• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
two questions if someone could help me quickly so I'm not playing this game cowardly and paralyzed:

1. Any suggestions for good melee skills to level up? I'm going all top row so I can use big swords...also, do I have to be super careful with the points for leveling up arts, or can I "mess up" a lot and not cause too many problems?

2. I'm only at Chapter 3 in terms of story missions, but I have a million sidequests, if I continue with story missions for a little, does it ever make me lose out on the quests I have, or make me lose out on getting certain quests?

Anyone got any suggestions on these questions?

Also, what does "boosts damage in melee combos" mean?

Jims

Still in Chapter 4, but loving the tyrants they put along the path in the jungle. It can be a little annoying upon fast traveling back again but they're easy enough to dispatch at this point. I think I'm slightly over-leveled right now. Also really enjoyed the mini cave adventure it takes you on with one of the sidequests. This game is king of suckering you into a location with a field action spot or whatever, just to drop a tyrant on you.

(Although I got spoiled by a Gamexplain video on that one tyrant, however. I saw it from a cliff and thought, "Oh hell no am I checking that out." I'll probably walk into the trap for fun later, though.)

I joined Prospectors and was surprised to see that they were really killing it in the division rankings. It's been giving division rewards every day but was surprised to see the ridiculous cumulative total. I'm guessing the fact that all the players are still in the early-to-mid game, that the division gets favored with the new location discoveries and mining points.

TheJoRu

ITS THE CIIIIIIIIIIIRCLE OF LIFE

KEiorFY.jpg

I can defintely feel the love put into this game tonight. I just can't wait to play more of it.

latest

Goodness gracious. Too perfect to not be intentional.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
The frozen pizza quest

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

"Even the great ******** destroyer of worlds could not but now before the pizza!"

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey

If you are going Striker/Duelist, max out the Rising Blade skill. It does bonus melee damage when you taunt an enemy so this is what you have to do:

1) Infuriate to grab aggro
2) Activate offensive stance aura which boosts melee damage
3) Use Magnum Edge to lower physical res of an enemy
4) Use Rising Blade
5) Watch entire HP go down.

= Rekt.

You can do main missions any time you want, you won't lose out on side quests. Don't worry about it.

Shun

Combos are when you do arts in a row in succession.

For example if you have a ranged combo, you would use a yellow ranged art first then that orange melee art after.

You can see that the damage you do is boosted via the damage indicators.

A melee combo would be the same but with an orange art first.

Most of your attack arts should have something to show how you can boost your damage output.

The Dual Swords/Dual Guns class makes really really good use of these combos and does a lot of damage by focusing on hitting from the sides or behind the enemy and combing melee arts.

So.. I completed "The Hero's Ride" quest and got an item that I can't seem to find: Sakurada Suit (Male). What is this and where can I equip it? lol

Clawww

Finally wrapping my head around Soul Voice. I was explaining it to a friend who pointed out the system's similarity to gems in SFxT, lol. Way more potential here. Not even sure what kind of set-ups/combos I want to/can create, just feels like there are so many possibilities.

For example if you have a ranged combo, you would use a yellow ranged art first then that orange melee art after.

A melee combo would be the same but with an orange art first.
The art used before doesn't have to be those colors to give the bonus, it just has to use your melee/ranged weapon to count as the corresponding combo.
So.. I completed "The Hero's Ride" quest and got an item that I can't seem to find: Sakurada Suit (Male). What is this and where can I equip it? lol
That's a holofigure, you can display them in the barracks in that side room.

eaise

Neo Member
So I saw one post with someone explaining their class and how good they thought it was. My question to everyone now is what class do you think is overpowered? And why?

I really never saw this happening

YbfYzdC.png

I'm really damn stoked to get home and play my copy this weekend.

The ps4 version has a 87 and 55 reviews, versus pc 32 reviews so I don't get that comparison. Plus x is gonna have a hard time holding a 85 any negative reviews will bring it down.

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
Man how did these idiots manage to make it off of planet Earth? Minor chapter 5 spoiler:
I just met like the 6th alien race that speaks English, and finally Elma and Lin realized that this is somewhat strange.

Anyone have a good breakdown or suggestions for the classes?

I mostly just want to be offensive as much as possible, regardless of range. I loved playing Shulk in the last game as it felt like positioning and movement were super vital since he wasn't a tank.

I'd like to do something similar, though not identical. I don't want to be a tank. I wouldn't mind ranged largely but I want to deliver damage and I don't want to stand it one place and press buttons. Am I basically just heading for Metal Jaguar, or is there another option?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
So im super confused in battle. How do I heal? How does dodging work? Do you just move around?

There will be QTEs during battle, get them right and you get some health back. (I think, haven't really paid attention haha. It's so chaotic most of the times.)

Also yeah, you can move around. Get behind an enemy to do more damage etc.

I really never saw this happening

YbfYzdC.png

I'm really damn stoked to get home and play my copy this weekend.

I have a platinum trophy for Fallout 4 and Xenoblade X so far in 30-40 hours of play has vastly surpassed it. I can't say I enjoyed playing that game, it wasn't memorable at all.

The ps4 version has a 87 and 55 reviews, versus pc 32 reviews so I don't get that comparison. Plus x is gonna have a hard time holding a 85 any negative reviews will bring it down.

It's a comparison which is made all the time...a platform vs another which one game vs another. Fallout could go down easily too, so stop being so childish.

Ulysses 31

So im super confused in battle. How do I heal? How does dodging work? Do you just move around?

You mainly heal by doing the doing the soul challenges right(press B in time) and Arts that restore HP.

Some attacks can be avoided by going out of range or moving out of the way of the attack(directional attacks).

It's a comparison which is made all the time...a platform vs another which one game vs another. Fallout could go down easily too, so stop being so childish.

You he picks the lowest metracritic score to prove his agenda, xb1 has 32 reviews has a 88, pc has 32 reviews has a 84, PS4 has 55 reviews and has 87, so why pick the lowest score when it has the least amount of reviews. Of course the score with the most reviews should be used.

Just started, whoever said there are tons of systems in the game was right. Jeez, it's crazy, and the text is stupid small too. Looks like they added a lot of depth to the battle system which is good.

You he picks the lowest metracritic score to prove his agenda, xb1 has 32 reviews has a 88 pc has 32 reviews has a 84, PS4 has 55 reviews and has 87, so why pick the lowest score when it has the least amount of reviews.

Edit: Damn smartphone.

I wrote an response to that but it qould derail thos thread to much. Isn't it just nice to see that the west likes Xenoblade? In the end it doesn't matter because Fallout 4 will sell 25 million copys and Xeno MAYBE 1 million...

Edit 2: And how do you like the game btw? I mean you're in the OP and wanna clearly talk about your experience with it. Show us your avatar.

VillageBC

You he picks the lowest metracritic score to prove his agenda, xb1 has 32 reviews has a 88, pc has 32 reviews has a 84, PS4 has 55 reviews and has 87, so why pick the lowest score when it has the least amount of reviews. Of course the score with the most reviews should be used.

Why assume the worst and that he didn't just pick the reviews for the system he owns?

I'm thinking of starting over. Which class is the most fun to play in your opinion? I want to play as a class that's flashy and effective.

hatchx

Banned

TBH, after reading the Japanese import impressions I thought XCX was gonna land low 70s.

I havn't gotten my hands on it yet because I've been out of town, but I think western audiences appreciated the sheer scope and overlooked the lack of story. I'm really excited to get home and play it. I'm the type of gamer who will probably never beat it or figure out all the nuances and mechanics, but I'll love just free-roaming and exploring, slowly grinding my way up levels unbeknownst to me.

EDIT - IGN just have it an 8.2

Hello folks,

How's everyone enjoying the game so far? I'm not really into JRPGs, but this game looks very cool to me. Should I pick it up?

random25

Anybody has a list of augments and what they do? I know good number of them but some I need to check on placing augments page to see what they actually do. I don't buy equipment BTW mostly using equips dropped by monsters so a lot of them have set augments already. It would be nice to see what they do before I swap equipment.

Hello folks,

How's everyone enjoying the game so far? I'm not really into JRPGs, but this game looks very cool to me. Should I pick it up?

What kind of game are you looking for?

Also, I would recommend watching Giant Bomb's Quicklook of Xenoblade X. They provide a pretty comprehensive look at the game.

hatchx

Banned

I honestly just took a picture of the top page on metacritic. Didn't realize it sat higher on PS4/XB1. Although that's a bit curious because I've heard the performance on PC is superior.

Ulysses 31

I'm thinking of starting over. Which class is the most fun to play in your opinion? I want to play as a class that's flashy and effective.

Seems like a bit of a stretch to think that there are people who've fully tried out all the classes to give a fair comparison at this stage of the game.

And why would you start over rather than changing class and level that up with your current character.

How are people managing side quests? Just accepting them all and doing them at random, or focusing on a few at a time? I wish there was a way to check recommended level after accepting.

I love H.B.

Only an asscave could love H.B

Hello folks,

I honestly just took a picture of the top page on metacritic. Didn't realize it sat higher on PS4/XB1. Although that's a bit curious because I've heard the performance on PC is superior.

Which goes to show minute differences in metacritic scores are meaningless. Ultimately, the only takeaway of value is that XBX and FO4 are generally seen as games rated in the mid 80s.

JohnTonne

Are there a set amount of side missions or do they just randomly generate the collect so and so item from generic soldiers?

Asking because I've just been accepting the 1 star missions and expecting once I clear what I have they will be gone but more 1 stars seem to keep appearing so I'm wondering if they are infinite. Had a few fun scenes from doing sidequests and would like to see those at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom