• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the first part are you asking if you need to have the context to the hex's mission from gossip heard in NLA to complete it? Cause you don't.

Tyrants are marked by the purple cloud/circle around their level indicator. Or the admittedly dope music that plays during their fights.

Thank you, that clears up some stuff for me :)

zroid

Banned
Here's my character

Y6p35Gf.png

Zafir

Does anyone know where the Tectinsulas are in Oblivia? Can't find one for the live of me, despite the fact I've apparently killed one according to the Enemy Index.

Edit: Nevermind I went to one in Noctilum, since I remembered seeing some and they dropped the item I needed.

Dad

I think I made a huge mistake rolling with a tank build over something more DPS oriented. It makes Lin redundant, and all I can do for the most part in combat is wait around while my teammates throw out basic attacks or die from AoE spam. Anyone else go more tank oriented? Tips?

finalflame

Guys I'm pretty confused. I did the first "quest" I believe for BLADE where I
found Tatsu.
Now I just have a prompt saying "Notice from Blade HQ: To comment a story mission accept it at the BLADE barracks!", but it seems everything in there has requirements I don't yet meet (explore % of Primordia/Level).

At this point, am I just supposed to go do whatever and pick up quests throughout NLA? Explore and install probes? I loved XCX but this all seems so overwhelming.

Also, I am being asked to join a squad every time I start the game up, and just go for the "immersive single-player experience" one. Now I have a "squad mission"on the bottom right of my screen with a timer and apparently members, but I have no idea what that means. Help?

I want to love the game but so far it does not at all have the same charm as XC. It's really weird to see cars and whatnot in the game. The battle system is top notch though, and the world outside of NLA seems nice.

Chaos17

Just started this and I have no idea what's going on with the battle system. Played Chronicles and this shit is confusing me still

Listen to your companions, they will order you something then you will have to press the highlighen button/skill. That's the easiest way to start, imo.

Later, when you will have more skills, you can take the initative doing a skill yourself. It will trigger randomly the B button and when you successfully press it, your character will give an order to your companions.

Try to have different arts of different colors in your bar, so you can reply to your companions often.

Beats

Where do you get ebony evello eggs? The quest description says they're from wasteland evellos, but I haven't gotten a single one from them after 20 minutes. I've broken their parts too. Is the drop rate just bad?

Azuran

Banned
Does anyone have a list with a location for all the caves in Primordia? I been running around for hours looking for one I've been to before but now I have no idea how to get there again.

Chaos17

found Tatsu.
Now I just have a prompt saying "Notice from Blade HQ: To comment a story mission accept it at the BLADE barracks!", but it seems everything in there has requirements I don't yet meet (explore % of Primordia/Level).

At this point, am I just supposed to go do whatever and pick up quests throughout NLA? Explore and install probes? I loved XCX but this all seems so overwhelming.

Also, I am being asked to join a squad every time I start the game up, and just go for the "immersive single-player experience" one. Now I have a "squad mission"on the bottom right of my screen with a timer and apparently members, but I have no idea what that means. Help?

I want to love the game but so far it does not at all have the same charm as XCX. It's really weird to see cars and whatnot in the game. The battle system is top notch though, and the world outside of NLA seems nice.

Yes, you're free to do things at your own pace and what you like : that's freedom
The icons you see about squads are missions shared through the whole "saquad/server".
Don't bother yourself with them, they're usually for high level players.

Vecks

found Tatsu.

I want to love the game but so far it does not at all have the same charm as XC. It's really weird to see cars and whatnot in the game. The battle system is top notch though, and the world outside of NLA seems nice.

I recommend doing the probe quests from kirsty to start. She's at a building near the blade terminal/barracks. She'll tell you about probes and "force" you to explore the map. After that, yeah, go look for quests you get from NLA npcs. They'll show up on the minimap as a red "?" icon.

finalflame

Yes, you're free to do things at your own pace and what you like : that's freedom
The icons you see about squads are missions shared through the whole "saquad/server".
Don't bother yourself with them, they're usually for high level players.

Yah, feels like Xenoblade but the whole "story mission revolves around BLADES" thing just feels weird because at first it wasn't clear what BLADES really is and it seems to tie into the online stuff.

Another question: there are hexagons on the map that show a probe icon, but I've explored them entirely and no probe to activate/beam of light. Am I missing something?

Azuran

Banned
found Tatsu.

Just head out to Primordia and have fun exploring. You can increase survey rate by completing missions and installing probes.

Vena

Takahasi wrote such a peculiar story with how *you* are a part of it. In as of so far I love the fact that I am effectively playing as a random red shirt.

I'm so boring. I still have the same "fashion gear" on that I did at the beginning. Black tank top and black pants, lol.
My FFXV cast cosplay.
:p

Azuran

Banned
Yah, feels like Xenoblade but the whole "story mission revolves around BLADES" thing just feels weird because at first it wasn't clear what BLADES really is and it seems to tie into the online stuff.

Another question: there are hexagons on the map that show a probe icon, but I've explored them entirely and no probe to activate/beam of light. Am I missing something?

They may be located underground in caves or above in really high areas.

I think ti's confirmed that you have to be actively playing. It'll stop handing you resources if you just idle for long enough.

I idled a while today and kept getting resources... but it wasn't like hours and hours or anything. Probably an hour or so tho.

Malus

Squad Select screen music is amazing. It plays in some cutscenes too, but I didn't realize it played in Squad Select since I never stuck around long enough.

So far the only song I don't like is the one that plays in enemy bases. It's not bad, but it just screams "inoffensive atmospheric music." I guess it kinda sounds stealthy which is fitting.

Zafir

I wish I'd find more storage probes, keep finding mining ones and well. My mining income is higher than what I can hold, lol. :|

I think ti's confirmed that you have to be actively playing. It'll stop handing you resources if you just idle for long enough.

oh that sucks, I saw a guide that said you could stay idle

I'll test it then try a rubber band to keep run on

I don't want money issues

Is it just me, or is mechanical far, far superior to the other two skills? Not only is it used for setting data probes, but I feel like I find far more mechanical treasure boxes than biological or archeological

Yeah, it's REALLY lopsided

I'm glad I chose to max mechanical quickly. Also, archeological seems significantly more common than biological as well. Granted I haven't explored sylvanum or cauldros at all yet, so maybe it's different when you get there

Kureransu

Is it just me, or is mechanical far, far superior to the other two skills? Not only is it used for setting data probes, but I feel like I find far more mechanical treasure boxes than biological or archeological

that's why i've only upgraded mechanical. It only took one time of me snaking past super high level baddies to get to a probe spot and see i wasn't a high enough mechanical level to know i'm only leveling that one first. I'm so glad i did too, because missions become so more accessible for me when i know i can FT right to where i need to be to get the mission going.

Jetku

Amazon has the collectors guide for $22 - 25% with code bookdeal25! $17 for me after tax, ships on December 13th!

Also: Fun moment earlier today. Was fighting mech enemies for a quest in Noctilum. Was using my mech and winning, when suddenly a giant monkey enemy barreled in and one shot my mech (Luckily I easily got the save, so my insurance is in tact) Found out afterward the monkey ignores you if you're not in a skell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom