• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jolkien

terrible in damage dealing/skills that use them?

I want a party member that her downside is that she uses psycho launchers/knife as her weapons.

Their arts don't seems worth it at all for the build I'm currently playing. They do lacklustre damage, thei have an insane AoE range, pul;led my fair share of non aggressive monster while fighting another. They certainly don't pack a punch.

Between Irina and Lao, I find that Lao meshes with my soul voice much better, since he seems to do a lot of melee skills. He also seems to talk to Lin after battles a lot, while Irina just asks Elma to go shopping.

I would totally do an affinity quest where its nothing but Irina and Elma out shopping.

Evilkazz

Banned
This is quickly becoming one of my favorite games of all time. Not even joking.

Not that I dont see it's flaws (hit/miss soundtrack and overall vague/grindy quests sometimes). But no game this year has sucked me in so deep so quickly. There's just so much to do and just when I though I was getting bored of the 3 continents I'm currently on I find new things on them.

Not to mention I a big mecha anime nerd and this scratches an itch that hasn't been scratched since Armored Core V:Verdict Day. Cant wait to see what else this game has in store.

Their arts don't seems worth it at all for the build I'm currently playing. They do lacklustre damage, thei have an insane AoE range, pul;led my fair share of non aggressive monster while fighting another. They certainly don't pack a punch.

Damn. Well hopefully she's good enough I only need her till chapter 8 (lvl 32ish) or so which is when you'd unlock the party member I really want for end game.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Also if you guys want to level up quick, fight the Grex (lizard or wolf type) monsters. You can easily defeat them even if they are 7 levels above you.

You're pretty far so quick question: How different looking are the different armor pieces you can get for skells?

Like could a medium weight skell not look as bulky if you put light armor pieces on it?

From what I can tell, the different skell armor pieces don't change the Skell's appearance. Or at least the ones in the shops don't.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
then you walljump up there and Solid Snake past a gorillion level 55 enemies, drop down on the probe from above and mash the A button just fast enough to place it before they kill you.

atmJBjB.gif
The thrill is real

Kadin

Opinions on reasons NOT to sell old weapons and armor? I keep everything else but figure this stuff is safe to sell, right?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
You're pretty far so quick question: How different looking are the different armor pieces you can get for skells?

Like could a medium weight skell not look as bulky if you put light armor pieces on it?
Yes, it won't look as bulky if you replace heavy/medium with light armor pieces. I just checked.

massoluk

Banned
The story so far (mid chapter 6) is pretty solid and consistent and not so outlandish even for a game about giant mech. Random thought, I like how this game didn't shy away from "How come Aliens speak English" trope. Major prop there if under-appreciated.

Evilkazz

Banned
So its ok to just say "fuck it" and skip the original?

Well that's up to you to decide. Enjoying X isn't dependent on you playing the first one but just like final fantasy they're both different and have their merits/faults.

Do you want a more linear game with open areas and a good long story? Or do you want to creat your own character and explore a world and acquire mecha.

Jolkien

The story so far (mid chapter 6) is pretty solid and consistent and not so outlandish even for a game about giant mech. Random thought, I like how this game didn't shy away from "How come Aliens speak English" trope. Major prop there if under-appreciated.

I loved that it was mentioned, I hope they elaborate on that plot thread.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
"Is that so? Little miss stick-in-the-rear"

I love working for Hulk Hogan

burgerdog

^^^^^ This.

Is chapter 5 as awesome as you guys are making it out to be? I reached it last night but spent time doing affinity quests instead.

TheJoRu

Fuck. I've literally just done the same thing. Dammit other games and their bloomin autosaves putting me off D;

Indeed. Wasn't my most efficient two hours; I mostly messed around collecting materials and stuff, and did a few quests, so it won't take two hours to get somewhat back to speed, but man this sucks. Perhaps the most annoying aspect is that incorrect play time counter mocking me. Maybe I should just leave the game on for two hours to get it back to where it should be.

...and gain some Miranium and money in the process ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

From what I can tell, the different skell armor pieces don't change the Skell's appearance. Or at least the ones in the shops don't.

Yes, it won't look as bulky if you replace heavy/medium with light armor pieces. I just checked.

Cool thanks. I want a medium Skell but at the same time the bulky look was holding me off. I'll double check within the next 3-4 levels when I do the skell test.

aravuus

Haven't even gotten a skell yet and I've already got 4 orange skell weapons and a shitton of green and blue ones

Love it!

Jolkien

Indeed. Wasn't my most efficient two hours; I mostly messed around collecting materials and stuff, and did a few quests, so it won't take two hours to get somewhat back to speed, but man this sucks. Perhaps the most annoying aspect is that incorrect play time counter mocking me. Maybe I should just leave the game on for two hours to get it back to where it should be.

...and gain some Miranium and money in the process ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).

Im tempted to let my WiiU run for this reason but I kinda want and accurate clock for when I finish :p

Wiseblade

After 32 hours of play, I finally have a Skell. Now to level up EVERY PLAYABLE CHARACTER and get them all Mech'd up.

Goodbye life

Chaos17

Enjoying it so far but is it just me or do the cutscenes seem...boring? I'm still at the beginning but I don't know what it is, maybe the lack of any background sounds and pauses between characters speaking which last a second or two too long, it feels off.

Play with the camera yourself, you might find some interesting shot during cutscenes ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Blues1990

What level do they have to be, out of curiosity? For future reference.

If Lyn was level 28, but a Skell's level requirement was level 30, she won't be able to be assigned to it. Basically, it depends on the level of the character and the requirements of the Skell.

I've got enough money to get a 4th skell but I don't really have a 4th character that I've geared/leveled up. I'm about to enter Chapter
though so maybe holding off in hopes of new skell frames unlocking would be better.

Marow

I really wish characters you're not using would level up. I mean, it's gotta be quite the grind later on if you want to do affinity quests and such.

Wiseblade

What level do they have to be, out of curiosity? For future reference.
I heard somewhere it's level 30. The in-game manual says "a character cannot pilot a Skell with a higher level than their current level" but I can't find a visible Skell level anywhere. The starting Skell seems to be a lower level than any of the ones for sale; around level 20 judging by which of my characters can pilot it.

MouldyK

Is there a level point where the enemies who are level 5 don't get alert by you?

I remember in Xenoblade Chronicles you stopped alerting them when you were like 10 Levels higher than them.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
LOL doing 52k dmg on a single move now at level 27 xD This feels so hilarious. Havent even touched a skell yet and Im stripping off half life off stuff ment for them xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom