• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malus

Decided to swim from the shore of Oblivia to Primordia for no reason in particular. Apparently a random section of the water on the way there is "Oblivia Waters" and it has it's own day/night themes. SO GOOD. Though it could just be when you swim out far enough.

Yep now it's NLA waters and I think it's the same theme.

Also: Fun moment earlier today. Was fighting mech enemies for a quest in Noctilum. Was using my mech and winning, when suddenly a giant monkey enemy barreled in and one shot my mech (Luckily I easily got the save, so my insurance is in tact) Found out afterward the monkey ignores you if you're not in a skell
There are a lot of enemies I've been noticing like that. The music bird things will ignore you in a skell but are hostile when you're on foot, as another example.

He's definitely no Riki.
Yeah, I definitely miss that little guy. The whole cooking Tatsu shtick was actually pretty funny, but I can already see it'll be overdone.

Anyway, I started pathing to a Blade Samurai/Duelist class, but I like dual swords too. But photon swords don't sound half bad either. Decisions, decisions.

There are a lot of enemies I've been noticing like that. The music bird things will ignore you in a skell but are hostile when you're on foot, as another example.

I know there are enemies like that. I just wasn't expecting it to come randomly rushing right through the area where the enemies I was fighting were. Like, it rushes straight through the middle with little warning and destroys me while I wasn't expecting it

What have you guys been doing to raise your survey percent?

I'm trying to get Oblivia to 30% by installing probes but progress is super slow.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Decided to swim from the shore of Oblivia to Primordia for no reason in particular. Apparently a random section of the water on the way there is "Oblivia Waters" and it has it's own day/night themes. SO GOOD. Though it could just be when you swim out far enough.

Yep now it's NLA waters and I think it's the same theme.

That area sold me---you're swimming and all of a sudden you're in this strange island with its own music and it's not even on the map...

And then you suddenly see all these high-level humanoid creatures roaming around--yet you're too frightened to approach them and see what exactly they are. Gave me chills. And then you manage to sneak by them and reach Primordia---wow.

Seems like a bit of a stretch to think that there are people who've fully tried out all the classes to give a fair comparison at this stage of the game.

And why would you start over rather than changing class and level that up with your current character.

This won't make much sense to you but playing a game for whatever X amount of time just to get the idea of the game down then starting over is something I've always done since the NES days, even if I sunk 30 hours into it. Though it's tougher now I'm an adult.

I've done some research and that Mastermind class looks like fun.

This game has officially consumed me. I now live for XCX, everything else just gets in the way.

Btw, this theme is so goddamn lovely. For some reason it reminds me of Clannad (starting at 01:48).

wOM4ZLq.jpg

Azuran

Banned
At this rate I'm never going to start Chapter 4. I just keep running around doing side quests and exploring. There's just so much to do here.

I been playing for 20 hours and I haven't even started Chapter 5. I'm spending way too much time completing basic missions just because I want all those casual clothes. My biggest priority is to look good when running around.

Vena

So I had one of the most fun encounters in the game so far. I drove head first into an enemy camp (30+ enemies in there) and started a good old fashioned hoedown. They were 20-30 in level (Oblivia), and I had a single Skell + team.

It was a good half hour of nonstop combat, jumping in and out of my skell for cooldowns. Good times.

SeanTSC

Just got my copy in today, thanks UPS delay, and my fucking god - I have never had my experience with a video game made so much drastically worse by its music than this fucking game. So much worse than I could have imagined.

boxter432

oh that sucks, I saw a guide that said you could stay idle

I'll test it then try a rubber band to keep run on

I don't want money issues

there is an auto-run. its like R+A or something (not sure exactly offhand), could maybe find a corner or just go to NLA and auto run. that is if idling indeed doesn't work

I think ti's confirmed that you have to be actively playing. It'll stop handing you resources if you just idle for long enough.

I don't remember this, you should be able to earn things by doing nothing, unless your Wii U goes to sleep mode by itself.

Chaos17

All right, I finished to play for today.
My roomate just n life this game more than I am, lol

Anyway, I unlocked Lao he is so cool but I'm kinda lazy to level up all the companions.
I will need to find a way someday because I want to do their quests.

Then I decided to go talk to all resident to new LA since I just advanced in the story.
Most them didn't had anything new to say but some did and I was even surprised to find residents that I never saw before because of different time of the day.

After that, I gone level up a bit till level 20 so I can buy and equip new armors, I took the occasion to explore more the north of Noctilum.

After bashing some mobs for sometime and finally reaching level 20, I decided to do an affinity mission of Lin+Elma. It was quite funny and wish Vandam could be part of my team, I do really like him!

I wanted to finish my run by recruiting Hope since I got the quest tounlock her but it wants me to go to Caudros, a continent I never gone before wich is after Sylvarium! I looked at the map and said "NOPE" it' too far, lol.

That's it for today :D

adamy

Banned
i don't get it

picked up physical copy of the game today and downloaded all the DLC quickload packs

now it's taking over 1 hour to install them...even though they're already downloaded

how the hell is it taking so long to install content already downloaded to the wii u's HD...

i just want to play a little before i have to go to bed to wake up early as fuck for work in the morning :(

pablito

What's the best way to get your BLADE level up? I'm kind of stuck at pre chapter 6. Need to survey 20% but I need one more level so I can get a field skill to 3. Made the mistake of spreading them out instead of taking mechanical straight to 3.

Dad

I don't remember this, you should be able to earn things by doing nothing, unless your Wii U goes to sleep mode by itself.
I thought a couple of people in this thread said you stop generating income if you idle long enough for the gamepad to dim. Could be wrong though.

Also, the chapter 6 boss finally made me drop to easy mode for the fight. I am ashamed

jmizzal

No, Eleanora will explain it more to you.
Her" tuto quests" unlocked after chapter 3 for me, same wiht the "probes tutos quests".
If you alrady did them, then just talk to Eleanore and she will repeat how you gain those points.

Thanks I did that

Ok is it a way to know how close you are to leveling up? She doesnt say

Also just learnt that you can buy some items from the BLADE Barracks with reward tickets, that comes in handy when a quest has hard to find items

Leiru

guys i HIGHLY recommend doing the normal mission "frontier sprit" that corwin gives you in the administrative district. I cannot believe that was a sidequest

Ventara

I was really getting tired of running around most enemies, so I decided to update my gear and was surprised to find some decent stuff in the shop. I guess investing in Sakuraba paid off. My defense almost doubled, and I can even fight enemies a few levels above me. I'm glad since exploring was starting to feel really restrictive.

Anyway, does anyone know where I can find a spherical EM thingy? I need it for Howard to fix his helicopter.

Are you guys buying gear to stay up to date? Wonder if I should keep buying gear or just replying on drops.

Buy your gear, as long as you've invested in AMs. Of course, check to see if it's an improvement and whatnot.

Diablos54

More Noctilum Exploration:

dc0Ucuh.jpg

YlQgdXz.jpg

5KojFLS.jpg

HQPJgjB.jpg

8QF2Ro4.jpg

15cSGR0.jpg

SEV0pf9.jpg

k2Pi8Uv.jpg

Anyway, does anyone know where I can find a spherical EM thingy? I need it for Howard to fix his helicopter.
I just finished this exactly part, took so long! It's a rare drop in the top right hand area, Whitewood something.

El Odio

Banned
Man. The affinity missions really do supplement the story outside of, well, story missions. I'm really diggin then so far.
Edit: ^ love those shots

TWILT

Banned
Duelist Class unlocked! Think that'll be my main class for the rest of the game; I love samuraish classes and as much as I want to experiment with other classes, not sure if I'll have the BP to support them lol. I'll see I guess.

Also, Noctilum is so gorgeous. My favorite area to explore so far. x_x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom