I leveled up and got a support TP skill that regens health and that helped big time, I'm past that bit now. It's pretty overwhelming compared to other JRPGs I've played

Xeno Gaf is a cool section on Gaf and what would make Xeno Gaf better is if all of ya'll be mindful of spoilers and spoiler images. Not everyone on Gaf can trailblaze like some of you can.

This!

I have kept away from XenoGaf for this reason, and I would really like to visit more often.

Jolkien

I only found one side quest so far and it was to help some guy in a skell. I leveled up and got a support TP skill that regens health and that helped big time, I'm past that bit now. It's pretty overwhelming compared to other JRPGs I've played

Yeah the vast majority of jRPG are really easy, glad you made it past where you were stuck. A bit later you can tackle stuff a lot higher than you. I've beaten two lvl 36 enemy while I was level 25.

The combat system at a glance looks really simple but it's pretty deep.

MechaX

I know this game did not just make me swim to a new landmass with level 20-50 enemies wandering around, make me run through all that shit and reach another place I am clearly not supposed to be at with level 40+ enemies only to make me fight some level 10 mooks at the very tip of the island as part of a quest.

Shhhh,

Maybe you can release a quick version and have other people finish it up :p

TheJoRu

Just started the game again. Turns out I had forgotten to save during my last session and lost about two hours of progress.

RdRLZ.gif

Docpan

Hey, guys. Update me.

Are you liking X over the original Xenoblade so far?

I only have time for one, unfortunately....

Teuoxton

Finally got my skell. Promptly lost it rolling into Sylvalum.

Thank ye gods for insurance haha. >.< I've got to be more careful.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
then you walljump up there and Solid Snake past a gorillion level 55 enemies, drop down on the probe from above and mash the A button just fast enough to place it before they kill you.

atmJBjB.gif

Lol. This is the main gameplay mechanic during the first chapters.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Hey, guys. Update me.

they both have their ups and downs, but both are still two of the finest jRPGs of the last 10 years.. I'd say play Xenoblade.. not because it's better... but simply because just like say FF VI and Chrono Trigger, both need to be played, even if some prefer one over the other.

ivysaur12

Banned
Hey, guys. Update me.

They're very different games. I think X is much more refined than Xenoblade was, but Xenoblade feels a little more of an instant classic for a host of reasons. That being said, I only finished Chapter 4 and apparently X gets crazy better once you get Skells/the story picks up.

Skilletor

So I just got back to NLA...I ran around getting into battles trying to get a feel for them. It's not making much sense to me. I don't get the targeting, the timing window that seems to randomly pop up. I'm pretty much just letting things autoattack and don't feel engaged at all in the battle system.

I'm sure this is because it's the intro and these are trash mobs, but did I miss some explanations? Is there a decent video primer on the battle system?

Chaos17

Hey, guys. Update me.

Roomate with 60 hours prefer this one.

So I just got back to NLA...I ran around getting into battles trying to get a feel for them. It's not making much sense to me. I don't get the targeting, the timing window that seems to randomly pop up. I'm pretty much just letting things autoattack and don't feel engaged at all in the battle system.

I'm sure this is because it's the intro and these are trash mobs, but did I miss some explanations? Is there a decent video primer on the battle system?
I've compiled on this webite different infos abut the game : https://fanofxenobladex.wordpress.com/category/faq/guide/
If the FAQ section isn't enough, you've the videos section too.
CTRL+F is your friend.

kizmah

Only four hours in but the game has just clicked for me. The setting, the music, the battle system, the atmosphere in the Blade HQ. It all feels amazing. I mean, look at that!

lx9HPNG.jpg

b9EIXYI.jpg

hohoXD123

Enjoying it so far but is it just me or do the cutscenes seem...boring? I'm still at the beginning but I don't know what it is, maybe the lack of any background sounds and pauses between characters speaking which last a second or two too long, it feels off.

I started using them yesterday, theyre good but look ugly. They float above your shoulders which looks weird. The lightsabre is pretty sweet though.

I find them terrible thankfully the way I play my Galactic Knight I don't use them much. The lightsaber is amazing.

Had one for a while that looked a lot like the energy sword from Halo.

terrible in damage dealing/skills that use them?

I want a party member that her downside is that she uses psycho launchers/knife as her weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom