• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody has a list of augments and what they do? I know good number of them but some I need to check on placing augments page to see what they actually do. I don't buy equipment BTW mostly using equips dropped by monsters so a lot of them have set augments already. It would be nice to see what they do before I swap equipment.
Eeeeeverything. Except the in-between things, for now.

Man the draw distance in this game is incredible! I cant believe this is running on a Wii U. I cant wait to see what MonolithSoft does on the NX.

Any way to make the audio track Japanese only during cutscenes?

There will be QTEs during battle, get them right and you get some health back. (I think, haven't really paid attention haha. It's so chaotic most of the times.)

Also yeah, you can move around. Get behind an enemy to do more damage etc.

You mainly heal by doing the doing the soul challenges right(press B in time) and Arts that restore HP.

Some attacks can be avoided by going out of range or moving out of the way of the attack(directional attacks).

Ah gotcha. So these QTEs are just random? I just kept seeing (B) pop up in my screen and I had no idea why.

Its really complex and I wish the first battle went through these things instead of having me go into the manual. Seems like its gonna be one of those battle systems I'll just "get" after like 50 battles or so.

Just started, whoever said there are tons of systems in the game was right. Jeez, it's crazy, and the text is stupid small too. Looks like they added a lot of depth to the battle system which is good.

random25

Hello folks,

How's everyone enjoying the game so far? I'm not really into JRPGs, but this game looks very cool to me. Should I pick it up?

Fair warning: it's not a game for everybody, and can be overwhelming if you are not into complicated systems and stuff. But once the gameplay clicks, it's pure gaming crack.

Eeeeeverything. Except the in-between things, for now.

Thanks! Reliable as always :)

Ulysses 31

Ah gotcha. So these QTEs are just random? I just kept seeing (B) pop up in my screen and I had no idea why.

Its really complex and I wish the first battle went through these things instead of having me go into the manual. Seems like its gonna be one of those battle systems I'll just "get" after like 50 battles or so.

The QTEs have a chance to appear after YOU do an art.

Shun

Does anyone know where Mia's second quest is? I know it's in Noctilim but I'm trying to find her so I can get her on my team and get her skills.

Mia is the girl who failed the BLADE exam and left on an adventure.

charpunk

Wow. The physical guide kinda sucks as far as the side content goes. No information is given outside of what's already provided in-game.

What type of games do you like?

What kind of game are you looking for?

Also, I would recommend watching Giant Bomb's Quicklook of Xenoblade X. They provide a pretty comprehensive look at the game.

Like I said, I'm not really into JRPGs, but I can enjoy a good one. I enjoy RPGs in general, and from all the videos I've seen, this game looks fairly fun. I'm not a fan of MMOs though.

I honestly just took a picture of the top page on metacritic. Didn't realize it sat higher on PS4/XB1. Although that's a bit curious because I've heard the performance on PC is superior.

Most review sites only played the PS4 version, many high score are missing from the pc version.

Game arrived right before I left for work.

Get home, sit down, boot up Wii U, error message telling me the downloadable packs that make it run better are corrupted.

Fuck me.

Just did the affinity mission where you have to gain 3000 credits. Was standing around, waiting for the credits....didn't realise it won't give me anything until I move around. Waited just 15 minutes...I feel stupid.

EDIT: I'm looking for 10 pearls for a guy named Cedric(at least they are called Süßwasserperlen in german) in NLA. Are they really there or where do I habe to look for them?

TDLink

Does anyone know where Elma's first heart to heart is? I see segments on the map for her second and third but I can't do them unless I find her first.

chadboban

Alright it's official ninja, you have some sort of abnormal obsession with this game.

An OT is generally for people who:

A) Own the game and wish to discuss it's various aspects (whether they be positive or negative)
B) Have an interest in owning the game.
C) Have questions regarding the game to make an informed decision on whether to buy it or not.

Or to put it another way it for people who are INTERESTED in the GAME. Not only to talk about graphics or reviews but to actually discuss the freaking game.You've made it pretty clear that you're not any one of these people. You don't own a Wii U and likely never will thus will probably never own this game. Yet you seem to be checking this thread often looking out for any opportunity to say how unimpressed you are with the graphics and to compare review scores since apparently someone just making a bad comparison is just too much for you.

This is the only time I will ever address your posts in this thread. I won't again since doing anything more will simply be a waste of my time and will add nothing to the thread.

Big Brett

I'm supposed to gather 3000 credits from FrontierNav in a single return.... what does this mean?

EDIT: While sitting here waiting, it completed. O...kay?

Aeana

Wii_U_screenshot_TV_01_C4_D.jpg

I fell for it. :(

zroid

Banned
couple questions about probes:

1) can you buy them?

2) if there are two adjacent probes and they DON'T have any lines connecting them, does that definitely mean you can't chain probes on those sites?

Arklite

Some of these fetch quests, man. A little too MMOish with the drop rates. Those pugels refused to drop the two energy whatevers I needed for an affinity mission for a entire night of play. I can barely find 7 fruit for the paltry prize of a pair of jeans right now. Aside from that, it's been solid fun.

Dad

Need some help on chapter 6.

Is there any appendage I can break off to stop the electric attack on the boss? I have next to no electricity defense and it 1 shots me.

Lombax

Banned
Ok I'm about 8 hours in, and I don't know about anyone else, but I just hit that "oh fuck I need to read the manual" moment.

This is quickly becoming the best game I have played in 2015.

ninjablade move aside breh this is the OT!

I have no problem with that.

I came in this thread just to point that was a unfair comparisons, that's all. If I see something that's obviously wrong I like to point it out. I don't see anybody complaining about the person who made the bad comparison, double standard's I guess.

On the map that tells you which section has Tyrants, treasure, etc you can't just go there and expect to complete it you have to have the quest activated by getting close to a person in NLA?

I haven't fought or come across a tyrant since the "tutorial" one. Or I forgot what symbol denotes a tyrant.

El Odio

Banned
On the map that tells you which section has Tyrants, treasure, etc you can't just go there and expect to complete it you have to have the quest activated by getting close to a person in NLA?

I haven't fought or come across a tyrant since the "tutorial" one. Or I forgot what symbol denotes a tyrant.
For the first part are you asking if you need to have the context to the hex's mission from gossip heard in NLA to complete it? Cause you don't.

Tyrants are marked by the purple cloud/circle around their level indicator. Or the admittedly dope music that plays during their fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom