• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whelp.... I accepted the repair job affinity quest... 1/5 white cometites with a mining probe on 3 sites that can produce it. Guess I'll just leave the wiiu on tonight and hope they're all there by morning. This is as good a way as any to force me to take a break and do some laundry :p

Doombear

So can I or can I not uplod photos stored in my album :/ ??

I couldn't find a way without posting it on MiiVerse and then visiting Miiverse on PC and grabbing the link...

Instead, now I just skill the screenshot folder and go right to imgur and upload them there. Just as fast, and easy.

This game is goddamned gorgeous. Many different times now as I am running around, I realize that I am just grinning like an idiot looking at the environment. I swam here earlier to nab something for a quest... and then had to tiptoe around everything.

So... pretty.

l0SLOjp.jpg

MUoEhkj.jpg

Whelp.... I accepted the repair job affinity quest... 1/5 white cometites with a mining probe on 3 sites that can produce it. Guess I'll just leave the wiiu on tonight and hope they're all there by morning. This is as good a way as any to force me to take a break and do some laundry :p

UGH. It felts like I spent hours on that quest. Didn't help that I was doing other sidequests that required me to collect other stuff (damn pearls)

NeonZ

The
Fierce Vigent
from the
Friend in Need
affinity quest is really annoying. It really shouldn't be a hard battle,
but then he suddenly uses that jump attack and it's almost instant death to anyone hit by it.
I guess I'm supposed to break his hand to stop him from jumping, but I've taken almost half of his HP once and the hand didn't break.

Doombear

I feel bad >.> By the time I flagged that quest I had 21 White Cometites just sitting there, wish I could hand em out! I basically used nothing by Mining probes from the moment I started.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
So I just found a LIFE pod in the water, but since im not in a story mission nothing is even happening, not even a "hey is that a LIFE pod? nah" or nothing, im literally touching the giant cross and nothing haha, story canon they would be freaking their shit haha, im guessing since I cant add a probe cause im stuck in mechanical 1 they cant "know" that its there.

Kadin

When you guys are comparing gear, are you basically just looking at the bottom section to see what's better/worse?

Is crafting only with the AMs? Where do I get these mats? I'm level 15 and can't craft a single piece of armor or weapon. Do you just invest more in the companies?

Jarmel

Banned
I really fucking hate that teammates aren't autoleveled. What idiot thought that was a good idea? Especially with teammates being all over the damn place and having to physically track them down every time.

This is just so mindblowingly inconvenient.

El Odio

Banned
Okay, so (minor chapter 5 spoilers)
I made mention if this before but the fact that only essential teammates seem to get dialogue in big quests. During the conversation about aliens understanding English L was in my party and just stood there while they pondered this, even when Lin directly refered to him. It really breaks the immersion going on.

Blues1990

I really fucking hate that teammates aren't autoleveled. What idiot thought that was a good idea? Especially with teammates being all over the damn place and having to physically track them down every time.

This is just so mindblowingly inconvenient.

Along with adjusting the audio, this needs to be patched in. The fact that I can't make up my mind for my forth party member, along with how all of those characters are inconveniently scattered across New L.A. is annoying to deal with.

So is BP finite? I'm leveling up a few things as I go along and am wondering if I should stop for arts later down the class tree.

Also they weren't kidding when they said the game throws way to many things at you all at once. Felt overwhelmed the first few hours.

Malus

Run around Primordia to do a simple kill x enemies quest, stop at 5 out of 7 killed because night time came and they disappeared -> See and fight giant enemy I couldn't beat earlier in the game -> Gather some blue shiny things 'cus why not -> Accidentally find Tyrant I need for quest and kill it -> Run back to area with quest enemies I need -> On the way I see a trail up a mountain in the distance that I haven't explored -> Trail leads in a bunch of different directions with caves, beaches, landmarks, treasures and a probe,

Xenoblade in a nutshell.

105.Will

I just finished building my new computer with a 980ti, i7 processor, and all that good stuff, and when i sat down and loaded up steam i realized there wasn't a single game i actually wanted to play except this one. This game is too good

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I just swam all the way to sylvam while dodging giant mecha robots left and right, now its dusty as fuck.

I seemed to be fucked as far as installing the downloadable packs. First time it told me the data was corrupted. Deleted it all and re-downloaded, now it's stuck "installing" them. Guess I'll be playing without them.

Shun

I just got my doll.

I'm smiling so much right now.

40 hours in. Now I have enough money to buy like 5 frames now.

Squishy3

The
Fierce Vigent
from the
Friend in Need
affinity quest is really annoying. It really shouldn't be a hard battle,
but then he suddenly uses that jump attack and it's almost instant death to anyone hit by it.
I guess I'm supposed to break his hand to stop him from jumping, but I've taken almost half of his HP once and the hand didn't break.
I actually had more luck just going ham with my arts instead of trying to play it well. I think the back legs break easier than the head/front stuff. Electricity resistance helps too.

For those who don't know, monsters who have attacks that do a lot of damage, the name of the art they use will pop up and so will a symbol of the type of attack that it is, letting you know what resistances you should build for.

Chaos17

You know guys, a part of me wish that game could be released one day on pc. Because I want Monolith to get popular and they so deserve it. Pc gamers would love this game, they would mod it to the core and play endlessly like SKyrim.

That would help Monolith to be more reconized. Cause the type of game they make will suit pc gamers taste.

Ofc, their games should still come out first on Nintendo console.
I want Nintendo to continue to live long.

I acknowledge that I contradict myself -.-'
I'm so conflicted about it, lol

i was on chapter 6 i dont remember where exactly he was but he was on the administrative for sure

Ok, thanks.

Golnei

You know guys, a part of me wish that game could be released one day on pc. Because I want Monolith to get popular and they so deserve it. Pc gamers would love this game, they would mod it to the core and play endlessly like SKyrim.

That would help Monolith to be more reconized. Cause the type of game they make will suit pc gamers taste.

I guess it depends on the timeframe - expecting a port in the next year or so is futile, but it might be a candidate once Nintendo goes bankrupt and has its IP bought out sometime in the next twenty years. Otherwise, I guess we still have the possibility of emulation for IQ and texture improvements, if not substantial mods.

where is the ability to keep your higher stat gear but allow it to look like something else?

I found a pants that makes Elma look great since I gave up controlling my own avatar I have Elma as leader

Golnei

where is the ability to keep your higher stat gear but allow it to look like something else?

I found a pants that makes Elma look great since I gave up controlling my own avatar I have Elma as leader

You should have the fashion gear options from the beginning, you can access the menu by pressing X at the ground gear screen.

random25

I acknowledge that I contradict myself -.-'
I'm so conflicted about it, lol

I heard Wii U emulation is going well, so...

Back on topic, so many guys now have skells. I'm gonna stop fooling around and do actual story missions lol.

Chaos17

I guess it depends on the timeframe - expecting a port in the next year or so is futile, but it might be a candidate once Nintendo goes bankrupt and has its IP bought out sometime in the next twenty years. Otherwise, I guess we still have the possibility of emulation for IQ and texture improvements, if not substantial mods.

Yeah, first Xenoblade with high textures on pc looks nicer than on the Wii.

rhandino

Banned
So is BP finite? I'm leveling up a few things as I go along and am wondering if I should stop for arts later down the class tree.

Also they weren't kidding when they said the game throws way to many things at you all at once. Felt overwhelmed the first few hours.
... from what I gathered you can get a lot of them from participating in the online features or grind one of the repeatable DLC missions...

ugoo18

I can't quite wrap my head around the characters stat wise.

For example i enjoyed using Shulk, Dunban, Sharla and Reyn in XC. Currently using my created character, Elma, Lin and Doug. I have no idea what i should focus on for Elma, Lin and Doug in terms of boosting their stats or what they're suited to.

Chaos17

For example i enjoyed using Shulk, Dunban, Sharla and Reyn in XC. Currently using my created character, Elma, Lin and Doug. I have no idea what i should focus on for Elma, Lin and Doug in terms of boosting their stats or what they're suited to.

Elma is a rogue/thief
Lin is a tank
Doug is a... dps warrior with the hability to heal a little.
Erina is a healer
Gwyn full dps warrior, he can off-tank a bit since he has aggro skills
H.B and L are tanks too.
Lao Dps warrior.
Hope is a mage > crown control

ugoo18

Elma is a rogue/thief
Lin is a tank
Doug is a... dps warrior with the hability to heal a little.

So basically pump Lin up with HP and defensive attributes as well as things to draw aggro, pump Doug up with attack focused things.

Not quite sure what you mean in regards to Elma.

Lin has a shield and defensive buffs/arts

Elma dual wields swords and has crit/evasion buffs and arts that benefit from her attacking from behind.

Havent used Doug but I think they spell it out enough for you to figure out what their roles are. You can also choose to spec them a bit differently since there's so many arts/skills they learn.

Chaos17

So basically pump Lin up with HP and defensive attributes as well as things to draw aggro, pump Doug up with attack focused things.

Not quite sure what you mean in regards to Elma.

She is like a rogue (for me), mean she is good with anything that dps and has high evasion.

Example :
2 of her skills that make her like a glass canon.
Both skills will reduce her HP a lot but boost amazingly her damages.

So boot her atk and crit

Edit : beaten

Battle tips, no story spoiler.

Make some max TP devices and use long sword and some skills/arts combos that gives you TP during battle. Learn how to use OCG, WHO NEED TEAMMATES AND SKELLS? :|

ugoo18

Thanks for all the tips, finding combat to be better than XC the few times its clicked for me but understanding it all seems a bit more involved than XC. Although it wasn't till my second playthrough that i fully understood what i was doing properly and specced accordingly lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom