• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xenoblade Chronicles X |OT| You want a baked Potatsu? http://youtu.be/8qPGXDk23mE

Status
Not open for further replies.
iB3KfIc.jpg

G-d dammit I love this game.

totowhoa

Banned
Holy crap that repair job affinity quest.

Game is so bad about teaching you anything. Locking you into a quest where you have to find a "puges" (how am I supposed to remember the name and where those 4 enemies I fought 6 hours ago are?), get some item from a continent I've never been to (I had no idea they were items on the over world.... Without knowing, I freaked out about finding them initially), and get some cometites from mines (HOW DO I DO THIS GAME, WTF TELL ME MAN).

It's total bullshit you can't abandon this kind of quest. Without the internet this shit would have taken me 5+ hours to figure out I'm sure.

Anyway, loving the game. >_> I can't believe they found such an utter lack of user education and guidance acceptable though.

ghibli99

So pissed that UPS claims they "delivered" my LE on Friday, and didn't. We were home all day. Now I have a claim in, and while I might get my money back, I wonder if I'll get a replacement. First world problems, but it still sucks to have to go through this. UPS did something similar when I was waiting for a G-Sync monitor delivery. Claimed I wasn't home, even though I was. All day once again. Sigh...

totowhoa

Banned
I guess most people here, don't read the manual?

I've read most of the manual but it's still vague as shit at times.

And since when has that been expected of folks? Who the heck uses the Wii U manuals? The last Xenovlade handled that far more gracefully.

I guess most people here, don't read the manual?

The manual is really useful but it can still be hard to find the information you're looking for. I'm really enjoying the game but it does a poor job explaining it's mechanics outside of the manual. The first Xenoblade did a great deal better in that regard.

Around 14-15. It's annoying that
it starts you right off with her after your first fight, Lin was dead and Elma nearly dead so I had no hope really.

I think I was 15 as well. I lost the first time too but beat her on my second try! Wasn't so bad. Just make sure to level up and fine tune your arts/skills.

Chaos17

The manual is really useful but it can still be hard to find the information you're looking for. I'm really enjoying the game but it does a poor job explaining it's mechanics outside of the manual. The first Xenoblade did a great deal better in that regard.

But didn't the game tutorial finished to hold your hand after like 6 hours ?
Isn't it better to be free just after 3 hours of "introduction" ?

totowhoa

Banned

The game doesn't introduce anything. It just says go over there to find the quest board and press A to stick a probe in the ground. Now go. Everything else was plot setup.

I feel bad for anybody who missed out on the first game since literally 0 battle mechanics are explained. And even then I guarantee you most players went the first 5 hours wondering why their arts weren't drawing aggro.

Mory Dunz

The Xeno accolades trailer is pretty good.

The game doesn't introduce anything. It just says go over there to find the quest board and press A to stick a probe in the ground. Now go. Everything else was plot setup.

I feel bad for anybody who missed out on the first game since literally 0 battle mechanics are explained.

wow, that's weird/dumb after the first game's explanations were pretty good. The visual aids were nice.

The intro was pretty long but I don't remember it being six hours long. And it's not that I want that, either. I'd just like for the game to go a bit more into detail of how some of the finer mechanics work so I don't have to look through the manual because it was poorly explained.

totowhoa

Banned
The Xeno accolades trailer is pretty good.

wow, that's weird/dumb after the first game's explanations were pretty good. The visual aids were nice.

Yeah it's nuts. I'm guessing I can switch party leader too but I probably glazed over it during one of my info dump sessions reading the manual. That's the main fault of this game, otherwise I'm loving it more than the first. (Though expecting a weaker story from reviews, which doesn't bother me much).

totowhoa

Banned
How does the color system work for equipment rarity?

Scroll through some, you'll just have to learn it. Green is unique, blue is rare. I can't remember the others. They have it denoted in text in the stat box.

Quick question:

I haven't messed with augments yet. Saved right outside the store so I finally do tomorrow night. Does this game handle augment inventory better than the last one? Potentially losing augments on unequipped items was a management nightmare.

Astral Dog

Oh dear God, im not sure what the hell is going on but the text is so small i have to come close to the screen only to read a little.
Then the battle system is not explained at all unless you beat the first game. :(

totowhoa

Banned
Oh dear God, im not sure what the hell is going on but the text is so small i have to come close to the screen only to read a little.
Then the battle system is not explained at all unless you beat the first game. :(

Yesh... wish I was about 12 inches closer playing this. Seems a bit much for a 50" screen at 7 feet away. Usually wait til I'm out of battle to read what a new Art does in the menu system instead of trying to read it in battle.

rhandino

Banned
Well, people complained about the game having too much handholding even when every single thing that the game explained was in, like, 3 text boxes...

Maybe they overdid it this time since they figured out that since the game was kind of targeted to an older audience they could expect from them to read in-game manual, watch promotional material like the Japanese Directs / Survival Guides, etc

That reminded me that we still need that last one survival guide were they will explain the online elements of the game.

aravuus

Is it worth it to develop my own gear?
It's a pain to gather all the materials to do so.

Yeah, the first level 20 longsword you can develop is a fucking beast

I fell for it. :(

Oh god, you're making your character wear that pink uniform... THING?!

You know guys, a part of me wish that game could be released one day on pc. Because I want Monolith to get popular and they so deserve it. Pc gamers would love this game, they would mod it to the core and play endlessly like SKyrim.

That would help Monolith to be more reconized. Cause the type of game they make will suit pc gamers taste.

Ofc, their games should still come out first on Nintendo console.
I want Nintendo to continue to live long.

Hell no, PC port ASAP! Xenoblade isn't a game that keeps Nintendo alive, doubt they'd be any closer to death if it was multiplat from the very start.

XBX in 1080/60 would be fucking insane

I have to disagree on the first paragraph, though. While I think it would likely reach a cult status on PC, it would never garner nearly as much popularity as Skyrim did. It's definitely not endlessly replayable the way Skyrim is.

Astral Dog

Well, people complained about the game having too much handholding even when every single thing that the game explained was in, like, 3 text boxes...

Maybe they overdid it this time since they figured out that since the game was kind of targeted to an older audience they could expect from them to read in-game manual, watch promotional material like the Japanese Directs / Survival Guides, etc

That reminded me that we still need that last one survival guide were they will explain the online elements of the game.
I dont remember much complaining about handholding in Xenoblade, i guess, if you count the first part until Fioras death as an introduction, but even still that was an important part of the game.

rhandino

Banned
I dont remember much complaining about handholding in Xenoblade, i guess, if you count the first part until Fioras death as an introduction, but even still that was an important part of the game.
There was a thread about JRPG don't having good tutorials and other one about being some hours into the game and don't know what to do because... well, they skipped the tutorials and notes because who wants to read them anyway?

=/

What in the fuck.

The USB drive soundtrack is an exe? It crashed my surface twice before I got it to open in file explorer and it uses some weird as program to be able to select them to be played. I can't even remove the wav files from this program.

Someone tell me what I'm doing g wrong and how to get these on my phone.

totowhoa

Banned
There was a thread about JRPG don't having good tutorials and other one about being some hours into the game and don't know what to do because... well, they skipped the tutorials and notes because who wants to read them anyway?

=/

Gutting the tutorials with UIs and menus as dense as these seems like a no-no either way.

JohnTonne

Thanks, I'll take a look there

Go to Northwest Primodia FN site 103 and head east across the water to the area where all the rocks are sticking up, that's where I found them I farmed for a couple quests by warping back to that fast travel spot and repeating the process.

Phloxy

My latest playthrough chapter of the game is nothing but me using things I learned from the manual to help me have a much better understanding of its mechanics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tCJhR4-P_k

Everybody should take a glance at the manual, it's extremely well put together and a big help if you are lost to some of the deeper systems.

finalflame

Is there a music volume slider I'm missing? This music is a fucking atrocity. Such a disgrace after the amazing soundtrack XC had.

totowhoa

Banned
Decided to spare them. Lets see where this gets me I guess lol

My outcome:

You fight the momma pig after you kill them. It was level 11 I think, I was over leveled for it though. Afterwards you report back that you killed them and you just get some remarks and a congrats I guess. He may have made a jab at you but I can't recall. Nothing too remarkable!

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Go to Northwest Primodia FN site 103 and head east across the water to the area where all the rocks are sticking up, that's where I found them I farmed for a couple quests by warping back to that fast travel spot and repeating the process.

This is exactly what I was looking for, will be sure to look into it after my gamepad has charged a bit

Dineren

Banned
What in the fuck.

The USB drive soundtrack is an exe? It crashed my surface twice before I got it to open in file explorer and it uses some weird as program to be able to select them to be played. I can't even remove the wav files from this program.

Someone tell me what I'm doing g wrong and how to get these on my phone.

If you look at the drive in 7zip you can see the hidden folders that contain the wav files and use the copy function to copy them off the drive. Here is a post by jorgejjvr that describes it. Stupid that you have to do that, but at least it's possible.

Is there a music volume slider I'm missing? This music is a fucking atrocity. Such a disgrace after the amazing soundtrack XC had.

Nope you can't adjust the volume. Embrace it and enjoy the vocals because they will be louder than the characters in cutscenes.

atbigelow

26 hours in at lv25 and finally got my skell license.

Too often I feel like I might be going too far into an area. Then the game asks you to go way out there and I stand corrected.

Also my brother refers to the game as "Cowboys and Indigens."

totowhoa

Banned

Some of it is great... Particularly the over world tunes which you hear primarily. Amazing adventure music. The main city music though... I'm suuuuper over it. The fade in is the worst every time I visit.

Battle music has been ok for me.

Edit: yeah the vox over the dialogue is the wooorst though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom